Your veiws of what God is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crimson Phoenix
What do you veiw God as? Big guy with a white beard? spritual being? Alanis Morisette? (sorry, i just saw Dogma)

As a hindu, I beleive God is this Infinite Cosmic Spirit that is in everything. i beleive that God isnt something we can comprehend in our minds cause our minds are finite, and trying to comprehend God would be like making a fish in a pond to comtemplate on Neptune or somthing.

So what do you guys think?

Bardock42
I don't think there is a "God".

debbiejo
Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix
What do you veiw God as? Big guy with a white beard? spritual being? Alanis Morisette? (sorry, i just saw Dogma)

As a hindu, I beleive God is this Infinite Cosmic Spirit that is in everything. i beleive that God isnt something we can comprehend in our minds cause our minds are finite, and trying to comprehend God would be like making a fish in a pond to comtemplate on Neptune or somthing.

So what do you guys think? I believe similar to you.

Atlantis001
I think God could be a cause that cannot be measured, understood, or proved, but that needs to be assumed to explain effects that we see.

God would be like mathematics, it is not measured or observed, and you could say it does not even exist, but it needs to be assumed if you want to explain things that are observed, and exist.

God would be an unmeasurable cause, that originates mearurable effects that is reality.

Bowser jr
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think there is a "God". i agree i don't think there is a god
evil face smokin' beer devil rock

WrathfulDwarf
For me St. Anselm in his writtings hit the nail with this:

"God is that than which no greater can be thought.."

To further add I think that God (being) is pure energy. Kinda like The Force in SW.

Mindship
Favorite expression:
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
---Voltaire

Favorite metaphor:
Dreamer-and-Dream

Favorite overuse of adverbs and adjectives:
Infinitely infinite, unimaginably unimaginable, ineffably ineffable

debbiejo
yes............Like us.

eek! ...........Like me then.......

Black Rob
ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/FSM_himself.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Evil Dead
I'm very much in line with this way of thinking but......this fits no description of any god ever given, so how does the very term "god" apply to this way of thinking? Wouldn't any other nonsensical combination of letters like akjnabao be more sufficient as they do not come with a pre-concieved notion or prior definition?

Black Rob
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I'm very much in line with this way of thinking but......this fits no description of any god ever given, so how does the very term "god" apply to this way of thinking? Wouldn't any other nonsensical combination of letters like akjnabao be more sufficient as they do not come with a pre-concieved notion or prior definition? your way off, it's 43t0u3m5g3v53n5g93573f9g48350t4ut

Shakyamunison
We can never know what God is.

Evil Dead
always got to show up the white dude........what's next, you going to challenge me to a game of basketball?

Shakyamunison
always got to show up the white dude........what's next, you going to challenge me to a game of basketball?

Please use quote. Thank you. big grin

Evil Dead
wha....?

Black Rob
always got to show up the white dude........what's next, you going to challenge me to a game of basketball? i'd never do that...

i'd challenge you to a d*ck measuring contest... wink

Evil Dead
I might surprise you.......I'm only half white thank god...

good thing too, cause the caucasion in me is irish.......

- bows to your big black penis - (no homosexual conotation implied)

Black Rob

- bows to your big black penis - (no homosexual conotation implied) not implied,but infered anyway

Evil Dead
sad

Shakyamunison
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

Black Rob
APRIL FOOLS!!! I'm actually turkish!

Shakyamunison
^ laughing

Atlantis001
I'm very much in line with this way of thinking but......this fits no description of any god ever given, so how does the very term "god" apply to this way of thinking? Wouldn't any other nonsensical combination of letters like akjnabao be more sufficient as they do not come with a pre-concieved notion or prior definition?

akjnabao is diffult to speak so I prefer God... lol

But seriously. I think God is not "so" different from what I have defined as God. Many religions have some weird perpectives about a personified God, and a external being with his own will and ego, that often leads to some contradictions, and things that are difficult to accept. But there is other interpretations of God that look more like the one I gave, like in some gnostic or esoteric sects. Of course there could be mistakes there too, nothing is perfect. Anyway I am still talking about a primary cause, some kind of creator, what God is supposed to be.

Mindship
Technically, there can be no perfect or complete definition of God, as anything put into words, symbols or thought automatically sets boundaries, beyond which "God" still extends. Anyone familiar with the mystical literature will recognize this.

The best we can do is come up with some "shadows" which suggest the object casting them; but the object itself is forever the Ultimate Mystery.

Black Rob
God is black

Darth_Erebus
Alec Baldwin is God, just ask him.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Mindship
Technically, there can be no perfect or complete definition of God, as anything put into words, symbols or thought automatically sets boundaries, beyond which "God" still extends. Anyone familiar with the mystical literature will recognize this.

Thats true too.

Evil Dead
let me get this straight...........Alec Baldwin is really black?

Black Rob
let me get this straight...........Alec Baldwin is really black? yes

debbiejo

The best we can do is come up with some "shadows" which suggest the object casting them; but the object itself is forever the Ultimate Mystery. drunk Party at Mindships house....he's got it together....invites to everyone including Atlantis....bring the Chronicles.

Valharu
Mindship said it best. God is whoever you need him to be.

Mindship
Originally posted by debbiejo
drunk Party at Mindships house....

smokin' band cheers

Shakyamunison
smokin' band cheers

I'm the one with the guitar... laughing

Deano
i agree with this

Captain Falcon
god is a great big penis, prove me wrong.

If i was god i would atleast put 'made by god' on the things i made. their is no god ffs. but if you're talking about the creator and why things got to here, then i would say nature is god.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
If i was god i would atleast put 'made by god' on the things i made. their is no god ffs. but if you're talking about the creator and why things got to here, then i would say nature is god.

laughing Even by my standards, you are one strange person. laughing

Printed on every quark in bold letters, readable in every language, is the universal trade mark of the We Are God Corp. laughing

Black Rob

If i was god i would atleast put 'made by god' on the things i made. their is no god ffs. but if you're talking about the creator and why things got to here, then i would say nature is god. you blasphemous cad! HE IS NOT A BIG PENIS!!!

he's a big black penis

Shakyamunison
^ no she's a "big black penis"

I can't believe I said that. laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud ^^

Interesting though through the Kaballah, father god (Chokmah) is wisdom, the invisible force,unity. Mother god(Binah) focus, understanding and is also called the BIG SQUEEZE.....Squeezing it allllll out.

Captain Falcon
wait, Jesus is God. Jesus is the son of God. God is his own son? I guess his brother is his own nephew.

Shakyamunison
wait, Jesus is God. Jesus is the son of God. God is his own son? I guess his brother is his own nephew.

It's an old trick. If you are the god king, what is your father?

If you are your own father, them your real father is not a danger to your power.

Evil Dead
but can he play the banjo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.