i need help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deicide
Hello,

maybe someone on here can help me with something. when i go to turn my computer on, the little green light on the monitor comes on but 2 seconds later it turns orange and the monitor will not come on. what causes this? and how can i go about fixxin it?? any input would help...ive checked all the wires and their plugged in correctly
thank you

T.M
Orange light usually means it is on standby. Not sure how to fix it.

Hit_and_Miss
Do you have a graphics card?

This problem occurs for me when I plug my monitor into my PC graphics card and not my 3D graphics card...

Make sure the cables are plugged in correctly....

Also Have you changed anything on your PC recently? drivers, new hardware and the like???

Deicide
i havent changed anything, no programs or anything. and everything seems to be plugged in alright. i dont know....

Ryder4LyF
its your pc either your gfx card is gone bad

NoFate007
The same thing has been happening to me the past few days. Do you have a Compaq? I do. What has been going on with me is that it'll shut itself off at random times. Then, I thought I should just give it some rest, so I shut it off, and when I shut it off completely, it makes things worse. It then does the same thing you're talking about - when I turn it on, it makes one or two of 3 different beeps (one of them being a loud DO-do...kind of like when you'd die in a Nintendo videogame or something lol) and it doesn't come on at all. Today alone it took me a little under an hour of trying to turn it on before it finally worked. I'll finally get it to come on when it'll say to pick Safe Mode or Start Windows Normally and whatnot, and no matter what I pick, it'll still screw up a few more times. Eventually I'll get it to work like I did now, but then its just open season for whenever it decides to restart itself. Idk what's going on but its really getting annoying.

NoFate007
Doing a system restore, I thought it would work, but it just went completely nuts and I had to send it to a shop to get it fixed. I hope yours goes better than that.

Deicide
i hooked my monitor up to another computer and it still wouldnt come on. then i hooked the "brain" up to a different monitor and the same thing. i thaught it was just in the monitor but now i think its something else entirely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.