2 really bad movies by Tobe Hooper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omegaman
I dont know if anybody else has seen these 2 fairly recent movies by Hooper... 1) Mortuary and 2) Tool Box Murders. I watched "Mortuary" last night, it was really terrible!! Story line was the worst part! It started out with a good idea but graduated into about 3 other story lines ,most of which were never explained and really got stupid!

Tool Box Murders, was worse (if that is possible)..again too many holes , and things just totally left unexplained!

For someone who is supposedly this great, king of horror..It is really a shame that he put out this CRAP!! I thougth directors were suppose to get better as time goes on , NOT worse!!

Cinemaddiction
Who considers him a king? He had one, maybe two noteworthy movies?

Deano
texas chainsaw massacre
poltergeist
salams lot

thats the best he has done imo

Omegaman
Thats part of my point..all those movies are pretty old and were pretty good but as time has gone on...his movies have just gotten worse and worse

I bet backfire..thinks he is a "king", you just hear his name alot when talking about horror movies, but again its mostly for his older movies

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Deano
texas chainsaw massacre
poltergeist (More so Spielberg's movie..)
Lifeforce
salams lot

thats the best he has done imo

Deano
never heard of lifeforce. any good?

Pandemoniac
As said, Hoopers fame is only based on 2 or 3 good movies. Just about everything else he directed was below average or just plain crappy.
He relies greatly on his directors of photography and screenwriters to do the real thinking and crafting. He had a good crew on those 2 or 3 occasions, but he seems unable to bring enough creativity and insight himself.

cropsy_is_god
I didn't think the toolbox murders was that bad certainly not great but it was better than i thought it would be but it was a let down compare to some of tobe hooper's other films.

MildPossession
Wasn't keen on Toolbox Murders remake, the original was rubbish too but was more disturbing imo.

Wolfie
I enjoyed Toolbox Murders.

BackFire
Originally posted by Omegaman
Thats part of my point..all those movies are pretty old and were pretty good but as time has gone on...his movies have just gotten worse and worse

I bet backfire..thinks he is a "king", you just hear his name alot when talking about horror movies, but again its mostly for his older movies

Nah, I think he's more or less a one hit wonder. He wrote/directed my favorite film of all time, so I have to give him major credit for that, haven't really cared for anything else he's done though.

papabeard
I liked The Toolbox Murders, and of course TCM and I like Salems Lot and TCM 2.

Lifeforce is a bit ridiculous, its sci fi, and the main character is a woman who is naked throughout the film.

Zilverz
So does this not give much promise to Tobe Hoopers "Zombies" ??

Mider
i heard tool box murders was good

Alpha Centauri
Sheri Moon-Zombie was in it I think.

She makes anything good.

-AC

Zilverz
Originally posted by Zilverz
So does this not give much promise to Tobe Hoopers "Zombies" ??

Welp just read today that Tobe Hoopers script was not used for the movie and he also did not direct it they went with someone else

slayer
Another Hooper movie yet to be mentioned is 1981's the Funhouse. Great Slasher film!

MildPossession
Yeah she was in the Toolbox Murders, I can't remember her role though.

thegreatrudini
Lifeforce is a quality film.... well i like it anyway

C-Dic
Lifeforce..Mathilda May..naked vampire zombie..how can you go wrong?

BTW, we got "Mortuary" in at work last night, but I gotta get "Wolf Creek" out of the way, first.

thegreatrudini
wolf creek is well good

deathbycorn
Just watched Mortuary and it started out pretty good but then just got stupid with two storylines, one about the derformed dude and the other about the parasite. And that stupid well was just dumb, the ending was so pathietic.

The best part was the hot ass naked dead chick.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by deathbycorn
...The best part was the hot ass naked dead chick.

Bwhahahaha! That's all I have to say about that.

Comicbook_kid
Tobe Hooper does indeed have some stinkbombs in his career, (like most horror directors), but there are a few that I really enjoyed....

I loved...

1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Poltergeist
3. Salem's Lot
4. The Funhouse

I also enjoyed "Crocodile" somewhat, and I actually liked the remake of "The Toolbox Murders"....but then again, I like Angela Bettis...(I find myself strangely attracted to her for some reason...)

But he has also put out some crap too, and those would be :

1. Mortuary
2. Night Terrors
3. The Mangler - (this movie SUCKS sooooooo bad)
4. Life Force
5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

I also enjoyed his pilot episode of "Freddy's Nightmares" called "No more Mr. Nice Guy"...although it did alter some of the events of the first Nightmare on Elm Street film somewhat....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.