Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
The battle takes place on Mustafar. This is Vader before he gets injured by Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul from TPM. Maul has his double bladed lightsaber. He and Qui-Gon agree to form a truce, at least until they kill Vader. The battle starts where Obi-Wan and Vader's duel started on Mustafar.

I think this dhould be pretty close. Vader's definately the strongerest out of the three but Maul's pretty strong and possesses saber skills that arn't to far behind Vader's. Qui-Gon's pretty strong, too. Who wins?

Faunus
I don't see how Maul and Qui-Gon are going to work together very well at all, unless you have Maul retract his second blade. Even then, their styles are radically different. . . if Vader stormed through the Jedi Temple, slaughtering Knights and Padawans by the dozens, I don't see why he can't bring down these two. They're obviously unlike any duo he'd have fought before, but I doubt they'll be bringing him down. Not to mention that he defeated Cin Drallig in a duel, as was evidenced by RoDV and the DN books.

darthsith19
Maul can just use one of his blade if he chooses to.

Yeah, but other than taking on Cin and Bene at the same time do we even know that he ever took on more than one Jedi at a time (other than with the Younglings)? And I'm pretty sure Maul and Qui-Gon > Cin + Bene.

I think this might end up being Maul vs. Vader fighting on top of objects floating in the Mustafar lave river and the duel likely will not end by one of them getting stabbed but by one of them falling in the lava.

Revolver Ocelot
So this Vader is overwhelmed by grief and not thinking clearly?

If he is, they can bring him down.

If he's thinking clearly, he was good enough to "surprise kill" Dooku and presumably kick the shit out of Cin Drallig. I say he wins.

But damn, I voted the wrong thing.

Tarvos
Vader before Mustafar?

If he has a fairly clear mind, he could pull this off with relative ease. Otherwise, he'd still win, but it'd take a bit longer.

Wesker
I think Maul by himself could put up a good fight with ROTS Anakin. Throwing in Qui Gon makes this a bit... unfair.

The Disagreer
What Wesker said.

Darth Subjekt
mmmm...but TPM OB1 took Maul...it was kinda lucky..but face it, so was his win against Anakin...

Anyway, Maul was fast, but i think Anakin was faster. Plus he didn't have the rage that Vader had...I would assume that would only fuel Vader's abilities more making him more unstoppable. As long as he doesn't do any stupid jumps...I don't believe Qui-Gon could match his speed or physical power. But i know QGJ was strong, I just don't think as strong.

Vader takes this in about 15 minutes.

tdtd
Stop calling the Ob1 vs. Maul fight lucky for Ob1 because he had the upper hand in that match before Maul used the force.

Great Vengeance
http://www.starnet.aforo.com/sw/img/sw_vader.jpg

Tarvos
So now you've turned into one of those people who post random pics everywhere now, huh?

mad

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Tarvos
So now you've turned into one of those people who post random pics everywhere now, huh?

mad

It isnt random...Im demonstrating Vaders pose at mustafar after his glorius victory.

kamikz
Too bad it's before he got the suit then....

Darth Martin
IMO TPM Maul>ROTS Anakin in lightsabre combat. I mean Maul was a Sith Lord. So was Dooku but we all know weak Makashi against Anakin's ROTS Djem So. I'm not buying that Anakin was in better physical shape than Maul either. I believe Maul could take ROTS Anakin. Not sure about Obi Wan by this time though(he had exceptional defense). And Jinn's no pushover either. He kept up with Maul 1on1 and can surely keep up with Anakin with Maul by his side.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Darth Martin
IMO TPM Maul>ROTS Anakin in lightsabre combat.
vice versa

I mean Maul was a Sith Lord. So was Dooku but we all know weak Makashi against Anakin's ROTS Djem So.
So what? If djem so alone could beat makashi then why was anakin as of AOTC getting tooled by dooku? Because he lacks the skill.

darthsith19
I still think that this would be a really close fight, but I think the duo could likely win in the end. I'm not sure, though, and as far as Maul having better saber skills than Vader, Maul's are really good but I doubt he could take out Dooku like Anakin did, or Cin. He might be in better physical shape, though. I mean, Anakin was in incredible shape from the Clone Wars, but Maul was pushed to his limits everyday by Sidious. Everyday was like the Clone Wars for him.

S_W_LeGenD
@ darthsith19

Maul had mastered Juyo (a Saber Combat Form that is more effective than Makashi and is unpredictable) and used a double-bladed Light Saber to make his attacks even more dangerous. And additionally combined his martial prowess with his dueling skills to become a lethal fighter.

Even Dooku said that Maul was a beast.

No wonder, Anoon Bondara failed to subdue him.

So I doubt that Dooku can defeat Maul in pure Saber Combat.

And Maul will shit on Cin Dralling.

Cin is seriously over-rated.

vader11
Vader would win in a close fight imo.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by darthsith19
I still think that this would be a really close fight, but I think the duo could likely win in the end. I'm not sure, though, and as far as Maul having better saber skills than Vader,
No he does not, the fight between maul and vader when maul was using the juyo form showed they were equals, maul began to tool vader only when he changed to jar kai which in a way threw vader off balance

darthsith19
Dude, Maul only was beating mechanical Vader in a saber fight, ROTS Vader is better than OT Vader is with a lightsaber.

S_W_LeGenD, prove that Juyo is more effective in saber combat than Makashi, THE lightsaber dueling form, is. And saber form alone doesn't mean sh*t. By that logic, Maul could beat NJO Luke in a lightsaber duel.

And just cause Dooku calls Maul a beast (when was this, anyways?) doesn't mean Maul's stronger than he is. Sergio Oliva is a beast, but if Ronnie Coleman called Sergio a beast that wouldn't mean that Sergio is bigger than Ronnie is.

playa1258
Vader would crush these guys. Maul is overrated beyond belief. he was getting knocked around by Padawan Obi-wan when he got a little pissed. Vader has became the Superman of the vs forums, with people underestimating how powerful and skilled he really is.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by GahLakTus
vice versa
So what? If djem so alone could beat makashi then why was anakin as of AOTC getting tooled by dooku? Because he lacks the skill. If I'm not mistakened Anakin was using Ataru in AotC. Besides I no that Anakin was extremely skilled, but I do believe Dooku>both Anakin and Obi Wan under normal circumstances. What if it had been vice versa Anakin getting choked and throwed and knocked out and Kenobi just kicked. Look at it that way. There's no way Anakin 3 years can surpass the skill of an 80 year old supreme master. It was pure RAW power. Call it in "teh zone" if you like. Besides I don't believe Anakin Djem So would pound Maul like it did Dooku. Dooku was in his 80's. Maul is in his prime and is a Sith Lord. He sparred with Sidious, so it's not like Anakin outclasses Maul saber-wise, besides he was beat by Kenobi.

Count Makashi
No, the novel, movie, George Lucas, Sidious... make it clear, that Anakin is better then Dooku and Anakin didn't win just because of raw power, but because of the combination of speed, power, skill, technique... Now, Dooku is a better swordsman then Maul and maybe Maul wouldn't lose as badly as Dooku did(i personally believe he would) but he would lose nevertheless. Anakin is just so good.

Now to the point of this thread-

I think Anakin in proper state of mind could pull it off, like i said, his combat prowess are astonishing.

Darth Martin
Qui Gon is ****ed, we all know this. But Maul would be a good match for Anakin.

GahLakTus
If I'm not mistakened Anakin was using Ataru in AotC. Besides I no that Anakin was extremely skilled, but I do believe Dooku>both Anakin and Obi Wan under normal circumstances.
Actually according to the ROTS novel, anakins skil made dookus knowledge of the force a joke

Blax_Hydralisk
Vader force rapes them both. A quick neck crush to Maul, and then from it's simply a matter of outsaber'ing Qui-Gon.

I also think that Vader's variant of Djem/So would be particularly devastating against Maul's saberstaff.

GahLakTus
Actually in the vader vs maul comic they were evenly matched, until maul changed to jar kai when vader snapped mauls saber into two pieces, that was when vader was getting owned.

He might have to pin down qui gon before he can face maul, if not vader would get beaten seeing he is already having a hard time killing maul alone, so its likely he will kill quigon quickly then proceed to fight maul.

Blax_Hydralisk
Like I said, a quick force rape to Maul's throat and then he can handle Qui-Gon.

And yeah I remember that part in the comic book..but realistically speaking, Vader hammering away on one side of Maul's double saber would make things difficult for Maul. he doesn't have the leverage needed to keep Vader from simply forcing his way through his defenses.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Like I said, a quick force rape to Maul's throat and then he can handle Qui-Gon.

And yeah I remember that part in the comic book..but realistically speaking, Vader hammering away on one side of Maul's double saber would make things difficult for Maul. he doesn't have the leverage needed to keep Vader from simply forcing his way through his defenses.

You are talking about OT Vader right?
Then why didn't he quick Force rape him in the comic, if he can do it easily as you say.
And i don't think, Vader can hammer away one side of Mauls lightsaber easily as you say, he has to set it up, to do it.

Now if you were talking about ROTS Vader, i would agree with you(except for the choking part), but OT Vader doesn't pwn Maul like you are implying, he wins, but far from easy.

Darth Martin
ROTS Vader isn't all powerful in the force, he's just very skilled with a lightsaber. He couldn't overpower Kenobi with his force push and Dooku' force mastery dwarfs Anakin's as of ROTS.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Count Makashi
You are talking about OT Vader right?
Then why didn't he quick Force rape him in the comic, if he can do it easily as you say.
And i don't think, Vader can hammer away one side of Mauls lightsaber easily as you say, he has to set it up, to do it.

Now if you were talking about ROTS Vader, i would agree with you(except for the choking part), but OT Vader doesn't pwn Maul like you are implying, he wins, but far from easy.

He didn't do it to him in the comic because its not canon and if he did the comic would be way too short. PIS, essentially. And he doesn' t need to "hammer away", Vaders regular odl strikes would be hard to block with a saberstaff.

Darth Martin
Yea even Anakin's pretty strong considering what he did to Assaj in CW series. That's RAW power not force mastery.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He didn't do it to him in the comic because its not canon and if he did the comic would be way too short. PIS, essentially. And he doesn' t need to "hammer away", Vaders regular odl strikes would be hard to block with a saberstaff.

It is cannon and that's a poor argument(no offense, i don't mean to insult, but that's just ridiculous, i could easily say that Dooku lost to Anakin, only because GL wrote so, to get the movie going forward), because in-universe, Vader couldn't defeat Maul quickly.

Darth Martin
If this is OT Vader he takes it. But I think this is Mustafar Vader then he should lose.

darthsith19
If this is OT Vader he takes it. But I think this is Mustafar Vader then he should lose.
This is supposed to be ROTS Vader, some people just started talking about OT Vader.

Darth Martin
Oh will in that case Maul is near Anakin's level in terms of lightsaber combat if not higher and Jinn's no pushover but here he won't last long against Anakin by himself.

Bobafett34
vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.