Most Disappointing Album

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
What album or albums was most disappointing to you? Not necessarily the worst album you ever heard, but the one that you had high hopes for and was terrible.

Imaginary
I have a feeling With Teeth is going to be mentioned.

Victor Von Doom
With Teeth doesn't qualify for me, because as RedAlert said, although it was very poor, I personally expected it to be. Everyone else seemed to be kneeling in hope of the Second Coming, with little precedent providing a reason to do so.

jaden101
i thought the strokes "room on fire" was pretty disappointing...they more than made up for it with first impressions of earth though

didn't think much of jesse malin's second album...the heat...his first album "the fine art of self destruction" was great

SnakeEyes
I would have to say that when I listened to Sum 41's most recent album, "Chuck" I was pretty disappointed. Now I know they're not the best band in the world, but they usually produce some catchy/fun-to-listen to stuff. I just didn't feel that with the newest album. Meh.

RedAlertv2
Northstars "Pollyanna" was great, so I assumed their second album would be too and I bought it

no

StinkFist462
With Teeth

Etrigan
Mezmerize. I preferred their older stuff, and the big change just ut me off completely.

Alpha Centauri
With Teeth for me, very disappointing.

-AC

Valharu
Metallicas ST Anger. Almost killed me listening to it.

chops
Hypnotise by system of a don

Eternal Turmoil
Hear Say: Pure and Simple ...

I was only like 7 when I bought it, but what a waste of money no

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Valharu
Metallicas ST Anger. Almost killed me listening to it.

Did it, really?

-AC

*Georgina_A*
Originally posted by Eternal Turmoil
Hear Say: Pure and Simple ...

I was only like 7 when I bought it, but what a waste of money no

I loved that album at the time embarrasment

-hh-
Ras Kass- Rasassination

erm after listening to 'Soul on Ice', i was sure this would be as great. And i was completley wrong. There are some great songs such as 'Conceited Bastard', 'Interview with a Vampire', 'H20 Proof', and 'Rasassination'...but the rest of the album doesn't follow erm

3.5/5 <----and im being very generous

dani_california
American Idiot

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by dani_california
American Idiot

Why?

dirk
Metallica - St Anger - repetitive songs, sounding uninspired, and no guitar solos. I've never heard something as bad as this and so disappointing for a band as big as Metallica.

Nevermind
Most recently for me is SMiLE. I got Pet Sounds before hand and it was fantastic. So naturally, after hearing so much good news about SMiLE I decided to get - very disappointing. However, it's starting to grow on me.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Nevermind
Most recently for me is SMiLE. I got Pet Sounds before hand and it was fantastic. So naturally, after hearing so much good news about SMiLE I decided to get - very disappointing. However, it's starting to grow on me.

I think Smile is excellent.

MetallicaT
st.anger sad ...have worse albums been released by other bands? yes...but because of how much i love metallica, it was the most disappointing to me

knight
The Kinks - UK Jive

Ray Davies had probably just updated KonK Studios and thought that he would use this album as his Lab Rat. There are only about four songs on UK Jive that are any good, the rest are way too over produced and not of Kinks standards.

During the mixdown sessions there was trouble between
Ray Davies and Dave Davies. As far as Dave's version goes, Ray had made changes to one of Dave's songs by editing some guitar parts out. When Dave caught wind of this he confronted Ray on the roof top Konk. It got a bit ugly...

Impediment
Any album from Korn after "Follow the Leader", and any Metallica album after "....And Justice for all."

dani_california
American idiot wasn't a bad album it just wasn't the Greenday we know and love.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, it was exactly the same band.

They just weren't making the same album as they did before. Shocker, I know.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.