The Bible Codes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Disagreer
The Bible Codes of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Do they prove that the bible was written by the inspiration of God? Are current events that are encoded in the Old Testament proof of a living and omnipresent God?

big gay kirk
probably not.... sorry.....

Gregory
No.

debbiejo
I saw an interesting program about the Bible Codes in the Torah.....Really makes you wonder, though I heard that the same could be done with any book. The interesting thing about Hebrew letters is that they have more than one meaning.

Mindship
"Inspired by God" leaves a lot of room for interpretation...as does the Bible itself. As I once posted, the Bible is like a Rorschach Test: you can likely see in it pretty much whatever you want...and if it was written That Way on purpose, well, that's pretty inspiring in its own right.

Punker69
Originally posted by Mindship
"Inspired by God" leaves a lot of room for interpretation...as does the Bible itself. As I once posted, the Bible is like a Rorschach Test: you can likely see in it pretty much whatever you want...and if it was written That Way on purpose, well, that's pretty inspiring in its own right.

Thats not true. Sure you can see different scriptures in different ways to apply them to your life but when it all comes down it when something is written it was written for a specific purpose inspired by God to get a message out to his people. They have one meaning.

Gregory
In fact, the same has been done with another book. Namely, Moby Dick.

Mindship
Originally posted by Punker69
...but when it all comes down it when something is written it was written for a specific purpose inspired by God to get a message out to his people. They have one meaning.

There can be many layers to something that is written, and depending on what one is looking for, one will see some layers and not others. Yet for all its depth and artistry, yes, the Book is ultimately about Man and God.

Storm
Originally posted by Punker69
Thats not true. Sure you can see different scriptures in different ways to apply them to your life but when it all comes down it when something is written it was written for a specific purpose inspired by God to get a message out to his people. They have one meaning.
What one person needs in one situation may be radically different from what another person needs at another time and place. What would be problematic for god is to utter the same set of teachings without regard to circumstance. Writers understood that they were in a relationship with a living god who was responding to their own, very unique circumstances. God' s response to a different set of people facing different circumstances, would be different.

Blue nocturne
I personally think the bible codes are load of bs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.