Galactus runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Galactus runs the gauntlet with two hours of rest between each battle. Where does he stop? This is Galactus 80% full power.

1) Genis-Vell
2) Zeus in Olympus
3) Odin in Asgard
4) Classic Beyonder
5) Thanos w/Cosmic Cube
6) Parallax
7) Phoenix
8) Living Tribunal

batdude123
He'd get to eight and then die.

Wally West
He gets to the Beyonder pirate

The Fake Macoy
Classic Beyonder? Isn't Classic Beyonder higher than eternity (or so Secret Wars II suggests)? Galactus stops at 4.

CaptainStoic
4) Classic Beyonder.

Thanos_6383
4 sounds about right

Tshern
Only way Galactus would get past Beyonder is one helluva surprise attack and I wouldn't count on that either...

Jesse7
Beyonder handled Galactus like an insect in secret wars.

Sixth_Winged
4, he should be the amongst last three on the gauntlet considering he's the easily one of the most powerful.

samishe
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
4, he should be the amongst last three on the gauntlet considering he's the easily one of the most powerful.

How do you make your signiture move and talk?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by samishe
How do you make your signiture move and talk?

I used MVC2 Sprites (cyke and logan), word balloons i got from somethingawful.com and use Adobe ImageReady to create an animation from those smile. Basicall, there is about 5 frames in my sig to be exact that i alternated with delay for best results.

samishe
I used MVC2 Sprites (cyke and logan), word balloons i got from somethingawful.com and use Adobe ImageReady to create an animation from those smile. Basicall, there is about 5 frames in my sig to be exact that i alternated with delay for best results.

Thats awsome! Can you make me one with Venom eating brains? big grin

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by samishe
Thats awsome! Can you make me one with Venom eating brains? big grin

well i could but only if there is such an existing picture(if you had like an identical panels of him doing so; 1 frame for him setting his teeth in, and then the next already chomping on it, then the last would him removing his teeth or something) that would be an awesome cool sig if i only find the proper pics to animate so if you got one, just send it to me and i'll try my best....... stick out tongue

samishe
well i could but only if there is such an existing picture(if you had like an identical panels of him doing so; 1 frame for him setting his teeth in, and then the next already chomping on it, then the last would him removing his teeth or something) that would be an awesome cool sig if i only find the proper pics to animate so if you got one, just send it to me and i'll try my best....... stick out tongue

Thanks, i'll search for pics.

AJ4LIFE
i want one of hercules fighting batman please

guy222
galactus vs odin b nice coming up

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
galactus vs odin b nice coming up

Yeah the long awaited fight smile

As for the thread, Galactus gets to four.

Bentley
This guantlet is not in order.

leonidas
Originally posted by Utrigita

where's this gonna happen, ut?

Utrigita
Originally posted by leonidas
where's this gonna happen, ut?

If I understand Guy correct then in a not so far away Thor comic (can't recall the issue), the Silver Surfer and Galactus will attempt to consume Asgard, in that fight the Silver Surfer should (notice should) square off against Thor and Galactus against Odin, atleast that is how I have understood it.

Black bolt z
Could someone explain to be why classic beyonder isn't at the top of the list?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Could someone explain to be why classic beyonder isn't at the top of the list?

Because then Galactus would stop at one? stick out tongue

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Bentley
This guantlet is not in order.

Have you ever seen a gauntlet here in order?

Makes it to 4.

Uriel005
bad order beyonder should be right below LT before retcon to half a cosmic cube.

zopzop
Before Retcon he was ABOVE the LT and every other power in the muliverse.........COMBINED.

Having said that, he dies at Odin in Asgard. Odinforce + Asgard Amp + Destroyer Armor and it's over for Galactus.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
Before Retcon he was ABOVE the LT and every other power in the muliverse.........COMBINED.

Having said that, he dies at Odin in Asgard. Odinforce + Asgard Amp + Destroyer Armor and it's over for Galactus. You still have yet to prove this. I mean a celestial stomped him.

zopzop
Eight Celestials stomped him. EIGHT.

Now when has Galactus stomped ONE Celestial?

Black bolt z

Now when has Galactus stomped ONE Celestial? When did I ever claim he did?

TheLordofMurder
This gauntlet is bogus...

Classic Beyonder would solo Galactus and everyone else on this list combined...

Utrigita

Now when has Galactus stomped ONE Celestial?

and there would have been a difference with one celestial why?

zopzop
and there would have been a difference with one celestial why?

Believe it or not, I agree with you. One or eight it would have made very little difference in the long run since the Destroyer couldn't even damage them (all damage done was cosmetic).

But being gang raped by 8 Celestials isn't exactly a low showing. What would Galactus have done? He would have died just the same.

Utrigita
Believe it or not, I agree with you. One or eight it would have made very little difference in the long run since the Destroyer couldn't even damage them (all damage done was cosmetic).

But being gang raped by 8 Celestials isn't exactly a low showing. What would Galactus have done? He would have died just the same.

Atleast Galactus when he actually confronted the Celestials, granted in alternate reality, actually managed to destroy the shell of 3 celestials with his own power. That is a bit better then what Odin in the destroyer armor accomplished.

zopzop
Atleast Galactus when he actually confronted the Celestials, granted in alternate reality, actually managed to destroy the shell of 3 celestials with his own power. That is a bit better then what Odin in the destroyer armor accomplished.

Universe/Earth/Mutant X reality? That was Franklin Richards and those were some ghetto Celestials. I mean their shell was Vibranium!

Utrigita
Universe/Earth/Mutant X reality? That was Franklin Richards and those were some ghetto Celestials. I mean their shell was Vibranium!

The Franklin Richards that because he believed he Galactus thus became Galactus and displayed a level of power that the Celestials in that reality didn't find strange at all, which makes it fairly simple to deduce that the powerlevel he was operating on was similar to the "real" Galactus. Add that to the fact that Galactus from the 616 is the strongest of the Alternate Galactus (atleast until the Galactus engine was portrayed, where Galactus btw was the last guy standing and that includes 5(?) Celestials) that still leaves a Galactus that would at a minimum be capable of taking out one Celestial, the Destroyer didn't take out a single one.

I don't recall that was stated at all, but I do recall Arishem oneshotting the Asgardians when they attacked the host.

Edit: The only thing I recall about Vibranium is the device Reed uses in the end.

zopzop
The Franklin Richards that because he believed he Galactus thus became Galactus and displayed a level of power that the Celestials in that reality didn't find strange at all, which makes it fairly simple to deduce that the powerlevel he was operating on was similar to the "real" Galactus. Add that to the fact that Galactus from the 616 is the strongest of the Alternate Galactus (atleast until the Galactus engine was portrayed, where Galactus btw was the last guy standing and that includes 5(?) Celestials) that still leaves a Galactus that would at a minimum be capable of taking out one Celestial, the Destroyer didn't take out a single one.

Franklin Richards >>>>>>>>>>>Galactus of any reality. Hell in 616 when the In-betweener was running wild a CHILD version of Franklin stated he could hurt the IB if he didn't have the mental blocks on his powers. This is Franklin at 6 or 7 years old.

The Franklin in Universe/Mutant/Earth X was a full grown adult. His power would DWARF Galactus'. Case in point being, it was Franklin that made those ghetto version of the Celestials run off not Galactus. Galactus was DEAD.

Galactus isn't in Franklin's league, at all.

Utrigita
Franklin Richards >>>>>>>>>>>Galactus of any reality. Hell in 616 when the In-betweener was running wild a CHILD version of Franklin stated he could hurt the IB if he didn't have the mental blocks on his powers. This is Franklin at 6 or 7 years old.

The Franklin in Universe/Mutant/Earth X was a full grown adult. His power would DWARF Galactus'. Case in point being, it was Franklin that made those ghetto version of the Celestials run off not Galactus. Galactus was DEAD.

Galactus isn't in Franklin's league, at all.

No, as clearly shown in the alternate reality, and yes Franklin stated that he could hurt IB, but 1. we don't know if he actually could. 2. Galactus managed to hurt the IB as well. 3. Hurt is relative, I throw a punch that will hurt my opponent but he might remain standing, or I can do a mawashe geri to the face and knock him out cold. Both attacks would hurt my opponent, but the force of each attack is different thus the damage inflicted is different, and lets not forget that even though Franklin has a great power (according to Ashema on their level) but his durability is nothing (as far as I can tell) beyond that of a normal human. But to stay on the statement by Ashema, that would place Franklin in power, around the Celestials, the same Celestials that Galactus fought along side in TI and notice that Galactus as far as we were told was the only one to confront the Galactus engine, the others had withdrawn.

No it wouldn't, it's make quite clear from my perspective in the story that the reason as to why Franklin becomes Galactus is because he thinks he is Galactus, and as a result he gains the powers and abilities of Galactus, that is what enables him to defeat the Celestials and why the Celestials in the first place choosed to alter the mind of the Gods (advanced mutants) on Earth X in order to prevent that they would evolve like Franklin did. Yet for the thousands of years before Franklin became Galactus, Galactus was doing the job, and the Celestials when they encountered Franklin didn't suspect that anything was wrong. That is something that would only be possible if Galactus (Franklin) was operating on the same level as Galactus (Galan).

It's the other way around, If Franklin was so powerful as you claim why didn't he enter the Negative Zone and perform a blast ala Galactus? Maybe because he couldn't? Kom ud af din bobbel.

DarkOdin

I don't recall that was stated at all, but I do recall Arishem oneshotting the Asgardians when they attacked the host.

Edit: The only thing I recall about Vibranium is the device Reed uses in the end. At the time the celestrial fought odin they we on top of the cosmic food chain. Galactus was below them at the time. Also the Celestrial that fought the engine were not even close to the fourth host in terms of power. And the Galactus engien was not stronger then Big G it couldn't die so eventually it would wear out the abtracts

Utrigita
Originally posted by DarkOdin
At the time the celestrial fought odin they we on top of the cosmic food chain. Galactus was below them at the time. Also the Celestrial that fought the engine were not even close to the fourth host in terms of power. And the Galactus engien was not stronger then Big G it couldn't die so eventually it would wear out the abtracts

Have I denied that? Nope. Is that still the case concerning Galactus and the Celestials? I highly doubt it.

And no 15 Celestials is certainly one weak cocktail... The universe is at stake, if the Celestials acted like the did the last time things was getting hot (Maelstrom incident in particular) they won't be sending the crap.

The Galactus Engine in it's initial attacks managed to destroy the M-body of Aegis, then it proceeded to rip through the alien defences while forcing the Abstracts on retreat. Everything seems to point to the contrary concerning it's powerlevel, unless you think that Galactus alone could have held his ground against 15 Celestials + Tenebrous and Aegis.

zopzop
Have I denied that? Nope. Is that still the case concerning Galactus and the Celestials? I highly doubt it.

And no 15 Celestials is certainly one weak cocktail... The universe is at stake, if the Celestials acted like the did the last time things was getting hot (Maelstrom incident in particular) they won't be sending the crap.

The Galactus Engine in it's initial attacks managed to destroy the M-body of Aegis, then it proceeded to rip through the alien defences while forcing the Abstracts on retreat. Everything seems to point to the contrary concerning it's powerlevel, unless you think that Galactus alone could have held his ground against 15 Celestials + Tenebrous and Aegis.

Why add all that. Teneberous and Aegis OWNED Galactus. They don't need help from 15 Celestials.

zopzop
No, as clearly shown in the alternate reality, and yes Franklin stated that he could hurt IB, but 1. we don't know if he actually could. 2. Galactus managed to hurt the IB as well. 3. Hurt is relative, I throw a punch that will hurt my opponent but he might remain standing, or I can do a mawashe geri to the face and knock him out cold. Both attacks would hurt my opponent, but the force of each attack is different thus the damage inflicted is different, and lets not forget that even though Franklin has a great power (according to Ashema on their level) but his durability is nothing (as far as I can tell) beyond that of a normal human. But to stay on the statement by Ashema, that would place Franklin in power, around the Celestials, the same Celestials that Galactus fought along side in TI and notice that Galactus as far as we were told was the only one to confront the Galactus engine, the others had withdrawn.

No it wouldn't, it's make quite clear from my perspective in the story that the reason as to why Franklin becomes Galactus is because he thinks he is Galactus, and as a result he gains the powers and abilities of Galactus, that is what enables him to defeat the Celestials and why the Celestials in the first place choosed to alter the mind of the Gods (advanced mutants) on Earth X in order to prevent that they would evolve like Franklin did. Yet for the thousands of years before Franklin became Galactus, Galactus was doing the job, and the Celestials when they encountered Franklin didn't suspect that anything was wrong. That is something that would only be possible if Galactus (Franklin) was operating on the same level as Galactus (Galan).

It's the other way around, If Franklin was so powerful as you claim why didn't he enter the Negative Zone and perform a blast ala Galactus? Maybe because he couldn't? Kom ud af din bobbel.

A) It was an alternate reality. Those Celestials had ghetto Vibranium shells and reproduced by laying Celestial eggs in a planets core. Nothing like 616 Celestials.

B) Galactus isn't in the same league power wise with Franklin. Franklin was SEVEN or so years old at the time of the Galactus/IB fight. Galactus "hurt" the IB but the IB was about to beat his ass till Surfer/Nova/Elders interfered.

TheTyrant
There you with the In-Betweener fight again.

How about you address this properly?

Originally posted by galactusischere
The In-Betweener couldn't even defeat a weakened Galactus who had just come out of a coma in Silver Surfer volume 3. In fact, Galactus essentially won that fight due to his heralds who are actually extensions of his Power Cosmic. Hell, In-Betweener had trouble dealing with only one of Galactus' punisher robots. lol.
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/punisherrobot1.jpg/
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/punisherrobot2.jpg/

The In-Betweener would be one-shotted by a fed Galactus. Galactus has got the better feats, the better showings, and has actually made Thanos beg for mercy. The In-Betweener had his gem stolen from him when he confronted Thanos. He's weak sauce.

TheTyrant
And no to Franklin being more powerful than Galactus. He and his sister had to burn out their powers just to 'resurrect' Galactus in the Abraxas saga. Franklin's weak sauce too.

Colossus-Big C
Could someone explain to be why classic beyonder isn't at the top of the list? because all his feats were retcon

zopzop
Originally posted by TheTyrant
There you with the In-Betweener fight again.

How about you address this properly?

The IB didn't have 'trouble' with the robot. At that time that's how he fought. Analyzed the being then destroyed it by summoning it's opposite.

"Fed" Galactus would have his ass handed to him by the IB just the same. Soon or later, he'd get hungry again and that's the end of him. There's no way in hell he's one shotting someone who made Death his bxxch.

Genius, the freaking IB was in a place where his powers DIDN'T work! That was his punishment for trying to wreck things and ignore the will of his creators : Order/Chaos. Thanos would have been crushed by the IB.

zopzop
And no to Franklin being more powerful than Galactus. He and his sister had to burn out their powers just to 'resurrect' Galactus in the Abraxas saga. Franklin's weak sauce too.

CHILDREN rezzed Galactus. CHILDREN! At full potential Franklin would sneeze and Galactus would be nothing but a memory.

guy222
in a recent ff story, galactus feared a confrontation with franklin

franklin isn't weak

very very powerful

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
because all his feats were retcon You don't get the concept of classic vs. current do you? He'd still shitstomp everything on this list

Utrigita
Why add all that. Teneberous and Aegis OWNED Galactus. They don't need help from 15 Celestials.

Because DarkOdin presented the idea that Galactus from the 616 reality was stronger, I merely asked if he really thought Galactus would stand a chance if we changed the combatents a bit around.

And yes Tenebrous and Aegis defeated a Unprepared and caught off guard Galactus, with Galactus and Tenebrous matching each other. That was hardly owning anything.

Utrigita
A) It was an alternate reality. Those Celestials had ghetto Vibranium shells and reproduced by laying Celestial eggs in a planets core. Nothing like 616 Celestials.

B) Galactus isn't in the same league power wise with Franklin. Franklin was SEVEN or so years old at the time of the Galactus/IB fight. Galactus "hurt" the IB but the IB was about to beat his ass till Surfer/Nova/Elders interfered.

Again where was it stated? And even if that was the case it would have made it significantly easier for the heroes to do anything about the Celestials, but they still failed.

Franklin that is said, no matter how you try to spin it, to rival a Celestial in power, we have a confirmation from a Celestial regarding that. Galactus, imo, at the very least operate on a level of a Celestial.

Oh you mean the IB had to draw a weakened Galactus into a black hole in order to gain a significant advantage over him, Galactus that is said to blow up Black holes if he enters them, a small mistake on the writers part that the battle was even fought there.

So now it's Galactus that "hurt" the IB even though we actually have on panel confirmation that the IB was bleeding from Galactus attacks, and it was Franklin that could hurt the IB even though all we have is a seven year old child statement. So now the statement means more then what actually happened on panel...

CHILDREN rezzed Galactus. CHILDREN! At full potential Franklin would sneeze and Galactus would be nothing but a memory.

Franklin and Valerie reconstructed Galactus, some difference from bringing him back from the dead (which Galactus btw is fully capable of doing himself, why do you think they had to use the energy converter on him in the first place?) And lets recall the context. Franklin and Valerie burned away all their power in the process.

Bouboumaster
Galactus wins against anyone who isn't LT and Pre-Retcon Beyounder. But he'd stomp a post-retcon beyounder.

Uriel005
Again where was it stated? And even if that was the case it would have made it significantly easier for the heroes to do anything about the Celestials, but they still failed.

Franklin that is said, no matter how you try to spin it, to rival a Celestial in power, we have a confirmation from a Celestial regarding that. Galactus, imo, at the very least operate on a level of a Celestial.

Oh you mean the IB had to draw a weakened Galactus into a black hole in order to gain a significant advantage over him, Galactus that is said to blow up Black holes if he enters them, a small mistake on the writers part that the battle was even fought there.

So now it's Galactus that "hurt" the IB even though we actually have on panel confirmation that the IB was bleeding from Galactus attacks, and it was Franklin that could hurt the IB even though all we have is a seven year old child statement. So now the statement means more then what actually happened on panel...

Franklin and Valerie reconstructed Galactus, some difference from bringing him back from the dead (which Galactus btw is fully capable of doing himself, why do you think they had to use the energy converter on him in the first place?) And lets recall the context. Franklin and Valerie burned away all their power in the process. I thought blocks were still on Franklin which is why he burned out. Feel free to correct I could be remembering wrong.

zopzop
Because DarkOdin presented the idea that Galactus from the 616 reality was stronger, I merely asked if he really thought Galactus would stand a chance if we changed the combatents a bit around.

And yes Tenebrous and Aegis defeated a Unprepared and caught off guard Galactus, with Galactus and Tenebrous matching each other. That was hardly owning anything.

Teneberous and Galactus were going toe to toe and Galactus was all busted up.

Then Aegis jumps in and it's lights out Galactus. It didn't look like Teneberous needed help at all. As the fight progressed Galactus would weaken like he usually does and then he'd die.

zopzop

BS and you know it. Otherwise he'd never get humiliated the way he does consistently. When Tiamut awoke from it's slumber Galactus was many lightyears away yet he trembled in fear. He acted in shock when Thanos with the HotI blew a Celestial up (keep that in mind when you consider how many times Galactus has been killed).

Those Celesitals weren't anything like 616 Celestials and Galactus is no adult Franklin. Not by a longshot.

The IB was stalemating Galactus in Galactus' homeplane! As the battle drew closer to the black hole, Galactus knew the jig was up. The Elders and Heralds saved his ass. It was basically IB vs Galactus, All the Elders, and two of Galactus' heralds. And this was after he made Death do his bidding against her will! Not bad.

And of course he'd bleed. He represents ALL dichotomies among them god/man.

Two CHILDREN, not at their full potential, resurrect the universal jobber but burn themselves out in the process. That's a good showing for them and yet another humiliating showing for Galactus.

They literally plucked him, by force, from Eternity/Infinity.

Utrigita
BS and you know it. Otherwise he'd never get humiliated the way he does consistently. When Tiamut awoke from it's slumber Galactus was many lightyears away yet he trembled in fear. He acted in shock when Thanos with the HotI blew a Celestial up (keep that in mind when you consider how many times Galactus has been killed).

Those Celesitals weren't anything like 616 Celestials and Galactus is no adult Franklin. Not by a longshot.

Vibranium scan? still waiting. When Tiamut awoke he said that at his current powerlevel he could destroy the majority of our Solar system, Galactus on his dead bed wiped clean a galaxy (atleast three solar systems destroyed on panel) that is one major difference. Galactus wasn't trembling in fear, stop trying to take things out of their given context, Galactus remembered what it was to be afraid that is also I difference. I find it rather funny that you call PIS on the opposite but doesn't, at all, find it strange that Galactus, who has engaged far more powerful beings then the weakened dreaming Celestial, was "trembling" in fear. I will, Galactus have been killed once by Magus with five cosmic cubes and then turned into energy, if there are other times where Galactus have died please enlighten me. What Franklin is and isn't is of no concern in the given story. The Celestials encounter a being that can defeat them, they don't find that Odd, the only logical explanation to why the Celestials doesn't find it strange is because that is a powerlevel they are used to seeing Galactus from their universe operating on.

The IB was stalemating Galactus in Galactus' homeplane! As the battle drew closer to the black hole, Galactus knew the jig was up. The Elders and Heralds saved his ass. It was basically IB vs Galactus, All the Elders, and two of Galactus' heralds. And this was after he made Death do his bidding against her will! Not bad.

And of course he'd bleed. He represents ALL dichotomies among them god/man.

Galactus got IIRC far more punches and attacks in then IB and please remember that the IB only managed to get a upper hand when a weakened Galactus was placed where IB was at his absolute strongest. I'm sorry, why is it impressive that this is after he summoned the opposite of the elders (naturally Death)? I thought you said the IB would always win because he unlike Galactus didn't lose power...

That didn't in any way address my question, is the believing to have the power to be capable of hurting someone a greater showing then actually doing it? In your opinion that is obviously the case.

Two CHILDREN, not at their full potential, resurrect the universal jobber but burn themselves out in the process. That's a good showing for them and yet another humiliating showing for Galactus.

They literally plucked him, by force, from Eternity/Infinity.

Franklin and Valerie reconstructed Galactus, there is one major difference between reconstruction something and then resurrecting something. How exactly is it a humiliating showing for Galactus? The way he was converted into energy was done with the exact purpose to prevent him from reviving himself as all knew he could if he gained enough time, please give me the slightest indication of Franklin having the power to ressurrect himself when killed.

No they didn't, they called him back unless Franklin now suddenly has grown more powerful then Eternity and Infinity (that iirc defeated a incomplete IG) combined...

Utrigita
Teneberous and Galactus were going toe to toe and Galactus was all busted up.

Then Aegis jumps in and it's lights out Galactus. It didn't look like Teneberous needed help at all. As the fight progressed Galactus would weaken like he usually does and then he'd die.

Tenebrous didn't look like he was having a easy glide either, and that doesn't change the fact that in the battle Galactus was "caught offguard and unprepared", neither does it change anything concerning the question I addressed to DarkOdin.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Uriel005
I thought blocks were still on Franklin which is why he burned out. Feel free to correct I could be remembering wrong.

IIRC the blocks didn't play a role in Franklin burning out (atleast I don't recall anything mentioned regarding the blocks), Franklin (along with Valerie) simply ran out of power reconstructing Galactus. I recall it being said that as a result of the multiverse being reset Franklin had his power restored, but locked away under the blocks.

zopzop
Vibranium scan? still waiting. When Tiamut awoke he said that at his current powerlevel he could destroy the majority of our Solar system, Galactus on his dead bed wiped clean a galaxy (atleast three solar systems destroyed on panel) that is one major difference. Galactus wasn't trembling in fear, stop trying to take things out of their given context, Galactus remembered what it was to be afraid that is also I difference. I find it rather funny that you call PIS on the opposite but doesn't, at all, find it strange that Galactus, who has engaged far more powerful beings then the weakened dreaming Celestial, was "trembling" in fear. I will, Galactus have been killed once by Magus with five cosmic cubes and then turned into energy, if there are other times where Galactus have died please enlighten me. What Franklin is and isn't is of no concern in the given story. The Celestials encounter a being that can defeat them, they don't find that Odd, the only logical explanation to why the Celestials doesn't find it strange is because that is a powerlevel they are used to seeing Galactus from their universe operating on.

You want a scan stating that the Celestials of Universe/Earth/Mutant X were encased in Vibranium and reproduced by using eggs deposited in the planets core?

Numerous Galacti were killed by Abraxus. Galactus was near death when he tried to eat the Elders and needed Order/Chaos to save him. Galactus was also near death on Earth a while back and was saved by Reed. It's happened more times than this too. But I can't recall them all.

I don't find it odd because a) it's an alternate reality where Galactus wasn't Galactus, b) the Celestials were NOTHING like 616 Celestials and c) that was an ADULT Franklin.

And face it, on panel, even though he was light years away he knew fear.

The IB/Galactus fight took place in 616 universe, Galactus' homeplane! The fight never made it to the black hole without the Elders/Heralds stepping in and messing things up.

The IB doesn't lose power. They were sucked back into the Magic Universe where Order/Chaos, his masters, beat him.

Dude Death isn't the opposite of the Elders. Death had a deal with them and IB summoned her and FORCED her to take them.

Check the Days of Future Present storyline. His body is destroyed by a sentinel, he travels back from an alternate future to 616 reality, reconstructs himself and wrecks havoc.

It's humiliating because yet again Galactus has to be saved by someone, in this case CHILDREN not even at their full potential.

Bouboumaster
Utrigita is kicking ass

zopzop
PS here's the Vibranium scan. Notice other differences between 616 and the Earth/Universe/Mutant X Celestials.

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/a/a6/Celestials_%28Earth-9997%29.jpg

Utrigita
You want a scan stating that the Celestials of Universe/Earth/Mutant X were encased in Vibranium and reproduced by using eggs deposited in the planets core?

No only the Vibranium part since I don't recall it, granted it's been years since I read it, on a side note, isn't Vibranium what makes up the majority of Captain America's shield? If that is the case I'll hardly call it weak, since iirc, it's from Vibranium that you create Adamantium.

Numerous Galacti were killed by Abraxus. Galactus was near death when he tried to eat the Elders and needed Order/Chaos to save him. Galactus was also near death on Earth a while back and was saved by Reed. It's happened more times than this too. But I can't recall them all.

Oh so we isn't restricting it too 616 Galactus my bad. He actually succeeded in eating the elders (rather easily I might add) he just hadn't counted on them reforming inside (lol) his stomach. You mean the time where Galactus suddenly choosed (like he always does on earth for some strange reason) to employ his elementary converter while he was weakened as a result of Terrax meddling, yes that doesn't stink to high heaven of PIS... So Galactus have been close to death, but the question was how many times Galactus have died and of those you listed not a single one means that Galactus died as a result. So we are back at the Magus incident and the Abraxas Saga, please refresh my memory beyond those two times.

I don't find it odd because a) it's an alternate reality where Galactus wasn't Galactus, b) the Celestials were NOTHING like 616 Celestials and c) that was an ADULT Franklin.

A Alternate Universe where it was stated that the Celestials was afraid of the mutants because when the mutants evolve they would become a threat to the Celestials (hence why the mindlocked the "gods"wink. Franklin is a prime example of that fear because, by believing he was Galactus he became Galactus. It's really that simple, and I stress again, did the Celestials react differently to the Franklin Galactus then they else would have? No. Why? Because that Franklin Galactus displayed exactly the same powers and abilities as the real Galactus, which means that the Celestials is familiar with Galactus having the power to defeat them in combat, I'll mention it again, before Franklin it was the real Galactus that was devouring the planets. You keep acting like Adult Franklin is God given mortal form. Lets recall on one thing shall we? Adult Franklin was iirc killed in his reality by one Omega Sentinel, would Galactus have been beaten by one Omega Sentinel?

And face it, on panel, even though he was light years away he knew fear.

I'm merely highlighting a strange occurance, which is that the awakening of the Dreaming Celestial apparently was a bigger threat then the IG etc, in which Galactus didn't show fear. And again let me highlight the actual on panel power comparison, Tiamut said that his current powerlevel weakened allowed him to still wipe out a large part of the Solar System, something Galactus on his dead bed overdid. But again I'm forgetting that the statement concerning what you can do is more important then what was done.

The IB/Galactus fight took place in 616 universe, Galactus' homeplane! The fight never made it to the black hole without the Elders/Heralds stepping in and messing things up.

Would you please point me to a place where it is stated that being in the 616 reality amplifies Galactus powerlevel? Because I don't recall such a incident at all.

The IB doesn't lose power. They were sucked back into the Magic Universe where Order/Chaos, his masters, beat him.

So why was it then important to stress that the battle between Galactus happened after the he had summoned Death?

Dude Death isn't the opposite of the Elders. Death had a deal with them and IB summoned her and FORCED her to take them.

I'm sorry, but last time I checked the elders are immortals because of that very deal Grandmaster tricked Death into making with them. A opposite of being immortal is obvious to be mortal, and the only being that could make the Elders mortal again was Death, since it was her that barred their way to her realm in the first place. If the Inbetweener is as powerful as you make him out to be, why didn't he kill the elders himself then? Fact is that he couldn't but Death their opposite could, hence his special power came into effect.

Check the Days of Future Present storyline. His body is destroyed by a sentinel, he travels back from an alternate future to 616 reality, reconstructs himself and wrecks havoc.

I don't recall him reconstructing himself, but rather that he made the trip to the present and helped the present Franklin block his powers and then going back, fathering Hyperstorm with Rachel and then dying to the omega Sentinel, but before doing so he had sent a mental projection of himself back through time that was then feasting on the energies of the present Franklin and Rachel to substain itself but realises that doing so will kill them in the long run and stops the drain thus killing himself. Anyways this point to the point I have stressed throughout the entire debate, Franklin certainly have a awesome power, but in the end his durability is nothing fantastic.

It's humiliating because yet again Galactus has to be saved by someone, in this case CHILDREN not even at their full potential.

So your now saying that the Children that is operating on a level close or equal to the Celestials are weak because they were the only one that could reconstruct Galactus, Galactus from the 616 being the only being that could stand up to Abraxas? It's if anything a good showing from Galactus that both Franklin and Valeries power combined, was required to reconstruct him, because they (Franklin and Valerie) were incapable of doing anything towards Abraxas, else why go through the problems of bringing Galactus back? Oh right PIS, sorry for stealing your comment.

Colossus-Big C
You don't get the concept of classic vs. current do you? He'd still shitstomp everything on this list he has been retcon to half a cube being no expression

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he has been retcon to half a cube being no expression Like I said you don't get it do you?

Classic Beyonder stomps everyone here.

psycho gundam
only if pre-retcon beyonder =/= classic beyonder

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
only if pre-retcon beyonder =/= classic beyonder Doesn't it?

zopzop
No only the Vibranium part since I don't recall it, granted it's been years since I read it, on a side note, isn't Vibranium what makes up the majority of Captain America's shield? If that is the case I'll hardly call it weak, since iirc, it's from Vibranium that you create Adamantium.

I provided you the Vibranium scan regarding Universe/Earth/Mutant X Celestials and how they "reproduced", they are NOTHING like 616 Celestials. Also you got confirmation that Vibranium is used to make Adamantium? Also, again, I was under the impression that Cap's shield is MAJORITY adamantium mixed with some vibranium.

He literally would have DIED in both those instances I mentioned. If it wasn't for Reed or Order/Chaos he'd have been dead..........again.

You are really, really reaching here. You have no idea if Galacuts is anything equaling adult Franklin in power.

We have no idea if ONE adult Franlink from an ALTERNATE reality had access to his full powers or not.

Maybe Galactus remembers the Dreaming Celestial using and abusing his body even while the DC was imprisoned.

It doens't amplify anything, he just had "home field advantage" as they say.

Just pointing out he made one of the Major universal abstractions his bixxh. Then went on to pummel Galactus until the Heralds/Elders interfered. And even then they didnt' beat him, his masters stepped in and stopped him.

Wow talk about reaching. It was stated on panel that he FORCED Death to take them against her will. This was confirmed later in the Thanos Quest! She is NOT their opposite, if anything she stands opposed to Eternity, just like Oblivion stands opposite to Infinity.

He survived having his body disintegrated, traveled back in time from an ALTERNATE future to 616 reality, drained power from the Phoenix avatar and his younger self and recreated for him a new body. This isn't impressive?

Dude they were still children and not at their full potential yet they still yanked him from Eternity/Infinity and saved his sorry ass. To add insult to injury, all he did was give Reed the nullifier and Reed wound up saving the day.

Uriel005
Galactus's biggest problem is that he has always been a plot device character. You need a cosmic threat, here he is gift wrapped in purple. You need a jobber to show how strong the newest cosmic threat say his name and he shall appear. Or you need a way to arbitrarily end a fight with a universal threat and he comes in guns blazing. Galactus will go from moderate-high surfer showing levels to near unstoppable forces of nature seemingly within the same issue at times. OP would need to specify exact level for me or anyone I would think to say where he makes it to on the gauntlet

zopzop
Quick question though Uriel, when has Galactus been shown as being near unstoppable?

The one time I could think of was when Tiamut altered him and he was devouring the universe but he himself would die at the end. Not really that impressive.

Uriel005
Quick question though Uriel, when has Galactus been shown as being near unstoppable?

The one time I could think of was when Tiamut altered him and he was devouring the universe but he himself would die at the end. Not really that impressive. Fantastic four first encounter.

Utrigita
I provided you the Vibranium scan regarding Universe/Earth/Mutant X Celestials and how they "reproduced", they are NOTHING like 616 Celestials. Also you got confirmation that Vibranium is used to make Adamantium? Also, again, I was under the impression that Cap's shield is MAJORITY adamantium mixed with some vibranium.

Yes you did so after I had typed in my reply, and the question never was whether or not they were like the 616 Celestials was it? The question was if Galactus from a alternate reality could defeat them, and if that Galactus stood a chance, then one of most powerful of the Galactus (taking the debate with DarkOdin into consideration) would also stand a chance. I believe it was in Captain America #303-304 that Dr. Myron MacLain tells us how he made CA shield by bonding Vibranium with Iron through unknown means and then afterwards tried to reproduce the effect only to make Adamantium. But anyways Vibranium has another interesting abilities, which is that the more energy you direct towards it the tougher it becomes, and since the Celestials in the 9997 reality is beings made of well pure energy, the armor that they wear that is made from Vibranium will be extremely tough, which again only speaks for the powerlevel that Galactus had in that reality.

He literally would have DIED in both those instances I mentioned. If it wasn't for Reed or Order/Chaos he'd have been dead..........again.

But did he? No which means that again you have two incidents that I mentioned while you failed to provide something beyond that. The question never was how many times Galactus have been close to dying, which in the end would just have meant that Galactus would reform himself, and as mentioned before; Galactus is hungry but begins to set up his elementary converter? Galactus a being of pure energy has a stomach?

You are really, really reaching here. You have no idea if Galacuts is anything equaling adult Franklin in power.

We have no idea if ONE adult Franlink from an ALTERNATE reality had access to his full powers or not.

No not really. Franklin I believe became Galactus in that reality after Galactus had been turned into a star, that means that prior to that Galactus (obviously) had been the one consuming the different planets and driving off the Celestials when they were present on the different planets, again the Celestials didn't find Galactus power odd, they have been dealing with him for eons, which means that the powerlevel Franklin demonstrated was entirely within the parameters of what powerlevel they ascribed to Galactus.

Yet you had no issue with using the adult Franklin Richards from a alternate universe as proof that Franklin could reconstruct himself even though it was a feat not done under his own power.

And again would Galactus have been beaten by one Omega Sentinel as I believe it was the case with Adult Franklin in reality 811?

Maybe Galactus remembers the Dreaming Celestial using and abusing his body even while the DC was imprisoned.

Except that happened in a alternate reality. But it's a possibility that Galactus remembered knows, like Uatu sometimes does, what happened in a alternate universe if things had taken a different turn. So it's likely that Galactus knows that the Dreaming Celestial manipulated a weakened Galactus into not being capable of sating his hunger any longer. I don't know, but ultimately it doesn't change the strange statement concerning the other far more powerful beings/artifacts that Galactus have encountered.

It doens't amplify anything, he just had "home field advantage" as they say.

Then it's of absolutely no consequance and entirely unrelevant so why bring it up?

Just pointing out he made one of the Major universal abstractions his bixxh. Then went on to pummel Galactus until the Heralds/Elders interfered. And even then they didnt' beat him, his masters stepped in and stopped him.

Is it of any consequance or have any bearing on the battle between the two? No, so it's irrelevant when IB was humbled easily by Master Order and Lord Chaos two beings that are said to operate, in power scale, below Eternity. You mean they went on to pummel each other, with Galactus getting in the most strikes? because that would be the correct assesment. No they didn't beat him because the moment the Elders and heralds stepped in the portal back into Order and Chaos realm was reopened.

Wow talk about reaching. It was stated on panel that he FORCED Death to take them against her will. This was confirmed later in the Thanos Quest! She is NOT their opposite, if anything she stands opposed to Eternity, just like Oblivion stands opposite to Infinity.

Try and reread the panels, IB directly states that he summons the one force that can negate them, that is Death, he then says Death doesn't have a choice given the way his power work in regards to his existence to counterbalance extremes, IB notes that he is both life and death in the current universe, where in his old universe Reality was but playthings for Lord Order and Master Chaos, so that isn't reaching at all, actually it's clarifying what happened on panel with added context. So now if Eternity and IB was to fight you believe that IB could summon Death to fight Eternity?

He survived having his body disintegrated, traveled back in time from an ALTERNATE future to 616 reality, drained power from the Phoenix avatar and his younger self and recreated for him a new body. This isn't impressive?

Let me clarify again. Before Adult Franklin Richards did had sent a mental projection of himself back through time (a dream-selves I believe it's called) when he gets there Adult Franklin needs both Rachel and Franklin to tap into in order to remake his body (which means as you also say that he needs the phoenix avatar), which means that it was a feat he couldn't accomplish on his own, unlike Galactus who remaked, Doctor Strange, Silver Surfer and Nova alongside his ship, without having the need to draw on any outside energies, except willing himself together. There is the difference. Furthermore the feats accomplished by Adult Franklin Richards are then in question since it was with the powers of Franklin and Rachel that he managed to perform them.

Dude they were still children and not at their full potential yet they still yanked him from Eternity/Infinity and saved his sorry ass. To add insult to injury, all he did was give Reed the nullifier and Reed wound up saving the day.

Are you denying that Galactus was reconstructed because Galactus was the only one that had the required power to stand up to Abraxas? I mean it's fairly obvious that neither Franklin and Valerie combined didn't have the required powers else they wouldn't have reconstructed Galactus. Incorrect Galactus didn't give the UN to Reed, he dropped it when he was attacked, killed the attackers and said that Reed knew what had to be done since it "falled to him", if Galactus hadn't been attacked he would have done what was required himself, since Galactus is the one that has the best showing of controlling the UN of all the different users. And again is Franklin and Valerie now stronger then Eternity and Infinity combined?

zopzop
Yes you did so after I had typed in my reply, and the question never was whether or not they were like the 616 Celestials was it? The question was if Galactus from a alternate reality could defeat them, and if that Galactus stood a chance, then one of most powerful of the Galactus (taking the debate with DarkOdin into consideration) would also stand a chance. I believe it was in Captain America #303-304 that Dr. Myron MacLain tells us how he made CA shield by bonding Vibranium with Iron through unknown means and then afterwards tried to reproduce the effect only to make Adamantium. But anyways Vibranium has another interesting abilities, which is that the more energy you direct towards it the tougher it becomes, and since the Celestials in the 9997 reality is beings made of well pure energy, the armor that they wear that is made from Vibranium will be extremely tough, which again only speaks for the powerlevel that Galactus had in that reality.

Oh please, Odinforce Thor dented the hell out of Captain America's shield and he wasn't even going all out. I would hope Galactus was capable of replicating that feat but then again this is the universal jobber we are talking about here to maybe he can't.

But it still means nothing ultimately. Since A) those Celestials are nothing like 616 Celestials, B) that wasn't really Galactus, he was dead and C) It was an adult Franklin.

When Galactus died during the Abraxus arc, did he reform himself? NO. And Galactus has been shown bleeding and having a skeletal structure, he's inconsistent as well as being a jobber.

Since we are discussing ALTERNATE universe characters not 616 characters it's pointless to use them as examples of anything. Would adult Franklin from 616 get killed by one omega sentinel like the alternate universe Franklin did? Who knows? Can Franklin of 616 after he reaches adulthood duplicate Franklin from alternate futures time hop resurrection? Who knows? The only reason I brought up alt Future Franklin's stunt is because you were using alt universe Galactus/Celestials showings as proof of something.

But have those far more powerful beings violated Galactus' personhood in the way the BC did?

Because it was mentioned in the Comic. When the IB and Galactus were fighting. The IB mentioned that he (Galactus) had the advantage now because they were in his reality but soon they would be drawn into the black hole where the two universes intersect and the IB would have the advantage.

EDIT, I think it WAS of consequence. I need to find the issue and post the scan. This makes the IB showing even more impressive it I'm remembering it now right.

He was humbled by those who created him. Of course they'd know how to deal with him. Fact is he ordered around Eternity's polar opposite like was her pimp. Galactus got more "blows" in but it didnt' matter one bit. He was still losing and even with the Elders/Heralds help all they did was push him into the Magic Universe where his masters dealt with him. Because you realize that if it wasn't for Order/Chaos they would NEVER have defeated IB.

Sure, why not? Or currently he could summon the CK. Since it was stated that he's an "anti-Eternity".

That was an adult Franklin from an ALTERNATE universe. The only reason why I brought it up is because you were using ALTERnATE universe versions of Galactus (which was really Franklin) and Celestials as proof of something.

Galactus dropped it cause he was reeling in pain from an attack by his own heralds! That gimp was hurt by Nova! Amazingly Reed accomplished the job of repairing the universe/multiverse by using the UN just fine. The only thing Galactus did was snatch the UN away from Abraxus. Frank/Val rezzed him then Reed finished the job.

What a showing by Big G!

TheTyrant
The IB didn't have 'trouble' with the robot. At that time that's how he fought. Analyzed the being then destroyed it by summoning it's opposite.

Right. That's why he was getting hit and was clearly hurt. Even that guy told him to defend himself. Ignoring on panel evidence?

So, there is no difference between a fed Galactus and a hungry, dying Galactus? I mean clearly, if a hungry, Galactus who had just come out of a coma defeated the In-betweener (yes, the heralds are extensions of his power), then obviously a fed one would lose to him. How could I not see it?

After he kicks the shit out of the In-Betweener?

The In-Betweener?

So him telling Death what to do means that Death was his *****? And what does that have to do with anything? This is Galactus, not Mistress Death.

You're right here. I didn't recall that when I posted. Regardless, the In-Betweener is weak sauce to Galactus.

Right. Based on what exactly?

So? He can have as many mental blocks as he wants, does that change the fact that he AND his sister had to burn out their powers in order to resurrect Galactus; their only hope for survival?

Badabing
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Galactus runs the gauntlet with two hours of rest between each battle. Where does he stop? This is Galactus 80% full power.

1) Genis-Vell
2) Zeus in Olympus
3) Odin in Asgard
4) Classic Beyonder
5) Thanos w/Cosmic Cube
6) Parallax
7) Phoenix
8) Living Tribunal I'm officially a Zeus fanboy. So he loses at 2. sneer

zopzop
Right. That's why he was getting hit and was clearly hurt. Even that guy told him to defend himself. Ignoring on panel evidence?

Reading comprehension for the win! :

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4215/ssv301709b.th.jpg

He was in absolutely no danger and was merely analyzing the Punisher robot. He couldn't have made that more clear.

You didn't read the issue did you? Or if you did you didn't understand what was going on. The only way they "defeated" the IB was by pushing him back into the Magic Universe where his masters dealt with him. This was a combined effort of Galactus/His Heralds/The Elders/Reed and Sue.

Galactus being fed or not is irrelevant, since it was stated in the issue that they were each other's opposite and equal in power.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4675/ssv301813a.th.jpg

Yeah their only hope. He manages to snatch the UN from Abraxus only to lose it because his weaksauce herald rocked him. Then Reed saves the day, this after Reed's pre pubescent children rezzed Galactus. Nice.

Mindset
Originally posted by batdude123
He'd get to eight and then die. phucking noob

TheLordofMurder
Well to get back on topic, I believe that a Galactus that is non-jobbing...unrestrained by PIS...pulls out the Ultimate Nullifier and zaps everyone on this list...

The only survivors would be the Living Tribunal and Classic Beyonder...both of whom would beat Galactus; everyone else gets one-shotted.

Edit: I do really wish they would blow everything up and start over as Galactus jobs so much and is so "all-over-the-place" with his showings its ridiculous; given what he is supposed to be, he just isnt given his due on far too often a basis...

sad

KuRuPT Thanosi

When is this fight coming up.. .which comic?

Utrigita
Oh please, Odinforce Thor dented the hell out of Captain America's shield and he wasn't even going all out. I would hope Galactus was capable of replicating that feat but then again this is the universal jobber we are talking about here to maybe he can't.

But it still means nothing ultimately. Since A) those Celestials are nothing like 616 Celestials, B) that wasn't really Galactus, he was dead and C) It was an adult Franklin.

For the shield to withstand a blast from a being that I believe is around equal to Odin, and given the amount of credit you give Odin, it's really not a bad showing. The Shield have only suffered really damage when Doom with the power of Pre retcon Beyonder attacked the gathered heroes on Secret Wars, not saying that is the only power that can damage is, but just that a laughable amount is needed.

The point was that 1. The Celestials was obviously far more durable then you originally thought, because you were unaware of the ability Vibranium had. 2. Ignoring the point regarding Franklins power in that universe, while again ignoring that for eons Galactus have been the one holding the Celestial population in check, or are you still ignoring that? 3. Which is relevant beyond the part that it allowed him to access his powers to transform into Galactus why?

When Galactus died during the Abraxus arc, did he reform himself? NO. And Galactus has been shown bleeding and having a skeletal structure, he's inconsistent as well as being a jobber.

I have already explained once why Galactus was converted into energy, to prevent him from reforming, but I suppose that once again it was a point that was overlooked or disregarded because it didn't suit your fictional image. Galactus have, going by the most recent encounter where he has been damaged, bleed energy, which points to what is generally known and the way Galactus is generally portrayed, as a being that encases himself in armor in order to maintain control of his energies.

Since we are discussing ALTERNATE universe characters not 616 characters it's pointless to use them as examples of anything. Would adult Franklin from 616 get killed by one omega sentinel like the alternate universe Franklin did? Who knows? Can Franklin of 616 after he reaches adulthood duplicate Franklin from alternate futures time hop resurrection? Who knows? The only reason I brought up alt Future Franklin's stunt is because you were using alt universe Galactus/Celestials showings as proof of something.

So now the feat of Franklin reconstruction himself is no longer in effect? I was actually making a clear point, earlier in this discussion as to why I brought it up and why I had a discussion with DarkOdin in the first place. Galactus from the 616 reality is, based on the Abraxas encounter and the statements therein, the strongest of the multiple Galactus in the various other universes (discounting Galactus Engine for a second), following that line of thought, it is further logical to assume that if Galactus from another Universe is capable of atleast holding the Celestial population in check, then Galactus from the 616 reality will have a good shot at killing or defeating atleast one Celestial on his own. Which is far more then Odin in the Destroyer Armor managed to accomplish, which was my original point. Hell I could have taken the easy road, and said that the Celestials have a on panel shown weakness to beings that are capable of manipulating Hyperspace, a ability that is very well within Galactus own powerset.

But have those far more powerful beings violated Galactus' personhood in the way the BC did?

It's entirely unrelevant, Galactus "fear" when he attends the coalitions against beings such as Thanos with IG/HOTU, Magus with CCU etc. is always the safety of (as he likes to call it) his reality, the threat from himself as BC Galactus was (going by what was shown on panel) rather insignificant in comparison with the threat from the others.

Because it was mentioned in the Comic. When the IB and Galactus were fighting. The IB mentioned that he (Galactus) had the advantage now because they were in his reality but soon they would be drawn into the black hole where the two universes intersect and the IB would have the advantage.

EDIT, I think it WAS of consequence. I need to find the issue and post the scan. This makes the IB showing even more impressive it I'm remembering it now right.

I asked you this before, I can ask you this again, where did the comic mention that Galactus from being in the 616 reality received a amp?

And how funny I mean really, you can only see what the IB did as impressive the fact that Galactus while weakened was fighting a fine IB, and getting in the most blows, still ascribe IB's showing as being the best?

He was humbled by those who created him. Of course they'd know how to deal with him. Fact is he ordered around Eternity's polar opposite like was her pimp. Galactus got more "blows" in but it didnt' matter one bit. He was still losing and even with the Elders/Heralds help all they did was push him into the Magic Universe where his masters dealt with him. Because you realize that if it wasn't for Order/Chaos they would NEVER have defeated IB.

Yes? I have already said exactly what enabled him to do so, it's not something that makes his power skyrocket into LT level, unless ofcause you have another view on the words IB used, then by all means... What if they hadn't drifted into the black hole, the IB was (if we go by your own words) obviously looking for a advantage against a weakened Galactus, and furthermore what makes you say that Galactus was losing? And tbh, based on, in how low regards you hold a weakened Galactus it's rather pathetic that IB had to look for a advantage to beat him isn't it, or is it merely a showing of IB not being half as strong as you would like him to be?

Sure, why not? Or currently he could summon the CK. Since it was stated that he's an "anti-Eternity".

I'll consider making a thread then, but it should be obvious that when Chaos and Order operates below Eternity, then Eternity will deal with IB as effortless as they did.

That was an adult Franklin from an ALTERNATE universe. The only reason why I brought it up is because you were using ALTERnATE universe versions of Galactus (which was really Franklin) and Celestials as proof of something.

I have above, and before I believe, specified why I deemed the use of a alternate Galactus usable in this discussion, can you say the same for the Franklin incident?

Galactus dropped it cause he was reeling in pain from an attack by his own heralds! That gimp was hurt by Nova! Amazingly Reed accomplished the job of repairing the universe/multiverse by using the UN just fine. The only thing Galactus did was snatch the UN away from Abraxus. Frank/Val rezzed him then Reed finished the job.

What a showing by Big G!

If a child runs into you while your holding your hand stretched out infront of you with a egg on top, don't you think it's a plausible scenario that you will then drop that egg? It's true that Reed repaired the multiverse, but what is untrue is you portraying it in a way to show it as a feat beyond Galactus control, because I would be most interested in hearing what points to that, because as said before Galactus have shown the single handed best utilization of the UN. So now snatching the UN from Abraxas a feat that two Celestials levels being couldn't accomplish is a bad feat? And please don't say "they where only children", because it was obviously a feat for them previously when they ressed Galactus to be only children, or was that because it helped your fictional world image in regards to Galactus?

I agree, recalling the ultimate nullifier in a attack that made Abraxas cry out in pain, holding his ground against Galactus which no other alternate Galactus had shown capable of doing, Oneshotting 7+ heralds in a AoE Blast that only struck them, depleting two Celestial level beings just to be reconstructed, two beings that could on their own do nothing to Abraxas. So Yeah a good showing from Galactus.

Utrigita
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
When is this fight coming up.. .which comic?

Supposedly in a revamped Thor comic, Guy222 informed me of it, knowing my interest in the powerlevel between Odin and Galactus, simply because there is a slight chance that Galactus and Odin will fight in that comic. Don't worry though I'll make sure to slam the comics preview up all over KMC comic section when I see it smile

zopzop
For the shield to withstand a blast from a being that I believe is around equal to Odin, and given the amount of credit you give Odin, it's really not a bad showing. The Shield have only suffered really damage when Doom with the power of Pre retcon Beyonder attacked the gathered heroes on Secret Wars, not saying that is the only power that can damage is, but just that a laughable amount is needed.

The point was that 1. The Celestials was obviously far more durable then you originally thought, because you were unaware of the ability Vibranium had. 2. Ignoring the point regarding Franklins power in that universe, while again ignoring that for eons Galactus have been the one holding the Celestial population in check, or are you still ignoring that? 3. Which is relevant beyond the part that it allowed him to access his powers to transform into Galactus why?

Dude the shield is MAJORITY ADAMANTIUM with Vibranium mixed in. Pure Vibranium is nowhere near as durable as Adamantium.

So no your comparison fails, yet again. Your only showing of Celestials vs Galactus is from an alternate reality where neither was anything like 616 reality versions.

Hell during Marvel : The End, Galactus was shocked that Thanos destroyed a Celestial.

I disregarded nothing. HE COULD NOT REFORM HIMSELF, that was the whole point. And Galactus physiology is as inconsistent as his showings. Tyrant made him bleed and in that very Abraxus arc his SKULL was thrown to Earth no?

No it's not valid and I only brought it up because you were using a ridiculous example of your own. Alternate reality Celestials that are NOTHING like 616 versions? Check! Alternate Galactus that's not even really Galactus? Check! The replacement Galactus was an adult Franklin? Check!

Yet he still shxt his pants when the BC rose. Go cry to Marvel because I don't want to hear it. It's on panel and not an alternate reality version of either being (the BC or Galactus).

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4209/ssv301806a.jpg

Galactus : "Each of us are near omnipotent in our own realms, and we are in mine!"

Galactus with home field advantage + Elders + Heralds + Reed/Sue vs IB and they still didn't win! They had to unleash his masters on him.

Not really, it was stated they were each others opposite/equal. That's why the IB couldn't summon an anti-Galactus. The difference is Galactus weakens because of hunger while the IB doesn't.

Death operates above Order/Chaos and we all see how that turned out. Anomaly operates below Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion and we all saw him laugh off an IG blast to the face. Both times the IB has been undone it was because of his makers.

Yes you deemed to use this horrible example of alternate reality versions of beings who are nothing like their 616 counter parts out of desperation. I understand its ok.

Did the children even know to try to steal the UN from Abraxus? They just got through snatching him (Galactus) from the heart of Eternity/Infinity and then their dad saves the day.

Galactus made Abraxus cry out in pain? What issue were you reading? Because I recall it was just shock that Galactus could snatch the UN away from him. Then Galactus mentioned that it was a part of him or something. Then Nova shxt rocks Galactus and he loses it. Nice contribution Galactus laughing

Power Cosmic II
Dude the shield is MAJORITY ADAMANTIUM with Vibranium mixed in. Pure Vibranium is nowhere near as durable as Adamantium.

no no no no no no

I don't read Cap and even I know that his shield is composed mostly of VIBRANIUM.

Adamantium is an attempt to unsuccessfully recreate the alloys in Cap's shield, which again, is constructed of vibranium.

In other words, vibranium>>adamantium.

Fail, man.

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
no no no no no no

I don't read Cap and even I know that his shield is composed mostly of VIBRANIUM.

Adamantium is an attempt to unsuccessfully recreate the alloys in Cap's shield, which again, is constructed of vibranium.

In other words, vibranium>>adamantium.

Fail, man.

Scan please? Because unless they retconned it it was Adamantium with Vibranium mixed in since like forever.

Black bolt z
Scan please? Because unless they retconned it it was Adamantium with Vibranium mixed in since like forever. No its not adamantium. I always thought it was adamantium and vibranium until a few months ago.

I'm pretty sure its mostly Vibranium with part of an unknown steel alloy.

zopzop
No its not adamantium. I always thought it was adamantium and vibranium until a few months ago.

I'm pretty sure its mostly Vibranium with part of an unknown steel alloy.

Yes you are right. I could have sworn I've seen that shield mentioned as a unique mix of Adamantium and Vibranium. But apparently it's an iron/vibranium mix with something added that's never been replicated again.

Oh well.

horrorwolf
There is no way he gets past Beyonder.

Its over at 4.

TheTyrant
Reading comprehension for the win! :

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4215/ssv301709b.th.jpg

What are those supposed to prove? We saw the In-Betweener get hit and we saw him get hurt.

http://img9.imageshack.us/f/punisherrobot1.jpg/

Look at his goddamn face. Does it look like he shrugged it off? Does it? It's not rocket science, bro.

I never claimed that the In-Betweener was in any danger. All I said was that he had trouble with it which he obviously did.

Why? Because he's far below Galactus.

Silver Surfer volume 3 17-18.

Right. I mean obviously, I've got it all wrong. That's why I think Galactus was winning the fight when it was actually a stalemate with Galactus getting in more hits. Sorry.

And why can't he do that here? He'd just BFR his ass to C&O's and that's that. And since this isn't a hungry, dying Galactus, he won't need any of his heralds to help him like last time.

Btw; Galactus had nothing to do with the heralds and Elders sending the In-Betweener to Chaos and Order's realm. He was just minding his own and beating the living shit out of the In-Betweener when the heralds and Elders decided to help him out.

http://img248.imageshack.us/i/whatt.jpg/p

Not once did he ask for their help.

That's right. Which is why the In-Betweener had such an easy time with a hungry Galactus who had just come out of a coma. Oh wait, he couldn't even defeat Galactus in that state.

Let me put it this way: The Keeper fared much better against a hungry Galactus than the In-betweener did against a much weaker Galactus; in fact, the Keeper managed to defeat Galactus in that state. But how did he fare against a fed Galactus?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/Keeper3.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/keeper4.jpg

Same thing happens here, but in this case, the In-Betweener will be the victim. The In-Betweener is nothing to Galactus.

Oh shit, my bad. How foolish of me to assume that the Frankie and Valerie did not know of Galactus' ability to control the Ultimate Nullifier. I mean Galactus had called it back to himself before. Just like all the times Reed had threatened him with the Nullifi.. Oh wait. Galactus was the multi-verse's only hope. Abraxas was nothing to Galactus, even with the Ultimate Nullifier. Galactus said it ON PANEL, bro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.