Dr. Strange runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Five hours prep before gauntlet starts. No prep between gauntlet. Three hours rest between each battle.

1) Baron Modo
2) Kulan Gath
3) Half Power Galactus
4) Dr. Fate w/4 hours prep
5) Thanos w/4 hours prep
6) Living Tribunal

batdude123
Either Galactus would get him or Dr. Fate would.

Tshern
Galactus.

Darth Kal-El
Strange defeated Galactus before.

Originally posted by long pig
The owning of Galactus.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9761/galacko5uf.th.jpg

Twice.
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9053/galatt1vc.th.jpg

Darth Kal-El
Plus, he has 5 hours prep in here.

Wally West
Galactus wasn't anywhere near beat in that first scan, he didn't even hit the ground, he stopped himself and proceeded to chat with Strange. The second one is just really cheap and Galactus was extreamly weak at the time (and it was the Thing that finally knocked him down, but that attack Strange used was just a plot-device really).

Heres the next page after he "owns" Galactus in that first scan:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/strangegal.jpg

Crease
In one of those Galactus was so weak he was shrinking. A half power Galactus stll takes Strange 7/10.

Darth Kal-El
i wanna see long pig defend Strange in this one....

Darth_Erebus
I'd say the gauntlet order is wrong. Galactus even at half power is a Normal powered G and should be right below LT. I'll echo what others have said about those scans. Galactus wasn't defeated in the first one (kina like the scan showing Thanos blasting Galactus), and the second one was only a distraction, The Thing and Mr Fantastic were actually the ones who brought him down showing he wasn't even .000000001% at the time.

As for the gauntlet...as written he stops at Galactus, as it should be written, stops at Thanos.

Mider
galactus can be contained by the bands of cyttorak he cant break them. and LT well he's defied him before so he's gonna have to have a big big spell for him well maybe not that big the punk

Wally West
Originally posted by Mider
galactus can be contained by the bands of cyttorak he cant break them Do you have any scans of Galactus being contained that way before? confused

Mider
i dont have a scanner and why wouldnt he be contained by them? He cant even hurt juggernaut.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Mider
galactus can be contained by the bands of cyttorak he cant break them. and LT well he's defied him before so he's gonna have to have a big big spell for him well maybe not that big the punk

Here is a scan of Namor doing what Galactus is 'not supposed' to do .....breaking the Crimson bands of Cytorrak (I also believe that the Hulk has broken the bands as well, but I do not have a scan of that so I cannot comment much on it ....but it is supposedly in Hulk 450).

Anyways, here is Namor breaking the crimson bands:

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4775/namorfeat23wb.gif

So I guess it is to be believed (and maybe it is Marvel that insinuates this) that Namor and the Hulk can break the crimson bands, but Galactus .....a raging beast of apocalyptic destruction, a granter of cosmic energy of a very high order (look at Surfer), and a consumer of entire worlds ....can be bound, hapless as a child, by them.
Yet a human-Atlantean hybrid, and a green-hued mental cripple, can do that.

Either someone over at Marvel made a huge booboo when they had the Hulk and Namor doing such a feat, or someone else over there made a major error making the bands appear 'unbreakabkle' and able to bind one as Galactus.

Dizzle
Strange's level of concentration largely effects the strength of the bands... It was written fairly consistantly, actually. Namor and Hulk break out with supreme effort when Strange puts minimal efort into restraining them, a VERY weak Galactus is held when Strange puts every ounce of discipline that he has into keeping him held.

THe problem with saying "half powered" Galactus is that no one really knows what his full power is... It could be simply that he's full powered after eating a planet, or it could be that, to potential, he is Eternity's equal. (as his place in the universe would suggest) Even half powered, Strange shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanos and Fate should also probably win here. (Fate would probably do better than Thanos) If Strange brings the Vishanti, you can bet your ass that Nabu can summon every single Lord of Order, as well as a few other magic beings, if he really needs to.

Thanos will pull SOMETHING out of his ass. He always does, basically. What can he do? I have no idea, but Thanos's role in Marvel is to do exactly what everyone says Batman can do; kill everyone and everything using prep.

Mider
how does the spell of juggernaut go? who so ever possesses this gem yada yada yada will get the power of the crimson bands of cyttorak so he is the best example of how strong the bands are suppose to be. but for the purposes of this fight and since he has prep he could theoretically use the bands to an even greater potential and thus keep galactus trapped further.

long pig
Namor never broke the bands of Cyttorak. He broke Strange's mental hold on the bands while Strange was in his weaker astral form. The bands only broke when Strange was K.O'd from the mental feedback....i.e PIS.

Hulk never broke the bands, either. He was in a dimension created by Franklin and it was said that "Whatever is wished comes true" there...and Hulk wished to break the bands...so he did...not because he's strong, but because Franklin Richards is powerful. I.E PIS.

He K.O'd Galactus in the first scanned you showed. G' wasn't conscious until a few feet from Earth. The second scan showed G' being taken down by a mental assault, which(other than his hunger...which he quenched a few minutes earlier in his ship) is what triggered his shrinking.

Strange can get to Thanos. If Thanos didn't have prep, then Thanos would lose.

Adam can own the **** out of Thanos with the soul gem, Strange has something almost exactly the same and can use it as much as he wants.

Wynndar
Strange beat Shuma Garath...again...and by himself in the last issue of 4. It was off-panel tho

long pig
Meh, he beat Shuma in part by "stealing" the infinite power of an Infinite using black magic...which could be used here. What's more than infinite?

Strange just steals everyone's power and wins the whole damn thing. heh.

Thunderstrike
He gets to Galactus. The Big G was low in power when they "fought" though it is a good showing for Strange.

long pig
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He gets to Galactus. The Big G was low in power when they "fought" though it is a good showing for Strange.
Uh, no.
The fight where Strange knocks G' out was a time when G' was more powerful than we've ever seen him before. He fights Ag' after he fights Strange.

Thunderstrike
In one of those scans, Galactus was severely weakened. In the other, he wasn't even that hurt. No need to get hostile.

h1a8
Strange has went up against (and resisted) the Infinity Gaunlet. Something that owned all (eternity, LT, Galactus, etc.) It is quite obvious that Strange has a chance against any version of Galactus.

Thunderstrike
I thought the LT brought down the powers of the IG.

h1a8
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
I thought the LT brought down the powers of the IG.

no they didn't. LT and the rest was bound by it. It was through trickery that Thanos lost the gaunlet (by a female).

Thunderstrike
Thanos always loses by seduction though. That and cops.

Either way, I don't doubt that Strange would have the knowledge of some sort of spell to shield himself from the IG's effects, but Galactus at half power is a bit of a stretch.

Tshern
How come IG owned Living Tribunal?

Psyquis52
Is it a must to put someone absolutely undefeatable on the list just to make it impossible for our heroe?

Dr. Strange may take Galactus down. That's a big maybe.

Even if he does do that and beats Dr. Fate then Thanos he has to fight the Living Tribunal.

The Living Tribunal has negated the effects of the Infinity Gauntlet. I think that's a bit much.

h1a8
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Is it a must to put someone absolutely undefeatable on the list just to make it impossible for our heroe?

Dr. Strange may take Galactus down. That's a big maybe.

Even if he does do that and beats Dr. Fate then Thanos he has to fight the Living Tribunal.

The Living Tribunal has negated the effects of the Infinity Gauntlet. I think that's a bit much.

Where do you get that LT has negated the effects of the IG?
He was simply owned by it.

Psyquis52
Check Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 and you'll see what I mean.

GODSCRIBE
Does magic even have any effect on Thanos?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by h1a8
no they didn't. LT and the rest was bound by it. It was through trickery that Thanos lost the gaunlet (by a female).

Uhhhhhmmmmm.....when did this happen. The only reason Thanos with the IG continued until the IG was stolen from him was because LT deemed Thanos with the IG was simply more powerful than Eternity and the rule of the "survival of the fittest" was in effect. Then he goes on to reason in his court that since Thanos with the IG is stronger than Eternity, he should naturally replace him as the supreme being of the universe under his jurisdiction going by the natural laws of the universe. He could've easily put anyone with the IG out of comission.

GODSCRIBE
Seriously, does Magic have any affect at all on Thanos. If it does, then Strange possibly beats Thanos- if not, he stops at him.

Juntai
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Check Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 and you'll see what I mean. they said the battle between him and LT would destroy everything, LT didn't say he would be able to stop it that I recall, finally, instead of battling and destroying universes, LT said "Is that the type of God you are?" and then he finally agreed to LT's judgement.

Mider
you cant use the LT made the gems unusable together excuse even warlock did that to the mind gem so it wont work at full capacity does that mean warlock=LT

Thunderstrike
^ What the hell did he just say? I didn't understand one damn word.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Uhhhhhmmmmm.....when did this happen. The only reason Thanos with the IG continued until the IG was stolen from him was because LT deemed Thanos with the IG was simply more powerful than Eternity and the rule of the "survival of the fittest" was in effect. Then he goes on to reason in his court that since Thanos with the IG is stronger than Eternity, he should naturally replace him as the supreme being of the universe under his jurisdiction going by the natural laws of the universe. He could've easily put anyone with the IG out of comission.

what are you talking about?
I read and saw in the infinity war saga that LT and the rest tried to come against thanos and were bound by the IG. They were powerless against it. It totally owned them all (including LT).

Wally West
Thanos never did anything to the Living Tribunal when he had the Gauntlet.

guy222
bumprav

Endless Mike
Is he allowed to summon Eternity? Because Eternity > all but FP Galactus (unless G uses the UN)

Uriel005
Originally posted by long pig
Meh, he beat Shuma in part by "stealing" the infinite power of an Infinite using black magic...which could be used here. What's more than infinite?

Strange just steals everyone's power and wins the whole damn thing. heh. this is my argument for a lot of CIS off victories for strange though the potential to be corrupted is very high on this list on stranges part but on a purely can he beat someone basis w/out any restraint on what magic he can use in theory he could channel any cosmic entities energies against themselves by "becoming" them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.