Can Someone Suggest Me...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phat J
can someone suggest me a good anti-virus program that i dont have to pay for please. ive had ad aware for about a year now and it doesnt really do a good job, i can do two scans in a row and it'll still find stuff on the second scan. my friend directed me to avastantivirus.com and i downloaded the stop-sign program and it seems like every single one of my files is infected with some sort of virus. i ahve like 4 types of them.

i have love letter, win32parite, trojan and a couple other ones.

can anyone recommend me some programs that i dont have to pay for to get rid of these viruses?

eggmayo
AVG or Zone Alarm.

Bloigen
AVG and Ad-Aware.

Get both.

Clovie
AVG, Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm and Spybot

I have and am using all. at the same time. #lookaround

Bloigen
Originally posted by Clovie
AVG, Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm and Spybot

I have and am using all. at the same time. #lookaround

tongue_ss

Phat J
and these will get rid of all my viruses?

thanks for the suggestions by the way

Lana
I would advise AGAINST AVG and Ad-Aware. I've used both in the past, and they didn't catch a lot of stuff and caused me to have to wipe my harddrive to get rid of the viruses.

I use McAffee but it's not a free program.

http://www.download.com/3150-2239_4-0-1-0.html?qt=&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=&x=21&y=7

Check out that search, it's free antivirus programs.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Lana
I would advise AGAINST AVG and Ad-Aware. I've used both in the past, and they didn't catch a lot of stuff and caused me to have to wipe my harddrive to get rid of the viruses.

I use McAffee but it's not a free program.

http://www.download.com/3150-2239_4-0-1-0.html?qt=&author=&titlename=&desc=&dlcount=&daysback=&swlink=&gfiletype=&os=&li=49&dlsize=&ca=&x=21&y=7

Check out that search, it's free antivirus programs.

Ad-Adware isn't supposed to get rid of all viruses. It's onlt for Ads and Tracking cookies.
It says somewhere on the site "This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product. Using this on it's own keeps your computer at risk" or something like that.

As for AVG, never used it, all I know is that it's free. McAffee is the way to go.

Lana
Ad-Aware didn't do anything at all, I had used it and AVG at the same time. Still had tons of viruses and spyware that neither would get rid of or even find 90% of the time.

Thorinn
whoa, 23 hours without a post, just thought I would break the silence.big grin

SaTsuJiN
I enjoy going to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ .. it works very well for me

Ryder4LyF
get Zone alarm i don't trust mc fee

Phat J
which ones out of these are free? i cant spend money on this. ive checked out most of these that you guys have suggested and you have to pay for all of them.

i used stopsign the other day but it only checks for free and makes you pay for cleaning and it found 2500 virus files.

thanks for the suggestions again

Syren
Get AVG and Ad-Aware, if you're determined to use free programs wink

MC Mike
If you want a clean computer, dish out the money instead of wasting it on texts or something random like that. It's not that expensive.

And I have McAfee VirusScan and along with the free SpyBot Search and Destroy, I've had zero problems for over 2 years.

Phat J
ok, thanks.

im going to try spybot search and destroy, avg, and i already have ad aware so there we go, those 3.

Syren
Let us know how that combination works out winkiss

Phat J
very funny

Spideys Sister
McFee sucks by all means I don't suggest it. It's a pain in the ass.

Syren
Originally posted by Phat J
very funny

Ok, what? It wasn't supposed to be funny... I was serious confused

Anyway, I've just removed AVG from my computer because it made everything ridiculously slow. I set it so that it wasn't supposed to scan my emails but it did anyway and I couldn't actually access any of them (in Outlook).

So, obviously, I'm now entirely biased against the damn thing.

Phat J
Originally posted by Syren
Let us know how that combination works out winkiss

oh ok, my mistake.

i thought that smiley was sticking its tongue out at me.

Phat J
alright ****it, i need one program that will get rid of all my viruses. i dont care if i have to pay for it or not, the only thing i dont want is to have like 3 programs and have to pay for them all at once.

can someone please help me

Phat J
should i jsut get McAfee?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.