Wonderman vs. Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
Which Avenger takes it....

batdude123
I think Wonder Man wins this one because he can shoot energy from his lower body in an omnidirectional fashion. Hercules is only super strong, super durable, and has super endurance. However, if we were going by strength alone, or a fist fight, I think Hercules would own Wonder Man.

Wonder Man
When were talking about Thor Herc and Wonder Man i think Wonder Man takes it.
Maybe not when Thor is all Odin like but I don't think that that is the real Thor. Thats not who he was created to be. Maybe Thor with the Godforce...that yes but anyhow. The godforce would slay Wonder Man i bet.
However normal three and I have to say Wonder Man. Thor is only Immortal for a limited time. A thousand years is like a year to Asgardians.
Hercules i think might actually have the edge on Thor because i think Olypians are just plain Immortal. That and the strength comparison is why I think Herc beats Thor.
Wonder Man is as good as Immortal. What makes him better than the rest is his unlimited stamina. That is no small fight your getting yourself into when the guy who may even have an edge in punching has a little bit extra to give.
We've seen Wonder Man stand Herc down in the Avengers comics.
I've seen it anyhow.
Gotta give this to Simon.
And now with his increased speed Juggs shield may not even hold up.

batdude123
Originally posted by Wonder Man
When were talking about Thor Herc and Wonder Man i think Wonder Man takes it.
Maybe not when Thor is all Odin like but I don't think that that is the real Thor. Thats not who he was created to be. Maybe Thor with the Godforce...that yes but anyhow. The godforce would slay Wonder Man i bet.
However normal three and I have to say Wonder Man. Thor is only Immortal for a limited time. A thousand years is like a year to Asgardians.
Hercules i think might actually have the edge on Thor because i think Olypians are just plain Immortal. That and the strength comparison is why I think Herc beats Thor.
Wonder Man is as good as Immortal. What makes him better than the rest is his unlimited stamina. That is no small fight your getting yourself into when the guy who may even have an edge in punching has a little bit extra to give.
We've seen Wonder Man stand Herc down in the Avengers comics.
I've seen it anyhow.
Gotta give this to Simon.
And now with his increased speed Juggs shield may not even hold up.

Plus his energy forces from his lower body that can shoot in an omnidirectional fashion. big grin

JOE NUNEZ
I have scans of a quick fight between wonderman and hercules anybody want to see them?

batdude123
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
I have scans of a quick fight between wonderman and hercules anybody want to see them?

yes

Adam Warlock

Post it. Scans are always welcome.

Both are tough sob's.

If it was Immortal Hercules, I would think in a straight up brawl, Herc would take 6 out of 10 matches. If WM uses his other powers, it would probably be stalemate.

Now, if it's Mortal Hercules, the favor is in Simon's corner. Simon could be possibly stronger than Mortal Herc, and has Quicksilver type reaction and fighting speed. 7.5 out of 10 for Simon if he threw down with Mortal Herc.

JOE NUNEZ
scans are coming up...

JOE NUNEZ
once your in just hit foward to see it. http://members.fortunecity.com/muscular2/VS_Herk1.htm

JOE NUNEZ
I think herc needs some anger management classes.

Wonder Man
They all need to follow Wonder Man's lead and just be very COOL a pair of shades might help

JOE NUNEZ
I think marvel should explore more posibilities with the wonderman character.....

JohnR
I've gotta go with Herc here. He's stronger, tougher, and more skilled. I'm not saying Wonder Man can't win, but I think Herc takes the majority.

If BFR counts, WM should do better. I can see Herc getting dumped in an ocean.

batdude123
^(*JOE NUNEZ) Same goes with Hercules. I think that he'd be so much cooler if he had more than just super strength and super durability, considering he's an Olympian immortal and everything.

CaptainStoic
I can't remember what Incredible Hulk issue it was, but Hulk beat Herc pretty severely, I think Wonderman would have a better showing.

Wonderman
8/10

CaptainStoic
That of course was the Mortal Herc that I was referring to.

JOE NUNEZ
I have scans of wonderman stalemating hulk...

batdude123
I have a comic book where Hulk was in a trance by Kang the Conqueror and he attacked Hercules. Hercules knocked him out in one punch. Although, it was Hulk in a trance and it kinda took away from that feat, but it's still impressive.

jrodslam
Hercules did put up a very good showing against Hulk. Hulk pretty much had his way with alot of heroes, but Herc put up the best fight. Scans are on this forum somewhere. Im too lazy to look. I hope Olympian comes back soon.sad

jrodslam
Mortal Herc vs Hulk
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage21.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage22.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage27.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/herc-hulkunleashed4.jpg

Herc vs Mindless Hulk
http://img235.echo.cx/img235/4152/avengersih316f0yp.jpg
http://img235.echo.cx/img235/8779/avengersih316g5ee.jpg
http://img235.echo.cx/img235/2019/avengersih316h2xu.jpg
http://img235.echo.cx/img235/1092/avengersih316i7he.jpg

Herc has also stalemated Savage Hulk as well as manhandle the Thunderbolts. Props to olympian for the scans.

Validus
Originally posted by jrodslam
Mortal Herc vs Hulk
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage21.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage22.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/HerculesUnleashedPage27.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jjschm20/Hercules/herc-hulkunleashed4.jpg

What happens after that scan is cut off? Leaderslair.com counted that fight as a Hulk victory and said Hercules was nearly beaten to death.

http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/hulksmashes/hulk-hercules.html

jrodslam
Originally posted by Validus
What happens after that scan is cut off? Leaderslair.com counted that fight as a Hulk victory and said Hercules was nearly beaten to death.

I dont know. I got it from the Herc respect thread. Olympian may have the rest of the scans.

JOE NUNEZ
wonderman vs hulk http://members.fortunecity.com/muscular2/VS_Hulk2.htm

Horrificus
I am a staunch advocate of experience.
I think that the worse thing that happens in comics, is when experience is ignored.
There is no way that a being with thousands or more years of experience, is going to lose to a guy that has only been around for the last 30 to 50 years. Even if the younger character has a little more power or abilities.
This is just the plain truth.
Logically, even if Wonderman has fought every day since he got his powers, Herc should still have thousands of more fights under his belt to draw experience from.
And in a lot of these fights, the stronger guy should not always be winning.
Hercules should be able to beat Wonderman. For now.

batdude123
^ I seriously think that Marvel should give Hercules a make-over cause just having super strength and super durability doesn't cut it anymore. They should come up with someway of him having like Olympian energy blasts or something like that. He needs some kind of energy projection imo.

Horrificus
I think that some of these guys should be doing more with their strength.
Herc and Ben Grimm should be using some type of martial arts, or real fighting skills, or weapons.
They have the strength to be very dangerous to the powerhouses out there that rely on being able to muscle all their enemies.
They just need to do more than duke it out.
For instance, can you imagine if Captain America had class 80 strength and limited invulnerability, or just a tougher hide. And started using his shield for lethal effect as well as protecting him from cosmic class, and over class 100 enemies?
He would be unstoppable.

batdude123
Originally posted by Horrificus
I think that some of these guys should be doing more with their strength.
Herc and Ben Grimm should be using some type of martial arts, or real fighting skills, or weapons.
They have the strength to be very dangerous to the powerhouses out there that rely on being able to muscle all their enemies.
They just need to do more than duke it out.
For instance, can you imagine if Captain America had class 80 strength and limited invulnerability, or just a tougher hide. And started using his shield for lethal effect as well as protecting him from cosmic class, and over class 100 enemies?
He would be unstoppable.

Good point, but I just think that since Thor and Hercules are from two God-like dimensions, I just think that Hercules could display a little more power. Marvel could make Hercules so much more powerful if they worked on him. He'd be much cooler with god-like abilities rather than being a cheap knock-off of the Hulk. I mean Hercules should be this god-like being that should be this huge powerhouse. Ya know what I mean?

Horrificus
Originally posted by batdude123
Good point, but I just think that since Thor and Hercules are from two God-like dimensions, I just think that Hercules could display a little more power. Marvel could make Hercules so much more powerful if they worked on him. He'd be much cooler with god-like abilities rather than being a cheap knock-off of the Hulk. I mean Hercules should be this god-like being that should be this huge powerhouse. Ya know what I mean?

I agree. I mean, he is the son of Zeus. But, yeah, even STan Lee once said that he thought Thor was the strongest of the Marvel Universe, because Thor was a god.
Now, Stan said that, but he was out of touch with just how many cosmically powerful beings were around now.
Still, when he was asked, his first instinct was to say the top guy was Thor, because Thor was a God. That may be over-simplifying things, but he has a point. A god should be at the top.

batdude123
Yeah, so in that logic, Hercules should be at Thor's level.

Horrificus
Yeah, so in that logic, Hercules should be at Thor's level. definitely

jrodslam
Are we talking strength here?

Herc is Thor level. Mortal Herc may be weaker though.

batdude123
I just think that Marvel writers passed up a cool opportunity to make Hercules this huge awesomely powerful god, but instead they go by cliche and make him super strong and super durable. Where's the fun in that? I could've done more with that character!

Hit and Run
I just think that Marvel writers passed up a cool opportunity to make Hercules this huge awesomely powerful god, but instead they go by cliche and make him super strong and super durable. Where's the fun in that? I could've done more with that character!
Well, it's not like Hercules is known for his heat vision and ice breath.

And he does have centuries of fighting experience, as well as adventures from the myths, and his indestructible mace.

aliveinboston
Which Avenger takes it....

Is this a joke? It might as well be captain america vs hercules. Wonderman's not even in the same class.

CaptainStoic
Hercules should have never been as strong as Thor. The reason for me saying this is, because he is a demi or half, whereas Thor is referred to as being a full God... I really hate calling these guys Gods by the way. It borders on blasphemy.

I find myself often getting sick of these super duper DBZ like characters, with little to no substance, it's almost like an arms race to see how strong DC and Marvel can make their characters, and it's getting tired pretty fast. I mean Majestic pushes an entire solar system around, what was the point? I know that it had a plot, but it seemed that they could have went a whole other direction with him. You know what I mean? Get a huge story line going insted of taking the easy way out.

If this type of writiing doesn't stop for both companies they may find themselves painted into the corner.

Sorry to get side tracked, I don't think Hercules would beat Wonderman, and giving him eye blasts or super flight would take away from who Hercules was meant to be. A character that they should develop is Lobo. they should cut the clown act, and make him more like the Punisher with a hint of Wolverine.

Wonderman 8/10

KillAll
Juggernauts forcefield not being a match for wonderman??? i think whoever stated that is a little out of his gord.

other than that, i dont see why wonderman COULDNT win. but i doubt he would win the majority.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Is this a joke? It might as well be captain america vs hercules. Wonderman's not even in the same class. wow,so you think caps in wondermans league..

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Is this a joke? It might as well be captain america vs hercules. Wonderman's not even in the same class.

Wonder Man, Herc, and Thor are all in the same league. Wonder Man has taken on a bunch of the Avengers before. All at the same time. Iron Man and Thor included. If you take their current versions, I'm, willing to bet WM has more than what it takes to to take Herc down.

Not in the same league? Pffftt...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure a battle between Juggs and Wonder Man could last a very long time as both have an endless supply of stamina. But I think Juggs would prevail in a slugfest. WM could take Juggs down if he used his noggin.

And if Juggs has his forcefield up, no way is Wonder Man getting through that. A freaking godblast didn't even faze him. To where a godblast has forced Galactus to flee for his life, and killed Durok The Demolisher in one blast.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus

hulk gets in the couple shots he needs and just about kills herc. that version of herc was only about cl50. ben grim beats that version badly.

herc at his best wins this, though it's not out of the question that simon could sneak in a win or 2. and while they are in similar classes, herc is top of the class, simon nearer the bottom and thor right in the middle. in h2h and pure strength the strongest version of herc has VERY few equals. herc's only problem has ALWAYS been his one-dimensionality. no blasts, no godforce -- can't even FLY for cripe's sake! no uber invulnerability (though he IS quite durable). he's just a REALLY strong dude who is VERY good at h2h. uncomplicated but still one of my faves.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
hulk gets in the couple shots he needs and just about kills herc. that version of herc was only about cl50. ben grim beats that version badly.

herc at his best wins this, though it's not out of the question that simon could sneak in a win or 2. and while they are in similar classes, herc is top of the class, simon nearer the bottom and thor right in the middle. in h2h and pure strength the strongest version of herc has VERY few equals. herc's only problem has ALWAYS been his one-dimensionality. no blasts, no godforce -- can't even FLY for cripe's sake! no uber invulnerability (though he IS quite durable). he's just a REALLY strong dude who is VERY good at h2h. uncomplicated but still one of my faves.

I know, that's what I was talking about. He's really powerful but at the same time, too one-dimensional.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by leonidas

herc at his best wins this, though it's not out of the question that simon could sneak in a win or 2. and while they are in similar classes, herc is top of the class, simon nearer the bottom and thor right in the middle. in h2h and pure strength the strongest version of herc has VERY few equals. herc's only problem has ALWAYS been his one-dimensionality. no blasts, no godforce -- can't even FLY for cripe's sake! no uber invulnerability (though he IS quite durable). he's just a REALLY strong dude who is VERY good at h2h. uncomplicated but still one of my faves. well said champ.

olympian
"What happens after that scan is cut off? Leaderslair.com counted that fight as a Hulk victory and said Hercules was nearly beaten to death"

He lost the fight. That Hulk was more powerful than usual and damped with HR universe energy. Post Onslaught Hulk.

That Hercules was the weakest version ever and held its own the whole fight, taking the punishment without getting ko. Altho as inevitably obvious he would die if Hulk had continued.

I only used those scans to show how uber his skills can be when he wants to use them.

- - -

"Good point, but I just think that since Thor and Hercules are from two God-like dimensions, I just think that Hercules could display a little more power. Marvel could make Hercules so much more powerful if they worked on him. He'd be much cooler with god-like abilities rather than being a cheap knock-off of the Hulk. I mean Hercules should be this god-like being that should be this huge powerhouse. Ya know what I mean?"

Altho they used him as "full God", they never had him displayed the powerset the rest of the Olympians shared. A shame.

Except the one time they had him being boosted -beyond godlikes- Oh the irony!

- - -

"Hercules should have never been as strong as Thor. The reason for me saying this is, because he is a demi or half, whereas Thor is referred to as being a full God... I really hate calling these guys Gods by the way. It borders on blasphemy"

There is a misconception here. He was a half mortal and half god, he died and became a full fledged god. The interesting part is, while a demi God, in the myths he already displayed god level strenght. He did all his well known feats, while a demi god. Like helding the heavens or the earth whatever version you take. Or separating the course of rivers. Or defeating Death itself to save a friends soul.

Point fact. Demi God Heracles had atributtes already in the level of the gods and others that werent. ("half", get it?)

Strenght and stamina wer already god level.

invulnerability? Not even close. It was his weakest ability. Thats why he needed the magic Nemean lion skin in the first place.

Figthing skills? Godlike. He defeated gods beings with it.

Anyway, what im saying is, in the strenght department, ancient demi God heracles and Immortal Heracles are the same. It was the rest of the abilities that became all uber as well.

As for the fight:

"If it was Immortal Hercules, I would think in a straight up brawl, Herc would take 6 out of 10 matches. If WM uses his other powers, it would probably be stalemate.

Now, if it's Mortal Hercules, the favor is in Simon's corner. Simon could be possibly stronger than Mortal Herc, and has Quicksilver type reaction and fighting speed. 7.5 out of 10 for Simon if he threw down with Mortal Herc."

Sounds right to me.

soujaboy09
I don't like the Demi god weaker statement. Juggernaut is considered a Demi god and Thor, Hercules, nor Wonder man can stop him.

As for this fight, I say Herc takes the majority thats only if Simon tries to fight him h2h the whole time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.