Ambassador Evans may be fired

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-hh-
"I was revolted to learn that the State Department has most likely made the decision to recall Ambassador Evans, simply because he made statements openly acknowledging the Armenian Genocide. It literally causes my stomach to churn when I think about it. This man finally did what the state department and US government should have officially done long ago, and instead of thanking him, they first prevented him from getting an award for it, and now seem poised to dispose of him. Harut Sassounian wrote some excellent columns on it last week, and this week which will bring you up to speed. Armenians everywhere are pissed.

It seems like everywhere we turn, Armenians are being trodden on, in this case we are being trodden on by not even being allowed to have a decent, honest American Ambassador, who stood up for what he believes in, stood up for justice. I doubt this will be the last time I will write about this, but folks, if you are half as angry as I am, take 2 minutes to write an email about this to the State Department (Click on "contact us" and then click on "send a message to the Secretary of State."wink.

This man stuck his neck out for doing the right thing, and now, as Americans as well as Armenians from around the world, we owe it to him to make sure the US government knows our moral outrage. Their complicity in genocide denial was bad enough, but making the pronouncement of the words "Armenian Genocide" cost a man his job is unbelievable..."

Source:
http://www.cilicia.com/2006/03/ambassador-evans-may-be-fired.html

what do you guyz think?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by -hh-
"I was revolted to learn that the State Department has most likely made the decision to recall Ambassador Evans, simply because he made statements openly acknowledging the Armenian Genocide. It literally causes my stomach to churn when I think about it. This man finally did what the state department and US government should have officially done long ago, and instead of thanking him, they first prevented him from getting an award for it, and now seem poised to dispose of him. Harut Sassounian wrote some excellent columns on it last week, and this week which will bring you up to speed. Armenians everywhere are pissed.

It seems like everywhere we turn, Armenians are being trodden on, in this case we are being trodden on by not even being allowed to have a decent, honest American Ambassador, who stood up for what he believes in, stood up for justice. I doubt this will be the last time I will write about this, but folks, if you are half as angry as I am, take 2 minutes to write an email about this to the State Department (Click on "contact us" and then click on "send a message to the Secretary of State."wink.

This man stuck his neck out for doing the right thing, and now, as Americans as well as Armenians from around the world, we owe it to him to make sure the US government knows our moral outrage. Their complicity in genocide denial was bad enough, but making the pronouncement of the words "Armenian Genocide" cost a man his job is unbelievable..."

Source:

what do you guyz think?

If only the US was hated by everyone, equally. But we aren't.

-hh-
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
If only the US was hated by everyone, equally. But we aren't. what do you mean?

Capt_Fantastic
what do you mean?

I'm saying it's a matter of perspective.

-hh-
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'm saying it's a matter of perspective. oh

Darth Jello
interesting. armenians are histories common scapegoats along with jews, the irish, and freemasons. It's about time the US recognized genocide

-hh-
Originally posted by Darth Jello
interesting. armenians are histories common scapegoats along with jews, the irish, and freemasons. It's about time the US recognized genocide erm

i dont understand why they dont accept the Armenian Genocide. the only country that has really supported Armenia was France erm stick out tongue erm

DiamondBullets

Source:

what do you guyz think?

Sucks for him.

Wesker
Ridiculous. I hate international politics. A bunch of hypersensitive, overly wealthy old boys determining everyone's future at the perceived drop of a hat.

-hh-
Originally posted by Wesker
Ridiculous. I hate international politics. A bunch of hypersensitive, overly wealthy old boys determining everyone's future at the perceived drop of a hat. power controls everything

Capt_Fantastic
"i hate international politics."

Interesting. There would be no international politics if there was a consensus that could be reached. But there isn't. So, the decline of politics is curtailed by one person not giving a shit what another person does, when it doesn't effect them. Which is legitimate, when another human being isn't inured by the actions of another. Wow, maybe religion should be removed from matters of state and politics.

-hh-
anyone else have anything to say about this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.