Backwards/Upsidedown guitarists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Hey guitarists. After painstakingly trying to play in the style of Dick Dale I realized the problem was that the guy PLAYS WITH HIS STRINGS UPSIDE DOWN-i.e. left-handed without restringing an upside down guitar or by stringing a lefty backwards!!!!
Apparantly Albert King, Ernie Ball, and the guy from the Super Furry Animals does this too.
I'm a lefty, but does anyone else find this as fantastically weird as me? I mean you have to use your thumb a lot.

jaden101
i can play like that...learned to do it mostly because everyone i know plays right handed where as i'm a lefty

about the best i can do is play jose gonzalez heartbeats upside down...and a wee bit of hallelujah by jeff buckley

some chords are easier upside down and others such as G are a total nightmare

cool_dudes_rule
Kurt Cobain does it as well he use to play it upside down and stuff.

Etrigan
Kurt Cobain wasn't a very good guitarist.

papabeard
Jimi Hendrix and Paul Mcartney.

Some guitarists restring the guitar the opposite way, but Hendrix could play both styles.

Originally posted by Etrigan
Kurt Cobain wasn't a very good guitarist.

Not technically, no , but he played with soul and fire, which is more important than technique if you ask me.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by papabeard
Jimi Hendrix and Paul Mcartney.

Some guitarists restring the guitar the opposite way, but Hendrix could play both styles.

Not technically, no , but he played with soul and fire, which is more important than technique if you ask me. exactly.

Darth Jello
kurt cobain would restring his too. I'm talking about people who don't restring and basically with their strings going the wrong way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.