should should mentally challneged couple be allowed to have children?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROYALGUARD
yes retarded couples if there are any?
If there is a huge % chance that their kids will also be retarded?

I have some trouble answering the question. My usual instincts tell me yes, the government has no business in the private lives of people, but on the other hand, the baby will be an extra burden on society and you are preventing pain and suffering from the childs point of view...

Your views on this?

DiamondBullets
HELLZ NO!

Tards should not reproduce.

Vinny Valentine
Wow this is dis-respectful to a high level.

Originally posted by DiamondBullets
HELLZ NO!

Tards should not reproduce.

Your retarded so don't speak.

ILoveMyDaniel
I already started a thread on this topic.

Lana
You know, there are plenty of people who are mentally challenged who are able to function perfectly well in society and such.

Impediment
I think this oughta be in the GDF, ya think?

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Lana
You know, there are plenty of people who are mentally challenged who are able to function perfectly well in society and such.

Yeah, I mean they aren't all not capable of looking after themselves.

Originally posted by Impediment
I think this oughta be in the GDF, ya think?

Yes

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Wow this is dis-respectful to a high level.

Your retarded so don't speak.

Uh.......that was a weak diss.

Inspectah Deck

Like, only 5% of them

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
5 percent out of the rest of the 95

yes

Lana
5 percent out of the rest of the 95

That doesn't make sense.

And how would you know, with your oh-so-great life experience?

DiamondBullets
That doesn't make sense.

Yes it does. In fact, the percentage is probably even lower.

Just cuz he's a teen, doesn't mean he doesn't how many tards there are in the world.

Inspectah Deck

Because I have a great life experience

DiamondBullets

laughing

My nikka!

Barker
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD

I have some trouble answering the question. My usual instincts tell me yes, the government has no business in the private lives of people, but on the other hand, the baby will be an extra burden on society and you are preventing pain and suffering from the childs point of view...

Your views on this?
All Retarded people but you have my Blessing to F*ck to their heart's content.

Inspectah Deck
Just cuz he's a teen, doesn't mean he doesn't how many tards there are in the world.

laughing

Lana

At the vaunted age of 15.

Right.

Yes it does. In fact, the percentage is probably even lower.

Five out of the remaining 95 makes sense? What version of English - and math - do you know?

And no, I really don't think he knows much about mental retardation and how it effects people. Or he'd know that it's very possible for someone to have a disorder and still get along in life perfectly fine.

DiamondBullets
laughing

Inspectah Deck
laughing

My nikka!

eek!

DiamondBullets

Right.

You're only 5 years older...

Lana
You're only 5 years older...

I'm also a psychology major.

Inspectah Deck

Right.

Five out of the remaining 95 makes sense? What version of English - and math - do you know?

And no, I really don't think he knows much about mental retardation and how it effects people. Or he'd know that it's very possible for someone to have a disorder and still get along in life perfectly fine.

How many retards do you know that can maintain a child, while at the same time, keep them alive?

Inspectah Deck

Like me stick out tongue

DiamondBullets

That's a useless major.

DiamondBullets
How many retards do you know that can maintain a child, while at the same time, keep them alive?

None

Inspectah Deck
None

^co-sign

justjakk
if they are capable enough to say, "i love you" and actually mean it, yes....if they can think that far in aspect of themselves, then i don.t know why they shouldn't.....it would be the same as if you were to ask...."can someone who has no legs be allowed to have children.......if they can take care of themselves and have enough left to take care of another life, then more power to ya.

Lana
That's a useless major.

Not if you're studying to be a psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, counselor, etc....get a clue before talking.

Do you know any retarded people at ALL?

BTW, there's a difference between having a mental disorder and being retarded. Mental retardation is just ONE mental disorder that would make one mentally challenged.

Ronny
You know, there are plenty of people who are mentally challenged who are able to function perfectly well in society and such. Exactly, whos to say anyone is mentally ailed.

Inspectah Deck

Don't assume nothing. I live a block away from a mental institution

Lana

So in other words you probably only know people who have the very worst in the case of being mentally challenged. They're in a very small minority, I hope you realize.

DiamondBullets
Not if you're studying to be a psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, counselor, etc....get a clue before talking.

BTW, there's a difference between having a mental disorder and being retarded. Mental retardation is just ONE mental disorder that would make one mentally challenged.

Unless you go for your Master's, than you'll be working fast food for the rest of your life.

Of course there's more than one mental disorder, but the thread is specifically about tards.

Lana
Unless you go for your Master's, than you'll be working fast food for the rest of your life.

Of course there's more than one mental disorder, but the thread is specifically about tards.

I plan on going for a doctorate. I'm well aware of what sort of qualifications I need to get a job in the field I want to go into.

And anyone with an IQ under 70 is considered mentally retarded, I believe. So what? I know people who have genius IQs that have no business having children. It's completely irrelevant to the ability to raise a child.

DiamondBullets

Holy shit!

So in other words you probably only know people who have the very worst in the case of being mentally challenged. They're in a very small minority, I hope you realize.

excuses, excuses,

the point: he sees a lot of tards.

Lana
excuses, excuses,

the point: he sees a lot of tards.

Not an excuse at all - you cannot base an entire group of people based on a very small minority. That's known as stereotyping and discrimination.

Valharu

Of course there's more than one mental disorder, but the thread is specifically about tards. laughing laughing Excellent. Its hard work raising kids without a handicap.

justjakk
Not an excuse at all - you cannot base an entire group of people based on a very small minority. That's known as stereotyping and discrimination. it would be the same as if i was to say "i saw on the t.v. about how R Kelly rapped some girl, so i would assume all rappers and/or african americans rape girls." that would be a steriotype, but you knew that allready didnt you........saying knowing one who is mentally challenged who would not be suitable for raising a child wouldn.t make all not suitable..

Inspectah Deck

Okay. You still haven't answered my question

DiamondBullets
Not an excuse at all - you cannot base an entire group of people based on a very small minority. That's known as stereotyping and discrimination.

No its not.

The man lives a block from the Mental Motel--he's probably very familiar with tards and knows what he's talkin' about.

Lana
Originally posted by justjakk
it would be the same as if i was to say "i saw on the t.v. about how R Kelly rapped some girl, so i would assume all rappers and/or african americans rape girls." that would be a steriotype, but you knew that allready didnt you........saying knowing one who is mentally challenged who would not be suitable for raising a child would make all not suitable..

I know.

Okay. You still haven't answered my question

I do know someone who is mentally retarded and has a child. And that kid is better raised than most children these days.

No its not.

The man lives a block from the Mental Motel--he's probably very familiar with tards and knows what he's talkin' about.

And as I said - those in a mental institution are usually those with the worst mental disorders and retardation. And that is a very small minority of all people with mental disabilities/retardation.

So no, you cannot judge everyone based on that very small minority.

Inspectah Deck
I know.

I do know someone who is mentally retarded and has a child. And that kid is better raised than most children these days.

Word. Pictures please!

Valharu
I know.

I do know someone who is mentally retarded and has a child. And that kid is better raised than most children these days. One example?

DiamondBullets
I've known a few in my life, and I really don't think someone who drools on them self, and has to wear a helmet and goggles shoud reproduce.

Any one agree?

Inspectah Deck
I've known a few in my life, and I really don't think someone who drools on them self, and has to wear a helment and goggles shoud reproduce.

Any one agree?

I do!

Lana
Originally posted by Valharu
One example?

Well, all they've got to their argument is the fact that Inspectah Deck supposedly lives by a mental institution and therefore has only seen the most severe, and based on that anyone with a mental disability is unfit to raise kids.

If you're dislexic you're considered mentally disabled. Would you like to be told you're unfit to have a kid because you confuse letters and numbers when you read?

Valharu
I've known a few in my life, and I really don't think someone who drools on them self, and has to wear a helment and goggles shoud reproduce.

Any one agree? I agree.

Lana
I've known a few in my life, and I really don't think someone who drools on them self, and has to wear a helmet and goggles shoud reproduce.

Any one agree?

And very very few people who are mentally disabled are like that, as I have said. It's a tiny minority.

Inspectah Deck
If you're dislexic you're considered mentally disabled. Would you like to be told you're unfit to have a kid because you confuse letters and numbers when you read?

Of course I would. Might endanger the child.

Inspectah Deck

laughing

DiamondBullets
Well, all they've got to their argument is the fact that Inspectah Deck supposedly lives by a mental institution and therefore has only seen the most severe, and based on that anyone with a mental disability is unfit to raise kids.

Lady, please. We're talking about tards NOT dyslexics.

Lana
Of course I would. Might endanger the child.

How do you figure that?

Dyslexic people only have trouble reading when they read quickly.

Thread title says mentally challenged.

DiamondBullets
And very very few people who are mentally disabled are like that, as I have said. It's a tiny minority.

My ass!

Lana
My ass!

I'll bet that you wouldn't even be able to recognize a person with mild to average mental retardation. You wouldn't know unless they told you.

justjakk
My ass! lol, thats cute...are you trying to say your backside is a small minority, mentally disabled or both?

DiamondBullets
I'll bet that you wouldn't even be able to recognize a person with mild to average mental retardation. You wouldn't know unless they told you.

Yes I would. A person who is cross-eyed and slurs their speech at a movie theatre at noon probably isn't drunk....

lol, thats cute...are you trying to say your backside is a small minority, mentally disabled or both?

Uh.....that sucked.

Inspectah Deck
How do you figure that?

Dyslexic people only have trouble reading when they read quickly.

For example: Child might have sickle cell trait or some kind of other gene deformation. The mother/father gives the child to much or/and to little of the child's daily pills because the parent can't read the daily amount.

justjakk
Yes I would. A person who is cross-eyed and slurs their speech at a movie theatre at noon probably isn't drunk....

Uh.....that sucked. not as much as you do dear..

Inspectah Deck
Word. Pictures please!

Lana

Uh.....that sucked.

And that would be someone who has severe mental disorders. NOT someone with mild to average mental retardation.

What part of that do you not understand?

And for that matter....I used to work in a movie theater. We always had tons of drunks come in at opening time, which was 11 am weekends, and 1 pm during the week.

DiamondBullets
not as much as you do dear..

You're not funny.

DiamondBullets
And that would be someone who has severe mental disorders. NOT someone with mild to average mental retardation.

What part of that do you not understand?

No, severe would be a 30 year old who wears a helmet, goggles, and is on a leash.

justjakk
You're not funny. you are right, you are far more funny than i am....pretending to know what you are talking about....you dont have a clue what you are typing do
you..

DiamondBullets
you are right, you are far more funny than i am....pretending to know what you are talking about....you dont have a clue what you are typing fo you..

Yes I do. I'm saying that tardos should not reproduce.

Go bug someone else.

LanceWindu

Any one agree?

And I don't think morons who wear sunglasses at night, inside a building while calling his peers "nikka" should be able to reproduce.

You're showing you own mental capacity by calling those with mental retardation "tards". That would be like me calling you a racial slur based on the color of your skin. I don't do that because I am not a bigot. Shut your trap about shit you know nothing about.

I have a cousin with retardation, and a best friend whose uncle has it as well. There are different degrees of severity. Lana is correct, the majority of those with a mental disorder which is not severe heavily outweighs those that are unfit for raising a child.

Lana
No, severe would be a 30 year old who wears a helmet, goggles, and is on a leash.

No, that would ALSO be severe. Not the only example.

you are right, you are far more funny than i am....pretending to know what you are talking about....you dont have a clue what you are typing do
you..

He doesn't.

Inspectah Deck

laughing

No, that would ALSO be severe. Not the only example.

He doesn't.

What do you consider severe?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by LanceWindu
And I don't think morons who wear sunglasses at night, inside a building while calling his peers "nikka" should be able to reproduce.

You're showing you own mental capacity by calling those with mental retardation "tards". That would be like me calling you a racial slur based on the color of your skin. I don't do that because I am not a bigot. Shut your trap about shit you know nothing about.

1) Relevance? And that was weak.

2) How do I not know what I am talking about? Just cuz you don't like it?

justjakk
Yes I do. I'm saying that tardos should not reproduce.

Go bug someone else. well think about it...you are taking a large group and determining them unfit to have children based on a small minority.........and when someone shows you how stupid you are, your only responce is "you suck" and you're not funny."......i never said i was trying to be funny.....i am serious.......you and I.D. claim to know what you are talking about because of a facility down the way.....unless he has toured the faciility, he wouldnt know jack....

DiamondBullets

Mindship
Tell me that the way the thread title is written is a joke.

DiamondBullets
well think about it...you are taking a large group and determining them unfit to have children based on a small minority.........and when someone shows you how stupid you are, your only responce is "you suck" and you're not funny."......i never said i was trying to be funny.....i am serious.......you and I.D. claim to know what you are talking about because of a facility down the way.....unless he has toured the faciility, he wouldnt know jack....

I am clear on my stance that they should not have kids.

^How do I not know what I'm talking about?

Inspectah Deck
you and I.D. claim to know what you are talking about because of a facility down the way.....unless he has toured the faciility, he wouldnt know jack....

the pot calling the kettle black

LanceWindu

1. Relevance...my personal opinion on YOU being the one with the mental disorder and not fit to raise a child.

2. You know jack shit about what you're talking about because you don't have any facts. You're stereotyping those with mental retardation as being "helmet wearing, goggle wearing, people on a leash". You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Valharu
I think Lana and Lance should have their own retards.

Lana

No, because you've factually shown through the thread that you do not know what you're talking about. Not to mention the fact that he has proven that you are wrong.

laughing

Someone with severe mental retardation usually has other mental disabilities as well, and oftentimes will have to live in an institution because they need constant care. They're not the majority by far; they are a very small minority.

Most people who have mental retardation have it very mild and are able to function perfectly fine. They might need help with some things, but for the most part the only thing they really have trouble with is academic things.

Retardation is usually diagnosed when the person is under the age of 18; if someone with mild retardation is able to function independently in the real world, then they are considered to no longer be retarded. For that matter, the vast majority of people with retardation are able to blend in perfectly well with society, and marry and have kids when they are adults, just like everyone else.

DiamondBullets

thumb up

justjakk
I am clear on my stance that they should not have kids.

^How do I not know what I'm talking about? here, let me type slowly for you so you will able to understand me......you are basing your knowledge on a small group...you dont know what you are talking about because you arent mentally challenged........but then i may be wrong, you could be mentally disordered and not think of yourself as fit to raise children......

justjakk
the pot calling the kettle black i am not stating my facts on a facility down the way.....i am stating my facts on living near mintally challenged individuals who are far more intellegent than you will ever be....

DiamondBullets
i am not stating my facts on a facility down the way.....i am stating my facts on living near mintally challenged individuals who are far more intellegent than you will ever be....

mintally challenged?

LanceWindu
thumb up

What's the matter? Nothing more to add to the debate?

DiamondBullets
mintally challenged?

Does that mean they can't tell spearmint from peppermint?

DiamondBullets
What's the matter? Nothing more to add to the debate?

Nothing's wrong--I agree with the man.

justjakk
mintally challenged? yeah mentally challenged....the smart word for "tard" as you put it......yanno "tard" like you

Lana

Oh, what a hurtful insult!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

How old are you? Five?

Must say I'm amused - yet not surprised - by the fact that I answered a question I was asked yet that reply is being totally ignored.

Inspectah Deck
Most people who have mental retardation have it very mild and are able to function perfectly fine. They might need help with some things, but for the most part the only thing they really have trouble with is academic things.

Academical things? That includes math, reading, coordination, signals, etc

LanceWindu
Nothing's wrong--I agree with the man.

Yet you skipped over arguments from Lana and I and have yet to respond. Instead you're resorting to name calling and pointing out spelling mistakes which have nothing at all to do with the ongoing debate. To me this proves you know nothing about the subject and have had to forfeit because you have nothing more to say.

Inspectah Deck
i am stating my facts on living near mintally challenged individuals who are far more intellegent than you will ever be....

laughing out loud Be serious now.

Lana

Coordination and signals are not academic. They are basic motor skills that people can be poor at WITHOUT mental retardation.

DiamondBullets
yeah mentally challenged....the smart word for "tard" as you put it......yanno "tard" like you

roll eyes (sarcastic) Dude, please. You owned yourself with that stupid typo.

Now silence.

btw:There's a Quick Spellcheck down near Submit Reply--try using it.

justjakk
Academical things? That includes math, reading, coordination, signals, etc come on dude......if you want to get into academics......there are grandparents who still cant add and write or read becase they were never taught, but they were able to raise children.....oh yeah, and they werent mentally disabled.....

DiamondBullets
Yet you skipped over arguments from Lana and I and have yet to respond. Instead you're resorting to name calling and pointing out spelling mistakes which have nothing at all to do with the ongoing debate. To me this proves you know nothing about the subject and have had to forfeit because you have nothing more to say.

Ok, ask me a relevant question.

LanceWindu

Academics does not include coordination. Besides even if they do have trouble learning, it does not mean they can't learn, it just means they learn at a slower pace than most others.

There is the small percentage who can't learn, who are the severe cases, but they are few and far between.

justjakk

Now silence.

btw:There's a Quick Spellcheck down near Submit Reply--try using it. try being a little less idiotic when you make statements...i know for you that would be hard, but you can allways try cant you?

Lana

Now silence.

btw:There's a Quick Spellcheck down near Submit Reply--try using it.

Holy crap, he made a typo. It's the end of the world.

I'd rather make a typo or two than have to rely on the spellcheck.

DiamondBullets
come on dude......if you want to get into academics......there are grandparents who still cant add and write or read becase they were never taught, but they were able to raise children.....oh yeah, and they werent mentally disabled.....

That's because they were never taught, however he's talking about the ones who are incapable of learning.

Valharu
Oh, what a hurtful insult!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

How old are you? Five?

Must say I'm amused - yet not surprised - by the fact that I answered a question I was asked yet that reply is being totally ignored. If you feel the need to be all knowing on the situation I would have thought very personal first hand experience would be right up your alley.

DiamondBullets
try being a little less idiotic when you make statements...i know for you that would be hard, but you can allways try cant you?

That was a sorry comeback.

Inspectah Deck
Coordination and signals are not academic. They are basic motor skills that people can be poor at WITHOUT mental retardation.

Fair enough

come on dude......if you want to get into academics......there are grandparents who still cant add and write or read becase they were never taught, but they were able to raise children.....oh yeah, and they werent mentally disabled.....

Woah. Where did that analogy come from? blink

Lana
That's because they were never taught, however he's talking about the ones who are incapable of learning.

And they're NOT incapable of learning, as has been said already. In fact, most kids with mild retardation spend most of their school time in a regular classroom. They can learn just fine, they just struggle and need extra help. Plenty of people who AREN'T mentally retarded have trouble learning things as well.

Really. If you're going to ask a question of someone, why don't you actually read the answer instead of completely dismissing it because it completely kills any weak argument you might have had?

mysterio69
well, judging by the ignorance of many of the replies in this topic, it seems as though many MENTALLY CHALLENGED people have had children, who can suprisingly type.

justjakk
]Originally posted by DiamondBullets
That's because they were never taught, however he's talking about the ones who are incapable of learning. thats not what he typed and you know it....unless you cant read....he says they all shouldnt be able to have children....now unless you want everyone to know how useless you are....you should be the one to cease your mindless dribble....and i dont want to depend on a spellcheck to correct me, i have scholars like you who will do it for the sake of argument

justjakk
That was a sorry comeback. you're a sorry individual for even continuing this even after you know that you are wrong...

LanceWindu
Ok, ask me a relevant question.

Who has the mental retardation? A 10 year old girl who is an accomplished musician and excels in the classroom or a 10 year old girl who can't play an instrument and has low grades.

Tell me who you would say is mentally challenged.

justjakk
Fair enough

Woah. Where did that analogy come from? blink you hear it all the time.....why do you think they came up with Hooked on Phonics? you must live under a rock or in a hole in the ground or something not to know about life outside.....or do you just stay on the computer all the time?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by mysterio69
well, judging by the ignorance of many of the replies in this topic, it seems as though many MENTALLY CHALLENGED people have had children, who can suprisingly type.

What ignorance?

Just because I don't retards (and I'm not talking about dyslexics) should not reproduce makes me ignorant?

Some one like Forrest Gump: maybe

Those "athletes" in The Ringer: certainly not!

DiamondBullets
you're a sorry individual for even continuing this even after you know that you are wrong...

No I'm not.

DiamondBullets
Who has the mental retardation? A 10 year old girl who is an accomplished musician and excels in the classroom or a 10 year old girl who can't play an instrument and has low grades.

Neither--not everyone is musically inclined and she just needs to pay attention and stop playing grab-ass when the teacher is talking.

justjakk
No I'm not. and you cant type either....typo or retard?

mysterio69
What ignorance?

Just because I don't retards (and I'm not talking about dyslexics) should not reproduce makes me ignorant?

ignorance because you assume that someone who is challenged has no quality of life or the capacity to care for a child, when that is bull crap. and the fact that you use examples of those individuals based on a f*cking johnny knoxville movie.

DiamondBullets
and you cant type either....typo or retard?

Show me where I'm wrong?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by mysterio69
ignorance because you assume that someone who is challenged has no quality of life or the capacity to care for a child, when that is bull crap. and the fact that you use examples of those individuals based on a f*cking johnny knoxville movie.

Whoa, whoa! I never said they have "no quality of life"--I said they shouldn't raise kids.

justjakk
Show me where I'm wrong?

What ignorance?

roll eyes (sarcastic) just because you dont retards.....hmmm

DiamondBullets

DiamondBullets
roll eyes (sarcastic) just because you dont retards.....hmmm

Where am I wrong in my stance/opinions?

Valharu
Show me where I'm wrong? I don't think your wrong, but when you get shot down on all sides why bother with them. Move on to a new thread and have a laugh and let the others feel Superior for a day.

DiamondBullets
I don't think your wrong, but when you get shot down on all sides why bother with them. Move on to a new thread and have a laugh and let the others feel Superior for a day.

erm maybe.

Lana
Whoa, whoa! I never said they have "no quality of life"--I said they shouldn't raise kids.

And basically you are saying that you don't think someone with mental retardation is able to support the quality of life that is needed to raise a kid.

You know what? A lot of people who AREN'T mentally retarded can't properly raise a kid either. All those stories you hear on the news about kids who are neglected/abused? Those parents are perfectly normal people. A bit messed in the head, but not retarded.

How would you like it if you were told that you were not fit to raise a kid because of something you can't help and that has very little impact on your life?

justjakk
Where am I wrong in my stance/opinions? i wasnt quoting your stance...i was quoting your grammar.....you cant read, therefore you cant possibly know what your talking about....you want to diss others for errors....how do you like it when yours is pointed out? spellcheck cant fix ignorance...

LanceWindu
Neither--not everyone is musically inclined and she just needs to pay attention and stop playing grab-ass when the teacher is talking.

Wrong.

The musically inclined straight A student is the one with the mental handicap. Clinically diagnosed, yet she is leaps and bounds beyond others her own age without retardation. I've seen it in real life, and I'd be damned if I'd let some non-handicapped person without the will to learn (call it ignorance wink) raise a child, yet the supposed mentally ill person has shown the responsibility needed to become a parent.

DiamondBullets
i wasnt quoting your stance...i was quoting your grammar.....you cant read, therefore you cant possibly know what your talking about....you want to diss others for errors....how do you like it when yours is pointed out? spellcheck cant fix ignorance...

The word "ignorance" is over used and misused.

"I don't like what he said!--Oh my God, he must be ignorant!"

please....

Inspectah Deck
you hear it all the time.....why do you think they came up with Hooked on Phonics? you must live under a rock or in a hole in the ground or something not to know about life outside.....or do you just stay on the computer all the time?

confused

And basically you are saying that you don't think someone with mental retardation is able to support the quality of life that is needed to raise a kid.

You know what? A lot of people who AREN'T mentally retarded can't properly raise a kid either. All those stories you hear on the news about kids who are neglected/abused? Those parents are perfectly normal people. A bit messed in the head, but not retarded.

How would you like it if you were told that you were not fit to raise a kid because of something you can't help and that has very little impact on your life?

So a person who can't even remember what they did a minute ago is better suited for raising a child?

Lana
confused

So a person who can't even remember what they did a minute ago is better suited for raising a child?

That's called having a poor memory. Which does not make one mentally retarded.

FFS. You really don't have any idea as to what you're talking about.

DiamondBullets
Wrong.

The musically inclined straight A student is the one with the mental handicap. Clinically diagnosed, yet she is leaps and bounds beyond others her own age without retardation. I've seen it in real life, and I'd be damned if I'd let some non-handicapped person without the will to learn (call it ignorance wink) raise a child, yet the supposed mentally ill person has shown the responsibility needed to become a parent.

I'm sure the person who started this thread wasn't concerned or talking about people who are dyslexic or have "learning disabilities"--he was talking about stumbling, drooling, you-can't-understand-'em, retards.

justjakk
The word "ignorance" is over used and misused.

"I don't like what he said!--Oh my God, he must be ignorant!"

please.... now tell me this, you like questions.....how did i missuse the word "ignorant"? i told you that you are ignorant because you want to put down those whom you think is lesser than you...you also down someone because of a typing error, but you have still not answered for your mistake....like i said " spellcheck cant fix ignorance". your ignorance comes from not being able to form understandable text.....you have yet to answer," just becaue you ""what:"" retards"?

Valharu
I'm sure the person who started this thread wasn't concerned or talking about people who are dyslexic or have "learning disabilities"--he was talking about stumbling, drooling, you-can't-understand-'em, retards. That was my impression.

Inspectah Deck

There has been many cases in which the mentally ill excel regular kids in certain subjects.

But things like those hardly mean they can raise a child.

mysterio69
confused

there are many people who aren't "retarded" who can't remember what they did a minute ago. and not all mentally challenged people have that affliction. it seems like only the most extreme cases of the mentally challenged are being used here. many of those individuals are more caring, loving and responsible than most "normal" people.
and seriously...if a person has a serious physical and mental disability, the chances of them having sex and producing children are very slim anyways.

Lana
I'm sure the person who started this thread wasn't concerned or talking about people who are dyslexic or have "learning disabilities"--he was talking about stumbling, drooling, you-can't-understand-'em, retards.

And as I have been saying throughout the entire thread.....people with severe mental disabilities are in a very small minority.

There has been many cases in which the mentally ill excel regular kids in certain subjects.

But things like those hardly mean they can raise a child.

Really, I want to know....who are you to decide who's fit to raise a child or not, anyway? You're still a child yourself.

DiamondBullets
now tell me this, you like questions.....how did i missuse the word "ignorant"? i told you that you are ignorant because you want to put down those whom you think is lesser than you...you also down someone because of a typing error, but you have still not answered for your mistake....like i said " spellcheck cant fix ignorance". your ignorance comes from not being able to form understandable text.....you have yet to answer," just becaue you ""what:"" retards"?

I wasn't talking about you personally, I'm talking about folks in general. Just because someone doesn't like something or is head-strong about a certain issue you don't agree with doesn't make them ignorant.

Ignorance is not knowing. I personally never take shots in the dark or make blind assumptions--if I don't like something, its for a reason.

Inspectah Deck
That's called having a poor memory. Which does not make one mentally retarded.

FFS. You really don't have any idea as to what you're talking about.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Schizophenia is one of the many symptons of mental illness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retardation

AOR
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD

Your views on this?

No person is a "burden" to society. Ever. Regardless of sexual, mental, or social status. If the couple are married, than it is by both divine and mundane right for them to show that love towards one another. If they produce children, than good for them. If anything, we could use the kindness, innocence, and perhaps candidness of a mentally retarded person.

Lana
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Schizophenia is one of the many symptons of mental illness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retardation

Schizophrenia is a mental illness by itself, and is not related to retardation. It can be a symptom of severe retardation but otherwise is completely unrelated.

DiamondBullets

Nope. A person with Alzheimer's is DEFINATELY not fit to raise a child, much-less an infant.

Inspectah Deck
Really, I want to know....who are you to decide who's fit to raise a child or not, anyway? You're still a child yourself.

Says the girl who dresses up in Final Fantasy costumes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please don't contradict yourself.

Inspectah Deck
Schizophrenia is a mental illness by itself, and is not related to retardation. It can be a symptom of severe retardation but otherwise is completely unrelated.

You can read, right?

DiamondBullets
Schizophrenia is a mental illness by itself, and is not related to retardation.

Exactly, we're talking about retards--not nutcases.

LanceWindu

No the person who started this thread was talking about all mental retardation, he didn't specify the severe case.

Quit trying to weasel out of the hole you're in by trying to find a loophole.

justjakk
I wasn't talking about you personally, I'm talking about folks in general. Just because someone doesn't like something or is head-strong about a certain issue you don't agree with doesn't make them ignorant.

Ignorance is not knowing. I personally never take shots in the dark or make blind assumptions--if I don't like something, its for a reason. you still havent answered my question.....i dont give a care what your views are, but you dont even seem to be reading anything anyone is typing....i didnt call you ignorant because of your views. i called you ignorant because you made a judgement of my typing, yet you made an error of your own....you stated that i should use the spellcheck....the phrase you made cannot be corrected by spellcheck....

DiamondBullets
No the person who started this thread was talking about all mental retardation, he didn't specify the severe case.

Quit trying to weasel out of the hole you're in by trying to find a loophole.

How do you know what his intentions were?

DiamondBullets
you still havent answered my question.....i dont give a care what your views are, but you dont even seem to be reading anything anyone is typing....i didnt call you ignorant because of your views. i called you ignorant because you made a judgement of my typing, yet you made an error of your own....you stated that i should use the spellcheck....the phrase you made cannot be corrected by spellcheck....

Then there should be a Sentence Check. erm no expression

LanceWindu

What kind of question is this?! laughing You're the one saying his intentions were for only severe cases. You idiotic hypocrite. laughing

How do I know his intention? I'm going by what he posted, not assuming otherwise.

Wow...you sure are stupid.

XxLuvMe4MexX
Hm... on topic. stick out tongue I think that mentally challenged people should be able to have children, if their problem is mild enough to where they know how to take care of it... now if their case was severe, then I don't think it'd be a bright idea to do so. no expression

justjakk
Then there should be a Sentence Check. erm no expression bravo, you finally read something and made an intellegent answer...now, prove to me what fact do you have (other than showing from a minority) that the mentally challenged cannot raise children

Lana

Please don't contradict yourself.

Oh, because I like to make costumes I'm a child?

I see no contradiction in my statement of you being still a child, since you are only 15, and the fact that I'm 20 and have hobbies that a few people think are silly, despite the fact that they are ones that can - and do - make me money, and are ones that will not get me in any trouble.

Not to mention the fact that you know jackshit about my real life. I have a four year old sister and nearly three year old brother, who I have been a second mother to. I KNOW I am able to raise a child, and also know that it is not something that I wish to do at my age. But I wouldn't tell someone else they were unfit to have kids for the simple fact that they might have mental retardation.

Exactly, we're talking about retards--not nutcases.

I didn't bring up schizophrenia, your little buddy did.

You can read, right?

Yeah, and I know enough to know that wikipedia's not the best source in the world.

Because of course you do, right?

Pot, meet kettle.

Inspectah Deck
yes

I see contradiction though. Grow up before you call someone a child.

And I care because...?

You don't have a mental illness so you don't count

AOR
Never in my life have I EVER seen four burns dished SO badly, to FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE. no expression I stand with Lana on this one. None of you seem to have proven that mental retarded people can't raise babies. Parental care isn't something you LEARN/TEACH, it is an inner knowledge that surfaces when needed be. And EVERYONE has, not just "heallthy" minded people.

DiamondBullets
What kind of question is this?! laughing You're the one saying his intentions were for only severe cases. You idiotic hypocrite. laughing

How do I know his intention? I'm going by what he posted, not assuming otherwise.

Wow...you sure are stupid.

No, I admit I'm assuming. After all, why we would he be concerned about the "mild" ones.

bravo, you finally read something and made an intellegent answer...now, prove to me what fact do you have (other than showing from a minority) that the mentally challenged cannot raise children

I don't have any facts--I'm stating my opinion. I don't believe a 30 year old on a leash shoud pass on his/her genes. Maybe you do...

AOR
"And I care because...?

You don't have a mental illness so you don't count

If your counter points can not raise higher than "you don't count" and "I care because", than perhaps you need to grow up, and read a book.

Neither do you, so you can go defenestrate yourself.

mysterio69
No, I admit I'm assuming. After all, why we would he be concerned about the "mild" ones.

I don't have any facts--I'm stating my opinion. I don't believe a 30 year old on a leash shoud pass on his/her genes. Maybe you do...
30 yr. old on a leash? was that in the movie too?

DiamondBullets

Are you serious???

I had no idea! laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>