Carmine Folcone:Would he of pulled it off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
What if Batman Begins just had Carmine Folcone and his mob as the villians in Batman Begins? I thought it would work quite well,Afterall this movie was more about the origin of Batman and not the villians,so it wouldn't of hurt to have the enimies a bit more ''low key'' so to speak......

NoFate007
It wouldn't be as good. They aren't as big of a threat as what Ra's had planned. I think it might've been a good movie, but not as good as the way it is now.

Scarecrow756
I quite agree, adding Scarecrow and Ra Al Gaul added depth to the movie. And as NoFate had said there would not have been a bigger threat if Folcone was a lone villain.

Knightfall93
I think the rpoblem would be Batman could just kick in a load of thugs easily and stroll through to beat Falcone up. But ffor a short fan film or in a very dark Batman seriees, they coud ull off a good deal of mob... especially if they had a gang war... Roman Sionis, Cobblepot, Maroni, Falcone... Escabedo, Glante... Gotham IS a mob town, even years later, they have major mafia branches for Christ's sake./.. Yakuza, triads, you name it!

Zarathustra
Originally posted by Knightfall93
I think the rpoblem would be Batman could just kick in a load of thugs easily and stroll through to beat Falcone up. But ffor a short fan film or in a very dark Batman seriees, they coud ull off a good deal of mob... especially if they had a gang war... Roman Sionis, Cobblepot, Maroni, Falcone... Escabedo, Glante... Gotham IS a mob town, even years later, they have major mafia branches for Christ's sake./.. Yakuza, triads, you name it!
Right, because in comics Batman dealt with Falcone in about twenty minutes and totally didn't need to spend two years trying to take him down with no success whatsoever, only to have him actually go down when Harvey Dent murdered him after a series of events that never actually yielded a victory for the protagonist roll eyes (sarcastic) . Really, how much value was added to the film because Batman found the time to fight ninjas and do battle on a speeding train? City-threatening hallucinogens and lots of explosions is typical, cliched, action movie crap. There's nothing wrong with it but it doesn't make a movie any better.
To think that a man who dresses up as a bat and fights crime couldn't be sufficiently challenged in a plot by a man with Falcone's resources (effectively having sole control over Gotham's underworld) is simply idiotic. Sure, Falcone as the chief antagonist wouldn't have yielded a poorly edited fight scene for the climax, but somehow the movie would have limped along, possibly with the man billed as "the World's Greatest Detective" using his brain for a couple minutes to gather evidence against his enemy, rather than winning a victory based solely on brawn after all the vital information is spoon-fed to him.

Knightfall93
Ummm... it was a lot more complicated than "standrad action movie crap"

Impediment
Batman needs villains who are just regular guys without some colorful scheme to their crimes, you know? Gotham needs gangsters, too.

Knightfall93
Yeah. But it would've been dull w/ just Falcone. No, FALCONE would not HAVE pulled it off. K Diddy, please use proper grammar and spelling...

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Syndicate_Lord
Yeah. But it would've been dull w/ just Falcone. No, FALCONE would not HAVE pulled it off. K Diddy, please use proper grammar and spelling...

I think he would of smile

Please dont correct me on my spelling and grammer again,thanks smile

Syndicate_Lord
Well, I don't think he would HAVE...people who say "would of" sound like illiterate retards...

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
Well, I don't think he would HAVE...people who say "would of" sound like illiterate retards...

blabla

willRules
I don't thik it would have worked personally...................

Dark Shazam93
Indeed. It sounds more like a Frank Miller kinda thing! It would lose any sense of the word "Blockbuster" that BB has. I think, to be honest, the fact that it wasnt a summer blockbuster helped... it was more a fan's and adult's movie...

K.Diddy
I think this should be discussed more

Dark Shazam93
I think that it shouldn't and that you need to learn proper English and grammar etc...

K.Diddy
Well,I think that it should.......

Dark Shazam93
Of course you do, you made this crappy off topic thread in the 1st place...

01ZERO
JUST CARMINE FALCONE? HOW ABOUT NO CARMINE FALCONE.

IF HE WASNT IN THE ORIGINAL COMICS THEY SHOULD HAVE USED A GANGSTER WHO WAS ACTUALLY IN THE ORIGINAL BATMAN COMICS INSTEAD OF A BUNCH OF RANDOM NEW ONES WITH NO CHARACTER FOR NO ****ING REASON.

Originally posted by HellMaster93

i must say, it does have a kind of boring just kick in a load of thugs easily and stroll through to beat Falcone up... before you think about all the guns and knives and bruising thugs...

NO BATMAN FAN FILM IS STRAIGHT FOWARD. IT ALWAYS BATMAN VS THE JOKER VS CATWOMAN VS SUPERMAN VS ALIEN VS PREDETOR ECT..

HellMaster93
Falcone WAS a very good comics character. Next your going to say you've never read Year One or even The Long Halloween/ Dark Victory...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.