Dragonforce

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarecrow756
Who has ever heard of this band. I think they absoulty awsome I currently own their first albuim Valley of the Dammed, which is brillent beyond words. Tell me what you think of them. And do not forget to vote.

The Highlord
What I think is almost beyond words eek! I got all their albmumes, and I listend to them everyday, I absolutly love them, they goit such great melodies, such a good singer, and the guitar player is out of this world! they have such a good uplifting feel to their tunes that I cant stop listening, and I wanna thank Deano for letting me know about their exsistance wink

SnakeEyes
I heard about this band around a month ago. I think they're pretty good. I don't listen to them all the time or worship them or anything, but they're decent.

Is it just me, or does their lead singer sound a LOT like Phil Collins?

Scarecrow756
I would like to thank my mates Harvey Deeks and Tom Murphey for getting me into Dragonforce.

Scarecrow756
By the way Cool sig Highlord where did you get it.

Bardiel13
I'm a power metal fan to the core \m/ DragonForce wins.

The Highlord
got it from their website stick out tongue you guys heard the new song called Revolution Deathsquad? its really great! the guitar solo sorta reminds me of early 90's consol video game music in a way, its really fun smile

Scarecrow756
When I first heard their demo version of Valley of the Dammed it reminded me of the music used for the Sonic games for some strange reason.

CommandahKeen
I've had Valley of the Damned for a few years. I don't really care for it. Modern power metal bores me with a few exceptions.

Scarecrow756
Like who? wink

Scarecrow756
I just got their new album Inhuman Rampage and it totally rocks rock rock rock rock rock

Df02
like eating chocolate cake, small bites are good but if you eat the whole cake you get sick

Etrigan
Absolutely incredible band.

Herman Lee roxxorz.

Scarecrow756
What albuims do you have of theirs Etrigan?

nick1811
i probably would like them if they got a better singer

Scarecrow756
Their singer cool.

daTROOF
corny. as. ****.

daTROOF has spoken

Etrigan
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
What albuims do you have of theirs Etrigan?

No albums, but several songs on my PC.

And to Nick1811, their singer is incredible.

Scarecrow756
Whats your favourite song of theirs Etrigan? Mine is Valley of the Dammed.

nick1811
Originally posted by Etrigan
No albums, but several songs on my PC.

And to Nick1811, their singer is incredible.

well, in my opinion, he sounds gay

nick1811
no offence

Etrigan
Whats your favourite song of theirs Etrigan? Mine is Valley of the Dammed.

Yeah, excellent song. Fields of Despair is great too.

And how the hell does he "sound gay?" High voice? What's wrong with that?

Bad Boy
It's gay :P

Scarecrow756
Please I do not want this thread to turn into a hate thread.

Bad Boy
Sorry dood, only joking!

Scarecrow756
Okay.

Imaginary
I saw a guy wearing a tshirt yesterday at the airport.

The Pict
wearing a t shirt?? surely not.
Dragonforce are incredible.

Scarecrow756
Hay Pict do you have any of their albums?

The Highlord
I recently saw their video for Trough The fire and Flames, omg you should see Herman play the guitar its crazy I fell of my chair!

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by The Highlord
I recently saw their video for Trough The fire and Flames, omg you should see Herman play the guitar its crazy I fell of my chair!

I have seen that video too, it is cool.

SnakeEyes
Dragonforce is a decent band. I have one question, though... Are they meant to be taken seriously? Because they kind of make me laugh with their songs about dragons and such. I mean, their guitar work and drums and so forth sound great and they can be fun to listen to. Yet, at the same time, I find them comical and humorous. I need to be in the right mood to listen to them.

The Pict
Hay Pict do you have any of their albums?

sorry i took so long to reply and yes i have inhuman rampage. i just got into them pretty recently and ill buy more when i get paid. did any of you guys read the metal hammer interview with sam totman and herman li last month

The Pict
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dragonforce is a decent band. I have one question, though... Are they meant to be taken seriously? Because they kind of make me laugh with their songs about dragons and such. I mean, their guitar work and drums and so forth sound great and they can be fun to listen to. Yet, at the same time, I find them comical and humorous. I need to be in the right mood to listen to them.

take them very seriously they play some of the fastest solos you will ever hear

punk
punk
punk

RedAlertv2
That doesnt mean they dont sound cheesy

The Pict
what's cheesy about them? they sound like a proper metal band to me.

RedAlertv2
What Im saying is just because they play fast solos doesnt mean they are to be taken seriously.

The Pict
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
What Im saying is just because they play fast solos doesnt mean they are to be taken seriously.

should they play slow solos to be taken seriously??

The Highlord
Love fantasy lyrics big grin

Slay
I don't think they really want to be taken seriously.I mean a band inspired to by 90's videogames soundtracks,and 'the catchiest bands ever' don't really sound that serious to me.Of course they put their hearts in their music.

The Pict
you have a very good point there, mate!!

C-Dic
I had to resurrect this. I took a listen to these guys this afternoon, and started laughing immediately. That said, I don't know what's more amusing...their music, or the reviews they've recieved.

Metal Hammer UK - "Dragonforce is metal as ****. They're going to be massive"

Kerrang - "Dragonforce has brough power metal back to the forefront".

Who in the hell wanted it back there? They sound like they make soundtracks for video games like Sonic the ****ing Hedgehog! ARRGH! Not only that, but they're incredibly Maiden-esque, almost too much.

Outcesticide
"ON THE WINGS OF A DREAM!!!" laughing

I know man but you gotta admit that everything else is just great...even if they do look kinda corny and most of their songs sound like music that would be played in video games and Animes.
Can't wait to watch them live though.....

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by Outcesticide
"ON THE WINGS OF A DREAM!!!" laughing

I know man but you gotta admit that everything else is just great...even if they do look kinda corny and most of their songs sound like music that would be played in video games and Animes.
Can't wait to watch them live though.....

Ah lucky, when are you seeing them live?

guitar dude 69
im tryin 2 get tickets so i can go and rock out with my chums

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by guitar dude 69
im tryin 2 get tickets so i can go and rock out with my chums

If we ever get to go it will the best experince of our young lives. rock

guitar dude 69
damn straight scarecrow

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by guitar dude 69
damn straight scarecrow

Thats if we ever go.

The Pict
i am trying to get tickets to the December gig over here, i know someone who is selling 2.

Mišt
Hmm, I just checked them out today, I like Valley of the Damned, but jeez....the guitar work is cool, but the vocals are way too cheesy..

Phazon
I have Tickets to the concert in Sweden big grin

Flamboyant4Life
DragonForce is amazing.

RedAlertv2
Herman Li is a beast but Dragonforce can get boring fast

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by C-Dic
but they're incredibly Maiden-esque, almost too much.
I don't think they sound anything like Iron Maiden.

SnakeEyes
Dragonforce is a decent band. They're guitarists are pretty amazing, but too much Dragonforce is really easy to listen to. Basically, it doesn't take a whole lot of their music before I get sick of them. I'm not too fond of their singer either. He sounds like Phil Collins.
I do still like the band, but in moderation.

Swe_Bum
Are you kidding me?! You cant get enough! I'm like Addicted to Dragonforce!! I cant get enough!! Ever!!! rock big grin

Slay
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIiJYHRFpvE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRtlG5Bs1R0

Hear the obvious resemblences in these two songs.
Dragonforce lack creativity...

Alpha Centauri
Dragonforce is a decent band. They're guitarists are pretty amazing, but too much Dragonforce is really easy to listen to. Basically, it doesn't take a whole lot of their music before I get sick of them. I'm not too fond of their singer either. He sounds like Phil Collins.
I do still like the band, but in moderation.

Their guitarists are just fast. They did a video for guitar world and they're as sloppy as seconds.

-AC

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by Slay
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIiJYHRFpvE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wRtlG5Bs1R0

Hear the obvious resemblences in these two songs.
Dragonforce lack creativity... Those Videos Rock! rock
And so what? The music is still Good..

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Their guitarists are just fast. They did a video for guitar world and they're as sloppy as seconds.

-AC

I've seen many live videos of them on youtube and they're pretty good. Not really that sloppy at all. Although they do jump around wildly on stage, so that could cause any sloppiness you're talking about.

Alpha Centauri
I've seen many live videos of them on youtube and they're pretty good. Not really that sloppy at all. Although they do jump around wildly on stage, so that could cause any sloppiness you're talking about.

No, they were sitting down doing a demonstration for Guitar World and all they did were repeated arpeggios with extra notes hammered in, then sped up.

I can see why it impresses people who don't know better.

-AC

~Flamboyant~

-AC Actually, I have to agree with that. But, I think that sometimes just really fast playing sounds cooler than perfection.

Scarecrow756
Here is Dragonforce`s new video for their brillent song Operation Ground And Pound, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywxm6zLEjFY

Scarecrow756
I liked the video but I hate how they cut out the remaing 2. 44 minutes of it. I hope they realese a uncut video some time soon.

Clone
isn't the guitarist always soloing?

RedAlertv2
Yep even in his sleep

Clone
Cool.

Myth
What is their best song? I think I might download one to test them out.

SnakeEyes
I quite like the song "Body Breakdown" off their newest record.

Myth
They're a little 1 dimensional, aren't they. Seems like they generally only know one speed and it gets old real fast. They are good at what they do, but I think I need a little more variety to be a big fan.

Deano
starfire is the best song.

i new this band would be big. i heard em when they very first came out

Scarecrow756
I think that Valley Of The Dammed is their best song.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Myth
They're a little 1 dimensional, aren't they. Seems like they generally only know one speed and it gets old real fast. They are good at what they do, but I think I need a little more variety to be a big fan.

Yeah, I tend to agree. wink

Nellinator
Originally posted by Myth
Yep.

Swe_Bum
Woooh! 27 Oct They Play here in Sweden!!! Some one els going to see them live? rock

The Core
No, they were sitting down doing a demonstration for Guitar World and all they did were repeated arpeggios with extra notes hammered in, then sped up.

I can see why it impresses people who don't know better.

-AC

I saw the very same segment on the Guitar World channel on cable. All they did was demonstrate a solo, more or less. Not really enough to base an opinion pertaining to one's craftsmanship. Personally, my stance on the band has changed since my last post. I caught a couple of videos, downloaded a few more tracks. I can get past the cheese factor, given at 28, I'm of the hair metal era. Herman Li, unquestionably, is a guitar virtuoso, and from every aspect.

I mean, ****. The guy can imitate Pac Man sounds on his guitar.

That's metal.

office jesus
I heard about this band around a month ago. I think they're pretty good. I don't listen to them all the time or worship them or anything, but they're decent.

Is it just me, or does their lead singer sound a LOT like Phil Collins?

Nah. He sounds like Journey's frontman to me.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Core
I saw the very same segment on the Guitar World channel on cable. All they did was demonstrate a solo, more or less. Not really enough to base an opinion pertaining to one's craftsmanship. Personally, my stance on the band has changed since my last post. I caught a couple of videos, downloaded a few more tracks. I can get past the cheese factor, given at 28, I'm of the hair metal era. Herman Li, unquestionably, is a guitar virtuoso, and from every aspect.

I mean, ****. The guy can imitate Pac Man sounds on his guitar.

That's metal.

Herman Li can do all the speedy tricks and Pac Man sounds he wants, it'll never be as good or as "metal" as James Hetfield standing there playing Master of Puppets. Not that it even matters, I just prefer substance over style.

-AC

The Core
I tend to think Li's a little more proficient than you're giving him credit. Nobodies tossing him up on a pedestal, just giving credit where credit is due. With that thinking, where does that leave Malmsteen, Satriani, Vai, Frehley, or Van Halen? There's a difference between guys that are bonafide virtuoso's and guys that are straight up guitarists, neither of which claim to be the other.

Alpha Centauri
Van Halen is not only technically out of reach to over 90% of all guitarists, but he's not ALL flash, he just can be flashy. That said, when he performs Eruption, he's impressing people who actually know their shit. I've always said that whilst I respect Satch and Vai, they've never really made music I enjoy, I don't act like they're mad songwriters. As for Malmsteen, I can't stand him.

Herman Li mostly impresses the guys that turn up to the gigs wielding plastic axes, by jumping around and playing really fast. I'm not saying he isn't proficient, I'm saying people give him too much credit. If you think he's good, great, I just think it's a bit too easy to get impressed by guitarists nowadays.

Jimi Hendrix was playing otherworldly shit with his teeth, blowing people like Townshend and Clapton out of the water back when there were maybe a handful of people that were revered on the instrument. Nowadays every teen thinks that their favourite metal band's guitarist is the best in the world. If you scour the lengths of the net, you'll find someone who thinks the guys from Atreyu are the best, or Synyster Gates, or some other random. Infact, going back to Van Halen, he spawned the tapping technique that most of these metal guitarists, including Dragonforce's, impress people with. Just to a lesser degree.

Li even said it himself, that bit he performed for GuitarWorld was just an arpeggio with a few added notes. Yet if he just busted that out, you could be ONE person would think he was a god.

-AC

§P0oONY
Just thought I'd bump this thread because I've been listening to them quite a lot recently.

I like them, yet I can accept that the majority of their songs sound very similar. They are pretty talented musicians though, the vocals are clean and the bass it half decent. When it comes to the drums; I can't say I'm a huge fan of them. He's a bit trigger happy with the old double bass pedal. The guitars, even if not to your taste you have to appreciate it; they're mental, it may be very basic (and I don't believe it is) but with it's speed and with the vocals it's a nice mix.

I only wish the band would write a few more slow songs... Like Starfire or Trail Of Broken Hearts.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by The Highlord
What I think is almost beyond words eek! I got all their albmumes, and I listend to them everyday, I absolutly love them, they goit such great melodies, such a good singer, and the guitar player is out of this world! they have such a good uplifting feel to their tunes that I cant stop listening, and I wanna thank Deano for letting me know about their exsistance wink

100% Agree.

At the moment, Valley of the Damned is my Favorite song.

simonrob123
i love them
Into the fires of forever we will fly through the heavens With the power of the universe we stand strong together

homer2.0
i like them there song are cool. especiall the guitar player. his fingers are on crack. that doesn't seem possible. but there great

ShoLeigh84
I love them, it's like eighties rock remixed for the 21st century! The guitarist is awesome, I first heard of Dragonforce when I saw him getting the Dimebag award. band

Leper_Messiah
I think that their guitarists, Sam Totman and Hernman Li are great.

..only reason I know their names is because of the poster I have up in my room of the cover of the shred issue of the guitar world.

Alpha Centauri
If you actually watch videos of them, they're extremely sloppy.

-AC

RedAlertv2
The only video Ive seen where they seemed really sloppy was the one where Sam flat out tripped over Herman and was offscreen for about 30 secs, only to return with his guitar badly out of tune.

The Core
I've seen 3 videos, one of which had the windows, showing the close-up's? They were shot seperately, but still, incredible.

BTW..kid hacked his PS2 and added "Through the Fire and Flames" for Guitar Hero.

wV0qM6-HLuk

ShoLeigh84
What do you mean by they're sloppy? confused

Pezmerga
I prefer Dream Theater. Or even Megadeth.

Swe_Bum
Dragonforce pwns stick out tongue I saw them in Okt 06 they where amazing big grin

Mr Shindiggery
Just picked up their new album Ultimate Beatdown today, its very good.

chillmeistergen
I think they're shit.

geshien
Great albums, not so much live.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.