The Dark Tower Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarshewa
Who Out there enjoyed these books,and do you think they should\could turn this series into a live action movie?

I wonder would play a good roland?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Jarshewa
Who Out there enjoyed these books,and do you think they should\could turn this series into a live action movie?

I wonder would play a good roland?

I hated those books with a passion. King definately overreached his grasp, trying to create a LOTR like epic when he really doesnt have the ability to attempt that sort of thing. The book consists mostly of wacko delusions, Roland was pretty cool in the first book but he got old fast. The pseudo-philosophical themes might impress somone who hasnt read fine literature, but for those that have...the book is more tiresome than anything. I might overlook these flaws if the book had some kind of heart, but King couldnt even get that together...what could of been a decent tragedy concerning the story of Roland is buried under the massive amounts of bullshit.

Jarshewa
Im wondering if you read the whole series if you had then there must be something to them.

some good points though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.