Superman vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badabing
Both are at current levels. This fight starts out in the desert, but can end up anywhere, and lasts until one is knocked out.

Darksaint
There's no reason why MM shouldn't win MOST of the time, other than the fact that it is Superman.

MM isn't as strong as Superman nor could reach at strength levels Superman can reach, and he isn't nearly as durable as Superman, but MM is so damn versitle. Superman even called him Earth's most poweful "being".

MM 6/10

ChaoticReign
Superman at least 7/10. MM is slightly slower and while he is very versatile he lacks supermans endurance. MM has some interesting abilities so he takes some but not most.

ZephroCarnelian
Superman bigs up everyone.

Thor is his most powerful opponent ever.

As is Doomsday...

As is Martian Manhunter... blah blah blah.

J'onnz would win if he has time to go intangible.

If Supes gets a good Thorbuster in first, followed by concentrated heat vision, I'd say Supes.

Juntai
Supes also called Batman the most dangerous person in the world.

TheKahn
Been done
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337824&highlight=martian+manhunter+vs+Superman

spetznaz
Originally posted by badabing
Both are at current levels. This fight starts out in the desert, but can end up anywhere, and lasts until one is knocked out.

Who SHOULD win .....Martian Manhunter.
Jjon should be able to beat 'normal' Superman nearly every time.
He has every ability Kal-El has, and then some 'extras' thrown in.

And MM has taken down Superman before (actually more than once), as well as the JLA.

Anyways, MM should win.

It should be a repeat of what MM did to Ultraman (a version of Superman), as shown here:

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/earth2.jpg

Or it could be along the lines of the following (with the only difference being Superman being the only opponent):

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6273981

Or maybe the following (once again with only Superman being the opponent):

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2899/jla81eu2sy.jpg

MM doesn't even have to go into 'Fernus' mode to be a very serious problem for Superman.

Caveat: The more powerful 'versions' of Superman (eg sun-dipped and higher .....maybe even a non-sundipped Superman who happens to be really enraged) would be a different story, but under 'normal' conditions MM SHOULD defeat Superman more times than not.

Juntai
Originally posted by spetznaz
Who SHOULD win .....Martian Manhunter.
Jjon should be able to beat 'normal' Superman nearly every time.
He has every ability Kal-El has, and then some 'extras' thrown in.

And MM has taken down Superman before (actually more than once), as well as the JLA.

Anyways, MM should win.

It should be a repeat of what MM did to Ultraman (a version of Superman), as shown here:

http://www.monitorduty.com/mdarchives/earth2.jpg

Or it could be along the lines of the following (with the only difference being Superman being the only opponent):

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6273981

Or maybe the following (once again with only Superman being the opponent):

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2899/jla81eu2sy.jpg

MM doesn't even have to go into 'Fernus' mode to be a very serious problem for Superman.

Caveat: The more powerful 'versions' of Superman (eg sun-dipped and higher .....maybe even a non-sundipped Superman who happens to be really enraged) would be a different story, but under 'normal' conditions MM SHOULD defeat Superman more times than not.

"maybe even a non-sundipped Superman who happens to be really enraged"

See forum rules: Bloodlust.
smile

badabing
Originally posted by TheKahn
Been done
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337824&highlight=martian+manhunter+vs+Superman
I even checked the search function and couldn't find it.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
"maybe even a non-sundipped Superman who happens to be really enraged"

See forum rules: Bloodlust.
smile
I'd be more afraid of a bloodlusted J'onn than a bloodlusted Supes.

TheKahn

Don't worry. A lot of people have trouble with it. Sometimes you have to look through 2 or 3 pages to find the fight you searched for. sad

TheKahn
Originally posted by Validus
I'd be more afraid of a bloodlusted J'onn than a bloodlusted Supes.

I have to disagree with you on that one, Validus. Oreos are much easier to find than kryptonite. wink

Gregory
Martian Manhunter would win, except...

What's MM's only weakness? Fire?
And what does Superman shoot from his eyes? Heat rays.

Validus
Originally posted by TheKahn
I have to disagree with you on that one, Validus. Oreos are much easier to find than kryptonite. wink
Do you wanna get sued? You're supposed to call them Chocos.

whistle

Avalonofthewind
Superman 8/10

MM has lost too many times at this point.
Supergirl, Preus, Superman, Imperiex probe, Prometheus, Asmodel (twice)..etc.
All beat him fairly easily.

Supes has emulated nearly every ability in MM's repetoire.

Even his victory over Ultraman wasn't a real one. Ultraman was weakened since he wasn't being powered by Anti-kryptonite.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman 8/10

MM has lost too many times at this point.
Supergirl, Preus, Superman, Imperiex probe, Prometheus, Asmodel (twice)..etc.
All beat him fairly easily.

Supes has emulated nearly every ability in MM's repetoire.

Even his victory over Ultraman wasn't a real one. Ultraman was weakened since he wasn't being powered by Anti-kryptonite.

All true!

Juntai
Both of them bloodlusted are complete monsters, but in the areas Jonn would need most to win this fight, Supes can fairly easily defend and/or trumps him in the same power. I'd take Supes in a little more than half the encounters.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Validus
Do you wanna get sued? You're supposed to call them Chocos.

whistle

fear

Damnable trademark laws. miffed

MrHeavySilence
Martian Manhunter can phase through Supe's nervous system. It wouldn't kill Supes, it'd just mess up his senses.

Redatom65
superman isn't as durible as MM

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Redatom65
superman isn't as durible as MM

He isn't?

ChaoticReign
If anything superman is a good deal more durable than MM. MM's only durability related advantage is the ability to go intangible. I still give this one to superman. I'm still wondering if was Preus used was truly heat vision because it hit MM despite that he was intangible. Makes you wonder.

JohnR
Martian Manhunter could do pretty well if he used his powers to greatest effect (mental blasts and phasing his hand into Superman), but I think Superman will usually take the majority. Superman's very difficult to take down and seems a lot more powerful when he pulls out the stops.

MattDay
"As originally conceived and presented in his early stories, Superman's powers were relatively limited, consisting of stupendous strength which allowed him to lift a car over his head, run at amazing speeds and leap one-eighth of a mile, and incredibly tough skin which could be pierced by nothing less than an exploding artillery shell. Writers slowly increased his powers over time until, by the Silver Age, he was effectively omnipotent. However, it became increasingly difficult to write stories in which such a hero was believably challenged, given that by then he could demolish entire planets, fly fast enough to travel through time, required neither food nor sleep, was superhumanly intelligent and could see and hear from one side of the universe to the other. A series of attempts to reel in the character were made, the most significant being in Byrne's 1986 rewrite, which established several hard limits on his abilities (for instance, surviving a nuclear blast nearly exceeded his invulnerability, and his flights into space were limited by how long he could hold his breath). Inevitably, Superman's powers have grown again since then, with Superman possessing enough strength to hurl mountains and, with effort, stop entire planets in their orbits"

Found this quote on superman in wikipedia, if he's coming back to these levels like this says, then MM will eventually lose to the planet mover (again) btw its basically pre crisis supes but depowered some what. am i wrong? move planets to just being able to stop their orbit, sounds like it to me.

Validus
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
If anything superman is a good deal more durable than MM. MM's only durability related advantage is the ability to go intangible.
The real advantage is the shape shifting. Being able to morph around his fist and kill their damage properties.

long pig
Lies...your first thread rests upon a bed of lies!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Darksaint
There's no reason why MM shouldn't win MOST of the time, other than the fact that it is Superman.

MM isn't as strong as Superman nor could reach at strength levels Superman can reach, and he isn't nearly as durable as Superman, but MM is so damn versitle. Superman even called him Earth's most poweful "being".

MM 6/10

So this is the guy I had to add numbers to my username for...

long pig
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So this is the guy I had to add numbers to my username for...
You refused to give up the darksaint dream....

Genii96
MM could just mind rape him couldnt he?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
MM could just mind rape him couldnt he?
Superman can just punch him, can't he?

Genii96
Good thing he can go intangible,isn't it?,and I believe it takes a thought to telepathically attack someone

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
Good thing he can go intangible,isn't it?,and I believe it takes a thought to telepathically attack someone
Good thing is Superman fires his weakness from his eyes.

J'onn will get KTFO in the process of entering in Superman's mind. Let alone doing anything to him.

carver9
Superman wins.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Superman bigs up everyone.

Thor is his most powerful opponent ever.

As is Doomsday...

As is Martian Manhunter... blah blah blah.

J'onnz would win if he has time to go intangible.

If Supes gets a good Thorbuster in first, followed by concentrated heat vision, I'd say Supes. Thor was his most powerful opponent, Hulk should destroy him, considering Hulk took out the Avengers by himself multiple times.

Star428
Originally posted by Juntai
Supes also called Batman the most dangerous person in the world.

Pretty sure his words to the white martian who proclaimed that Batman was only a human being were "... only the most dangerous human on the planet." Not "person".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.