Captain Marvel(Original) vs. Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Fight takes place in the deepest depths of the ocean. No prep.

Oh by the way this is Billy Batson.

badabing
I say CM takes this one. He's stronger, faster and has a high degree of durability. CM's lightning is above Namor's electric attack. It would be a long fight but Namor loses in the end.

snoopdogg
Will CM magic lightning work underwater? And it has been said that lighting is CMs weakness although I do not believe it.

badabing
It would work under water if he could clearly say Shazam under water.

batdude123
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Will CM magic lightning work underwater? And it has been said that lighting is CMs weakness although I do not believe it.

How can his main power be his weakness?

jrodslam
Now that hes Shazam, i wonder if he still has to say "Shazam" in order to summon the lightning? Im sure he still has to say it in order to change to and from Billy Batson, but what about using it as an attack like the wizard.

He should imo.

TheKahn
blink Here is a dumb question: Does Captain Marvel need to breathe and if so just how long can he hold his breath?

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
How can his main power be his weakness?

Because if he gets hit with it, he reverts back to Billy.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
Because if he gets hit with it, he reverts back to Billy.

Oh yeah, good point. wink

jrodslam
Originally posted by TheKahn
blink Here is a dumb question: Does Captain Marvel need to breathe and if so just how long can he hold his breath?

Not a dumb question Kahn. Yes Cap needs to breathe. A few of us had a debate about that not too long ago. Hes been sshown in space wearing a helmet, but there has been other times when hes been in space without a breathing aid. We all just assumed he just holds his breath for a long time.

badabing
Originally posted by TheKahn
I'm a fan and I've never come across any info on that.

leonidas
either way, it's very similar to getting into a brawl with superman. namor's good but not that good . . .

TheKahn
Not a dumb question Kahn. Yes Cap needs to breathe. A few of us had a debate about that not too long ago. Hes been sshown in space wearing a helmet, but there has been other times when hes been in space without a breathing aid. We all just assumed he just holds his breath for a long time.

Thanks. I've been wondering about that for a while. big grin

jrodslam

I personally think that it would still work underwater. Hed just have to Namor in the proper position to hit him with it.

Also, lightning shouldnt revert Cap back to Billy. Fate tried it on Adam and it didnt work. If that cant do it, normal lightning shouldnt either. I wonder how mobile Cap would be underwater.

jrodslam
Originally posted by leonidas
either way, it's very similar to getting into a brawl with superman. namor's good but not that good . . .

If Namor is able to grab Cap in a choke hold, i think he can hold him under for a while and try to drown him. Thats just my opinion.

But i give Cap the win more often than not.

badabing
I'm just guessing, but close to Supes under water.

batdude123
Powers of Captain Marvel (just incase anybody was wondering) big grin

When Billy Batson says the magic word "Shazam" and is transformed into Captain Marvel, he is granted the following powers:

S for the wisdom of Solomon As Captain Marvel, Billy has instant access to a vast amount of scholarly knowledge. The wisdom of Solomon also gives Marvel clairvoyance and provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
H for the strength of Hercules Dubbed "The World's Mightiest Mortal", Captain Marvel has incredible amounts of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls and lift massive objects. Marvel's stregnth is enough that he can hold his own against beings such as Superman.
A for the stamina of Atlas Using Atlas' power, Captain Marvel can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults.
Z for the power of Zeus Zeus' power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel, also enhances Marvel's other physical abilities, provides physical invulnerability and resistance against most magic spells and attacks, and allows for interdimensional travel. Marvel can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target.
A for the courage of Achilles Like the wisdom, this aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Marvel superhuman amounts of inner strength to draw off of.
M for the speed of Mercury By channeling Mercury's speed, Captain Marvel can fly and move at supersonic speeds.

batdude123
Captain Marvel takes this one.

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Powers of Captain Marvel (just incase anybody was wondering) big grin

When Billy Batson says the magic word "Shazam" and is transformed into Captain Marvel, he is granted the following powers:

S for the wisdom of Solomon As Captain Marvel, Billy has instant access to a vast amount of scholarly knowledge. The wisdom of Solomon also gives Marvel clairvoyance and provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
H for the strength of Hercules Dubbed "The World's Mightiest Mortal", Captain Marvel has incredible amounts of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls and lift massive objects. Marvel's stregnth is enough that he can hold his own against beings such as Superman.
A for the stamina of Atlas Using Atlas' power, Captain Marvel can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults.
Z for the power of Zeus Zeus' power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel, also enhances Marvel's other physical abilities, provides physical invulnerability and resistance against most magic spells and attacks, and allows for interdimensional travel. Marvel can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target.
A for the courage of Achilles Like the wisdom, this aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Marvel superhuman amounts of inner strength to draw off of.
M for the speed of Mercury By channeling Mercury's speed, Captain Marvel can fly and move at supersonic speeds.
Nice one Batdude. cool

batdude123
^ Thanks! wink

leonidas
If Namor is able to grab Cap in a choke hold, i think he can hold him under for a while and try to drown him. Thats just my opinion.

But i give Cap the win more often than not.

cap could always fly up and into space. not sure namor is capable of surviving space without a suit. can't recall any instances, but i may be forgetting some . . .

snoopdogg
CM needs to breathe as far I have known. Namor will get in some good shots but CM most likely end up overpowering him even underwater. I thought maybe Namors eletrical attacks would help but I don't believe CM has that weakness. That would have been Namors best chance.

batdude123
CM needs to breathe as far I have known. Namor will get in some good shots but CM most likely end up overpowering him even underwater. I thought maybe Namors eletrical attacks would help but I don't believe CM has that weakness. That would have been Namors best chance.

I think he only turns back into Billy from his OWN electrical attacks, so that answers that question. wink

jrodslam
I wonder is Marvels flying power is stronger than Namors swimming power. We've never seen Cap run, but only fly at high speeds.

If Namor grabs Cap, i wonder if he can use his swimming power to keep him underwater even if Cap uses his flying power.

batdude123
I wonder is Marvels flying power is stronger than Namors swimming power. We've never seen Cap run, but only fly at high speeds.

If Namor grabs Cap, i wonder if he can use his swimming power to keep him underwater even if Cap uses his flying power.

Doubt it. How fast can Namor swim? 80, 100mph? Captain Marvel can fly a supersonic speeds.

jrodslam

Who knows. This had to have taken a bit of a while. Maybe Cap just held his breath. Maybe not.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1399/cmspeed6ll.th.jpg

snoopdogg

If Namor grabs Cap, i wonder if he can use his swimming power to keep him underwater even if Cap uses his flying power. If Namor grabs CM I think he could just give Namor some magical lightning. I don't know if Namor can handle magical lightning.

Hit and Run
I dunno. Draco did some research on the subject and confirmed that Marvel had this weakness for a while; the lightning doesn't have to be magical. Here's part of the conversation from where I heard about it:
Originally posted by Draco69
Captain Marvel is vulnerable to certain amounts of electricity. If the said charge is powerful enough (ex. streetlamp) than CM will be zapped back to his mortal form. A recent example of this is the 5 issue of the OMAC Project. The OMACS zap Lady Marvel with electricity and POOF, she's back to her normal self.
he was changed by regular lightning?? blink

wtf? on the cover of his new mini first thunder he's being hit by lightning. and thor didn't use his own lightning to change marvel, he used marvel's own lightning against him.

i'm calling bullsh!t/pis on the omac thing (and i've never even read it), and i'm highly doubtful whether thor could force him to change. even in the recent day of vengeance ic issue batson was shocked when spectre uttered shazam and changed him back. he also said he was the only one with the power to do that -- except for the spectre i suppose!

cm's STRENGTH is his ability to resist magic and magical attacks (see first thunder again -- even supes is amazed at his ability), which is why i think this is so close. i'd still say the slightest edge to thor just because of overall versatility and his warrior mentality, but this would be an awesome all out fight.
Originally posted by Draco69
I ALSO thought the OMAC thing was crap. However I recently read up on Captain Marvel in his own comics that were produced awhile back then. Yes, large amounts of electricity (no it does NOT have to magical) can shunt Cap. Marvel and his family to their mortal form. Cap. Marvel was transformed by Captain Nazi into his mortal form by a streetlight gone bad.

Makes sense in way. Every DC character has annoying weakness one way or another.
really? well . . . that just sucks arse . . .

so electro>>>>>>>>than captain marvel??? confused

S. T. U. P. I. D.

However, I don't think Namor can sprout electricity without absorbing it first. If that's the case, then the weakness shouldn't make THAT much of a difference in this fight. But that could depend on whether or not Namor can absorb Marvel's electric lightning, which is debatable, I suppose. Captain Marvel most likely takes the majority.

Validus
I still think the OMAC Project incident was just a plot device. Until I see it happening regularly, thats what I'll assume anyway.

leonidas
Originally posted by Hit and Run
I dunno. Draco did some research on the subject and confirmed that Marvel had this weakness for a while; the lightning doesn't have to be magical. Here's part of the conversation from where I heard about it:

However, I don't think Namor can sprout electricity without absorbing it first. If that's the case, then the weakness shouldn't make THAT much of a difference in this fight. But that could depend on whether or not Namor can absorb Marvel's electric lightning, which is debatable, I suppose. Captain Marvel most likely takes the majority.

gack!! me own words used against me . . .

mad

i still think cm is too much for namor, and i'm with validus. the whole electrical thing sounds . . . fishy ( big grin ) to me . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.