Lucifer w/ green lantern ring no powers gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superherovandal
His powers have been taken away and he is forced to face these people in order to get them back gets fully restored after each battle. In wikipedia it says that he has infinite will. So i thought why not see how he would do with a weapon that is all based on willpower.

1) Wolverine
2) Spiderman
3) Dr. Doom
4) Hulk
5) Wonder Woman
6) Superman
7) Kyle Rayner
8) Hal Jordan
9) Silver Surfer
10) Thanos

batdude123
He'd probably run it.

UniOmni
He does well until he hits 6. Then Superman takes apart his ring and reforms it on his own finger. Like he did to Guy. Remember, Superman has the numero uno will in DC, aka the Superverse.

Superherovandal
no way does he have a higher will than Lucifer. Lucifer was born with a will that shaped DCU.

UniOmni
I don't know......... Whenever he runs into a GL(barring preparallax hal,) he seems to be better at their game than them. Why should Lucy be any different??...................Its not called the Superverse for nothing.

Superherovandal
Lucifer has the will of Yahweh literally.

UniOmni
Superman is Yahweh in DC. Truth be told.

And the term Superverse is what i first heard DC referred to in the fourth grade. My best friend had a brand new copy of the DOS tpb and he called DC the Superverse. We and others we don't know (forum posters) refer to it as that. Mainly because of the way it revolves around him. Thus Superverse. Especially these last few years, when its been really apparent.

Gregory
I don't know who calls it the "superverse," other than you, but we're talking about the guy who took an explosion powerful enough to destroy a universe and shaped it to his will. The guy who, without any of his powers, slaughtered a Japanese death godess' family. Who, again powerless, tore out an arch-angel's heart and ate it. The idea that his will would crumble because "OMG Superman" is absurd.

(To explicitly answer your question, Lucifer is different because he's the second most powerful being in the universe, with billions of years of experience, while Guy Gardner is an anoying little shit who got one-hit KO'd by Batman).

Validus
Superman isn't beating Lucifer in a battle of wills.

I say he runs the gauntlet.

UniOmni
Normally, i'd agree, but DC has pretty much let it be known that in the Superverse..errr, i mean the DCU, Superman has the highest willpower. The gauntlet ended when you added the last son of krypton, Clark Kal-El "Yahweh" Kent.
Utter curbstomp.

Validus
I don't believe he specified Jeph Loeb was writing this gauntlet. Besides, it's not like they take Vertigo characters into account when they say these things.

Thunderstrike
I'd say Lucy runs this. He'd be nearly unstoppable with that ring.

Superherovandal
bump man bump

batdude123
He either clears it or gets stopped at Wolverine. shifty

UniOmni
Like i said before, his run ended when Yahweh was put on the list.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Like i said before, his run ended when Yahweh was put on the list.

Yahweh was added to the list? Well then he'd get his ass kicked by his father. shifty

Magee
Originally posted by UniOmni
Like i said before, his run ended when Yahweh was put on the list. Try look at it this way. I could have the fastest car in the world, with the worlds most powerful engine under the bonet. That doesn't mean it's going to be faster than a Jet (shite example i know). Superman has extraordinary willpower, better than any meta human...Better than an Angel? The second most powerful being in the universe, no he doesn't.

Lucifer clears the guantlet.

Dizzle
Has Superman ever willed a ring away from anyone besides Guy on that one instance? Hell, I wouldn't even give him good odds against Hal Jordan, much less freaking Lucifer. Superman's willpower is being blown WAY out of proportion. If he had a GL ring, he'd probably fare the best against Lucifer than most here, but he'd STILL probably get his ass beaten. Lucifer hold's the multiverse's official title as the only one who ever really competed against The Presence, as in GOD... and won. I wouldn't be surprised if Lucifer threw away the ring and ran 3/4 of the gauntlet as a human. Kicking everyone's ass is what he does.

Darksaint
Lucifer does not even need the GL ring to run this. He has beaten/tricked GODS before without his powers. His intellegence is far above everyone in that list. He'll somehow convince everyone to go **** themselves and thus ending up with the win.

JohnR
He runs the gauntlet. The only way he could possibly lose is if the ring actually has a limit and is destroyed by him using it.

UniOmni
I know Lucifer would win with the utmost of ease. I just said what i did because i find it truly predictable. I baited Superman fans and that was wrong. I just truly find it laughable that in the main DCU, Superman has the highest willpower. I could handle that if it was just limited to Earth. But in the DCU, which has many times been said to be larger than the MU?? Out of all the planets in the universe, they gave the willpower indomitable title to a Hero?? I just laugh at the whole Superman is key thing sometimes. To have a main character for a universe..........Defeats the purpose of calling it a universe.

Superherovandal
ok then round 2

1)Black Bolt
2)Sentry
3)Thor
4)Quasar
5)Dr. Fate (no Prep)
6)Dr. Strange (no prep)
70Darkseid (current but not jobbing)
8)Mephisto (outside his realm)
9) Odin (outside of his realm)
10)The Beyonder(retconned)

batdude123
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is a better one. He either gets stopped at the beyonder, or runs it.

JohnR
Lucifer still runs the gauntlet. I've never really thought about it before this thread, but what does everyone think about the ring's limits? Is it possible to have a will so high that the ring can't keep up?

batdude123
^ Possibly. But so far, nobody has shown that degree of will power.

Crease
Even with a GL ring, the buck stops at Thanos of Titan. He gets stopped at #5 in round 2, with #'s 7 thru 10 toying with him.

Juntai
Didn't Lucifer stripped of his power, and with some high end powers playing against him, still crush Fenris' head in between his hands like popping a ballon a handful of issues ago?

wink

Dizzle
Originally posted by Juntai
Didn't Lucifer stripped of his power, and with some high end powers playing against him, still crush Fenris' head in between his hands like popping a ballon a handful of issues ago?

wink

Uh oh, I think he did... He also killed an entire family of Japanese gods and defeated an archangel in single combat, both powerless.

And technically, couldn't the GL ring only make him equal to Ion in terms of actual power? He'd still probably run both gauntlets, though half of a Cosmic Cube might give even the Super Deluxe version of Ion a bit of trouble.

Though I don't actually know if even Lucifer's willpower is enough to tap the entire Oan battery... considering the massive difference between even Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner as GL's versus Parallax and Ion... He'd be buttloads better than either, but he'd need a hell of a lot of willpower to draw the full power of the entire battery. But then again, he DID shape the entire multiverse through sheer force of will...

JohnR
Yeah, that was my thought. If someone's will was great enough to shape a reality, could a power ring still keep up?

Superherovandal
bump.

Superherovandal
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.