What would you rather have? Episode VII or $1000?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EPIIIBITES
What would you rather have? Lucas to start production on Star Wars Episode VII, or 1000 dollars?

- I'd say screw the $1000, I'll take another film thanks.

EPIIIBITES
...and how high would you go???

Rhindon
I've had $1,000 in my hand before and it went too quick! I'll take Star Wars VII!

spencerspider
$1000... that aint much nowadays.. Episode 7

Council#13
Episode 7. A thousand dollars is easier to come by

Scarecrow756
I would prefer Episode 7 only if it is done right.

Jedi Priestess
Wondered how long it would be before you got around to a topic that brought up continuing the movies.

I'll take the money. The Star Wars saga is the story of Anakin Skywalker and it's been told. The End.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I'll take the money.

Yessssss! Now we can make fun of the first non-Star Wars fan!

Oh joy!

Couldn't wait!!!

Shame!

just joking priestess

Since episode VII would mean, VIII and VIIII to follow suit, is $1000 too little?

$5000 for the next trilogy!!! Who's hardcore???!!!

Cascador
Wondered how long it would be before you got around to a topic that brought up continuing the movies.

I'll take the money. The Star Wars saga is the story of Anakin Skywalker and it's been told. The End.

I completely agree! It's not about the money...But the story is finished, there's nothing else to tell...you would only push it to what some would call worse than the prequels...

Council#13
I always thought it was more about Obi-Wan.... well the PT was more of Obi-Wan and the OT was more of Luke.

Cascador
No George Lucas stated that Star Wars is the tale of Anakin Skywalker and his children.

PVS
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Yessssss! Now we can make fun of the first non-Star Wars fan!

Oh joy!

Couldn't wait!!!

Shame!

just joking priestess

Since episode VII would mean, VIII and VIIII to follow suit, is $1000 too little?

$5000 for the next trilogy!!! Who's hardcore???!!!

i'd take 50 cents over episode VII stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
$1000, I need more instruments to get my album going.

I like Star wars the way it is.

Its Over move on......

LanceWindu
Though I love the films, more episodes will kill it.

$1000 please.

chinabing
Yet another bozo question. Plz end this thread now!

EPIIIBITES
Whatever happened to taking one for the team?

$5000 for a new trilogy?...at the drop of a hat!!

Imagine all the cool new threads we could start...(like: Do you want $1000 or Eps. X ,XI, and XII?)

It'd be great...we'd have no lives forever!!! I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys aren't fans! If Star Wars was you girlfirend you'd probably pimp her out!

Money, Money, Money...root of all evil!

PVS

You guys aren't fans!

ahh the classic fanboy battlecry

If Star Wars was you girlfirend you'd probably pimp her out!

funny, because i would view the support of unecessary additions to the saga as 'pimping' the SW license for nothing more than profit, since there is really no continual story to tell. the sith is dead, because the chosen one destroyed it. to revise the story and have the sith survive would be to make the whole pt and ot completely pointless and turn the sith into a freddy kruger type entity that will always be resurrected and previous story lines discredited simply for the sake of added box office and marketing profits.

Money, Money, Money...root of all evil!

indeed it is.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS

funny, because i would view the support of unecessary additions to the saga as 'pimping' the SW license for nothing more than profit, since there is really no continual story to tell.

agreed on all points, it's over deal with it already no expression

Delta 62
I'd definitely take the money. The main thing I think when people talk about VII is how stupid can you be? To use Mark, Harrison, etc..they'd have to use a NJO storyline, considering they're all around 60.

What I WOULD like would be Knights of the Old Republic-era movies. Think about it: Jedi fighting Dark Jedi and Sith all over the place..it'd be like a match on Jedi Outcast. How awesome would that be?

Tarvos
Like PVS said, I'd take ten cents over another film.

Lucas was going to make IV-VI, then be done with that, then perhaps make another three that show the rise of Skywalker (The PT). That's done. VII would suck balls. Lucas knows his limits.

Cascador
Originally posted by Tarvos
Lucas knows his limits.

Does he? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Then why the Star Wars 3-D...the tv-show etc...who knows what's next...
Don't get me wrong tho...I'm looking forward to it all wink

Tangible God

PVS
yes, without the sith as the bad guys, there's really no point. the looming hopelessness is what makes star wars so great. without impossible odds to beat, what fun is it?

henniestevens
I would take the money, but maybe I would feel stupid later on, when I'm older (richer).

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Cascador

Im not. I just want it to be over as it should be.

PVS

whatever he plans on doing falls within between the existing saga.
the end remains absolute: the sith is dead, good guys win, happy ending.
to change that would be a perversion of the whole damn thing.

chinabing
Deal, or No Deal?

PVS
put it this way: i'll take a kick in the shins over epIV stick out tongue

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by PVS

...actually that was all tongue in cheek.

PVS
...actually that was all tongue in cheek.

my apologies then. in the future though, i would suggest sarcasm enhancing smilies such as this: stick out tongue or whatever you fancy, since many MANY times that exact line was spoken...and not in jest.

steverules
What would the 7th be about though? Would they base it on Dark Empire?

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by PVS
my apologies then. in the future though, i would suggest sarcasm enhancing smilies such as this: stick out tongue or whatever you fancy, since many MANY times that exact line was spoken...and not in jest.

But then fanboys would know I was joking...

...right?

Thats why it's tongue IN cheek (quite unlike the smile)

Thought the ridiculousness of my post would be enough (especially that part about starting that new thread!)

Don't worry dude. My feelings aren't hurt...

Thanks though for being nice and for the advice.

amity75
The TV series will do me and if it's crap I can change channel. *keeps remote close at hand*

DeVi| D0do
I would PAY Lucas to not make anymore movies...

Tangible God
Im not. I just want it to be over as it should be. Words of wisdom once again.

JaehSkywalker
both!!!

but the Star Wars VII will be great...

DarthBanevv
Star Wars VII.

truejedi
i dunno, if there were more, i'd watch them,
i really don't like it being over, i looked forward to those movies for so long, and then they are just done,
the books really get repetitive in my opinion. Star Wars is going to turn into something i never watch, or talk about eventually with nothing new. which, if that is how its supposed to be...
(but i will then have soo much wasted knowledge of something no one else cares about!!!)

still, i'd take the money

kalsemo
Originally posted by chinabing
Yet another bozo question. Plz end this thread now!

DITTO!!!!!!! wacko

kalsemo
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I would PAY Lucas to not make anymore movies...

laughing

Eleonora
Ok, I'll choose a new episode provided that I'm cast as the female lead, that Lawrence Kasdan writes it and that the actors of the OT are given a sort of youth potion that makes them 10 years younger, or else I'll take the money, thank you very much. big grin

Council#13
This should be remade as a poll

OB1-adobe
and this thread is coming from the person that hated the latest sw movie

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
and this thread is coming from the person that hated the latest sw movie

Nope...actually I don't hate it...in fact I've said I love all the PT movies...but I can admit they're crap movies cause I'm not a fanboy.

I'm a fan of films first and a fan of Star Wars second...that's the diffefence between myslef and a lot of people here.

PVS
...in fact I've said I love all the PT movies...but I can admit they're crap movies...

conclusion: you love crap movies?

Thorinn
I like the PT, but the OT is better.

but I would take the $1000 because there's no need to go beyond episode 6.

thats why we have the books.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by PVS
conclusion: you love crap movies?

Totally. I like some movies that I think are crap and I like some music that I think is crap. I don't know why I like it. I just do.

Doesn't mean I have to stand there and insist any old thing I like is worthy of being called good...

I think The Messenger was a crap movie...but I love it.

Nickelback are a really CRAP band...I mean they are....but I still like 'em. So what.

Alliance
I think the story falls to peices after ROTJ. It take a million over E7. But i would kill for a clone wars film.

OB1-adobe
Nope...actually I don't hate it...in fact I've said I love all the PT movies...but I can admit they're crap movies cause I'm not a fanboy.

I'm a fan of films first and a fan of Star Wars second...that's the diffefence between myslef and a lot of people here.

Oh, gee......For some reason by your name I thought you were serious

Alliance

I'm the same way.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Oh, gee......For some reason by your name I thought you were serious

I am serious...I think it bites...but I still love it...and if he decided to make another SW movie I can tell you right now that I'd love that too.

I love Lucas' whole Star Wars reality...the look of it, the feel of it, and pretty much everything that happens in it. I love his imagination and genius that made me a SW fan to begin with...doesn't mean I can't be critical of the form that genius comes in.

Alliance
I love Lucas' whole Star Wars reality...the look of it, the feel of it, and pretty much everything that happens in it. I love his imagination and genius that made me a SW fan to begin with...doesn't mean I can't be critical of the form that genius comes in.

thumbup1

or the genius itself.

ESB - 1138
$1,000. What would episode 7 have? The sith are destroyed in 6. Dark Jedi? Big deal. We all know no Dark Jedi can compare to the mighty of the Sith Lords.

OB1-adobe
Speak of the devil:

Guess how much I am getting on my tax return?

Y-chromo kid
I completely agree! It's not about the money...But the story is finished, there's nothing else to tell...you would only push it to what some would call worse than the prequels...

Oh woe to you of so little ambition and imagination. Who is to say that more might not mean better. The possibilities are near endless. The possibility of a cock up , granted, but still, Star Wars could be so much more than the Skywalkers. Don't allow it to fossilize.

EPIIIBITES
Think I've got what I've wanted out of this thread...

More than twice as many people would take the $1000...and judging from the responses, it's not about the money....which is pretty cool...shows much respect.

I don't think I'd go over $1000 though.

Good responses everybody!
starwars

darht dude
i'd take the $1000 because with that money you can buy all of the movies.

((The_Anomaly))
definitely $1000

I got no money at the moment...lol

WrathfulDwarf
What would you rather have? Lucas to start production on Star Wars Episode VII, or 1000 dollars?

Are you kidding me? With a $1,000 I could buy me tons and tons of Star Wars Merchadise. Screw it! The OT was good enough for me. I'll take the money and spend it all on rare collectible SW stuff.

louisfilmltd
i'd even give up $5,000 for another episode. im all for more star wars. episode VII could work too. it could take place about 30 years after VI, when Luke is closer to old ben's age, which logically works with Hammil's actual age. An older Luke can echo the ways of old Ben kenobi. I think it would make for an interesting story having the same OT characters, only taking place much later in their lives. it would probably screw up some of the existing sw lore that takes place after VI, but lucas has made changes before that weren't so bad (Jango fett for example). If not VII, then a movie following the KOTOR period would be cool too. if Lucas does decide to continue with more sw movies (which i think would be great), he should wait another 10 years or so, after he's had a chance to make some other movies and have a break. if he's alive by that time, hopefully he can give up the director's chair to someone else, or at least have SOMEONE ELSE to better write a screenplay.

Stun
You guys aren't fans!

well, some fans can accept when things come to an end. It's like not accepting that one day you will ultimately die, damnit god! just one more year!laughing out loud well, not quite the samestick out tongue but things come to an end - deal with it.

EPIIIBITES
If you read a couple posts down from that rant you'd notice it was a joke.

Stun
do you know how many people we've had on KMC raising this topic over and over? ok, so this thread is just for fun - i get it, but you couldnt blame me for mistaking you as another fanboy

EPIIIBITES
No, that's cool. I like acting like a fanboy sometimes...it's so ridiculous

..."no, YOU'RE not a real fan."

EPIIIBITES
Thought of making a 'WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE" thread...but then decided to just bump this one.

(how resourceful)

So...what would you do for a new Star Wars movie?

exanda kane

queeq
Duno, actually. I would like another GOOD SW movie, but I think I just can't bear another PT experience. I mean, what if it's like the PT... then we have six crappy films and two good ones.

Alliance
$1000.

It take an Episode 2.5 though and screw the grand.

queeq
2.5??? Lemme guess: more clones?

ADarksideJedi
As much as I love star wars.I would never want them to make another one after six.So I would take the money!jm

OB1-adobe

a $1000 dollars please

queeq
Pay up.

PhoenixSam5
no text

focus4chumps
wow dude. its like he was psychic

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/288/625/69c.png

queeq
I guess... beer can do that.

-Pr-
Money please.

Vensai
I would take the money over some extra episodes.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by spencerspider
$1000... that aint much nowadays.. Episode 7

no its not.

I'll take ep vii also, and viii, and ix

queeq
Of course we do.

C-3POTheClever

focus4chumps

JediRobin23
Wow. Wonder if there's still those who would still take $1000 bucks

Sith Master X
I'd like for Disney to give me 1000 dollars.

That way I can see Episode 7 at the movies 125 times.

JediRobin23
Wow. Your movie theatres near your must be cheap. I can only see it 83 times not to mention if I buy popcorn or drinks

maboy
I would definitely take the money... only and only if it was not directed by J. J. Abrams.

If the movie was to be directed by somebody else, I would be worried to experience another trilogy dissapointment, but I`m sure J. J. is going to deliver the real Star Wars spirit. So for now Go EP.VII!!

queeq
J.J. is probably gonna bring the J.J. spirit. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

JediRobin23
Hard to say jj/Disney will make it great or just good, or perhaps bad. If it's bad, just blame lucas for selling

JediRobin23
Actually. Looking at the timeline. Ep4 was new and original when it came out. it blew the box office. Then there was the esb. Later Rotj. Can't help but think it's hard to beat what it was. Not being just a movie but affecting the culture so much...

What can ep7 be?????

queeq
Well, hopefully at least "just" a good movie.

I recently saw ST:ID again. And that movie is not great, but... it's darn entertaining. Much more entertaining than any PT movie. Despite all the endless ST references, the rehash of old ST characters and villains, the movie IS entertaining. I hope EP7 will at least be that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.