Triathlon vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins?

Scoobless
I have to side with Triathlon on this one... he has every single physical and sensory advantage possible over Cap

King KAM
Originally posted by Scoobless
I have to side with Triathlon on this one... he has every single physical and sensory advantage possible over Cap yet hes a second tier hero, and gets pwned something vicious

jrodslam
Cap.

manjaro
have to go with T on this one...not the best looking costume in the wolrd but still...all his physical attirbutes are 3 times greater than an olympic level athlete...i remeber once when some shit was going down on his turf and the Avengers showed up to investigate he was adamant about them leaving it to him...and he was zipping around them like a super speedster with blurs and everything

but b4 the showdown with the bad guys he was doing a public demo on his skills and he was making 20 foot vertical leaps, and doind gymnastics and acrobatics very reminiscent of spiderman...plus he has hightened sensory perceptions as well....so yeah he has the adnvantage

batdude123
^ yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by King KAM
yet hes a second tier hero, and gets pwned something vicious

I actually don't remember him getting owned even once

He's peak human times 3 (basically three times as good as Cap in every regard)

golem370
Triathlon might be equal or better then Captain America except in experience and fighting skills

batdude123
Originally posted by golem370
Triathlon might be equal or better then Captain America except in experience and fighting skills

I think you mean THREE TIMES BETTER THEN CAPTAIN AMERICA IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT FIGHTING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE. big grin That includes strength, speed, endurance, stamina, agility, etc... Triathlon could just keep running around Captain America at over 70mph. and just keep hitting him.

nathan summers
Who's to say? Maybe he also has three times the fighting skill, due to his powers? wink

batdude123
Originally posted by nathan summers
Who's to say? Maybe he also has three times the fighting skill, due to his powers? wink

He's not, fighting skills are something you have to learn, not aquire. He's good at fighting, but Cap is better.

batdude123

Yeah, what I said before. big grin

nathan summers
I was joking.

batdude123
I was joking.

wink

Thanos_6383
Triathalon should win this.

batdude123
^ yes

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123
I think you mean THREE TIMES BETTER THEN CAPTAIN AMERICA IN EVERYTHING EXCEPT FIGHTING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE. big grin That includes strength, speed, endurance, stamina, agility, etc... Triathlon could just keep running around Captain America at over 70mph. and just keep hitting him.

Triathlon can hit over 100mph

He actually could have that.... mainly due to the fact that his eyes and reflexes work 3 times as fast as Cap means Cap would appear to be moving in slow-motion to him

batdude123
Triathlon can hit over 100mph

He actually could have that.... mainly due to the fact that his eyes and reflexes work 3 times as fast as Cap means Cap would appear to be moving in slow-motion to him

Over 100mph? What the f**k? Well then that wouldn't be 3 times the peak human, that'd be like 4 times peak human.

CaptainStoic
I think Triathlon should win this too. It looks good on paper, but Captain America has beaten tougher opponents in the past. His experience should keep him in the game, and perhaps allow him to beat Triathlon a few times, but once Triathlon gets some exp. under his belt... I see him beating Cap every time.

Maybe if Captain America hangs up the hero gig, they will make Triathlon into the new Captain America. He seems like the perfect candidate.

batdude123
^ Yeah, he'd be pretty tight.

Scoobless
Over 100mph? What the f**k? Well then that wouldn't be 3 times the peak human, that'd be like 4 times peak human.

Not really.... think about it.... he gets three times the strength and speed of Captain America .... but he isn't hindered by the additional weight or wind resistance of having three bodies.... 100 mph is perfectly reasonable (and he's done it once or twice in the Avengers)

batdude123
Not really.... think about it.... he gets three times the strength and speed of Captain America .... but he isn't hindered by the additional weight or wind resistance of having three bodies.... 100 mph is perfectly reasonable (and he's done it once or twice in the Avengers)

Good point wink

CaptainStoic
I agree.

leonidas
t logically should win, but cap would find a way in a book using brains, skill and experience. despite his advantages, it would still only take a shot from cap's shield to take him out. interesting fight even though i never liked triathalon and his attitude . . .

Horrificus
Originally posted by golem370

this is why cap would win.

Horrificus

Funny. Cheeta's can run at 70 mph, and every time I have seen them run after prey, when they try to stop, they either go waaay out on an arc, or they tumble head over heals.
I have never seen one run around an antelope at 70 mph, biting and slashing over and over.
I would wager that it is the same with Triathelon.

batdude123
^ Actually, if you re-read some of the posts, Triathlon can run over 100mph. And besides, you realize that during the fight, Triathlon is gonna have three times the reaction time and three times the reflexes as Captain, right?

Horrificus
^ Actually, if you re-read some of the posts, Triathlon can run over 100mph. And besides, you realize that during the fight, Triathlon is gonna have three times the reaction time and three times the reflexes as Captain, right? He is still going to exist, so the effects of his mass with gravity and momentum are still going to happen.
We aren't talking about a special speed power. Just three times the stuff as captain america.
He can't run around in tight circles at 100 mph, hitting and kicking.
It has nothing to do with reaction time or strength. It has to do with everything from your feet up, getting thrown off balance.

Stand up in your living room, and run around as fast as you can in little circles, punching and kicking into the middle of the circle.
(here's a tip: Be ready to call 911, and don't let anybody see you)

batdude123
Originally posted by Horrificus
He is still going to exist, so the effects of his mass with gravity and momentum are still going to happen.
We aren't talking about a special speed power. Just three times the stuff as captain america.
He can't run around in tight circles at 100 mph, hitting and kicking.
It has nothing to do with reaction time or strength. It has to do with everything from your feet up, getting thrown off balance.

Stand up in your living room, and run around as fast as you can in little circles, punching and kicking into the middle of the circle.
(here's a tip: Be ready to call 911, and don't let anybody see you)

I admit I'd look like a jacka$$ but I still think Triathlon would win the fight.

Horrificus
ok. Maybe he will.
My girlfriend and me are sitting here laughing our as*es off picturing this right now.

batdude123
^ embarrasment laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Horrificus
Funny. Cheeta's can run at 70 mph, and every time I have seen them run after prey, when they try to stop, they either go waaay out on an arc, or they tumble head over heals.
I have never seen one run around an antelope at 70 mph, biting and slashing over and over.
I would wager that it is the same with Triathelon.

perhaps... but Triathlon's agility would be almost comparable to Spider-Man's... he wouldn't run around anyone in a circle (as that would be stupid) but he could do something similar to how Spidey bounces around people.... but not quite as fast:

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/5835/22915is.th.gif

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

Horrificus
perhaps... but Triathlon's agility would be almost comparable to Spider-Man's... he wouldn't run around anyone in a circle (as that would be stupid) but he could do something similar to how Spidey bounces around people.... but not quite as fast:

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/5835/22915is.th.gif

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

It isn't just speed and agility that allows Spidey to do that. The reason he can do it, turn on a dime, stuff like that it is mostly that he can grip surfaces.

I wouldn't put Triathalon on a par with Spidey.

batdude123
^ Triathlon would still win.

meep-meep
He's not, fighting skills are something you have to learn, not aquire. He's good at fighting, but Cap is better.

you don't just acquire top tier strength or speed. You must train and learn ways to develop it. Maybe T has 3 times the skill over Cap. The way to settle this would be if anybody has scans of his.

batdude123
Originally posted by meep-meep
you don't just acquire top tier strength or speed. You must train and learn ways to develop it. Maybe T has 3 times the skill over Cap. The way to settle this would be if anybody has scans of his.

If you're saying that Triathlon had to work for him to become three times peak human in EVERY physical category, then you'd be mistaken. Jonathon Tremont secretly endowed Triathlon with the stolen powers of 3-D Man.

Scoobless
Originally posted by meep-meep

I've got pretty much all of his appearances.... maybe i'll start a respect thread.... (but not tonight)

batdude123
Triathlon wins.

cdtm
*Bump*

Think I'd have to back Cap here. Three athletic men sounds good on paper, but Caps beaten outright metas. US Agent, for one, is MUCH stronger then three men.

Putinbot1
Cap is stronger than 3 men. He is way more than peak human by feats.

shadowknight
Triathlon wins. a free trip to the ambulance and hospital of his choice. Were things even close to realistic anyone with enhance sped would almost automatically win against someone with normal speed, But comic book logic means someone with a bow &arrow or a boomerang can tag some going over 300 mph. let alone Mach 1 or near light speed. In the same manner Cap will win no manner how great Triathlon edge in stats due to Cap aura and much greater skill & experience. Also people are joking Triathlon way too much, I don't recall Narvel saying he's 3X Peak Human, IIRC he's 3X human period. Also for better or worse except for running 100 mph, Cap has over yrs equaled most if not all of Trialthlon feats

cdtm
Originally posted by shadowknight
a free trip to the ambulance and hospital of his choice. Were things even close to realistic anyone with enhance sped would almost automatically win against someone with normal speed, But comic book logic means someone with a bow &arrow or a boomerang can tag some going over 300 mph. let alone Mach 1 or near light speed. In the same manner Cap will win no manner how great Triathlon edge in stats due to Cap aura and much greater skill & experience. Also people are joking Triathlon way too much, I don't recall Narvel saying he's 3X Peak Human, IIRC he's 3X human period. Also for better or worse except for running 100 mph, Cap has over yrs equaled most if not all of Trialthlon feats

He claimed to have three times stats of three very fit humans across the board in Busiek's Avengers run.

The one that had a religious cult with members everywhere, who essentially secretly controlled the world (Gosh, wonder what conspiracy theory that was riffing on, oy!)

leonidas
as the only person in the history of, well, ever, to use triathlon in a tourney setting, i can say definitively that the lazy Phuking EMT galan was going to beat up would beat triathlon. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
as the only person in the history of, well, ever, to use triathlon in a tourney setting, i can say definitively that the lazy Phuking EMT galan was going to beat up would beat triathlon. thumb up

Scoob never did get around to that respect thread, I take it.

darthgoober
Has it ever actually been explicitly stated that Tri is 3x Cap? Because from what I know about him, I ain't buying it. It's very possible that he's got superior stats, but 3 times... doubtful. For instance, if he can really run 100 mph then yeah he's faster than Steve. But Cap can run nearly 60 mph, which means Tri's not ever a full 2x Cap in muscle speed.

cdtm
Never been said for CAP, no.

Just for a really fit guy. Which could mean anything from Daredevil, to a muscle Frank Castle could take by the truck load.

cdtm
In a related question:

Anyone remember Super Force? That mix of proceedual drama and Knight Rider, as the main character wore a robot suit? "in 2020, times are tough! This man's tougher!"

Near when the show was about the tank, the protagonist got super powers. As strong as 5 men. Average men.

So what gestalt wins? 3 Olympians, or five average guys?

I say the fit guys.

darthgoober
Originally posted by cdtm
Never been said for CAP, no.

Just for a really fit guy. Which could mean anything from Daredevil, to a muscle Frank Castle could take by the truck load.
Yeah see... Cap himself is 3x many "really fit guys". Like I said, Tri might have an edge in raw stats physical stats if we use their running speed as an indication, but not like blowout levels. And as far as reflexes go, Cap's are kinda crazy so I'd question whether or not Tri had any kind of edge there at all. Plus in regards to durability, Cap wears fairly decent body armor so HE'S probably the one with the edge in that department if both are in uniform.

cdtm
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah see... Cap himself is 3x many "really fit guys". Like I said, Tri might have an edge in raw stats physical stats if we use their running speed as an indication, but not like blowout levels. And as far as reflexes go, Cap's are kinda crazy so I'd question whether or not Tri had any kind of edge there at all. Plus in regards to durability, Cap wears fairly decent body armor so HE'S probably the one with the edge in that department if both are in uniform.

Really, any martial artist or super warrior worth their salt can hang with Spidey.

And he's sliiiightly better then three men. Even fit ones.

Bentley
Triathlon should win, but he doesn't have many feats that would put him above Steve, mostly just lip service.

Deadline
Originally posted by shadowknight
a free trip to the ambulance and hospital of his choice. laughing

shadowknight
Originally posted by cdtm
He claimed to have three times stats of three very fit humans across the board in Busiek's Avengers run.

The one that had a religious cult with members everywhere, who essentially secretly controlled the world (Gosh, wonder what conspiracy theory that was riffing on, oy!) VFH can mean anything from a guy who works out 4 days a week, a SF soldier like Ranger or SEAL, DD or Frank Castle. It doesn't mean Peak Human. Also what stats does he have that blows Cap out of the water? B/C outside of his running speed I don't recall any feats he's done Cap can't equal or surpass.

Also it's almost ingrained in stone that major heroes will always beat lesser heroes and character with their own book will beat characters without said book. Finally there's the vast skill and experience edge Cap is A+ is skill Triathlon is at best B-. plus I'm am not even including Cap aura in the mix.

Horrificus
Cap.
If u need to break it down, u can say Cap has all those impressive "Capwins", due to experience, training, will, intelligence, intuition, etc, etc, honed over many years of constant combat with the most dangerous beings in multiple universes.
Triath does not have anything like that.

If u want to chuck that out the window, that's cool. But somebody is going to have to open a thread where we can track, retcon results and dethrone a whole big bunch of favorite characters who use the same kind of details for victories.

I sh*t on your shiny, new Triathlon.
He can come try again when he has some hair on his balsawood airplane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.