Venom vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheKahn
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5273/henrivenomsized3hy.th.jpg

VS

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/806/gambit1in.th.jpg

Fight takes place in Central Park. The park is empty and neither contestant can leave it during the fight. There is no prep and both are bloodlusted.

So does Venom go asplode or does Gambit get his brains eaten?

inamilist
venom should win a strong majority here, especially if he uses the symbiote to its potential

StyleTime
If they're both bloodlusted then it's a stalemate. Gambit will just charge the arena or charge himself if Venom starts winning.

Although... Gambit has never been hurt by his explosions before. He might blow up everything and only Venom will be hurt. shifty

50/50.

inamilist
its central park, hence organic, not going to charge

and venom has been hit by gasoline tankers and not even flinched

venom 9/10

TheKahn
Originally posted by inamilist

EDIT

A week previous to the fight the sanitation workers of NYC when on strike, therefore there is plenty of trash and debris littering Central Park smile

inamilist
Originally posted by TheKahn
EDIT

A week previous to the fight the sanitation workers of NYC when on strike, therefore there is plenty of trash and debris littering Central Park smile

thats fine

im more refering to the idea of charging the battlefield

and, from what i can tell, gambit is hurt by his explosions... in Onslaught:X-men he gets gambit to charge the floor, doesnt it hurt everyone? gambit included?

StyleTime
thats fine

im more refering to the idea of charging the battlefield

and, from what i can tell, gambit is hurt by his explosions... in Onslaught:X-men he gets gambit to charge the floor, doesnt it hurt everyone? gambit included?
Don't remember. Check the Daredevil vs Gambit thread though. We are actually addressing Gambit's ability to be unnaffected by his power.

And Gambit can charge organic matter. He charged a tree branch. I think when the writers say "organic" they mean "human flesh". Even then, it's only "living human flesh" because Gambit has charged zombies before.

batdude123
Originally posted by StyleTime
Don't remember. Check the Daredevil vs Gambit thread though. We are actually addressing Gambit's ability to be unnaffected by his power.

And Gambit can charge organic matter. He charged a tree branch. I think when the writers say "organic" they mean "human flesh". Even then, it's only "living human flesh" because Gambit has charged zombies before.

Yeah, I saw him once charge up a tree before.

inamilist
still, gasoline fire>>>gambit's charge

Venom is immune to fire the way that carnage is immune to sonics...

im not sure immune is the proper term, but gambit would have lots of trouble hurting him

batdude123
Aren't gambit's cards powerful enough to knock down an entire building, or am I hearing things?

inamilist
ya, they are impressive

i'm in the midst of moving right now... there are scans in the Venom vs Collosus in a boxing match thread of him taking an explosion of that nature without even being knocked over

batdude123
^ Oh. wink

StyleTime
ya, they are impressive

i'm in the midst of moving right now... there are scans in the Venom vs Collosus in a boxing match thread of him taking an explosion of that nature without even being knocked over
Don't get me wrong. I only used charging the arena because it is Gambit's ONLY chance at winning lol. Venom has him beat in pretty much every area. Taking a gas tanker is pretty impressive. I only said 50/50 because I don't know how the explosion of Central Park would affect Venom. If the arena explosion tactic doesn't work, Gambit is screwed.

Venom 8-9/10.

...unless Gambit can charm him lol.

inamilist
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=v31ul.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=v23xt.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=v18cj.jpg

smile

charging the ring might do it stick out tongue

or he could try paying him off the way he did to deadpool

lol, well, he does have that certain southern manner about him that is very charming

batdude123
^ (*Talking to Style Time) We chere'.

inamilist
^^wink i think you mean "oui"

Kontraz

and venom has been hit by gasoline tankers and not even flinched

venom 9/10

umm.... im gonna call bullsh*t on that one... when the hell has that EVER happened?!?

badabing
Awww, look at Spidey saving that puppy.

Kontraz
Originally posted by badabing
Awww, look at Spidey saving that puppy.

if that thing explodes and venom is uneffected, thats sh*tty writing and should be thrown out. i mean, come on... venom's jumped into a tanker before and barely survived

Thunderstrike
The symbiote merged with it's clone, making it much more durable.

Kontraz
and im guessing immune to fire...?

Thunderstrike
No. Heavy resistance. Same as to sonics. However, without Eddie, the symbiote isn't even up to it's full potential. Something I want in Civil War: Eddie Brock vs Toxin.

Kontraz
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
No. Heavy resistance. Same as to sonics. However, without Eddie, the symbiote isn't even up to it's full potential. Something I want in Civil War: Eddie Brock vs Toxin.

well, we did get venom(with eddie, post upgrade) AND carnage vs toxin... im pretty sure venom would lose that one...

Tallis
Is this fully powered Gambit. If so all he has to do is stare at Venom to make him explode.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Tallis
Is this fully powered Gambit. If so all he has to do is stare at Venom to make him explode.

Nope, current version of Gambit and it's Eddie Brock with the symbiote.

inamilist
check the venom respect thread, he gets hit with high powered fire and explosives a lot and just shrugs them off

one of the last sets of scans has him getting nailed with a bunch of grenades and white phospherous bombs smile

Thunderstrike
He even levels an entire building right after it happens too. It has to be concentrated, or at a certain decibel level to shake the symbiote off easy.

meep-meep
I gotta say Venom eats his brains 7.5/10

samishe
If they are playing Poker then Gambit wins, if trying to kill each other then Venom wins.

samishe
Originally posted by Kontraz
well, we did get venom(with eddie, post upgrade) AND carnage vs toxin... im pretty sure venom would lose that one...

Don't be so sure. I think Venom could take Toxin. But it's hard for me to judge untill i see Toxin fighting Venom one-on-one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.