Fate (Kent Nelson) runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

B dot Rob
You know the deal Fate runs the gauntlet (let's say he wins or Spectre nukes everything) with 5 hours rest in between matches and not knowing who he'll face next (unless otherwise stated).

1.) The Original X-Men
2.) Iron Man, Vision, and Cap
3.) Genis-Vell (insane version)
4.) The Marvel Family (Captain, Mary and CM3 all splitting power of course)
5.) Professor Zoom (no PIS)
6.) Kid Miracleman
7.) Quasar, Air-Walker, and Firelord.
8.) Darkseid and Thanos (two days rest and prep)

CaptainStoic
I know that I shouldn't bring this up but would Fate be much weaker in the Marvel Universe, just like that Eye of Agamotto would be in the DC universe? It was just a thought that kept coming to mind. I'm Just remembering what Zatanna and the Scarlet Witch said about Chaos magic being more powerful in the DC universe. This could have an impact on Fates strength in the mystic realms. Just a thought.

Sixth_Winged
Stops either at Genis.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I know that I shouldn't bring this up but would Fate be much weaker in the Marvel Universe, just like that Eye of Agamotto would be in the DC universe? It was just a thought that kept coming to mind. I'm Just remembering what Zatanna and the Scarlet Witch said about Chaos magic being more powerful in the DC universe. This could have an impact on Fates strength in the mystic realms. Just a thought.

Meh, alright all battles take place in a neutral verse where Chaos Magic is as potent as it is in DC.

Validus
Genis has a decent chance though I'd bet on Kent. Zoom stomps him badly though.

gautam
Originally posted by Validus
Genis has a decent chance though I'd bet on Kent. Zoom stomps him badly though.

Don't you think that after the Marvels, at the end of his 5 hr rest, he'll know he has to fight again and so he'll put a shield to protect himself knowing to protect himself. This way he doesn't get speed blitzed, he levitates himself into the air, and telepathically assaults Zoom or throws him into another dimension etc...?

Swanky-Tuna
I think that's because, as it turns out, there is no chaos magic in marvel.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by gautam
Don't you think that after the Marvels, at the end of his 5 hr rest, he'll know he has to fight again and so he'll put a shield to protect himself knowing to protect himself. This way he doesn't get speed blitzed, he levitates himself into the air, and telepathically assaults Zoom or throws him into another dimension etc...?

Isn't Zoom immune to telepathy due to the nature of his powers?

Validus
I'm going under the assumption he doesn't start floating in the air.

Thanos_6383
You sign your death warrant when facing BOTH darksied and thanos

CaptainStoic
I say Genis will stop him cold, but then again it would depend on who gets the first attack... Thanos and Darkseid are overkill.

gautam
I say Genis will stop him cold, but then again it would depend on who gets the first attack... Thanos and Darkseid are overkill.

Look at it this way, In Dr. Fate #12 an inexperienced Linda who was only half of Dr. Fate, who even when merged with Eric was probably the weakest of all the Doctor Fates was taking Darkseid down by herself without prep. So if she can do that by herself, Kent, who is the most powerful and experienced of all Fates, at Full power could easily take Darkseid apart. Now add the fact that he has prep and that Nabu takes over Kent's mind when he turns into Fate. Its basically, Nabu with prep vs Thanos and Darkseid, and considering that Nabu is the most powerful of all the Lords of Order, Who are above Skyfather level, He would level these two..

Juntai
Look at it this way, In Dr. Fate #12 an inexperienced Linda who was only half of Dr. Fate, who even when merged with Eric was probably the weakest of all the Doctor Fates was taking Darkseid down by herself without prep. So if she can do that by herself, Kent, who is the most powerful and experienced of all Fates, at Full power could easily take Darkseid apart. Now add the fact that he has prep and that Nabu takes over Kent's mind when he turns into Fate. Its basically, Nabu with prep vs Thanos and Darkseid, and considering that Nabu is the most powerful of all the Lords of Order, Who are above Skyfather level, He would level these two.. It was Desaad, not Darkseid.

gautam
Originally posted by Juntai
It was Desaad, not Darkseid.

Are you sure, because i have it right in my hands right now, and it seems like its darkseid, he even refers to himself as darkseid and his parademons even refer to him as darkseid. Where does it say its Desaad?

Juntai
Are you sure, because i have it right in my hands right now, and it seems like its darkseid, he even refers to himself as darkseid and his parademons even refer to him as darkseid. Where does it say its Desaad? http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=retcon9ha.jpg

gautam
http://img506.imageshack.us/my.php?image=retcon9ha.jpg

oh, thanks man, but still Nabu tends to take over Kent, when he transforms into Fate, and so in essence, its Nabu, with 2 days of prep, vs Darkseid and Thanos. Being the most powerful Lord of Order, he is above skyfather level, and Odin took Thanos down, and so I'd bet Kent could take Thanos, without prep, and with prep, and Darkseid too, It'd be a good fight.

Juntai
Depends on how powered up Darkseid is.

Here's Darkseid calling the essences of all the Lords of Order and Chaos.
He says they all fear him and respect him.

The Lords of Order of course deny it...
The Lords of Chaos and Order start bickering kinda...

Darkseid tells them all to shut up.. And they do.. no questions asked.

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream4bo.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream19mc.jpg

I personally don't think he could have taken them all, anyone there likely could have given him a run, but look at the respect... It speaks volumes.

gautam
Depends on how powered up Darkseid is.

Here's Darkseid calling the essences of all the Lords of Order and Chaos.
He says they all fear him and respect him.

The Lords of Order of course deny it...
The Lords of Chaos and Order start bickering kinda...

Darkseid tells them all to shut up.. And they do.. no questions asked.

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream4bo.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scream19mc.jpg

I personally don't think he could have taken them all, anyone there likely could have given him a run, but look at the respect... It speaks volumes.

But this is the Desaad apparently, because this is the same Darkseid that a inexperienced Linda was blasting away.

Juntai
But this is the Desaad apparently, because this is the same Darkseid that a inexperienced Linda was blasting away. No, that's Darkseid, the one against the Fates was Desaad, his lackey, cloaked up to look like Darkseid. Didn't you read the other one I showed you?He was speaking of Desaad trying to emulate him and failing miserably.

gautam
No, that's Darkseid, the one against the Fates was Desaad, his lackey, cloaked up to look like Darkseid. Didn't you read the other one I showed you?He was speaking of Desaad trying to emulate him and failing miserably.

Yes, I did, but if Darkseids the one who made the deal with the Lords of Order and Chaos, How did Desaad know of the deal and try to kill Fate before Darkseid arrived and try to kill Fate himself?

Juntai
Yes, I did, but if Darkseids the one who made the deal with the Lords of Order and Chaos, How did Desaad know of the deal and try to kill Fate before Darkseid arrived and try to kill Fate himself? Those are different comics man. Not related. You're confusing yourself.

gautam
Those are different comics man. Not related. You're confusing yourself.

They are related, the scans of Darkseid talking to the Lords of Order and Chaos are in Dr. Fate #10, when in Dr. Fate #11 is when Darkseid goes to kill Eric and in #12 Linda intervenes and fights Darkseid. So I think that the Darkseid who is talking to the Lords of O&C is Desaad, and is bluffing when he says that they fear him.

Juntai
They are related, the scans of Darkseid talking to the Lords of Order and Chaos are in Dr. Fate #10, when in Dr. Fate #11 is when Darkseid goes to kill Eric and in #12 Linda intervenes and fights Darkseid. So I think that the Darkseid who is talking to the Lords of O&C is Desaad, and is bluffing when he says that they fear him. I doubt Desaad would be bluffing beings as old as the multiverse with any random costume.
The comic scan I showed only retconned the loss, not the events around it. But who knows.

gautam
alright, cool...But i believe that Kent would be able to take Thanos, without prep, because he is Nabu when he transforms to Fate, and adding in the prep he would crush Thanos. Also Thanos, on this forum seems to be recognized to be more powerful then Darkseid, so He'd take Darkseid too, if thats true.

Juntai
alright, cool...But i believe that Kent would be able to take Thanos, without prep, because he is Nabu when he transforms to Fate, and adding in the prep he would crush Thanos. Also Thanos, on this forum seems to be recognized to be more powerful then Darkseid, so He'd take Darkseid too, if thats true. Thanos is not on Darkseid's level without prep or something helping him.

But yeah, Nabu does take over Kents form when he's Fate... But it's not the equivelent of Nabu. It's still just conduit of power. Not equal to the whole.

gautam
Thanos is not on Darkseid's level without prep or something helping him.

But yeah, Nabu does take over Kents form when he's Fate... But it's not the equivelent of Nabu. It's still just conduit of power. Not equal to the whole.

Agreed, but he would know all the spells that Nabu would know. Add in Prep of 2 days, Im sure he could read up on tons of spells that would help him defeat Thanos. I'm not sure about Darkseid though because I don't know if he is above or below the Lords of Order. I think Kent clears the Gauntlet till Thanos and Darkseid, (If he doesnt get speedblitzed by Zoom) and then this would be a good fight.

Juntai
Yeah with two days of rest and prep against them, he should gather a win, regardless of how off the wall it the 'win' may be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.