Yoda runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Yoda has a day rest between each battle. Where does he stop?

1) AOTC Anakin
2) Quinlan Vos
3) DN Mara Jade
4) DN Leia Organa
5) DN Kyle Katarn
6) DN Kyp Durron

Revolver Ocelot

tdtd
I'd say either 6 or he goes all the way. I'm not sure how much better or if Kyp was even better than Yoda with a lightsaber, even though his mastery of the force seems a little bit better than Yoda's..

Faunus
In raw power, probably. But in terms of mastery, perception, and knowledge? Yoda owns him and every other Jedi in that department. He's nine hundred years old.

Darth Kal-El
EDIT. Force powers and lightsaber combat.

ThoraxeRMG
all the way

tdtd
Yea I guess so, all the way.

((The_Anomaly))
Either 6. or he makes it. I think he's Superior to all 6 in lightsaber combat, but Kyp is probably more powerful in raw force power.

But all Post-ROTJ characters are more powerful in raw force power then the PT or OT characters...so...

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Yoda has a day rest between each battle. Where does he stop?

1) AOTC Anakin
2) Quinlan Vos
3) DN Mara Jade
4) DN Leia Organa
5) DN Kyle Katarn
6) DN Kyp Durron

1) Yoda pwns
2) He actually has to try but still pwns pretty bad
3) I'll admit I don't really know much about Mara but if Mara's below DN Leia then I don't see Yoda having a problem with her.
4) Not any more of a challenge than Vos.
5) Yoda has alot of troulbe and maybe goes down here but I bet he makes it.
6) Yoda goes down hard.

So we have 4 that he pretty much pwns, one that's a challenge and one that he stands no chance against. Not a very good gauntlet.

tdtd
Explain how he stands no chance against Kyp?

darthsith19
He controlled a black hole, he killed that huge beast, he is close to Luke in power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Kyp_Durron

Revolver Ocelot
Not close to Luke, but DID control a black hole, signifying extreme force tk and great mastery of the force.

tdtd
That's lovely, and this helps him in a fight with Yoda how?

Illustrious
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Not close to Luke, but DID control a black hole, signifying extreme force tk and great mastery of the force.

Was it mentioned to be telekinesis?

Great Vengeance
Yoda goes all the way...

Revolver Ocelot
Was it mentioned to be telekinesis?

IIRC, which I probably don't. Something about reaching into the force and moving it. It's vague but... I don't know what else to make of it.

darthsith19
It proves that he has Force mastery far greater than Yoda.

Darth Kal-El
But knowledge of the Force won't help him with this match now wiill it?

tdtd
What the last guy said, he maybe has a ridiculous mastery of the force but in terms of battle I'd give it to Yoda. We don't know how good Kyp was with a saber but very few were better than Yoda.

Deception
Yep, in Wikipedia, they also say Luke could "possibly" surpass Yoda in power.

tdtd
Luke does surpass Yoda in power by NJO

Deception
Yes, thats how i have proven that Wikipedia is more likely N-Canon then canon. It's written based on some facts and some biased opinions.

tdtd
Luke surpassing Yoda makes it N Canon?

darthsith19
Originally posted by tdtd
What the last guy said, he maybe has a ridiculous mastery of the force but in terms of battle I'd give it to Yoda. We don't know how good Kyp was with a saber but very few were better than Yoda.
If his Force mastery is that great he could just chuck Yoda across the room, or even Force Choke Yoda, Kyp has used the Dark Side before and may do so again.

tdtd
No you're wrong, force mastery doesn't mean he can be able to use it during a fight, or if he even knows how.

darthsith19
No you're wrong, force mastery doesn't mean he can be able to use it during a fight, or if he even knows how.
What? Why couldn't he use the Force in a fight?

tdtd
How is manipulating a black hole helpful in a fight? Yoda has shown force mastery that is useful to a fight such as absorbtion and shooting lightning back. Kyp hasn't.

darthsith19
How is manipulating a black hole helpful in a fight? Yoda has shown force mastery that is useful to a fight such as absorbtion and shooting lightning back. Kyp hasn't.
It isn't, unless there's a black hole nearby. As I already stated, It proves that he has Force mastery far greater than Yoda. Okay, so Yoda can catch lightning in his hands, big deal, Kyp could just stop it with his saber. Stopping Force Lightning with your hands isn't as great as manipulating a black hole.

tdtd
Originally posted by darthsith19
It isn't, unless there's a black hole nearby. As I already stated, It proves that he has Force mastery far greater than Yoda. Okay, so Yoda can catch lightning in his hands, big deal, Kyp could just stop it with his saber. Stopping Force Lightning with your hands isn't as great as manipulating a black hole.

Um ok, that's lovely.. We know he's superior to Yoda in the force when you list random feats that don't help him in a 1 on 1 duel with someone as powerful as Yoda. What i'm trying to say is none of his force powers are useful in a 1 on 1 battle with a powerful Jedi. Yoda would run circles around him and slice him into pieces.

darthsith19
Yeah, cause his saber skills suck. Have you even read NJO?

Faunus
Your terminology is off, darthsith. Force mastery is one's knowledge and proficiency regarding techniques in the Force. What you're talking about is raw power, which yes, Kyp has in excess. But look back on Anakin and Dooku in AotC: the former had all the raw power and potential in the world, while the latter had considerable power on his own, as well as staggering mastery of the Force. The Count also has eight times more experience than Anakin. Who won?

Now compare this to Yoda and Kyp. In this case, the powerhouse has actually recognized much of his power, unlike Anakin as of AotC, so the circumstances are different. But this time, you also have a Jedi Master who's been training in the ways of the Force - both dark and light (LoE, DR) - for nearly nine centuries. That's what, twenty-five, thirty times as much Force experience as Durron? Not to mention that he's a master swordsman to boot. Kyp Durron, while skilled, was defeated by four slayers in melee combat.

We've seen Yoda stop Force lightning at point-blank range, lightning strong enough to hurl a full-grown man several dozen meters out into the air. I doubt he'd be able to counter a full-on blast of Force energy from Kyp, whose vastly more powerful than Sidious, if you really think Kyp is going to choke Yoda to death - the same Yoda who has challenged and triumphed over Dark Jedi in the past, I don't know what to say. Durron may be able to pull off a win by trying to crush Yoda with his power, but I don't find that very likely.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
all the way

^ yes

Darth Kal-El, you shoulda picked tougher enemies.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
^ yes

Darth Kal-El, you shoulda picked tougher enemies. Agreed.

DePWNZOR
Yoda goes all the way

Stealth
Well put Faunus... But if Yoda has to fight all these opponents one after another, it may take a toll on his feats and may been low on power when he reaches Kyp... But Yoda does have 900 years of experience, wise and powerful, very masterful at relentlessely attacking his foes... So I'll have to say that Yoda goes all the way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.