Bastila VS. Anakin Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThoraxeRMG
Who will win?

tdtd
Bastila never showed anythng impressive other than her battle meditation. I'll go with Anakin.

Revolver Ocelot
It depends, if she really is stronger than Bandon (which I highly doubt and revear as the most BS thing ever), then she wins pretty convincingly.

Otherwise? She gets tooled to oblivion.

Tangible God
What he said.^

darthsith19
Which Anakin?

Darth Katarn
OMD...WTF...How...WHA...How is that even a contest Bastilla would woop anakin without even breaking a sweat and remember Anakin is no more than a child

tdtd
Darth Katarn you must be new. Remind me how Anakin is just a child, and how Bastilla shows any power whatsoever besides her battle meditation

Revolver Ocelot
OMD...WTF...How...WHA...How is that even a contest Bastilla would woop anakin without even breaking a sweat and remember Anakin is no more than a child

Anakin is 17, more than a child. And yes, Bastila would win IF SHE WAS STRONGER THAN BANDON, but if she isn't there is no reason to believe she'd last more than a few moments.

Darth Katarn
OK what anakin Solo are we talking about how old is he i might have forgotten. Oh and bastilla Had to be one very powerful jedi for malak to even look at her to be an apprentice.not to mention to be revans apprentice. And her lightsaber skills are far more advanced than any new jedi order saber form they dont evan know what saber forms are. they just swing it around. i know this because in KOTOR 2 when you are on Korriban i cant quite reember witch tomb but if you walk near it kreia will start talking and eventialy start talking about how the jedi and sith of the past had far more advanced and more powerful lightsaber skills. And through the generations of jedi and sith the lightsaber forms have become weaker. witch means that the old jedi such as bastilla would have more powerful lightsaber moves than Say anakin from the new order were know one really knows the right way of saber styles so in a lightsaber duel Anakin would lose HORRIBLY.

tdtd
Uhmmm... No.. Bastila had battle meditation period, nothing else was shown about her power except her getting pwned by Malak. Anakn Solo was powerful even as a teenager.

Darth Katarn
How about you explain instead of just saying he is so powerful and prove me wrong About the lightsaber combat and that anakin wouldnt lose in a lightsaber duel

tdtd
Because Anakin was shown to have force abilities although i'm not sure of his saber abilities, I know that Bastila wasn't a prodigy in either.

Darth Katarn
On that i agree she may not of been the best. But she was of the jedi from long ago.so her saber skills were much better than anakins although im not sure about anakins force abilitys

tdtd
What do her saber skills have to do with when she was around? Nothing was mentioned about her saber skills, she was subpar at best.

Darth Katarn
Its Known that jedi from farther back in time had better lightsaber skills and that would make a big difference when fighting a NJO jedi

Revolver Ocelot
Its Known that jedi from farther back in time had better lightsaber skills and that would make a big difference when fighting a NJO jedi

What? She did live in a warlike time but just because she's ancient doesn't mean she's a saber God. An average Jedi is an average Jedi.

Seriously, you can easily make a good case for Bastila but you're not making much sense.

tdtd
Assumptions are logical fallacies..

Darth Katarn
im trying to be clear an average jedi in bastilas time is like a jedi master or better in NJO time

Darth Katarn
anakin is young and he has little knowledge of the force compared to bastilla

Revolver Ocelot
im trying to be clear an average jedi in bastilas time is like a jedi master or better in NJO time

No, an average Jedi of KOTOR times was like an average Jedi in NJO times, except with more knowledge of the force (well, better access to knowledge of the force) and better teachers. The NJO times were warlike too with the Yuuzhan Vong

Darth Katarn
exactly which means less time for training

Xepeyon
Originally posted by Darth Katarn
anakin is young and he has little knowledge of the force compared to bastilla

Bastila is in her early twenties, and is known for nothing but her Battle Meditation. Anakin Solo is just a few years younger with FAR more raw force potential, which in many cases can tip the scales(Anakin vs Dooku). Seeing as Bastila is referred to as ignorant, it is likely she has little force knowledge beyond her special gift, seeing as she always used to think she knew her lessons before she fully understood them. Anakin was quite willing to learn, and with his potential, likely learned his lessons faster than Bastila ever could. in terms of skill - I say Anakin. in terms of force - also Anakin. Bastila doesn't stand a chance.

tdtd
Originally posted by Darth Katarn
exactly which means less time for training

Speculation, logical fallacy. He said maybe with not as much knowledge of the force, and that's a maybe. Anakin Solo has more raw force power than Bastila, he takes this.

Deception
Ok Darth Katarn, so now your saying that every Jedi that goes further than the timeline is weaker? So by your logic, Bastila would WTFpwn DN Luke Skywalker? I don't think so, also if you put it that way, the Sith that died 2000 years ago ie the Ancient Sith, such as Sadow would pwn all the Kotor Jedi put together? No, he would be most of them, but he would fall.

I suggest you provide cannon prove, with Kreia's quotes counting for little, if her world was god, then the Ancient Sith would wtfpwn every single Kotor Jedi with so much as twirling a saber/sword. Bastila has shown no strength outside of her battle mediation, and no Malak chose her, due to her Battle Mediation, which would pretty much make the Sith invincible. Take into account, Malak is not much better than Count Dooku or Mace Windu in terms of lightsaber combat.

tdtd
I would put Malak below Dooku and Wndu

Deception
"not much" better.

Wesker
Uh, I love the appeal to personal opinions in this thread...

Anyways, were you all sleeping during the first cutscene when Bastila butchers a dark jedi right on the bridge of Revan's ship? She was the first one to make it there; you think she did it by being a shitty ass duellist? You think they send the worst duellist known only for her battle meditation to HEAD an assault on Revan's capital ship to capture a dark lord, and then later let her lead him around by the nose and train him?

Wow, way to not pay attention during the game, folks.

Rayvann
Originally posted by tdtd
I would put Malak below Dooku and Wndu

Why?

Revolver Ocelot
Anyways, were you all sleeping during the first cutscene when Bastila butchers a dark jedi right on the bridge of Revan's ship? She was the first one to make it there; you think she did it by being a shitty ass duellist? You think they send the worst duellist known only for her battle meditation to HEAD an assault on Revan's capital ship to capture a dark lord, and then later let her lead him around by the nose and train him?

It could have been a trap. Revan would want Bastila for her battle meditation. Why would he have her killed when he could have easily captured her on his flagship?

Wesker
I've put forth that theory myself. However, it's also possible that it wasn't, AND we still see her butcher that dark jedi with relative ease.

My point is, instead of everyone saying "She's only good for battle meditation", take a look at everything she's done. She's hardly just a one-trick pony.

skyflyer
Malak also picked her out of many dark jedi to be his apprentice. The jedi believed she was powerful enough to be part of the taskforce that was dispatched to arrest Revan. The fact that she had such great battle meditation shows that she must have been very powerful with the force and also shows that she must have had huge potential.

Wesker
Numan, I presume?

skyflyer
Who?

Wesker
Uh huh.

tdtd
Janus whether or not it was a trap, her defeating a dark jedi doesn't say anything definitive about her power, especially enough to put her above Anakin. And I do remember that scene but I was staring at her chestsmile

skyflyer
But aren't you gay?

tdtd
Wow Numan, if you're going to pretend to be somebody else, might want to remove the same sig numan had..

Wesker
I think he rather enjoys the attention, really.

skyflyer
I'm not Numan. I too support the Mavs. But seriously, I wasn't taking the piss. By your expresions and stuff I guess you just seemed gay. I thought it was common knowledge in these forums.

Wesker
You're Numan. Not even smart enough to stay incognito, that's sad.

skyflyer
Sorry?

Deception
Numan, for one change your location and gender, that is exactly what Numan has said, and your comment on Malak choosing Bastila is rather pathetic, Malak himself was not a overpowering Sith Lord, whilst Bastila is not weak she isn't much above average, its really her battle meditation that puts her above normal Jedi Masters.

ThoraxeRMG
I would think Bastila would win becasue of her skills with a Double bladed Lightsaber, but the coments on this thread Had got me to think more. So I don't have a solid answer myself now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.