Exar Kun vs Darth Revan, DE Sidious and Ulic Qel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deception
Who wins?

placing my bets on Kun taking down Revan, with relative ease, then Ulic keeps him busy while Sidious cooks up his force storm.

thetruepower
Revan takes this alone. He is far greater then Kun's. And even though I may be a Revan fanboy, I base my decision on logic and am not just the typical fanboy. Consider the fact that Kun may have been the best in his era, but Revan was by far the best in his era. My reasoning behind this was that Kun was only just able to defeat his master, and IMO not through sheer skill (read what I have said in the Vodo versus Kun thread in the lit section) and wasn't even able to defeat Ulic Quel-Droma. I would still rate him as the best in his era but not that much above these people. Revan on the otherhand was leagues above everyone else in his era. Malak, Revan's former pupil and DLOTS at the time of the start of KOTOR, was the Darth Vader of the KOTOR era. Nobody could touch him. The masters feared him. He was basically unstoppable, yet a memory wiped Revan (in his amneisic state was a shell of his former self) with some companions (I'm guessing Bindo and Juhani, and maybe HK) was able to battle through a fortress of dark jedi and advanced star forge battle droids, and then on his own was able to defeat Malak with all of the power of the star forge (he was repeatedly able to rejuvinate himself back to life). That pretty much explains how he was leagues above everyone in his era, as he was able to defeat by far the greatest threat in the galaxy who nobody could touch quite, and not only was he able to defeat him once, but reapeatedly.

thetruepower
I'd also like to point out that Malak believed that there would be no way in hell that Revan would be stopped by the hundreds (or thousands) of dark jedi and advanced battle droids. He believed that they would only be able to slow him down and give Malak the time he needed to prepare for their battle. So it is clear that Malak had a pretty high opinion of him. Yet once Revan defeats him, he states that he had previously UNDERESTIMATED him and that if he had uncovered the secrets of the star forge himself, would have become invincible. So Malak's underestimated idea of Revan would easily be able to battle through a fortress of dark jedi and advance battle droids. Now imagine how powerful Revan really must have been. Now imagine how powerful Revan (during his reign of dark lord of the sith) must have been. Kun would get owned.

Deception
yep pure fanboyism, sorry if none of us take your opinion. Zephiel7 is able to provide proof. hundreds and thousands? yes yes, considering Gameplay is N-Canon and purely for entertainment. Revan was pretty much inferior to Kun in every aspect, but that is just the majority's view, and you here Numan can try all you want, but your opinion will be taken as a laugh. Oh if you want to play it with quotes, Malak said, you are strong Revan, stronger than you ever were, when you were the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Forgive me Numan, but i hate to cut your fantasys, but Revan is just not up there with Kun. Yep i agree with Kun getting owned, if he has no arm,no legs, no eyes and he has been stripped of the force, otherwise Revan gets owned.

For someone who says there is no proof for Ragnos curbstomping almost every sith, you have used that logic, speculation, quotes and etc. not to mention less credible quotes, considering Malak wasn't a powerful dark lord himself.

If you don't mind Numan, your ignorance is not wanted in this forum, not that im disputing Revan's power, but you supporting him gives him a bad name, now if you please allow more qualified members such as Zephiel7 who is able to provide much more proof than you argue with me. Quite frankly your are a complete idiot and any comment you make will be ignore henceforth.

Deception
Originally posted by thetruepower
Yep, i know im operating on stupid logic and speculation, i just fantasy about how Revan is teh uberest of teh Sith, *drools from fantasing,* i know Kun would curbstomp Revan, but my fanboyism prevents me from using common logic, so i must lie and say Revan wins and pwnzors!

Good Work, you finally admit the truth.

thetruepower
That's great Deception. Just ignore my posts.

Deception
Correction : As of now, most people will take your posts are opinion and fanboyism and hence arguing with someone who so flatly refuses to accept truth, is utterly pointless. Refer to any notable member here and you will know that you are not wanted.

thetruepower
You have failed to adress my points on how Revan was leagues above anybody else in his era and Kun was only slightly better then people in his era.

Deception
And you have failed to show how that is so. Speculation on what weaker characters say of him means close to nothing. You have provided us with a few quotes and you say i have failed? I do not need to prove anything, you have proven your stupidity without that reasoning.

And you fail to see, that because Revan was leagues above everyone in his era, it doesn't put him above Kun. So i can just easily speculate that because the Jedi Masters of the time, faced off against Sith such as Naga Sadow, they are in turn leagues above everyone in the Kotor Era.

Note: Most of the masters that Kun smashed onto the ground were well over a thousand with exceptions.

thetruepower
Explain how the jedi masters of Kun's era were greater then the masters of the KOTOR era. If I remember correctly, Arca Jeth, one of the top masters of the time got completely owned by a minor sith weakling and got killed by droids. Thon and Ood never displayed anything spectacular. Odun Urr was more of a scholar. Vodo was the greatest master of Kun's era and while being pretty damn uber, was nothing compared to the likes of Traya and Malak.

IKC
Numan, get banned again.

Deception, stop making "let's throw X against Kun and see if he finally dies!" threads. Seriously.

Revan's a total nonfactor here, and gets owned by Sith magic.

Ulic may or may not be able to hold Kun off long enough for Sidious to do something nasty with the Force, it's hard to speculate. I'm leaning towards "may."

thetruepower
Right, he gets owned by sith magic. Just like Ulic when Kun set out to kill him. Oh that's right. He didn't. Revan will easily take him. he doesn't need Sidious and Ulic.

Blaxican_Hydra
Numan you should join my anti-antediluvian federation. You are the unkillable foe.

thetruepower
Hell yeah. If it's anti-antediluvian, I'll join.

Wesker
A socking eleven year old who thinks his opinion changes reality is the anti-antedeluvian in principle.

Btw, why aren't you banned yet? Not only are you socking for the umpteenth time, but you're violating the TOS by being underaged.

tdtd
Interesting fight, IKC you can't call Revan a non factor here, we don't really know what he's capable of at this point. Ulic holding off Kun may or may not happen, depends if Kun uses his double blade or not, but if he can hold him down long enough for the force storm to be unleashed, Kun is gone.

IKC
We know enough about his capabilities to know he's a freaking pipsqueak in comparison to Exar Kun.

tdtd
Lol.. What a logical statement. Actually Revan's power is as speculatory as Ulic's, or Bane's. We all know your opinion on Kun so no need to state the obvious.

IKC
Originally posted by tdtd
Lol.. What a logical statement. Actually Revan's power is as speculatory as Ulic's, or Bane's. We all know your opinion on Kun so no need to state the obvious.

Appeal to ridicule, logical fallacy.

No, Revan's power as we know it now is fairly easy to deduce (above most if not all PT entities, I'd say). To lay out a blanket statement without any reasoning behind it that "we don't know" his power makes as much sense as a grizzly bear ****ing a chicken.

But keep on hoping for KOTOR III. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. *rolls eyes*

tdtd
Appeal to ridicule is a logical fallacy as you just stated, good job.. At least make accurate statements when trying to use a personal attack. What does Revan have to do with KOTOR III or my excitement for it to come out? Let me try to get on your level.. "Dude I hope they come out with another Kun comic when he is resurrected from the dead and destroys the galaxy with one fart". Now you have something to beat off to, go..

IKC
Let's see, you:

Don't understand appeal to ridicule and apparently think it's the same as ad hominem.

Apparently don't remember your repeated statements that we'll "know more" about Revan/his power when KOTOR III comes out.

Lay out a blanket statement that we can't possibly judge his power with what we know now, despite the fact that we can and have in past threads with more reasoning and evidence than you've provided in your entire career trolling these forums.

tdtd
And that has to do with you not being able to read how? This has to do with my post how? Oh I see, you respond to personal attacks with ones of your own. Oh yes, I see how I have been "trolling" this forum today. If you can't read, that's your problem don't expect to use personal attacks to make your argument.

tdtd
And that has to do with you not being able to read how? This has to do with my post how? Oh I see, you respond to personal attacks with ones of your own. Oh yes, I see how I have been "trolling" this forum today. If you can't read, that's your problem don't expect to use personal attacks to make your argument.

Btw I like how you put in personal opinions from months ago to construct your argument, especially when you can't interpret them properly.. Nce

Don't understand appeal to ridicule and apparently think it's the same as ad hominem.

Yes I understand the difference and just because you claim I don't doesn't make it true "Goebbels".

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Wesker
A socking eleven year old who thinks his opinion changes reality is the anti-antedeluvian in principle.

Btw, why aren't you banned yet? Not only are you socking for the umpteenth time, but you're violating the TOS by being underaged.

It won't matter if he's ban. He'll just come back...

Numan put the words "Anti-Antediluvian" in your location spot.

IKC
I won't ask you to define appeal to ridicule for me since you can simply Google it but when you act like appeal to ridicule = personal attack (which is what you called it) then I'm going to call you on it.

Anyway, try responding with a cogent argument next time.

tdtd
Originally posted by IKC
I won't ask you to define appeal to ridicule for me since you can simply Google it but when you act like appeal to ridicule = personal attack (which is what you called it) then I'm going to call you on it.

Anyway, try responding with a cogent argument next time.

Translation: I lack reading comprehension skills, I make ridiculous and innacurate interpretations of statements and/or opinions..

I'm glad you would think I'll google it, after all, most of your arguments are pure speculation.

thetruepower
Alright just did it.

tdtd
Oh lord Numan just stay out.

IKC
I'm glad you would think I'll google it, after all, most of your arguments are pure speculation.

You again accuse me of poor reading comprehension when it's quite obvious that your own needs a lot of work.

Can. Not will.

English.

tdtd
Originally posted by IKC
You again accuse me of poor reading comprehension when it's quite obvious that your own needs a lot of work.

Can. Not will.

English.

This is about you not me, what is this, "I know you are but what am I"? I accuse you of poor reading comprehension skills because thats what you show in your thread, so you respond to "No yours are poor". Brilliant..

IKC
This is about you not me, what is this, "I know you are but what am I"? I accuse you of poor reading comprehension skills because thats what you show in your thread, so you respond to "No yours are poor". Brilliant..

And then I prove up by showing your reading comprehension is so deficient that you apparently thought my use of can meant will.

You prove up by dancing around and making the same accusation without proving up. Nevermind the nature of the evidence is against you, you're still going to say the same nonsense over and over.

QED.

tdtd
Originally posted by IKC
And then I prove up by showing your reading comprehension is so deficient that you apparently thought my use of can meant will.

You prove up by dancing around and making the same accusation without proving up. Nevermind the nature of the evidence is against you, you're still going to say the same nonsense over and over.

QED.

The evidence is against me? Are you serious? Do you go into every argument thinking you're right and use your denial defense mechanism to back that up? I've proven how you lack reading comprehension skills whether or not your confused mind wants to believe it.. But please, humor us some more.

darthsith19
I'd be on the trio. Kun pwns Ulic, then is about to pwn Revan when Sidious creates a Force Storm, which kills both Revan and Kun. So the trio wins but Revan and Ulic die.

Faunus
If this were a gauntlet, yeah, Kun would take down Ulic while Revan and Sidious looked on and laughed.

zephiel7
The trio take Kun down. Ulic and Revan keep Kun at bay with superiour lightsaber skills.

Ulic defeated Mandalore and tied a weaker Exar Kun. He shows no aptitude for sith alchemy within the comics however his skill with the lightsaber is adequately described.

Revan also defeated Mandalore, in what was described as an epic duel. Afterwards he proceeded to defeat Darth Malak, a sith lord empowered by the force power of an entire race. His skill in echani precognition is stated in game to be above those of the ancient echani seers.

DE Sidious cooks up a force storm. His storm is described as enough to destroy an entire star ship, a formidable feat. Now assuming Revan and Ulic are batting Kun around, Kun would not have enough concentration to build up a suitable resistance. Together, Revan and Ulic push back Kun, while DE Sidious conjures up a force storm that will most likely kill himself and his comrades but hey... maybe not.

Illustrious
Revan takes this alone. He is far greater then Kun's. And even though I may be a Revan fanboy, I base my decision on logic and am not just the typical fanboy. Consider the fact that Kun may have been the best in his era, but Revan was by far the best in his era. My reasoning behind this was that Kun was only just able to defeat his master, and IMO not through sheer skill (read what I have said in the Vodo versus Kun thread in the lit section) and wasn't even able to defeat Ulic Quel-Droma. I would still rate him as the best in his era but not that much above these people. Revan on the otherhand was leagues above everyone else in his era. Malak, Revan's former pupil and DLOTS at the time of the start of KOTOR, was the Darth Vader of the KOTOR era. Nobody could touch him. The masters feared him. He was basically unstoppable, yet a memory wiped Revan (in his amneisic state was a shell of his former self) with some companions (I'm guessing Bindo and Juhani, and maybe HK) was able to battle through a fortress of dark jedi and advanced star forge battle droids, and then on his own was able to defeat Malak with all of the power of the star forge (he was repeatedly able to rejuvinate himself back to life). That pretty much explains how he was leagues above everyone in his era, as he was able to defeat by far the greatest threat in the galaxy who nobody could touch quite, and not only was he able to defeat him once, but reapeatedly.

My god, I want you to point out one inequivocable fact in this jumble of garbage.

Darth Malak was the Darth Vader of his era? This is the centerpiece of your argument? Not only is this a senseless, idiotic comparison, you've effectively turned logical debating into a joke. Good job.

thetruepower
Kun's realatively peaceful era and crappy jedi order was completely inferior to Revan's era. Kun was only slightly the best in his era. Revan is leagues above everyone else in his era. There is nothing Kun can do with his sith magic that would help him against Revan. At the end of the day, they are hard to compare because they are both from completely different eras, neither of them have spectacular enough techniques that would grant them victory (not like Luke's lightning, Nihilus or Sion etc.) and there are hard factors to consider such as video gameplay and bad artwork and exaggerations involved in comics. However we know that Kun was only slightly the best in his era, while Revan was by far the greatest in his era. How could people not think that Revan would win?

Great Vengeance
Kun's realatively peaceful era and crappy jedi order was completely inferior to Revan's era. Kun was only slightly the best in his era. Revan is leagues above everyone else in his era. There is nothing Kun can do with his sith magic that would help him against Revan. At the end of the day, they are hard to compare because they are both from completely different eras, neither of them have spectacular enough techniques that would grant them victory (not like Luke's lightning, Nihilus or Sion etc.) and there are hard factors to consider such as video gameplay and bad artwork and exaggerations involved in comics. However we know that Kun was only slightly the best in his era, while Revan was by far the greatest in his era. How could people not think that Revan would win?

Revan the greatest in his era?!?

Kreia(to the exile):"You are the strongest I have ever trained..."

Theres nothing to contradict it, so this heart-warming quote stands.

Illustrious

Really, and what here have you posted that was worth replying to?

Proof? Most of the Jedi Masters of Kun's era were killed off by Kun's forces, Ossus was destroyed. So what? The Jedi gained power from subtraction? WTF?

Bullshit, offer proof. Revan and Malak's duel was "epic." Do you have an epic duel with someone whom you're leagues better than? Prove up.

You mean besides blast him with his amulet? Toss him around? Right, more bullshit.

Gameplay = N-Canon. Comic = C-Canon.

Difference? Yes. Too bad you don't quite understand it.

Because you have no proof of the above statement, and you have no understanding about their respective eras.

Revolver Ocelot
Revan can advantage himself in that fight. Malak, canonically, only used one extra life. Revan could and might have drained the other 7.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Revan the greatest in his era?!?

Kreia(to the exile):"You are the strongest I have ever trained..."

Theres nothing to contradict it, so this heart-warming quote stands.

LMAO, yup. I guess Exile's the strongest in the era. roll eyes (sarcastic)

thetruepower
I mean the KOTOR era. KOTOR2 is a different era. Plus The Exile was in no way close to Revan.

Illustrious
I mean the KOTOR era. KOTOR2 is a different era. Plus The Exile was in no way close to Revan.

Kreia said "best I ever trained."

That includes Revan.

See how stupid using unconfirmed quotes are? Kreia also said that her era are like children with lightsabers compared to the Ancient Sith, I guess Revan is totally pwned.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Illustrious
Kreia said "best I ever trained."

That includes Revan.

See how stupid using unconfirmed quotes are? Kreia also said that her era are like children with lightsabers compared to the Ancient Sith, I guess Revan is totally pwned.

Lol I was serious...

A quote from Kreia is better than unsubstantiated speculation, if there was an apparent contradiction(say Revan defeating the Exile in combat) than the quote would be overruled...but there is no such evidence against the Exile winning so Kreias quote is the best thing we have.

Illustrious
Lol I was serious...

A quote from Kreia is better than unsubstantiated speculation, if there was an apparent contradiction(say Revan defeating the Exile in combat) than the quote would be overruled...but there is no such evidence against the Exile winning so Kreias quote is the best thing we have.

I know you were being serious, I just remarked how well that quote gets the Revan fanboys every time.

They use one-sided logic, and when someone else brings up something that contradicts them, they hide under a rock.

Rayvann
Sometimes I wonder if game desingers take preverse delight in leaving questions unaswered...

KOTOR II made so many new questions... and gave few answers.

Great Vengeance
I know you were being serious, I just remarked how well that quote gets the Revan fanboys every time.

They use one-sided logic, and when someone else brings up something that contradicts them, they hide under a rock.

Yeah, Revan fanboys are among the worst of all fanboys.

Rayvann
Yeah, Revan fanboys are among the worst of all fanboys.

Plo Koon fanboys are more annoying... how can anyone like that ugly creature?

Illustrious
Beats me, but HE CAN FREEZE TEH KREAKS!!!!1!1

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Rayvann
Sometimes I wonder if game desingers take preverse delight in leaving questions unaswered...

KOTOR II made so many new questions... and gave few answers.

Simply put, KOTOR II is imcomplete....

They should never have messed with SW if they werent going to atleast set reasonable boundaries, and clarify the radical changes they introduced.

Illustrious

They should never have messed with SW if they werent going to atleast set reasonable boundaries, and clarify the radical changes they introduced.

Agreed, rushing production of a game that explores that much into EU should never happen.

Rayvann

Well TOTJ was around before PT came out... so the concept of no relationships, and the PT attitude of pacifisim had yet to be deveolped. Most of the Jedi in TOTJ are more like elite warriors and solders than peacekeeprs. Some are even married even. Then the PT came out and games strived to emulate to PT era somewhat. In KOTOR Jedi wear robes, have a ruling counsel, have that gay ass code that makes no sense and all the other buddist monk impersonation crap.

It would have been better had the KOTOR desiners modeled KOTOR off TOTJ.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Rayvann
Well TOTJ was around before PT came out... so the concept of no relationships, and the PT attitude of pacifisim had yet to be deveolped. Most of the Jedi in TOTJ are more like elite warriors and solders than peacekeeprs. Some are even married even. Then the PT came out and games strived to emulate to PT era somewhat. In KOTOR Jedi wear robes, have a ruling counsel, have that gay ass code that makes no sense and all the other buddist monk impersonation crap.

It would have been better had the KOTOR desiners modeled KOTOR off TOTJ.

I completely agree. The ambiguous line in ROTS also seems to indicate the entire Jedi Order was reformed after Ruusan anyway.

Rayvann
I completely agree. The ambiguous line in ROTS also seems to indicate the entire Jedi Order was reformed after Ruusan anyway.

Yea... that's one of the problems with EU... all those inconsistancies.

I suppose if you were looking for answer that would make sense canonicly(sp?) it would be that Jedi reformed after Exar Kun's fall. Not that it helped much... with Revan and Malak causing more devistation on a much larger scale than Exar Kun.

Wesker
EU is inconsistant because there was never any one person resposible for maintaining accuracy. This was a serious fault of early Lucasfilm decision making and tends to make EU a bastard child branch of the genre as opposed to a complimenting body.

Deception
Numan is funny, i dont see how he can insult so many people and then expect everyone to take his opinion as fact. He mentioned examples, well i want to see them, he mentioned proof i want to see that as well.

Kotor, did seem too much like the PT era, i mean the council chambers and the robes weren't much different.

thetruepower
And you say I troll prick. You quote something from way back once everybody is actually discussing something else and come up with a completely lame insult.

Deception
And yet again, then unwanted and banned member constantly bashes, i mean its not illegal to annoy a banned member but it doesnt work both ways. Banned members are not respected, quite frankly if you attempt to enter a forum over 3 times, you are literally below everyone here.

You think anyone is going to take notice of your incompetent debating skills and your attempt at establishing opinion as fact, oh sure we notice how stupid you are, but noone believes you, and i can't put enough emphasis on the noone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.