Stoic's Sigs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
I love fooling around in graphics programs, so I decided to post my Custom Signatures. Hopefully I'll get better at making them.

CaptainStoic
that was the third Sig I ever made, this is the first.

CaptainStoic
I know it's the one that I'm currently using, but I'm really new at this whole thing. Here's the second one.

CaptainStoic
I know that this one isn't that great, but I'm going to work on it some more when I come up with a new idea for it... Anyone have any ideas?

CaptainStoic
Well thats a wrap for now.

CaptainStoic
Here's a picture that I hand drew. a worked on in Illustrator I know it's not a sig, but I'm thinking about making it one.

DraconaInVolata
awesome sigs. and as far as getting better, we all do over time, though i have to say, these were your first? damn, you're better than I was when i first started out.

CaptainStoic
Thanks... and yea these are my first ones ever, I can't seem to think outside of the box though. I think I'll go and, read some tutorials on how to make good textures.

CaptainStoic
Here's another one, I just finished this today.

DraconaInVolata
interesting, I like. i dunno though, little bright in my opinion, but that's just me.

CaptainStoic
I didn't know what else to do, all of the effects were acgidental... lol. I sat there for an hour, or two after cutting Juggernaut out, and it came to me to just play around with the filters. I think I must have used tweenty five layers to get that simple looking picture. Would you believe that the juggernaut in that picture was originally a resin statue sculpted by Bowen? I just deformed, and because it looked too real to go with the background I used filter upon filter to make it look like a painting... It is kind of bright though.

CaptainStoic
This one was more trouble than it looks. big grin

CaptainStoic
I think this one is the best that I've made so far.

DraconaInVolata
very nice. I like.

rofl, nice scarlet witch one as well.

CaptainStoic
Thanks... it's yours if you ever want to use it.

CaptainStoic
Number nine.

CaptainStoic
Number ten.

CaptainStoic
Anyone got any opinions, or advice that they can share?

CaptainStoic
Eleven.
I went through hell making this one, imagine working on something, forgetting to save and the your pc crashes! mad
Why is the backgound black??? does anyone know why it came out black instead of transparent?

CaptainStoic

CaptainStoic
Anyone have any advice that they can share?

amity75
Yep. Stop making sigs coz you're making mine look amateurish! stick out tongue

CaptainStoic
No way man, your sigs are cool as hell.

CaptainStoic
This one went from overkill to just right.

CaptainStoic
I have to revise this one, I want to get his lower foot in the picture, which means I have to do the whole thing over again. Depending on what it looks like displayed, I may go in another direction with it.

CaptainStoic
Yep... whole new direction it is.

FG725
do you take requests?

FG725
oh nvm

CaptainStoic
I got lazy so I decided that The Thing is gonna stay nearly the same.

CaptainStoic
Hey I can count.

CaptainStoic

CaptainStoic
And that's a wrap for now.

CaptainStoic

CaptainStoic

CaptainStoic

Thunderstrike
Where did 19 go?

CaptainStoic
Well technically because I posted two Things it is actually 20, but you caught me I was dozing. laughing sleep

Thunderstrike
You should take a look at mine, stoic. I've got a Spider-Man one planned, but not sure how to do it yet.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
You should take a look at mine, stoic. I've got a Spider-Man one planned, but not sure how to do it yet.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm nearly almost done with making a new Spiderman sig myself. I just have to get up the energy to finish it.

CaptainStoic
I want to personally thank Lana for telling me about fractals. happy Without them this sig would have never turned out the way it did. Once I completed the main picture, I flattened the image and added a gradient overlay.

Thunderstrike
Cool stuf. I know where you ganked that render from though. If you ever need a render made for you, I can take care of it. I'm pretty good with them big grin.

CaptainStoic
I actually rendered it myself TS, but it sure would have been easier if it was already cut out. So where is the source of these pre-rendered characters?

Thunderstrike
www.renderworld.net

I make my own as well, but I saw that one on there.

CaptainStoic

CaptainStoic
This one was hellish, rendering Carnage is almost as bad as rendering hair strands, actually... I think it may be worse, because his tendrils are all over the place.

CaptainStoic
I had fun making this one, he looks like he's about to take a dump, because Batman shows up.. big grin

CaptainStoic
I was really surprised at how well this one turned out, I had no idea what to do with the Batman render, and then it hit me.

CaptainStoic
She has to be one of the sexiest Super Women out there. I wonder if I could get a date with her?

CaptainStoic
I ventured into new territory with this one, so it can be considered more of an experiment than anything else.

Thunderstrike
You're such a sucker for the ladies, man.

CaptainStoic
You better believe it. laughing out loud

Thunderstrike
I can concur with rendering Carnage. I gave up, to be honest. I do my own renders, but to tbe honest, that guy is a pain in the ass.

CaptainStoic
Yep, I don't think I'll ever do Carnage again, unless I go with the pen tool. Even with it I think he's one of those characters that needs to be masked so that you can get really close. That sig was a request so I figured I'd go out of my way to make it look better.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
this one is awesome and the others too

CaptainStoic
Thanks, and I noticed that your customs are looking pretty good too. I have to admit something though, the effects that I wound up getting with the Silver Surfer were an pure luck. I was playing around with fractals, and they lined up perfectly.

CaptainStoic
these are changes that I made on a character that I created a little while ago, I think that he looks so cool now. big grin

Thunderstrike
The fractals look great on the Surfer one.

CaptainStoic
Yea and I laughed my a** off when I saw what I had done, it was complete fluke.

CaptainStoic
This isn't a sig that I made, but it sure is funny.

Thunderstrike
What the heck! laughing out loud

Alliance
lol that was amazing, deeply desturbing and funny because its true.

WOW.

do you mind if I use it in a sig?

CaptainStoic
It's all yours

CaptainStoic
I reused this sig, because it's my personal favorite, I just added a little animation to it.

Thunderstrike
Digging the Hulk one bro.

CaptainStoic
Thanks.

CaptainStoic
Believe it or not there are 4 different Human Torch layers that I used to make this sig. I was going to go with a 5th for the eyebrows but I decided not to I wonder though, the reasons behind this was to bevel each layer, for a more 3Dish effect.

CaptainStoic

Stoic
Been a long time since I made any sigs but I have a couple of new ones.

Stoic

Stoic

Stoic

Stoic

Stoic

Stoic

Just made this one for a buddy.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
can you edit this so i can upload it as a sig?
the max size is 50kb and the image is 60kb

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QV9z9Mzdesc/S-hBd6io_fI/AAAAAAAAAMo/a5zDpi6W1s4/s1600/BLACK-ADAM-OK-CINE.jpg

Stoic
Like this? It's nowhere near as big because pixel wise you can't have a sig over 150 pixels in height. So without warping the aspect ratio, this is what it would look like within those parameters. Oh and I saturated the color a bit, so that it didn't look washed out.

Yeah, and there is no way that Black Adam would be doing that to Superman. smile

Colossus-Big C
Perfect. I will have to wait unill i get home to change it though

Stoic
Cool man, glad you liked it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.