Flash vs The Runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Current Flash vs The Elder of the Universe Runner.

Crease
No Flash fanboys wanna speak up?

Murda Mase
Flash now.

Because he doesn't have the speed force anymore to hold him back.

That means he has unlimited speed now where before he could only go light before merging with the speed force.

Crease
Bump.

CaptainStoic
I'm going with the Runner on this, how can the Flash hope to beat him, he's just as fast, and as strong as the Silver Surfer. All he would need to do is grab Wally, and an instant later they would be in space, where Wally couldn't breathe, and it's over.

JOE NUNEZ
runner= class 100 flash= class 1 maybe their about the same speed I think even a first grader could do the math....

JOE NUNEZ
o and makkari can also kick flashes ass....

GODSCRIBE
Runner is basically Flash with Superman's strength, and the Power Cosmic. You do the math.

wannabe
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Runner is basically Flash with Superman's strength, and the Power Cosmic. You do the math. Precisely! yes

Deicide
Flash could prolly just outrun him. then eventually tire, or burn himself out. i like the Flash and all but, if this Runner dude is as powerful as u all say he is. tho ive never heard of him. but in one Flash issue, the Flash (Wally) outran Satan himself. and he is a diety. if u believe in them mythical characters that is......

Juntai
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
runner= class 100 flash= class 1 maybe their about the same speed I think even a first grader could do the math.... Flash hits about as hard as Superman does anyways though.

Horrificus
Runner takes this. He has even more powers and abilities than just Speed, Strength and Surfer Level Power. He has limited mind-goofing powers too, and billions of years of experience.

He is what the Flash could become in the distant future.

Juntai
Originally posted by Horrificus
Runner takes this. He has even more powers and abilities than just Speed, Strength and Surfer Level Power. He has limited mind-goofing powers too, and billions of years of experience.

He is what the Flash could become in the distant future.

Flash has all kinds of abilities, and he's faster.

http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash146p089dl.jpg
Here is he is running through not only space, but time itself, unaided.

DarkCrawler
Runner owned Surfer once. Surfer has never been owned that hard, and Hell, Runner was pretty much playing with him.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/1253/runnersurfer13ub.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2319/runnersurfer24uw.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/953/runnersurfer37eg.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/8158/runnersurfer43sj.th.gif
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5392/runnersurfer53gi.th.gif

Flash gets pwned like red-headed stepchild.

Murda Mase
I woulda said Runner, but there's no speedforce anymore so that means Flash is capable of the pre-crisis speed feats because he has no limit on his speed.

Deicide
Juntai, that was a kool Flash comic excerpt.....do u know what issue that was??

Juntai
Originally posted by Murda Mase
I woulda said Runner, but there's no speedforce anymore so that means Flash is capable of the pre-crisis speed feats because he has no limit on his speed. Really we don't know what it means.

Flash is mainlined to all kinetic energy in the universe.
http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla82kebbin017bi.jpg

At lightspeed, he can hit with the mass of a white dwarf star.
http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flashv2148022rg.jpg

And he can take kinetic energy, even from a full planet. He's even done it just by looking at people.
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla075455rb.jpg

He's the fastest man alive,.. and then some.
http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash137p177oq.jpg

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Murda Mase
I woulda said Runner, but there's no speedforce anymore so that means Flash is capable of the pre-crisis speed feats because he has no limit on his speed.

If there is no speedforce, how can Flash run...?

Juntai
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If there is no speedforce, how can Flash run...? Haven't you been reading The Crisis issues they've been posting?
When they took Superboy Prime into the speedforce, Jay said that it's 'gone'... but that doesn't really make sense, since The Speedforce, as shown above, is the culmination of all motion in the universe.

DarkCrawler
I have been reading the Infinite Crisis series. It doesn't make sense...

jrodslam
What i wanna know it what does Jay know about the speedforce? Hes never even taped or can control it like Wally. Hell, as per New Flash issue coming up soon, Jay mentions that hes a metahuman and isnt part of the speedforce. Makkari beat Runner and Burried Alien was beating both. He could have won that race, but decided to go back and save Makkari.

Nice scans DC, but we dont even know how fast Runner and Surfer was going. Surfer isnt known for his h2h prowess either. He did get owned though lol.

Its hard to say who wins this fight however.

the Darkone
The Runner runs at warp-speed, Vast superhuman strength, energy projection, godly reflexes, indestructible, Primordial powers, The Runner is to powerful for the flash bottom line. The Runner can amp his strength to unknown levels and beat the flash with in inch of his life, also he can use the Primordial powers to increase his speed.

leonidas
Originally posted by the Darkone
The Runner runs at warp-speed, Vast superhuman strength, energy projection, godly reflexes, indestructible, Primordial powers, The Runner is to powerful for the flash bottom line. The Runner can amp his strength to unknown levels and beat the flash with in inch of his life, also he can use the Primordial powers to increase his speed.

he'd have to catch him first . . .

and people confuse runner w/gem and runner w/o gem. w/o gem he is NOT infinitely fast. the nonsense about his not having to accelerate is inaccurate as well as was shown in the galactic marathon. speedwise, runner<makarri. and despite his hyperspeed state, mak cannot travel through time nor duplicate many other flash feats.

flash is the fastest, and i don't see why (if he can steal kinetic energy from a whole friggin' planet) he couldn't steal it from runner. it's possible his power primordial would protect him from such an assault, but it's possible it might not.

runner with gem would be interesting -- both could essentially tap into near limitless sources to gain speed. i don't know who'd win that race.

Wally West
If Runner had the gem there is pretty much nothing Flash could do to stop him, he doesn't run places with it he effectively teleports to his destination immediately sometimes even before he knew he wanted to go there, he doesn't have to accelerate or think. With the gem he is to fast for anyone, even the Flash.

Without it he still wins though, hes just faster.

leonidas
Originally posted by Wally West

this from a guy with a wally west moniker? confused

i'll ask you the same thing i've asked others: give me a non-gem speedfeat that runner has done that flash couldn't do easily. hell, give me a gem-aided feat he's done that flash couldn't do. for all that it was said he didn't need to accelerate and arrived before he even knew he was there, runner never SHOWED that level of speed. without gem runner<mak.

non way without the gem he's faster. but it's true -- he would likely still win the fight because his power base is much greater than flash's -- unless flash can steal his kinetic energy . . . has he ever FAILED to do so before? who was the most powerful being he stole speed from?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Wally West
If Runner had the gem there is pretty much nothing Flash could do to stop him, he doesn't run places with it he effectively teleports to his destination immediately sometimes even before he knew he wanted to go there, he doesn't have to accelerate or think. With the gem he is to fast for anyone, even the Flash.

I seem to remember a story a few years ago where Wally had to race one of two cosmic beings (I think they were brothers who placed bets with each other on the outcome of races between super fast characters, destroying the losers planet IIRC). And Wally bets that he could beat one of them in a race.

The point of this hazy and confusing walk down memory lane is that the brother Wally raced instantly teleported himself across the universe as a form of travel and Wally was able to beat him to the finish line. Does anybody else remember this or am I completely butchering this story? embarrasment

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
I seem to remember a story a few years ago where Wally had to race one of two cosmic beings (I think they were brothers who placed bets with each other on the outcome of races between super fast characters, destroying the losers planet IIRC). And Wally bets that he could beat one of them in a race.

The point of this hazy and confusing walk down memory lane is that the brother Wally raced instantly teleported himself across the universe as a form of travel and Wally was able to beat him to the finish line. Does anybody else remember this or am I completely butchering this story? embarrasment

no, someone else (one of the knowledgeable flash guys) said something similar somewhere. is there a scan in the respect thread? some of his feats in that respect thread are LUDICROUS!!

the Darkone
The runner is warp-speed out the gate, when moondragon was screaming the runner ran to her before she stop and aking her why she was screaming, and he was light years away.

leonidas
Originally posted by the Darkone
The runner is warp-speed out the gate, when moondragon was screaming the runner ran to her before she stop and aking her why she was screaming, and he was light years away.

no he's not. he was shown very obviously accelerating in teh galactic marathon. with the gem maybe, but certainly not without it.

TheKahn
Originally posted by leonidas
no, someone else (one of the knowledgeable flash guys) said something similar somewhere. is there a scan in the respect thread? some of his feats in that respect thread are LUDICROUS!!

Yeah, its in there big grin He ends up borrowing extra speed from people on earth, but still it isn't a bad feat.

leonidas
yep. but that's on of the reasons i've never liked flash. too much pis. why not steal everyone's speed all the time??

TheKahn
yep. but that's on of the reasons i've never liked flash. too much pis. why not steal everyone's speed all the time??

Because then he couldn't get stabbed by Deathstroke.... shifty

jasofisc
I'm not sure about the flashes new powers and how that would affect the out come of the battle. In the scan that showed flash punching with "the mass of a star" he said "like" meaning he's exagerating. Even so the same thing would hold true for The runner too. I pretty much agree with a lot of other guys on here in that The Runner has more power and wins.

Juntai
Originally posted by TheKahn

The point of this hazy and confusing walk down memory lane is that the brother Wally raced instantly teleported himself across the universe as a form of travel and Wally was able to beat him to the finish line. Does anybody else remember this or am I completely butchering this story? embarrasment You're kinda butchering it, but yeah it took place. They were even communicating the Earth through instant transmition radios that broadcast through the 4th dimension. He also beat his voice in the race, lol. In fact, he also had to share his speed with the other guy in the race, so he didn't blow him away while he came up with a plan to beat the guy who was running it. Even had to stop and let him catch up once...They ran through all of time and space.

Juntai
Originally posted by jasofisc
I'm not sure about the flashes new powers and how that would affect the out come of the battle. In the scan that showed flash punching with "the mass of a star" he said "like" meaning he's exagerating. Even so the same thing would hold true for The runner too. I pretty much agree with a lot of other guys on here in that The Runner has more power and wins. Nah its been stated like that more than that one time. . . . .as he runs, he gains mass, and can even make that mass reach towards infinity.

JOE NUNEZ
this from a guy with a wally west moniker? confused

i'll ask you the same thing i've asked others: give me a non-gem speedfeat that runner has done that flash couldn't do easily. hell, give me a gem-aided feat he's done that flash couldn't do. for all that it was said he didn't need to accelerate and arrived before he even knew he was there, runner never SHOWED that level of speed. without gem runner<mak.

non way without the gem he's faster. but it's true -- he would likely still win the fight because his power base is much greater than flash's -- unless flash can steal his kinetic energy . . . has he ever FAILED to do so before? who was the most powerful being he stole speed from? This from a guy that wont admit THAT some marvel characters are more powerful than some dc characters...

JOE NUNEZ
Not only can the runner defeat flash, but superman aswell...

leonidas
This from a guy that wont admit THAT some marvel characters are more powerful than some dc characters...

laughing

who are you again? someone who has apparently read all my posts in this forum . . . roll eyes (sarcastic) but more importantly, did you actually READ THIS post -- in particular the part where it says "he would still likely win the fight because his power base is much greater than the flash?"

likely (not for certain) because i can't definitively say flash can't steal his speed. but i suppose you can tell me for sure that he can't? do YOU have any of the proof i asked for -- namely any speed feats that runner has done that flash hasn't or can't?

no, probably not. sad

one more time: runner likely wins, but it's not a certainty.

leonidas
Not only can the runner defeat flash, but superman aswell...

so, out of curiosity, what would he do to supes?

Crease
so, out of curiosity, what would he do to supes?

The same as SS, but worse.

JOE NUNEZ
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.