the golden age?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Valentine
oh and btw why is the golden age named that?? was it named the golden age while they were printing in it or after?

the golden age is actually rather crap when you think about it...all so fake and dandy with rubbish characters and propoganda based, yeah ok its kinda fun to see cap punching hitler out but no-one wants to see little kids running round on battle fields (bucky, toro, subbie etc.) cz they would just get shot up...
where do you guys stand on the golden age?

Mr. Valentine
^up

Mr. Valentine
oh i see....cant even look at this topic cant we...tut tut tut..

Murda Mase
Golden Age sucked.

I have a few comics from then, but its just to have not read.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
oh and btw why is the golden age named that?? was it named the golden age while they were printing in it or after?

the golden age is actually rather crap when you think about it...all so fake and dandy with rubbish characters and propoganda based, yeah ok its kinda fun to see cap punching hitler out but no-one wants to see little kids running round on battle fields (bucky, toro, subbie etc.) cz they would just get shot up...
where do you guys stand on the golden age?

Why is it crap? sure I don't like It but I wouldn't call it crap.
It was a different time.. There was a war going on ..the comic industry still was young and still only targeted towards kids yadda yadda....

Mr. Valentine
lol i use that word alot sorry, its not crap as in i wouldnt ever read it...but its really... i dont know its way too... i dont know but i dont like the art and i dont like the stories really

Murda Mase
Alot of that stuff was racist, but it kind makes it funny.lol

Mr. Valentine
yeah lol it was kinda funny actually, but of course if they did it now they wud be hanging on a meat hook by their scrotums....lol im not too sure about DC they didnt do it as bad as Marvel

Black Adam
yeah lol it was kinda funny actually, but of course if they did it now they wud be hanging on a meat hook by their scrotums....lol im not too sure about DC they didnt do it as bad as Marvel

as bad as marvel?

What did Marvel do again that was anyway diffrent then what DC was doing at the time?

Mr. Valentine
marvel used racism more in there comics (well..not racist at the time but seen as now) can you please stop analysing everything i say please its annoying..stick out tongue

Mr. Valentine
rewmac i know you are there

Black Adam
marvel used racism more in there comics (well..not racist at the time but seen as now) can you please stop analysing everything i say please its annoying..stick out tongue

How so ? Im pretty sure both companies were equally racist during that period in time.

That cover with Superman saying you can slap a jap comes to mind as well as others..

Mr. Valentine
whatever

Mr. Valentine
its late and i cant be arsed sorry

Black Adam
whatever

its late and i cant be arsed sorry

???

don't mean to sound rude

I'm just trying to find out how Marvel was more racist then DC at the time.

Black Adam
evil face

Mr.V
You idiot stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.