Green Lantern (Hal) Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
One day rest in between each fight.

1. Darth Vader
2. Batman w/2 hours prep
3. Ghost Rider
4. Magneto
5. Dr. Doom with 1 week prep
6. Neo in the Matrix
7. Pitt
8. Nate Grey
9. Morg w/ WOL
10. Desak the God Slayer

Crease
Bump.

Thunderstrike
Darth Vader

thesilverspider
He may be stopped at batman if not doom for certain.

JohnR
He probably stops at 5 or 6. I'm not sure what Doom can do with prep against Hal, but he might be able to come up with a way to defeat him.

Dizzle
Does Doom really know what he's facing? If not, Hal will lay an immense curbstompage on him.

Neo is really, really, really overestimated. Has he ever shown superspeed to a high degree? Has he ever shown control over reality or time? How in HELL will he counter a giant green fist forming around him and pulling his head off? Hal would utterly dominate Neo.

I don't know anything about Pitt, really. Hal gets to 7 or 8, pretty easily. (Nate stops him without much effort, but he WILL get that far)

Dizzle
Never mind, just looked up Pitt... Unless he got ungodly powerful very recently, he's basically one of those ever popular raw strength characters. Hal kicks his ass.

badabing
Stops at Bats or Doom with prep. The way Bats is written, Bats w/prep>JLA.

Dizzle
Originally posted by badabing
Stops at Bats or Doom with prep. The way Bats is written, Bats w/prep>JLA.

As long as he can prep to defeat them when they suspect nothing, yes, he is. However, that's blown out of proportion a lot here. If he's out to get Batman, Hal will kill him, plain and simple. Same goes to Doom, except that Doom doesn't even know Green Lantern's powerset. Hal stops time and kill sboth at his leisure. Then gets his ass stomped by X Man.

GODSCRIBE
He stops at Doom.

james1865
Is this the Hal Jordan "I'm going to use my ring to make a giant green baseball glove " Lantern or Lantern written to the fullest of his abilities? Two hours of prep is not much time for Batman to prepare for a Green Lantern. Can Vader crush his heart from a distance? If it's the "baseball glove lantern" then I would say it stops at Vader. If it's the latter then Doom. Doom with a weeks prep could take out just about anyone.

Crease
This is Hal written to his fullest. And yes, Darth Vader can Force-choke someone from a distance. He gets underestimated a lot in the vs battles because a lot of guys here aren't nearly as knowledgeable about SW as their favorite comic guy (or girl).

"Neo is really, really, really overestimated. Has he ever shown superspeed to a high degree? Has he ever shown control over reality or time? How in HELL will he counter a giant green fist forming around him and pulling his head off? Hal would utterly dominate Neo."

On a regular basis, Gls move faster than Neo was shown to move in the Matrix. However, I'm sure he could dodge a GIANT fist with relative ease.

I tried to come up with a gauntlett that had various types included. Omega level mutants, psionics, magical power, pure strength, cosmic, etc. I agree with most of you guys though, he gets stopped by nate. One could make a case for getting all they way to Desak though.

DigiMark007
Wow. Extreme lack of respect for Hal here. If anyone thinks Bats or Doom could seriously take him out without some massive PIS, even with prep, then they're crazy. And I'm not sure why Vader is before both of them either. A good Jedi is beyond either of them, even by cautious standards.

Magneto's his first test, but Hal has more raw power. I don't know Nate's upper limits, but I honestly think Hal has a good chance of making it to Desak.

Crease
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wow. Extreme lack of respect for Hal here. If anyone thinks Bats or Doom could seriously take him out without some massive PIS, even with prep, then they're crazy. And I'm not sure why Vader is before both of them either. A good Jedi is beyond either of them, even by cautious standards.

Magneto's his first test, but Hal has more raw power. I don't know Nate's upper limits, but I honestly think Hal has a good chance of making it to Desak.

True, I should've placed Vader about 4th, but almost nobody on this forum realizes his true power. He's always dissed when I seew him used in a thread.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Crease
True, I should've placed Vader about 4th, but almost nobody on this forum realizes his true power. He's always dissed when I seew him used in a thread.

People here either love or hate SW. And they'll argue like Jedi are nigh-herald level or street-level. Rarely is there an in-between, and that's the primary reason SW stuff is generally not allowed in this forum (though it's fine in this thread).

badabing

Yeah I know. But the Bats and Doom are written, they are godlike with prep. Hal is my favorite Lantern.

Psyquis52
Stops at Morg. I think Neo doesn't have any real powers outside the matrix so that's kind of a joke.

I think Morg would shock him with his severity.

Crease
bump

spetznaz

Agreed.

Hal is arguably the 'best' GL out there, yet people are saying that Darth, Bats and Doom could take him out.

I also think Hal has a good chance getting to Desak (what he does there though is another story).

Validus
This is Hal written to his fullest.
Simply put, he has a high chance of clearing the gauntlet.

Templares
Stops at Doom. I bet he still has that antique device that he used to drain the PC from the Surfer.

Brain teaser: how does a GL ring/Oan energy respond to Hellfire?

guy222
One day rest in between each fight.

1. Darth Vader
2. Batman w/2 hours prep
3. Ghost Rider
4. Magneto
5. Dr. Doom with 1 week prep
6. Neo in the Matrix
7. Pitt
8. Nate Grey
9. Morg w/ WOL
10. Desak the God Slayer

Light saber ftw

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Simply put, he has a high chance of clearing the gauntlet. Yep, at his fullest, he certainly does.

Darth Martin
Vader should be higher than batman, ghost rider, and neo. He can do alot more things than just choke people. Not saying he would defeat a good written Hal(written to his fullest potential) straight up. Just saying. I think Vader will stand more of a chance then Magneto.

When it comes down to Doom I guess it all depends on if he knows Hals powerset.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Clearing on his best day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.