Penn and Teller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Falcon
BULLSHIT!

Shakyamunison
Please come up with threads that have more content.

debbiejo
Contradictions!!!! beer

Love Penn and Teller.

Bardock42
Yeah, great Episode...

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Please come up with threads that have more content. why should I? All I needed to post was a link to the episode.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
why should I? All I needed to post was a link to the episode.
You have given no direction and no support for your opinion. There is a good chance that this thread will go off topic and be closed.

Bardock42
You have given no direction and no support for your opinion. There is a good chance that this thread will go off topic and be closed.

It is not about his opuinion, it is about the Show. And the opinion of Penn and Teller is quite obvious. So just click the link watch the shit shut up.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Bardock42
It is not about his opuinion, it is about the Show. And the opinion of Penn and Teller is quite obvious. So just click the link watch the shit shut up.
Why do guy's keep posting links as response and topics?

Shakyamunison

Please be polite.

What does he think is wrong with it? I have my own opinion, but what is his?

Blue nocturne
Please be polite.

What does he think is wrong with it? I have my own opinion, but what is his?

Falcon detest theist, He's posted that before.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Falcon detest theist, He's posted that before.

It would be wrong for me to assume his opinion.

Bardock42
It would be wrong for me to assume his opinion.

His opinion is of no matter.

Wesker

And this is a religious DISCUSSION forum, so stfu Bardock. This thread has no place here. So unless Falcon intends to address points IN the video and make a discussion (Which he seldom does, since all he does is rag on theism), this thread is pointless.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wesker
And this is a religious DISCUSSION forum, so stfu Bardock. This thread has no place here. So unless Falcon intends to address points IN the video and make a discussion (Which he seldom does, since all he does is rag on theism), this thread is pointless.

Well put. thumb up

Bardock42

Not true, he wants the Video to be discussed, that is quite obvious, the Video is also about ....Religion...so it has a place here, you two on the other hand, who didn't watch it and don't want to contribute to the Thread have no place here, so why not leave and let the people who actually want to discuss the views explained in the show do that?

Blue nocturne

Tell them wesker laughing

Bardock42
Tell them wesker laughing

Besides the fact that he is wrong?

Blue nocturne
Besides the fact that he is wrong?

Why can't falcon discuss instead of showing some video, he always does this.

Bardock42
Why can't falcon discuss instead of showing some video, he always does this.

Oh he might always, but this thread is about the Video, so obviously it is acceptable in this thread. IF he does that in other conversations, shame on him, but here it is necessary. So, anyone going to say something about the Video?

soleran30
He's Deano's shadow lurking in the religion forum thats why. Stir up a hornets nest and let them buzz about while you sit back and smile at the friction caused.

Ok the video is posted I have seen that one before now Captain what are your views on this, what did you want or expect us to get out of the video?

Wesker
Not true, he wants the Video to be discussed, that is quite obvious, the Video is also about ....Religion...so it has a place here, you two on the other hand, who didn't watch it and don't want to contribute to the Thread have no place here, so why not leave and let the people who actually want to discuss the views explained in the show do that?

No, actually he just wants to rip on theism again, as he does in every single thread he's created, something which got him banned.

Notice he didn't attempt to bring any coherent discussion into this.

Bardock42
Originally posted by soleran30
He's Deano's shadow lurking in the religion forum thats why. Stir up a hornets nest and let them buzz about while you sit back and smile at the friction caused.

Ok the video is posted I have seen that one before now Captain what are your views on this, what did you want or expect us to get out of the video?
Now that is a really good question, I'd like to know that as well.

Shakyamunison
Oh he might always, but this thread is about the Video, so obviously it is acceptable in this thread. IF he does that in other conversations, shame on him, but here it is necessary. So, anyone going to say something about the Video?

I saw the video and I have an opinion, but I don't know what the opinion of this thread is and why. This thread needs more content.

Bardock42
I saw the video and I have an opinion, but I don't know what the opinion of this thread is and why. This thread needs more content.

No, no, threads do not have opinions. The threadstarter may or may not contribute with his/her opinion,b ut he doesn't need to...you on the other hand post yours or leave....

Shakyamunison
No, no, threads do not have opinions. The threadstarter may or may not contribute with his/her opinion,b ut he doesn't need to...you on the other hand post yours or leave....

See I was right, the thread is off topic.

Wesker
KMC according to Bardock? Please.

Falcon brought it up in a DISCUSSION forum.

Let me repeat that, cuz I know you never absorb things right...

D I S C U S S I O N F O R U M.

If all he wanted to do was show a video, there's the general forum and OTF. If he wanted to discuss an issue(s), he needed to address them and spark a discussion. He did not. He's also notorious for ribbing on theism, if for no other reason than he hates religion. This is TROLLING.

Bardock42
See I was right, the thread is off topic.
Because of you and Wesker.....but I will not contribute to that anymore.

I liked the humour Penn and Teller have and I think they quite showed that you can't really take the Bible as History book, which many Christians claim.
Also the part about reading what one wants to read that is true, I think many fundamentalists jsut chose what they like from the bible.

Bardock42

If all he wanted to do was show a video, there's the general forum and OTF. If he wanted to discuss an issue(s), he needed to address them and spark a discussion. He did not. He's also notorious for ribbing on theism, if for no other reason than he hates religion. This is TROLLING.

No, he showed a Video and since he opened a thread about it he wanted the opinions of other KMCers...so, where is your opinion? Have you seen it? Please, just post that and stop your trolling, which is exactly what you are doing.

Oh and if you don't like it, report the thread and let the Mods decide for it, I don't think it is misplaced, the only problem are your, Shakya's and my Off-Topic posts....so stop being a hypocrite please, that would really, really be appreciated.

debbiejo
Well I for one thought it was interesting....I always liked Penn and Teller, and why doesn't that one guy ever ever talk............hahahaha

It's a religious view on video....that's it....It's an opinion that could be talked about.....But instead we are debating the thread starter.....for shame.....

Can't we just applaud the video.............. laughing out loud

*runs away now*

Besides look at the kinds of threads I make.....Sometimes it's just nice to talk about something different than evolution.

Wesker
BULLSHIT!

Bardock, I realize you're pretty thick, but the link title is "Bullshit", the video repeatedly stomps all over Christianity and the Bible. Inaccuracies aside, this is not an objective, reasonable approach- it's religion bashing. Now, I realize you can't see that because you think murder is "neutral", but I'm not going to waste any more time placating your ignorance. I AM reporting this thread for being pointless.

Blue nocturne
Bardock, I realize you're pretty thick, but the link title is "Bullshit", the video repeatedly stomps all over Christianity and the Bible. Inaccuracies aside, this is not an objective, reasonable approach- it's religion bashing. Now, I realize you can't see that because you think murder is "neutral", but I'm not going to waste any more time placating your ignorance. I AM reporting this thread for being pointless.

Falcon will just make another.

Wesker
He shouldn't. I understand if he disagrees with religious approachs; there's nothing wrong with critiqueing the scriptures... But this thread is out of line.

Ushgarak
Instead of this silly bickering about what the thread starter did or did not want, how about discussing the damn video, hmm? Complaining that a thread is liable to go off topic has no value if the people doing the complaining are the ones taking it off topic.

The video is posted. It DOES belong here. And P&Ts series is called Bullshit so that's hardly a flame or troll.

Please comment on the video or, if you do not want to, don't post in here. Certainly cut out the moaning.

Blue nocturne
My opinion P&T should stick to magic tricks.

Wesker
Did you WATCH the video, Ush?

And really, that's hardly the response I'd expect from a global moderator. The issue of "Biblical inaccuracies" can be discussed without a video that is clearly going to be offensive to Christians. Hell, I was not thrilled with the approach and language within and I'm far from being a Christian. I thought the video was tasteless and the argument behind it could have been presented more tactfully.

debbiejo
Hey, there are truths in that video.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by debbiejo
Hey, there are truths in that video.

Doesn't matter when people ignore facts.

debbiejo
Freedom of speech ya know.

Wesker
Originally posted by debbiejo
Freedom of speech ya know.
It's a forum, Debbiejo. If we truly advocated freedom of speech here, we wouldn't have word censors and warn/ban people for bashing members.

Ushgarak
The part where you say you don't like the video is fine, Wesker.

The part where you make out that because I haven't closed the thread purely because you don't like the video is somehow evidence of bad modding I most certainly do not. That is childish behaviour.

Stay on topic or I'll make this an official warning. You don't get a veto on thread ideas, even if the content is not to your taste. Penn and teller actually have quite a renowned line in trying to expose ideas as nonsense, and even if done badly in the opinion of some, their product is mainstream and it is worthy of comment inside a discussion area.

debbiejo
Nobody was bashing another member. It was supposed to be a discussion on the content of the video....

Blue nocturne
The bible has contradictions big whoop, It's not gonna stop people from believing in anything.

Captain Falcon
I thought my oppinion was obvious that I think the video is telling theists how dumb the bible is. wink

Blue nocturne
I thought my oppinion was obvious that I think the video is telling theists how dumb the bible is. wink

And all theist are christians, Falcon get some sense.

Bardock42

Not only Theists, everyone...and you agree 100%?

debbiejo
Their approach might be offensive to some, but it is sure accurate! A committee did put it all together..........And we should stone illegitimate children too............Now heaven forbid your wife is on the rag, now I can understand that one.......... laughing out loud

Rayvann

You really have no respect for others beliefs do you?
You don't see me insulting atheists do you?

Dude... learn some tact. It will serve you well in life.

soleran30
Originally posted by Rayvann
You really have no respect for others beliefs do you?
You don't see me insulting atheists do you?

Dude... learn some tact. It will serve you well in life.

I didn't post the video and I certainly show respect. However aside from the language piece they are right in line with the reality of the situation. I do respect people right to choose beliefs however they should understand regardless of their "belief" most religions don't fit into a little place I call reality.

meep-meep
That was one of the most awsomest supercalifradulisticexpealadocious videos ever to grace my eyes and mind.

Pick and choose baby, pick and choose.

Captain Falcon

If all he wanted to do was show a video, there's the general forum and OTF. If he wanted to discuss an issue(s), he needed to address them and spark a discussion. He did not. He's also notorious for ribbing on theism, if for no other reason than he hates religion. This is TROLLING. okay, the discussion is: What do you think?

Evil Dead
I'd like to go on record as saying Bullshit! is the greatest show ever to be put on television and/or dvd.

Captain Falcon
I've always known that holy people weren't what they seemed as written in holy books which were also kinda stupid but OMG!!! laughing such a great show, I love Penn & Teller.

BULL-SHIT

Blue nocturne
I've always known that holy people weren't what they seemed as written in holy books which were also kinda stupid but OMG!!! laughing such a great show, I love Penn & Teller.

BULL-SHIT

Not as stupid as you falcon.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I'd like to go on record as saying Bullshit! is the greatest show ever to be put on television and/or dvd.

Word. And then the Daily Show.

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Word. And then the Daily Show.

Daily show is the greatest show ever.

crazy
i thought that video was really interesting, i saw it a while ago though so its kind of old

BackFire
I love Bullshit, been watching it for about 2 years now, really awesome show, and this episode is among the best.

Impediment
Wonderful series, as I own every DVD set. They're ripping on the christian Bible because a staggering amount of christians take this book literally and historically. All they're doing is putting stuff into context, and I happen to agree with every bit of it.

Captain Falcon
Not as stupid as you falcon. I'm stupid, how? Because I can think rationally, or is it because I'm against you and everyone or anyone against you is rather stupid, lying or evil.

Well?

Blue nocturne
I'm stupid, how? Because I can think rationally, or is it because I'm against you and everyone or anyone against you is rather stupid, lying or evil.

Well?

Your stupid because you make huge assumptions and half the time you don't know jack about what your talking about, take this thread for example, you use it to make a point on theist as if all theist are christian.

Captain Falcon
Your stupid because you make huge assumptions and half the time you don't know jack about what your talking about, take this thread for example, you use it to make a point on theist as if all theist are christian. did I say that? NO. Did I imply that? No. Are you ****ed in the head? Very Yes.

After all the posts I've seen you make I've noticed that you don't listen to people, you ignore most of the other poeple against you and tackle only one, you ave no understanding of ANYTHING and most importantly, you make shit up to make you sound smart. Making stuff up isn't very good is it?

edit: I bet he'll comment on that "Very Yes." bit because it's all he's got.

Storm
The pot calls the kettle black.

Janus Marius
lol

Blue nocturne
did I say that? NO. Did I imply that? No. Are you ****ed in the head? Very Yes.

After all the posts I've seen you make I've noticed that you don't listen to people, you ignore most of the other poeple against you and tackle only one, you ave no understanding of ANYTHING and most importantly, you make shit up to make you sound smart. Making stuff up isn't very good is it?

edit: I bet he'll comment on that "Very Yes." bit because it's all he's got.

laughing This coming from a guy who rely's on people's opinions and links to debate.

Captain Falcon
laughing This coming from a guy who rely's on people's opinions and links to debate. WOULD YOU STOP MAKING SHIT UP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.