Yoda versus Marka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyflyer
Setting is inside the Millenium Falcon. Ragnos is equipped with all of his war armour and his war sword.

Tarvos
No. Stop with this garbage... You're flooding this forum with retardation.

tdtd
This would be the equivalent of Arnold taking on a newborn baby.

skyflyer
Read the guidelines idiot.

Tarvos
It's called a metaphor, dumbass. You'll learn about them when you're older.

skyflyer
Except it's not a metaphor fool.

Tarvos
It's the only term that would suit it. A metaphor is relating one situation or term with another situation of term which have no relevance, but the same idea.

Enough of the grammar stuff, this thread is still ridiculous.

skyflyer
It's closer to a simile fool. Funny how that lame insult backfired on you huh.

Tarvos
1. It can be classified as either.

2. I said enough about grammar.

3. This thread is stupid. You're only keeping it on grammar because you don't want to talk about this thread's stupidity.

skyflyer
I'm 'keeping it on grammer' because you implied that I was too young and too stupid to know what a metaphor was, when your usage of it was wrong.

Tarvos
Originally posted by Tarvos
1. It can be classified as either.

2. I said enough about grammar.

3. This thread is stupid. You're only keeping it on grammar because you don't want to talk about this thread's stupidity.

skyflyer
No you're too stupid to make an accurate decision on the outcome. Prove me wrong and come up with an outcome.

Illustrious
Similes ARE metaphors, metaphors are a general term that includes a lot of comparisons.

Don't be stupid, this thread sucks.

tdtd
Simile: You look like a moron
Metaphor: You're as dumb as they come.

IKC
Eh. That doesn't seem like a metaphor.

tdtd
I couldn't compare dumb with anything IKC, I have a mental block today, sorrysad

Great Vengeance
Hm, I know the thread creater isnt exactly respected, but none of you will give this thread fair consideration??? Are you that sure that Yoda isnt the stronger?

tdtd
Lets see. Yoda who I am going to say, the second strongest Jedi ever, against the most powerful of the most powerful Ragnos, who possessed Titanic physical powers and had a terrifying grasp of the dark side.. Gee, I wonder.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by tdtd
Lets see. Yoda who I am going to say, the second strongest Jedi ever, against the most powerful of the most powerful Ragnos, who possessed Titanic physical powers and had a terrifying grasp of the dark side.. Gee, I wonder.

This is why this forum is decaying...

TITANIC PHYSICAL POWERS!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!! YODA HAS NO CHANCE!!!!

Using hyperboles wont give Ragnos victory, prove to me that Yoda really has no chance?

Wesker
OMG... GV... This match was done before. Yoda has NO chance against a guy that keeps people like Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow in line on his death bed.

tdtd
Great Vengeance, do you understand the concept of a hyperbole? Now if it is specifically stated by the author, it isn't a hyperbole is it? If it is said that "Ragnos is the most powerful of the most powerful, THE Dark Lord", then it's fact.

Borbarad
Get banned again, skyflyer...

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Wesker
OMG... GV... This match was done before. Yoda has NO chance against a guy that keeps people like Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow in line on his death bed.

And why should Yoda be afraid of Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow???

Its been suggested in many sources(ROTS novel, Dark Empire comics) that Sidious is indeed the strongest sith ever to exist, Lightsnake backed up this point very well, yet Yoda pushed Sidious to his very limit???

Great Vengeance
Great Vengeance, do you understand the concept of a hyperbole? Now if it is specifically stated by the author, it isn't a hyperbole is it? If it is said that "Ragnos is the most powerful of the most powerful, THE Dark Lord", then it's fact.

Alright if you didnt make it up then where exactly does it say he has "Titanic physical powers" and a "Terrifying grasp of the dark side".

Wesker
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
And why should Yoda be afraid of Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow???

Its been suggested in many sources(ROTS novel, Dark Empire comics) that Sidious is indeed the strongest sith ever to exist, Lightsnake backed up this point very well, yet Yoda pushed Sidious to his very limit???

This is exactly why I used to jump all over you.

First, there is NOTHING suggesting that Sidious is the strongest sith ever to exist. DE was retconned in that aspect when TOTJ came out years later, and the ROTS novelisation mispells Yoda's form!

Second, Yoda did not beat Sidious, and Ludo Kressh or Sadow alone would wipe their asses with him. Hell, both of them can drive their sith blades right through walls with minimal effort. This isn't even counting their force powers.

Third, Ragnos >>>>>>. Sadow AND Kressh.

Tarvos
So you're saying that Sidious could take.. oh let's say Exar Kun, GV?

Yoda would be wtfpwned. There's no arguement here.

Great Vengeance
This is exactly why I used to jump all over you.

First, there is NOTHING suggesting that Sidious is the strongest sith ever to exist. DE was retconned in that aspect when TOTJ came out years later, and the ROTS novelisation mispells Yoda's form!

Second, Yoda did not beat Sidious, and Ludo Kressh or Sadow alone would wipe their asses with him. Hell, both of them can drive their sith blades right through walls with minimal effort. This isn't even counting their force powers.

Third, Ragnos >>>>>>. Sadow AND Kressh.

First, I just said its suggested numerous times in the ROTS novel and DE. Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are invalid.

Second, I never said Yoda beat Sidious...but you cant deny that Yoda pushed him to his limit. As for the rest, more unsubstantiated opinions.

Third, what relevency does that have concerning Yoda?

Wesker
First, I just said its suggested numerous times in the ROTS novel and DE. Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean they are invalid.

Second, I never said Yoda beat Sidious...but you cant deny that Yoda pushed him to his limit. As for the rest, more unsubstantiated opinions.

Third, what relevency does that have concerning Yoda?

First, just because you've found suggestions from canonically incorrect sources doesn't mean I have to entertain them. If I'm a bit exasperated with this, it's because I've argued this before. If you don't realize how good the ancient sith are, you need to go to www.swcomics.com and research. I am not going to educate you on something that you can find online, in under five seconds.

Second, Sidious' ranking as of ROTS is relatively low tier compared to force users from the past, and when he reaches the zenith of his power by about DE, he's maybe on Kun's level. Maybe. But considering Mace Windu put Sidious on his ass, I suppose Mace can pwn Ragnos too? No, he can't. Hell, Luke Skywalker and his entire jedi council were shitting their pants that Ragnos' spirit might come back.

Third, Ragnos is a hell of a lot more powerful than those two forcegods. Yoda stands NO chance.

tdtd
What Janus said. You need to open up TOTJ and read up on Ragnos. Sidious was nowhere near the level of most of the KOTOR characters, and Yoda wasn't more powerful than a lot of them. Nothing suggests Yoda could take lets say, Exar Kun, who was less powerful than Naga Sadow, who was less powerful than Ragnos. Ragnos is on a level beyond anything Yoda could achieve.

Great Vengeance
First, just because you've found suggestions from canonically incorrect sources doesn't mean I have to entertain them. If I'm a bit exasperated with this, it's because I've argued this before. If you don't realize how good the ancient sith are, you need to go to www.swcomics.com and research. I am not going to educate you on something that you can find online, in under five seconds.

Second, Sidious' ranking as of ROTS is relatively low tier compared to force users from the past, and when he reaches the zenith of his power by about DE, he's maybe on Kun's level. Maybe. But considering Mace Windu put Sidious on his ass, I suppose Mace can pwn Ragnos too? No, he can't. Hell, Luke Skywalker and his entire jedi council were shitting their pants that Ragnos' spirit might come back.

Third, Ragnos is a hell of a lot more powerful than those two forcegods. Yoda stands NO chance.

First, I havent been around in a while..but have you ever defeated Lightsnake in an argument concerning this point? I dont think it is likely, if you can give me a link then I'll shut up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Second, "Low tier"...again an unsubstantiated opinion. Moving on to Mace, you know I take the stance that Sidious let Mace win...Its not really certain either way unless you can prove Mace actually won. The new jedi council are a bunch of pansys....Luke thought at one point the emperor was undefeatable(DE comics).

Third, the ancient sith arent force gods...

Lets keep this civil Janus, Id like to see why all you people are so certain the ancient sith are invincible.

Blaxican_Hydra
It realy is dumb to assume Marka Ragnos is the ebst of the best simply because he kept naga Sadow and Ludo in line, for all we kno naga Sadow could ave been the one to have offed him, though subtely. Or, perhaps he kept them from taking oevr by giving the 'jobs under their desks every day.

Rayvann
Originally posted by Blaxican_Hydra
It realy is dumb to assume Marka Ragnos is the ebst of the best simply because he kept naga Sadow and Ludo in line, for all we kno naga Sadow could ave been the one to have offed him, though subtely. Or, perhaps he kept them from taking oevr by giving the 'jobs under their desks every day.

So sayeth the fool.

tdtd
First, I havent been around in a while..but have you ever defeated Lightsnake in an argument concerning this point? I dont think it is likely, if you can give me a link then I'll shut up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Second, "Low tier"...again an unsubstantiated opinion. Moving on to Mace, you know I take the stance that Sidious let Mace win...Its not really certain either way unless you can prove Mace actually won. The new jedi council are a bunch of pansys....Luke thought at one point the emperor was undefeatable(DE comics).

Third, the ancient sith arent force gods...

Lets keep this civil Janus, Id like to see why all you people are so certain the ancient sith are invincible.

Except for the fact that your speculation that Sidious let Mace win is not only incorrect, but is the opposite of what GL has stated in his DVD commentary and what is in the novel, so unless your word is more canon than GL, you're wrong.. So was lightsnake.. Which is why he's not here anymore..
"Low Tier" isn't an unsubstantianted opinion, it is a fact based on logical arguments, and evidence. Oh I forgot, you want us to prove Mace won? You want us to prove what actually happened in the book, on screen, and in the commentary? What a great debater you are. Who cares what Luke thought how does that even translate into this argument? And the ancient sith might or might have not have been force gods, but they were the most powerful of the most powerful, and Ragnos was their top guy, which would make him a force god in my book. Same with DN Lukesmile

Blaxican_Hydra
Originally posted by Rayvann
So sayeth the fool.

what? you didn't say anything though...I said that...

Wesker

Lightsnake got owned argumentally. I might be able to find the link later when I'm at home; I don't recall which thread it was where it all went down. But Sidious was well examined at that point and pinpointed with conclusive evidence and rational arguments.

Again, most of this was covered. Hell, there's even a testamont to Ragnos's power in my profile quotes (Click and see) complete with scans.

Yes, they were.

Just because I think Ragnos can pwn Yoda with his baby finger doesn't mean he's "invincible"; he's just leagues above Yoda in power and ability.

Blaxican_Hydra
Yeah, besides who siad their invinceable? R2-D2 could WTFpwn them all with one beep...

Great Vengeance
Except for the fact that your speculation that Sidious let Mace win is not only incorrect, but is the opposite of what GL has stated in his DVD commentary and what is in the novel, so unless your word is more canon than GL, you're wrong.. So was lightsnake.. Which is why he's not here anymore..
"Low Tier" isn't an unsubstantianted opinion, it is a fact based on logical arguments, and evidence. Oh I forgot, you want us to prove Mace won? You want us to prove what actually happened in the book, on screen, and in the commentary? What a great debater you are. Who cares what Luke thought how does that even translate into this argument? And the ancient sith might or might have not have been force gods, but they were the most powerful of the most powerful, and Ragnos was their top guy, which would make him a force god in my book. Same with DN Lukesmile

So GL said "Mace won this battle fair and square, the end..."??? I was under the impression GL was vague as always. The novel, in reality, pretty much makes it clear Sidious planned the whole thing. He tape recorded their conversations for goodness sake!

What logical arguments and evidence???Are they invisible or something?

Im no great debater true, but neither are you. no expression

Great Vengeance
Lightsnake got owned argumentally. I might be able to find the link later when I'm at home; I don't recall which thread it was where it all went down. But Sidious was well examined at that point and pinpointed with conclusive evidence and rational arguments.

Again, most of this was covered. Hell, there's even a testamont to Ragnos's power in my profile quotes (Click and see) complete with scans.

Yes, they were.

Just because I think Ragnos can pwn Yoda with his baby finger doesn't mean he's "invincible"; he's just leagues above Yoda in power and ability.

Okay, so basically all this was covered before? You defeated Lightsnake? Ill be waiting for the link...

tdtd
So GL said "Mace won this battle fair and square, the end..."??? I was under the impression GL was vague as always. The novel, in reality, pretty much makes it clear Sidious planned the whole thing. He tape recorded their conversations for goodness sake!

What logical arguments and evidence???Are they invisible or something?

Im no great debater true, but neither are you. no expression

GL said Mace Windu overpowered Sidious, and only when Sidious initial lightning strike failed, did he start playing weak.. QED.. I don't know what novel you but in my ROTS novel, Windu overpowers him. Sidious may have planned the whole thing but he underestimated Windu and got pwned. ANd you're right, you're not a great debater, and nobody said I was the King either but I've destroyed your so called 'arguments' effectively.

IKC
We beat the living shit out of Lightsnake's "arguments" over the course of about four different threads.

They're immensely long. Search for Exar and Ulic vs. Sidious and Dooku for one.

Great Vengeance
GL said Mace Windu overpowered Sidious, and only when Sidious initial lightning strike failed, did he start playing weak.. QED.. I don't know what novel you but in my ROTS novel, Windu overpowers him. Sidious may have planned the whole thing but he underestimated Windu and got pwned. ANd you're right, you're not a great debater, and nobody said I was the King either but I've destroyed your so called 'arguments' effectively.

I havent listened to ROTS audio, so I have nothing to go by...

Oh okay in the novel Sidious gets overpowered, even though he smiles when he senses Mace coming...

And do I have to go over the many reasons why Sidious would want to fake the fight?

-Anakins nature is to fight authority and to protect the weak...Sidious used this to his advantage, playing on Anakins mercy to get what he wanted.

-Sidious needed to convert Anakin to the dark side...this was his most important goal...how do you suppose he would do that if he just flat out killed Mace? Anakin would have no choice but to fight or run away, instead Sidious gave Anakin the option to make himself feel like he was doing the right thing, protecting the weak, and so Sidious trapped him in his web. Anakin, after killing Mace, didnt have the option of turning away from his path and coming back to the light and so only had one option...become Vader.

I would respond to your insult, except Ive decided your not worth my time...

Blaxican_Hydra
oooohhh burnnnn!!!

tdtd
I havent listened to ROTS audio, so I have nothing to go by...

Oh okay in the novel Sidious gets overpowered, even though he smiles when he senses Mace coming...

And do I have to go over the many reasons why Sidious would want to fake the fight?

-Anakins nature is to fight authority and to protect the weak...Sidious used this to his advantage, playing on Anakins mercy to get what he wanted.

-Sidious needed to convert Anakin to the dark side...this was his most important goal...how do you suppose he would do that if he just flat out killed Mace? Anakin would have no choice but to fight or run away, instead Sidious gave Anakin the option to make himself feel like he was doing the right thing, protecting the weak, and so Sidious trapped him in his web. Anakin, after killing Mace, didnt have the option of turning away from his path and coming back to the light and so only had one option...become Vader.

I would respond to your insult, except Ive decided your not worth my time...

Your reasons for why Sidious wanted to fake the fight have nothing to do with what actually happened, so keep your opinions out of the argument.. What's that, you have nothing to go by, so you make illogical and inaccurate claims? Wow.. Come back when you have an argument.

Revolver Ocelot
Does anyone have the whole commentary on that scene?

tdtd
It's on the ROTS DVD

Revolver Ocelot
Yeah, but I don't have that... Can anyone, like, type out what he says?

tdtd
It's too long lol, just download the dvd from IRCspy.com

Wesker
Is that legal?

tdtd
Are you serious? Or is this the "Downloading movies is illegal" forum?

Wesker
Depends on where you are, etc. Here in the States they're pretty strict on it, so naturally I am always curious when people say "Just download it".

tdtd
I'm in Tallahassee.. And it's a forum so I would imagine there are is no law enforcement here.

Wesker
Hm. In other forums it's in the TOS, but I don't see it here.

tdtd
haha

Great Vengeance
Your reasons for why Sidious wanted to fake the fight have nothing to do with what actually happened, so keep your opinions out of the argument.. What's that, you have nothing to go by, so you make illogical and inaccurate claims? Wow.. Come back when you have an argument.

My reasons with why Sidious faked the fight have everything to do with what happened, its not my fault if this is too complicated for you.

I have nothing to go by regarding the ROTS commentary because I havent heard it, that is an irrelevent issue in relation to my other points.

Come back when I have an argument? I think Im going to have a heart attack here....you have made no real arguments whatsoever, pretty much all you have said is straight from Janus' mouth.

P.S. You seem to have some kind of grudge against me...I dont care to have enemies here, and if you want to put this squabble behind us Ill happily accept.

tdtd
My reasons with why Sidious faked the fight have everything to do with what happened, its not my fault if this is too complicated for you.

I have nothing to go by regarding the ROTS commentary because I havent heard it, that is an irrelevent issue in relation to my other points.

Come back when I have an argument? I think Im going to have a heart attack here....you have made no real arguments whatsoever, pretty much all you have said is straight from Janus' mouth.

P.S. You seem to have some kind of grudge against me...I dont care to have enemies here, and if you want to put this squabble behind us Ill happily accept.

Oy.. Let's try this again... Your reasons are invalid because it goes AGAINST what the ROTS commentary states. You shouldn't even be arguing when you have nothing but speculation to argue with. I have said what from Janus' mouth exactly? Or did you forget I was the first to respond to your unsubstantiated opinions? I have nothng against you, you try to formulate an argument without any evidence, so you use assumptions and speculation, which are both illogical fallacies. You then try to discredit my argument by saying I'm copying somebody else... Good job.

Great Vengeance
The ROTS commentary, from all that Ive heard, is vague and doesnt really decide anything. It seems your trying to exaggerate it to suit your needs, though by all means bring out the text if it does indeed support your argument like you say.

All Ive said is speculation? Ive made numerous references to ROTS and DE, where are your references other than trying to make the ROTS commentary something its not? Really man you are the KING of speculation if there ever was one.

Yes you started the debate with this:

"Lets see. Yoda who I am going to say, the second strongest Jedi ever, against the most powerful of the most powerful Ragnos, who possessed Titanic physical powers and had a terrifying grasp of the dark side.. Gee, I wonder."

Since that enlightening post, you have done nothing but post bullshit speculation or make immature reiterations of what Janus already said.

tdtd
The ROTS commentary, from all that Ive heard, is vague and doesnt really decide anything. It seems your trying to exaggerate it to suit your needs, though by all means bring out the text if it does indeed support your argument like you say.

All Ive said is speculation? Ive made numerous references to ROTS and DE, where are your references other than trying to make the ROTS commentary something its not? Really man you are the KING of speculation if there ever was one.

Yes you started the debate with this:

"Lets see. Yoda who I am going to say, the second strongest Jedi ever, against the most powerful of the most powerful Ragnos, who possessed Titanic physical powers and had a terrifying grasp of the dark side.. Gee, I wonder."

Since that enlightening post, you have done nothing but post bullshit speculation or make immature reiterations of what Janus already said.

"From what you heard" isn't a valid response, nor justification. DE is less canon than TOTJ as it came out in the early 90s.. What I said wasn't speculation, Ragnos is the most powerful of the most powerful.. ANd since you want to discredit my argument, show me where I am copying Janus.. Please..

Great Vengeance
"From what you heard" isn't a valid response, nor justification. DE is less canon than TOTJ as it came out in the early 90s.. What I said wasn't speculation, Ragnos is the most powerful of the most powerful.. ANd since you want to discredit my argument, show me where I am copying Janus.. Please..

If what I heard is unvalid then show me its unvalid, bring out the ROTS commentary text if you know where it is so we may see how much it supports your position.

DE is a valid source, TOTJ is more valid? Okay whatever....I dont see the relevency because there is no contradiction between the two.

You want an example...

"What Janus said. You need to open up TOTJ and read up on Ragnos. Sidious was nowhere near the level of most of the KOTOR characters, and Yoda wasn't more powerful than a lot of them. Nothing suggests Yoda could take lets say, Exar Kun, who was less powerful than Naga Sadow, who was less powerful than Ragnos. Ragnos is on a level beyond anything Yoda could achieve."

Thats not all ofcourse, pretty much all of your posts are weak extensions of Janus' points. Or bullshit.

Revolver Ocelot
Well, if Sidious did throw the saber fight... why didn't Lucas say something about it?

He could have left it to interpretation... that seems good. It would make sense anyways to have him throw the fight to lure Anakin to the dark side. But I don't wanna really comment until I heard the commentary for myself.

tdtd
If what I heard is unvalid then show me its unvalid, bring out the ROTS commentary text if you know where it is so we may see how much it supports your position.

DE is a valid source, TOTJ is more valid? Okay whatever....I dont see the relevency because there is no contradiction between the two.

You want an example...

"What Janus said. You need to open up TOTJ and read up on Ragnos. Sidious was nowhere near the level of most of the KOTOR characters, and Yoda wasn't more powerful than a lot of them. Nothing suggests Yoda could take lets say, Exar Kun, who was less powerful than Naga Sadow, who was less powerful than Ragnos. Ragnos is on a level beyond anything Yoda could achieve."

Thats not all ofcourse, pretty much all of your posts are weak extensions of Janus' points. Or bullshit.

That's why I destroyed your argument before Janus did further damage.. Try reading the entire thread... Thanks

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Well, if Sidious did throw the saber fight... why didn't Lucas say something about it?

He could have left it to interpretation... that seems good. It would make sense anyways to have him throw the fight to lure Anakin to the dark side. But I don't wanna really comment until I heard the commentary for myself.

Yeah, I think George leaves alot of things to interpretation so that fans can endlessly debate about it.

Great Vengeance
That's why I destroyed your argument before Janus did further damage.. Try reading the entire thread... Thanks

*sigh* Your beaten, Im reluctant to bruise your ego further.

tdtd
*sigh* Your beaten, Im reluctant to bruise your ego further.

Moral of the story:
Denial is a troll's best friend. Now you can stop embarassing yourself until you research something you plan on arguing, good job troll.

Illustrious

You want an example...

Yes, TOTJ is more relevant concerning it's OWN criteria. And that is the Ancient Sith.

What DE did was operate under the premise that the ancient Sith were only 2 millenia in age. This was further substantiated when the DE sourcebook said as much, which is the DE companion.

Furthermore, more recent sources have created and propped up the Ancient Sith to obscene levels. As mentioned in KotOR, they would make that era of force users look like children with lightsabers. Narratively, they are godlike force users.

Listen, you want to bring up the rehashed-done-to-death-no-one-can-prove-a-shit argument that Sidious threw that fight, you can, but you won't establish a thing. It's more blind speculation, you're the blind leading the blind.

Lightsnake was owned in his argument, he basically had none. His arguments did not make logical sense, used purely hyperbole, and was even caught lying at one point or another. You can search the thread, but all you'll find is several individuals pointing out just how fallacious his argumens was.

Ragnos' era produced the greatest, the Golden Age of Sith powers. The ancient Sith's very artifacts and remnant knowledge made generations of users become godlike individuals, yet you're going to argue that those individuals completely immersed within the culture and power-hungry society were weaklings? You're going to argue that the narrative canonically saying Ragnos was "the most powerful of the most powerful" is false? Has no relevance? Does not fit?

The guy was greater than Freedon Nadd, who NEVER met him in his life, and yet still was able to toss around force users and create avalanches in his death. The guy was greater than generations of Sith. He was the guy that made Luke's entire Jedi Order piss their pants with the mere threat of his revival by Tavion. Yes, he is superior to Yoda, any bit of inference will tell you that.

Deception
So GV, a Sith Lord able to reproduce Sith Illusions so real, they could kill, a Sith Lord that was able to almost defeat the Republic via brute strength and a surpassing command of the Dark Side, a Sith Lord that only lost due to betrayal, and was yet still able to escape by blowing up a star with his own force powers. That is what power Naga Sadow demonstrated, so now, if a Ragnos on his deathbed, prevented someone like Sadow from killing him, then i'd say he is helluva lot stronger than Sadow, consider the word "respect" did not register in Sadow's list of vocabulary, he never hesitated to backstab nor betray, so for him to fear a Sith Lord such as Ragnos is him admiting his weaker.

Now consider the mastery of the force Yoda has demonstrated, name what he could do that would even put him on par with the Ancient Sith. Name something ROTS Sidious could do to put him on par with the Ancient Sith. The term "Marka Ragnos" when you google it, you always find, that he is described to have a tremendous phyiscal strength and a surpassing command in the dark side of the force, this implies power greater than any other.

Might i add, Sidious is the greatest, and not the most powerful Sithlord, he accomplished for the Sith, that no other Dark Lord had done.

Using more of a scientific term here, is the fact that the Ancient Sith were able to their heavy sith swords with great speed, this requires extreme phyiscal power, consider that an average sword is 40-60kg ( Atleast in some places ) back in the medieval ages. Now consider the size and weight of these Sith Swords, and finally know that the Ancient Sith were able to wield them to same ability that a Jedi wields a lightsaber. This speaks great power, for even the most average Sith Lord in the GAOTS. Now, Kressh was able to break these swords with his bare hand, this indeed implies his great phyiscal prowess and consider Sadow was able to stalemate him, he was no less weaker phyiscally. Yet both these Sith feared the hated half blood Marka Ragnos.

In terms of phyiscal strength the Ancients surpass any of the succeeders, and in knowledge and power of the force, they surpass any other known force users.

Revolver Ocelot
Might i add, Sidious is the greatest, and not the most powerful Sithlord, he accomplished for the Sith, that no other Dark Lord had done.

Although I agree with you completely, it's really subjective. What Palpatine did was great, no one will deny that, but I sometimes prefer the more warlike Sith Lords who attempted to take the Republic head on with blood on their banner... And they came close... so close... but lost.

Deception
Well techincally, they always lost due to some miracle. They couldn't really allow any of the Sith lords prior to Sidious win as that would contradict the movies.

In my opinion, Sadow should have won, Kun should've won. Both these Sith Lords were betrayed and backstabbed thats how they lost. Thats why i find some ends really pathetic

skyflyer
Originally posted by skyflyer
Setting is inside the Millenium Falcon. Ragnos is equipped with all of his war armour and his war sword.

darthsith19
Why isn't this thread locked yet? Why isn't skyflyer banned yet?

Blaxican_Hydra
Because hes under the official protection of the Anti-Antediluvian federation.

Wesker
lol

That's hilarious.

Faunus
Pfft. Just replace planet ''Noob'' in Janus's sig with planet ''Anti-Antediluvian'' and you're set.

Lörd Sorgo
Because hes under the official protection of the Anti-Antediluvian federation.

Anti-Antediluvian . . .

You couldn't even think of a name?

Wesker
Like Floodites, or the Scourge?

Faunus
Stfu, prick.

Wesker
faunus = Numan? WTF?

Faunus
Just bump the 'Cyion!' thread and I'll bring my A game. You're not on my level, prick. Stfu, prick.

Wesker
Sheeet, son... You don't want mah A game!

Faunus
You're not on my level, Wesker. If I can't vote in your thread, you can't post in mine. Btw, my A Game would prickitate you, old man.

Lörd Sorgo
Yeah!

Nai, Illustrious, Faunus, lol all antedilvulvuvians don't even try to come in here and help teh WESKERZ!

I'll put mah A game on and you won't stop it!

If any of you reply to my intimidating message, you're proving my point!

NUMAN PWNS!11 I PWN!11 I SOCKZ FOR BREAKFUST!11

Wesker
zOMFG111!1!11 teh Numan sez teh A gaem pwnz00rs teh antuhdeeloovions!!111WTF BBQ LL!!1

Lörd Sorgo
zOMFG111!1!11 teh Numan sez teh A gaem pwnz00rs teh antuhdeeloovions!!111WTF BBQ LL!!1

L0L!!111 U PR0V3 /\/\Y POINT!1111 KLMAOAKMAOAROFLROFLROFL!1111 NUMAN PWNSSSSSSSSSZXXZZ T3H A G4M3 N UBSZ!111

Tarvos
Is Faunus just screwing around?

Wesker
Yeah.

Tarvos
Meh. erm

Borbarad
I'm still asking myself what that "A game" would be ?

Playing leapfrog with a unicorn or frogger with his life... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Illustrious
Yeah, lots of screwing around.

BRING YOUR A GAME FOOS!

Wesker
A Game is like a kitten taking on eighteen German Shepards.

Lörd Sorgo
Who da hell tried to step up to mah A game?!!?!

Man . . . Whateva.

Blaxican_Hydra

Tarvos
Whatever you say, Coleman Trebor of the n00bs...

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Illustrious
Yes, TOTJ is more relevant concerning it's OWN criteria. And that is the Ancient Sith.

What DE did was operate under the premise that the ancient Sith were only 2 millenia in age. This was further substantiated when the DE sourcebook said as much, which is the DE companion.

Furthermore, more recent sources have created and propped up the Ancient Sith to obscene levels. As mentioned in KotOR, they would make that era of force users look like children with lightsabers. Narratively, they are godlike force users.

Listen, you want to bring up the rehashed-done-to-death-no-one-can-prove-a-shit argument that Sidious threw that fight, you can, but you won't establish a thing. It's more blind speculation, you're the blind leading the blind.

Lightsnake was owned in his argument, he basically had none. His arguments did not make logical sense, used purely hyperbole, and was even caught lying at one point or another. You can search the thread, but all you'll find is several individuals pointing out just how fallacious his argumens was.

Ragnos' era produced the greatest, the Golden Age of Sith powers. The ancient Sith's very artifacts and remnant knowledge made generations of users become godlike individuals, yet you're going to argue that those individuals completely immersed within the culture and power-hungry society were weaklings? You're going to argue that the narrative canonically saying Ragnos was "the most powerful of the most powerful" is false? Has no relevance? Does not fit?

The guy was greater than Freedon Nadd, who NEVER met him in his life, and yet still was able to toss around force users and create avalanches in his death. The guy was greater than generations of Sith. He was the guy that made Luke's entire Jedi Order piss their pants with the mere threat of his revival by Tavion. Yes, he is superior to Yoda, any bit of inference will tell you that.

Ragnos was defeated by Jaden Korr....I win. no expression

But seriously I did some searching, apparently this was a sort of war, there were some points in your favor( the rest of KMC) but there were also, undeniably, points in Lightsnakes favor. Ill have to think about all this some more...

IKC
but there were also, undeniably, points in Lightsnakes favor.

Bullshit. He got destroyed.

Deception
Yeh, GV thats why he is no longer on these forums, he lost and he left.

Wesker
Originally posted by IKC
Bullshit. He got destroyed.

I second that. He received probably the worst smashing of any KMC member in the history of this section.

Lörd Sorgo
I second that. He received probably the worst smashing of any KMC member in the history of this section.

I third that, that Sidious fanboy got layed the f*ck out.

Revolver Ocelot
Who's Lightsnake? Some over-aggressive Palpatine fanboy I assume?

Wesker
Something like that.

Tarvos
Meh, what happened to him?

(Btw, your sig reminds me of the movie "Benchwarmers" for some odd reason messed)

Wesker
He got jumped by every debator on this subforum, and his arguments got manhandled like a naked girl in a Turkish prison.

Mysterious Man
his arguments got manhandled like a naked girl in a Turkish prison. laughing ,no offense.

Deception
Ah the good old days of Lightsnake getting pwned.

Blaxican_Hydra
And what he just left?

Traya
Yep.

Faunus
I wanted oen that was delibratley crappy and over simplistic. And faunus I created the fed before Wesker made that sig, your just not a very observant person no expression

Erm, WTF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.