Why do fat people get offended...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
When you call them fat? I mean.. its not like they don't know.. True its a little mean, but its like people tip toe through the tulips with describing a fat person.

Theres a girl at my school who is 5'3'' at the most and HAS to be like 300 lbs at least and whenever I hear soeone talking about her they go "Oh yea Jenny? She has blonde hair and blue eyes... shes a little on the tubby side" I mean DUDE tubby is like... a 150 pound 5'3'' chick.. shes a ****ing WHALE.

And then when someone calls her fat the other person will just say "oh thats not very nice, she isnt THAT big"

My god... I mean, I was talking to my dad who is like 320, and I was saying "blah blah blah obesity is going to be the death of us" and he is like "SHUT UP! Go to your room!" shock You can loose weight dude...

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Ronny
When you call them fat? I mean.. its not like they don't know.. True its a little mean, but its like people tip toe through the tulips with describing a fat person.

Theres a girl at my school who is 5'3'' at the most and HAS to be like 300 lbs at least and whenever I hear soeone talking about her they go "Oh yea Jenny? She has blonde hair and blue eyes... shes a little on the tubby side" I mean DUDE tubby is like... a 150 pound 5'3'' chick.. shes a ****ing WHALE.

And then when someone calls her fat the other person will just say "oh thats not very nice, she isnt THAT big"

My god... I mean, I was talking to my dad who is like 320, and I was saying "blah blah blah obesity is going to be the death of us" and he is like "SHUT UP! Go to your room!" shock You can loose weight dude...

laughing out loud "****ing Whale"

You contiune to make me laugh Ronny thumb up

Yeah, too many fattys around the world too, I blame Ronald McFattypants.

Clovie
I wanna be thinner cry

Revernd Maynard

My god... I mean, I was talking to my dad who is like 320, and I was saying "blah blah blah obesity is going to be the death of us" and he is like "SHUT UP! Go to your room!" shock You can loose weight dude... why do black people hate it when you call them black? why do canadians get pissed off when you call them maple leafed bastards?

Ronny
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
laughing out loud "****ing Whale"

You contiune to make me laugh Ronny thumb up

Yeah, too many fattys around the world too, I blame Ronald McFattypants. Yay, does this mean I get a cookie? eek!

I hate McDonalds (thats what your talking about right?) I can't even watch their commercials.

bloodboy
every girl think their fat

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
why do black people hate it when you call them black? why do canadians get pissed off when you call them maple leafed bastards?

I Don't Mind stick out tongue

Yay, does this mean I get a cookie? eek!

I hate McDonalds (thats what your talking about right?) I can't even watch their commercials.

Yeah, Ronald Mcfattypants works at Macdogfood.

yes

Ronny
why do black people hate it when you call them black? why do canadians get pissed off when you call them maple leafed bastards? THere was a mexican kid in my maths class who got offened when some black dude called his friend "nukkah" no expression its like YOU ARENT EVEN BLACK

Ronny
I Don't Mind stick out tongue

Yeah, Ronald Mcfattypants works at Macdogfood.

yes Vinny you are a maple leafed oatbar eek!

Ronny
Originally posted by bloodboy
every girl think their fat I dont think i'm fat stick out tongue

Revernd Maynard
THere was a mexican kid in my maths class who got offened when some black dude called his friend "nukkah" no expression its like YOU ARENT EVEN BLACK yeah. So its just nature that people are going to get pissed off if someone calls them something at all mean...

_Sanctuary_
I mean DUDE tubby is like... a 150 pound 5'3'' chick.. shes a ****ing WHALE.

laughing

DarkC

Because they don't want to accept the facts.

Vinny Valentine
Vinny you are a maple leafed oatbar eek!

laughing out loud Stiff Oats are my game.

I don't know what I just said no expression

Revernd Maynard

I don't know what I just said no expression no expression

Bardock42

I read something like that about racism in the UK....that people wouldn't even that someone is black because they think it is offensive, while it actually describes people.

Oh and: http://www.devilducky.com/media/38849/

Ronny
Originally posted by DarkC
Because they don't want to accept the facts. Well alot of the fat girls at my school are like "I'm so fat and ugly waaaaa"

Nooo shiit no expression

I don't know what I just said no expression Limp oats are my game homie. icon5_2

Ronny
Originally posted by Bardock42
I read something like that about racism in the UK....that people wouldn't even that someone is black because they think it is offensive, while it actually describes people.

Oh and: http://www.devilducky.com/media/38849/ Yea I thought of that as I was writing the post stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
Well alot of the fat girls at my school are like "I'm so fat and ugly waaaaa"

Nooo shiit no expression

Limp oats are my game homie. icon5_2

*Throws Maynard at you*

Ronny
cry Ew gross!

Bardock42
I dont think i'm fat stick out tongue
Oh, you are though.

Revernd Maynard
*Throws Maynard at you* w00t

Ronny
Oh, you are though. Find your penis one dolla find your penis icon5_2

Revernd Maynard
Find your penis one dolla find your penis icon5_2 lol Family Guy!!!

Vinny Valentine
lol Family Guy!!!

laughing out loud Great Episode

Ronny
Family Guy = Sex touched

Vinny should give me 5 points for this thread droolio

Revernd Maynard
laughing out loud Great Episode I recorded it in HIGH DEF!!! and on DVR droolioOriginally posted by Ronny
Family Guy = Sex touched

Vinny should give me 5 points for this thread droolio indeed big grin

Edit: indeed about the family guy part

Ronny

Edit: indeed about the family guy part *smack*

Revernd Maynard
*smack* again drool

Bardock42
Find your penis one dolla find your penis icon5_2

I'd still do Famiuly Guy with you no expression

Ronny
I'd still do Family Guy with you no expression I'd still do... myself.. with me blink

again drool

Back in your room!

Bardock42
I'd still do... myself.. with me blink

Damn you....catch on, fatty.

Revernd Maynard
I'd still do... myself.. with me blink

Back in your room! Never!

Ronny
Damn you....catch on, fatty. *truffle shuffle*

Never! *throws a playboy in there* no expression

Revernd Maynard
*truffle shuffle*

*throws a playboy in there* no expression eek!

*is gone*

Ronny
Damn right you is blue_bandana

Revernd Maynard
Damn right you is blue_bandana *slap*

what now?

lookaround

*runs away*

Bardock42
Damn right you is blue_bandana

What a strange smilie....

Inspectah Deck
Why do girls get angry when you tell them they have a fat butt, when they do? no expression

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Why do girls get angry when you tell them they have a fat butt, when they do? no expression because its rude?

Captain Falcon

My god... I mean, I was talking to my dad who is like 320, and I was saying "blah blah blah obesity is going to be the death of us" and he is like "SHUT UP! Go to your room!" shock You can loose weight dude... I'ts the same with midgets.

Ronny
*slap*

what now?

lookaround

*runs away* WHHHAAAAAT Foo' NO YOU DIDNT!

I'ma sic my magic gangsta dragon on yooou bitcccch

What a strange smilie.... You just love it euro

Ronny
Why do girls get angry when you tell them they have a fat butt, when they do? no expression Honestly. They want an excuse to yell, usally when they ask loaded questions they are already upset about something and the only reason they ask them is for yuo to fumble and them to yell and ***** and complain.

Its retarded.. which is why I dont do it stick out tongue

Bardock42
You just love it euro

Yeah....something wrong with that?

Revernd Maynard
WHHHAAAAAT Foo' NO YOU DIDNT!

You just love it euro fear

Ronny
Yeah....something wrong with that? I think you just happen to love it to much icon5_2

Inspectah Deck
Yes?

Bardock42
no expression

soleran30
Yes which is exactly why fat people RUN rampant on my things that turn me off boardsmile

Call a fat chick fat and they complain about their genetics. LOL what they should me complaining about is their complacent fat ass eating everything they can see then hiding the rest for later. Seeing Eye Pigs I tell yeah.

Inspectah Deck
Honestly. They want an excuse to yell, usally when they ask loaded questions they are already upset about something and the only reason they ask them is for yuo to fumble and them to yell and ***** and complain.

Its retarded.. which is why I dont do it stick out tongue

So if a boy told you that you had a fat butt, what would you do? whistle

Revernd Maynard
50th post w00t

Ronny
w00t my thread pwns!

Ronny
So if a boy told you that you had a fat butt, what would you do? whistle Buy him glasses stick out tongue

Revernd Maynard
w00t my thread pwns! n3g

Bardock42
Buy him glasses stick out tongue

Oh sweet...I need new glasses anyways...

Inspectah Deck
Buy him glasses stick out tongue

Cool..I can finally get some glasses. youpi

ROYALGUARD
big fat ugly women at findwomen.com

Ronny
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD
big fat ugly women at findwomen.com Soup?

Bloigen
Fat people jiggle. no expression

ROYALGUARD
Soup?

yes plz ty much...

wait wat kinda soup

Bardock42
Oh sweet...I need new glasses anyways... Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Cool..I can finally get some glasses. youpi

Does that seem like the exact ****ing same joke?

Ronny
Originally posted by Bloigen
Fat people jiggle. no expression Like fleshy jello.

Ronny
Originally posted by ROYALGUARD
yes plz ty much...

wait wat kinda soup Fat soup!

Inspectah Deck

Deja vu eek!

Bardock42
Deja vu eek!

Absolutely.

Bloigen

hysterical

Inspectah Deck
Absolutely.

Wurd sun.

Bun Bun

shock

Wow people... Okay comming from a fat person here.. people are just trying to be kind. I anit gunna go up to a girl and be like... eww your to skinny.. And yes we can lose the weight but you know how f*ckin hard it is... and some of us dont even eat Mc donalds.. sick I anit complaining but its like the same thing is you dont make fun of the mentaly challenged kid... Its just kind

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bun Bun
shock

Wow people... Okay comming from a fat person here.. people are just trying to be kind. I anit gunna go up to a girl and be like... eww your to skinny.. And yes we can lose the weight but you know how f*ckin hard it is... and some of us dont even eat Mc donalds.. sick I anit complaining but its like the same thing is you dont make fun of the mentaly challenged kid... Its just kind

Making fun and calling someone fat that is fat are two different things.....

Bun Bun

roll eyes (sarcastic) not around here i guess

Bardock42
roll eyes (sarcastic) not around here i guess

What'sthat supposed to mean?

Bloigen

SHUT IT FATTY!

Bardock42
SHUT IT FATTY!

You're the one for me, fatty...

Bun Bun

Nvm... the friends i have take it the same way

Personaily i dont care... I just wouldnt do it... cuz thats just me

People can call me w-e they want.. cuz i know im workin at it and losin weight.. so no bother to me...

I Just know how the fat ppl feel yes

Hegemon875

Not most of the time. When someone calls another person it is almost always meant in a derogatory way. As a result alot of fat people will feel insulted or belittled when someone describes them as "that fat guy" regardless of the other persons intent.

Bardock42
Nvm... the friends i have take it the same way

Personaily i dont care... I just wouldnt do it... cuz thats just me

People can call me w-e they want.. cuz i know im workin at it and losin weight.. so no bother to me...

I Just know how the fat ppl feel yes

I should do, I am quite that....fat...

Originally posted by Hegemon875
Not most of the time. When someone calls another person it is almost always meant in a derogatory way. As a result alot of fat people will feel insulted or belittled when someone describes them as "that fat guy" regardless of the other persons intent.

Well, might be true, shouldn't be that way though...

FG725
Originally posted by Hegemon875
hey you're back

DiamondBullets
why do black people hate it when you call them black? why do canadians get pissed off when you call them maple leafed bastards?

I don't mind being called black.

K.Diddy
Well alot of the fat girls at my school are like "I'm so fat and ugly waaaaa"

Nooo shiit no expression

laughing laughing laughing

DiamondBullets

I love Micky D's!

But I don't eat there like every day, nor am I fat.

see...

Quellefalathwen
Originally posted by bloodboy
every girl think their fat

I know that I'm fat.....in fact, I'm obese.......because in P.E. my freshman year (I'm a sophomore) we had a test.....I scored 33.1% fat.....I am obese

I may not always look it but I am!!!!! big grin

Magee
I know plenty of fat people who joke about their weight and wouldn't take offence at all if u called them fat. Then again it just depends how u say it. If u mix it in with a load of other insults then its like wtf baitins for u ****, but if ur fat and someone says ur fat it should be like, WTF? RLLY? I DIDNT NOTICE FS! blink

Roulette
WHHHAAAAAT Foo' NO YOU DIDNT!

laughing out loudclap

Council#13

laughing hysterical

Storm
Obese people are stigmatized, and are the victims of tasteless jokes and assaults on their dignity. They face societal bias because of their size. They suffer from the stereotype of being lazy, stupid, weak-willed, lacking in ambition, selfish, greedy, gluttonous, sedentary and ugly. There' s an antipathy toward weighty people, and I' d grow tired of it when I have to hear day in, day out that I' m fat.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Council#13
.... no expression

laughing

Roulette
Originally posted by Storm
Obese people are stigmatized, and are the victims of tasteless jokes and assaults on their dignity. They face societal bias because of their size. They suffer from the stereotype of being lazy, stupid, weak-willed, lacking in ambition, selfish, greedy, gluttonous, sedentary and ugly. There' s an antipathy toward weighty people, and I' d grow tired of it when I have to hear day in, day out that I' m fat.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Well saidsmilethumb up

Council#13
yah... laughing out loud still, what Ronny said was funny

Roulette
Haha...indeedlydoo, it wasbig grin

kudos to you, Ronnythumb upyoupi

Bloigen
Fat people jiggle. no expression

I still stand by my previous statement.no expression

Shelbert Lemon
because its rude? ditto

Alpha Centauri
If someone tells me I'm skinny, how is it rude? It's fact.

Maybe you consider the act of saying it so bluntly, to be rude. The actual SAYING of the phrase itself isn't untrue though is it?

My friend is morbidly obese, and he shouts at his mum for smoking. He rips on her saying how unhealthy it is and how it could kill her, now I agree, but where do we draw the line? Why is it socially acceptable to rip on one kind of unhealthy person and not the other?

Why would HE be applauded, yet if his mum turned around and said "You fat pig, why do you eat like that? It's unhealthy." etc, it would be deemed wrong? They're both unhealthy, both can die from it, so why can't we rip on them both?

Answer: Because we're supposed to be concerned about the image and self-esteem of those who are fat through their own fault and don't try to do anything about it. I say, tough shit. You don't worry about your own health and self-esteem, why should I?

-AC

Bardock42
Two things in respond on AC...

1. What about not ripping on either...now, and I know it's hard I love to make fun of people...mostly stupid ones (everyone)...but still...that would be a nice idea for once...

2. Maybe "fat" is a term that has negative images connected to them, I wouldn't say so, but where do we draw the line there? I mean "N*gger" well, I suppose it is a term that describes black people, that it was used in a derogatory way for two hundred years should, going by your logic, not be of any matter.

Except if you are saying it'S their own fault (fat people's) and they therefore deserve to be made fun off....which is quit a strange view, if I may say so.

Alpha Centauri
What do you mean "What about not ripping on either"? I don't go out making fun of every fat person or every smoker. Some people do, though, which was my point.

Why is it ok to say the same or similar veined comments to one type of unhealthy person, but not the other? The answer is, as I said before, self-esteem. I understand totally that some people are fat or obese through not fault of their own. Some however, are not. So if you're not trying to help yourself and YOU don't care about your own image, why should I? My analogy was correct. If people would say that my friend is right in what he says about smoking, and accept his right to say that, why can't his mum say similar things back to him? It's a double standard. If all he is saying are the facts about smoking, nothing offensive, then why can't she say the facts back? "You are obese and you are fat"? It's a fact, he is. He has no right to be offended, he is the way he is. If he doesn't like it, change it. Don't give me that crap about "I've tried, I can't." either. People lose drastic amounts if they work at it. You (not you) just haven't tried hard enough.

The N-word is a racist term. Fat is not, it's the term for people who are overweight with fat. People take offense even if they are factually fat. If someone calls me skinny, I don't take offense, because I am- infact- skinny.

No, I'm not saying that. It's not always their own fault, but sometimes it is. If you are one of those, then why should I give a shit about making you feel good about yourself? You don't.

-AC

Bardock42
Yeah, I am just saying maybe they shouldn't....

And I think it is nor acceptable to make differences there, I am not thinking that the solution for that is that both should be ripped on, but that both should be left alone, as I am sure your opinion is.

But "N" wasn't always a racist term, was it? And if fat is over a long period of time used only in a derogatory way, as many might claim it is, there is no difference....calling a homosexual a "F", calling a Jew a "K", calling a Black person a "N", might be just the same as calling a big person "fat" ( no I don't think it is, but some might).

Oh, no one is claiming that, but it would also be really stupid to go out of your way to make them feel bad about themselves.

Alpha Centauri
How many skinny people do you see getting called "fat" as a derogatory term? 50? 5 million? None. Fat people get called fat because they are fat. Sometimes it's meant genuinely, sometimes it's derogatory, but let's not be so dumb as to pretend said people aren't actually fat, if they are. If you saw a bully calling an obese kid "Fatty" or something, would you say "He stop it! That's wrong." Because it was derogatory? Yes. You wouldn't say stop because you think he's not obese, if he is.

The N-word is solely a racist term. Fat is based upon factual information and scientific observation.

You're arguing a completely unrelated point as you seem to have a habit of doing.

My main point was that you shouldn't say it's ok to debate a smoker and tell them that it's disgusting and unhealthy if you can't say it to a fat person.

-AC

Bloigen
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You're arguing a completely unrelated point as you seem to have a habit of doing.

-AC

jerry

Clovie
What the f**k? I might be having an idea...... shutup

anyway..
my real life friends used to laugh at me, because of my 'fat leg' (yes, in singular) crying1

Alpha Centauri
Did you factually have a fat leg? I would say that's out of order for them to do that, because it's not something that should be made fun of.

But I wouldn't go and say "She doesn't have a fat leg" if you do. That's my point.

If you disagree with people being made fun of because they are fat, fine. I agree there in many cases. Let's not try to be Captain Morality and DENY that they are fat though.

-AC

Clovie
naah.. I'm actually underweight.. but in their opinin I had claimed that once..and they keep on making fun of that cry

and I generally disagree about making fun of people because of anything... even though sometimes they're asking for it.. by the way they're acting and so on..
eg. when someone overweight is being ruda and unkind.. and is making fun of someone.. I can understand the other perosn saying something like 'leave me alone you fat.... ' or if they're first whining about how fat they are and then going and buying a dozen of candy bars... messed it's pointless.. if they want to get thinner they should just try.. in some cases it is really their own choice..

Bardock42
How many skinny people do you see getting called "fat" as a derogatory term? 50? 5 million? None. Fat people get called fat because they are fat. Sometimes it's meant genuinely, sometimes it's derogatory, but let's not be so dumb as to pretend said people aren't actually fat, if they are. If you saw a bully calling an obese kid "Fatty" or something, would you say "He stop it! That's wrong." Because it was derogatory? Yes. You wouldn't say stop because you think he's not obese, if he is.

The N-word is solely a racist term. Fat is based upon factual information and scientific observation.

My main point was that you shouldn't say it's ok to debate a smoker and tell them that it's disgusting and unhealthy if you can't say it to a fat person.

-AC

How many white people do you see that get called N*ggers?
Oh yeah, none....
Wow....that's really, really weird...could you everytime you say fat instead insert "N" and everytime you say "obese", "black" and we again have the same thing....

The N word wasn't a solely racist term...it evolved to be one...what if that happened with "fat" as well and we two just didn't notice yet?

I agree with your point, but I argue in response to the thread, not your unrelated point. ANd how the hell did smokers come into that?

Obviously you shouldn't say "No, X is not Big" if X is big...but to say "Yeah, X is the fat one" or "You are fat X" might be offensive and should therefore just like the other insulting terms not be used.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

My friend is 20 years old and he weighs 22 stone (I don't know what that is in pounds). I have no sympathy, he does it to himself.

-AC

Bardock42
Exactly.

My friend is 20 years old and he weighs 22 stone (I don't know what that is in pounds). I have no sympathy, he does it to himself.

-AC

No need for sympathy...no one asks for that....just don't insult him if he doesn't insult you....human decency...quite simple actually....

Clovie
Exactly.

-AC
I knew one girl..and she was overweight..and once she went into diet..and it worked and she was looking actually fine.. and then she started eating a lot of candies..and everything she got went bye bye..and she was looking as bad as at the beginning sad

I have no idea about that stones thing.. and I couldn't care less about pounds.. but if you accidentally knew how much that would be in kilos... bag

Roulette
Clovie, your 'friends' need to be b*tch slapped o.o

Council#13
i wasnt following. what did she do?

Alpha Centauri
No need for sympathy...no one asks for that....just don't insult him if he doesn't insult you....human decency...quite simple actually....

You miss the point again.

If I call him fat, or obese, I'm not insulting him. Which is what the thread is about. Why do fat people get offended if they are called fat? I don't know, why? If it's not purposefully derogatory, why do they get offended? Are they so deluded that they don't believe they are fat?

If you are fat, and I call you fat. The only thing you can complain about is my bluntless, not what I've said.

Hence why if I called someone a fat pig, you would tell me it's wrong because it's rude and insulting. You wouldn't go and say "That's wrong...because they're not fat" if they are, infact, fat. Would you?

-AC

Clovie
maybe it is about not using the term 'fat' but 'obese' instead? (which for me doesn't make any difference...)

Originally posted by Roulette
Clovie, your 'friends' need to be b*tch slapped o.o suuure laughing

Council#13
I think Obese is a mean term. Sounds a lot like "OH!!! BEAST!!!!!" erm

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha, how silly.

Obese is a factual term. You're obese once you hit a certain weight, like it or not. It's no mean that saying someone is overweight, they are.

Stop treading on eggshells.

-AC

Bardock42
You miss the point again.

If I call him fat, or obese, I'm not insulting him. Which is what the thread is about. Why do fat people get offended if they are called fat? I don't know, why? If it's not purposefully derogatory, why do they get offended? Are they so deluded that they don't believe they are fat?

If you are fat, and I call you fat. The only thing you can complain about is my bluntless, not what I've said.

Hence why if I called someone a fat pig, you would tell me it's wrong because it's rude and insulting. You wouldn't go and say "That's wrong...because they're not fat" if they are, infact, fat. Would you?

-AC

That's not the point, if you know that someone gets offended by being called "fat" and you do call him that it IS purposefully derogatory....

Council#13
I realize that. I'm just pointing out that it sounds like "Oh beast!!!'

Bardock42
Originally posted by Council#13
I think Obese is a mean term. Sounds a lot like "OH!!! BEAST!!!!!" erm

Ignorance is not helping the movement here....

Alpha Centauri
That's not the point, if you know that someone gets offended by being called "fat" and you do call him that it IS purposefully derogatory....

No it's not. That is catering to someone's overly sensitive distaste of reality and actuality.

An obese or fat person is fat, whether they like that term or not. I'm skinny, regardless of whether I like that term or not.

If someone doesn't like being called fat, despite them being fat, that's their problem. It's what they are. You're German, it's what you are. If you didn't like being German, it wouldn't change the fact that you are German. If you didn't like being called German, it wouldn't mean I am being derogatory by calling you German. It's just what you are, regardless of if you like it or not.

You're being pedantic and overly philosophical, as per Bardock usual.

-AC

Council#13
Ignorance is not helping the movement here....

just saying that that is what it sounds like

Bardock42
No it's not. That is catering to someone's overly sensitive distaste of reality and actuality.

An obese or fat person is fat, whether they like that term or not. I'm skinny, regardless of whether I like that term or not.

If someone doesn't like being called fat, despite them being fat, that's their problem. It's what they are. You're German, it's what you are. If you didn't like being German, it wouldn't change the fact that you are German. If you didn't like being called German, it wouldn't mean I am being derogatory by calling you German. It's just what you are, regardless of if you like it or not.

You're being pedantic and overly philosophical, as per Bardock usual.

-AC

Alright, I might be wrong, will consider your points....

Alpha Centauri
It doesn't sound like "Oh beast!"

It sounds like "Obese".

-AC

Council#13
Say both outloud. It sounds at least a little alike

Alpha Centauri
No, not really.

One sounds like "Oh! Beast!" Two separate words. The other sounds like "Obese".

-AC

Council#13
Meh. Maybe just to me erm

Roulette
Originally posted by Clovie
suuure laughing

Well they dobig grin

I don't like people mistreatin' Clovesschmoll

I will personally b*tchslap them^^ *puts on special glove*

soleran30
Hahahaha, how silly.

Obese is a factual term. You're obese once you hit a certain weight, like it or not. It's no mean that saying someone is overweight, they are.

Stop treading on eggshells.

-AC

At least in the USA obesity is when your body reaches a certain percent body fat............like 22% for men and 30 to 33% for women I cannot recall. But whatever the number is they are fat.

Clovie
Originally posted by Roulette
Well they dobig grin

I don't like people mistreatin' Clovesschmoll

I will personally b*tchslap them^^ *puts on special glove* touched that's soo sweet of you..

what special glove? detective

shaber
I wish I had control of my brothers' diets. I'd make them alot sparser!

Bloigen

DiamondBullets
I think its wierd how SKINNY women are offended by the term fat--and its usually only white women, cuz sistaz have unbreakble self-confidence.

If was fat and somebody called me fat, I'd be like "OK, what's yer point?". It's such a weak comeback/diss, imo.

Inspectah Deck
Exactly.

-AC

22 tons?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Storm
They suffer from the stereotype of being lazy, stupid, weak-willed, lacking in ambition, selfish, greedy, gluttonous, sedentary and ugly.

Lazy, gluttonous, and ugly are usually true.

It's pretty funny when you see some 300 pound woman eating a dainty little salad.

Pandemoniac
People get offended by comments on their bodies when they are uncomfortable with their appearance already. Insults reinforce the doubts they have about themselves. This is a matter of self esteem, if you are born with certain characteristics that another person makes fun of, it's your choice to let them influence you or to put them aside.
Even if your way of life has made you a target, your own opinion should still overrule. And yeah, if you have those unwanted extra pounds on you and someone makes fun of you and you go 'Boohoohooo, he's right... I'm a walrus, bohohoho', then solve the problem or learn to withstand the comments.
At least fat people have some chance to alter their appearance, which cannot be said for those that are discriminated because of characteristics they were born with (except for Michael Jackson that is).

Alpha Centauri
What Bullets just said is interesting.

I think saying ugly being true is a bit of a claim. They're not ugly to a guy who actually finds larger females attractive. You don't, so of course they're ugly to you. So there's SOME truth to what you say, but it's mostly your personal viewpoint. I don't view being grossly overweight as an attractive feature either, and I think that people who claim they don't care only do so to save face.

I don't think fat people automatically are bad people anymore than I do about skinny people or any kind of people, but I don't find being obese to be attractive and I'll be the first to be honest about that. The reaction to that is normally "You'll hurt feelings." Yeah? Well saying things honestly is more likely to kick someone into the routine of wanting to lose weight than if you tell them they look good.

As for gluttonous, I sort of agree with you there. Stereotypes, however outlandish, are there because there is SOME truth to it. Fat people don't OFTEN get fat by being pro athletes, they get fat by eating and eating without any sensible variation or dieting. Not all, but some.

Lazy I think is a bit of a judge-each-case thing. Being obese doesn't make it easy to do things. Then again, my friend (morbidly overweight for his age) goes out and plays football every Sunday for hours.

-AC

debbiejo
Why do fat people get offended? Because people say "Hey look at the fat guy"........."Hey, how do they handle themselves in the bathroom?"....ya know they probably get sick of it.

DiamondBullets
What Bullets just said is interesting.

I think saying ugly being true is a bit of a claim. They're not ugly to a guy who actually finds larger females attractive. You don't, so of course they're ugly to you. So there's SOME truth to what you say, but it's mostly your personal viewpoint. I don't view being grossly overweight as an attractive feature either, and I think that people who claim they don't care only do so to save face.

I don't think fat people automatically are bad people anymore than I do about skinny people or any kind of people, but I don't find being obese to be attractive and I'll be the first to be honest about that. The reaction to that is normally "You'll hurt feelings." Yeah? Well saying things honestly is more likely to kick someone into the routine of wanting to lose weight than if you tell them they look good.

As for gluttonous, I sort of agree with you there. Stereotypes, however outlandish, are there because there is SOME truth to it. Fat people don't OFTEN get fat by being pro athletes, they get fat by eating and eating without any sensible variation or dieting. Not all, but some.

Lazy I think is a bit of a judge-each-case thing. Being obese doesn't make it easy to do things. Then again, my friend (morbidly overweight for his age) goes out and plays football every Sunday for hours.

-AC

thumb up

Ugly: True its only opinion, but if an overwhelmingly large majority agrees--then that usually says something.

Lazy: More often than not its usually a safe bet.

Gluttonous:..........Let's be honest laughing

^ That was great! laughing

BackFire
Because people wish to ignore their problems and shortcommings and live in a happy fantasy land with rainbows and cookies and gumdrop houses on lollypop lane.

Pandemoniac
Their tragedy is that when the really stinging insults start, the way back to a better shape is a long hard road through hell.
But I can't really live in to the thoughts and motivations of the 'grander' amoung us, being a lightweight, so I'm just guessing.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by BackFire
Because people wish to ignore their problems and shortcommings and live in a happy fantasy land with rainbows and cookies and gumdrop houses on lollypop lane.

No matter what 'shortcomings' people might suffer for themselves, they will be focused on those alot more then seeing chance to ignore them.
There is no lollypop lane on the map of despair.

Bloigen
Originally posted by BackFire

Oh by the way, I was being sarcastic.

Welllll, duh.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Gluttonous:..........Let's be honest laughing

laughing

Pandemoniac
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings

Red Superfly
Hey hey, fat people have feelings you know.

Fat people need love too.

But they have to pay.

evil face

Pandemoniac
That is unjustified crap. Mind you, just about everyone that makes fun of other people's appearance do so because they doubt themselves, and seek subjects which are lesser in his/her view to assure themselves that he/she is not the greatest mis-happen on the face of the earth.
A motivation that will only backfire.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings

Nope no2

Red Superfly
That is unjustified crap.

No shit.

Alpha Centauri
Pandemoniac: Considering BackFire often promotes his rotund, hair-laden, food-guzzling gerth as a positive, I doubt you'll find him denying that he's fat. OR having a problem with anyone saying so, for that matter.

That said, he's a great dude and makes the most of it. He's not complaining about being fat because he more or less acknowledges that he doesn't do anything about it. So therefore I have no problem with the man.

-AC

Pandemoniac
No shit. Anyone can find something on the next person to ***** about.
Now I do have to admit that fatties are sometimes just asking for it.

Alpha Centauri
The point of this thread was: Why do fat people get offended when they are simply called fat?

I agree, why? You are factually fat, why do you get offended by it?

If the answer is "Because I don't like it." Then tough shit, you are. Being purposefully derogatory is wrong, but saying it in a completely innocent and observant way is no reason for anyone to get offended.

-AC

LethalFemme
The point of this thread was: Why do fat people get offended when they are simply called fat?

I agree, why? You are factually fat, why do you get offended by it?

If the answer is "Because I don't like it." Then tough shit, you are. Being purposefully derogatory is wrong, but saying it in a completely innocent and observant way is no reason for anyone to get offended.

-AC

Question how would you politely or as you put it innocently call someone fat? lol

Inspectah Deck
Now I do have to admit that fatties are sometimes just asking for it.

^co-sign

One time, before lunch, some fat kid ran to the cafeteria like he was an Olympic sprinter. I was dieing. laughing

Guess what I did to the kid at lunch?

Pandemoniac
Pandemoniac: Considering BackFire often promotes his rotund, hair-laden, food-guzzling gerth as a positive, I doubt you'll find him denying that he's fat. OR having a problem with anyone saying so, for that matter.

That said, he's a great dude and makes the most of it. He's not complaining about being fat because he more or less acknowledges that he doesn't do anything about it. So therefore I have no problem with the man.

-AC

Hey, I do not judge people on their mass at all. I have quite a few friends that have weight-issues, and I could not care less. I love them nomatter what they look like.
Crap, I had a belly once myself in college days (damn that beer).
It's just that many fat people are offended, while they can (or could) prevent the situation they're in, unlike most other discriminated people.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Question how would you politely or as you put it innocently call someone fat? lol

By saying to them that they are fat? If someone goes to a doctor and the doctor says "You are morbidly obese." What does the man or woman say? Nothing. A friend or family member says it, what happens? It gets into "I find that offensive."

Why? It's not an offensive curse word or anything. It's a term for a state. If you are fat, or you are morbidly obese or just obese, then...that's the term used to describe your disposition.

That's how you say it. If they are fat, they are fat. End of.

It's just that many fat people are offended, while they can (or could) prevent the situation they're in, unlike most other discriminated people.

Exactly, and that's tough.

If you are fat, then guess what catagory of person you fall under? "Fat people." Yes.

-AC

LethalFemme
By saying to them that they are fat? If someone goes to a doctor and the doctor says "You are morbidly obese." What does the man or woman say? Nothing. A friend or family member says it, what happens? It gets into "I find that offensive."

Why? It's not an offensive curse word or anything. It's a term for a state. If you are fat, or you are morbidly obese or just obese, then...that's the term used to describe your disposition.

That's how you say it. If they are fat, they are fat. End of.

-AC

I guess so but I don't see the need to tell someone they're fat really and truly cause it's kinda like ugly people I mean they're ugly and they know they are but their no need to tell them . erm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>