Write the defeat of Superman! (Marvel style)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thunderstrike
Superman has gone berserk on the Marvel universe! He was in battle with Slade after Slade was hired to kill Lois Lane. The two were transported together to Marvel earth by a botched attempt at killing Superman by Lex Luthor. Slade gets away, and the New Avengers, minus Sentry, fought Superman and lost. Since then, Superman has seemingly gone insane. Iron Man has concluded that the only way to defeat Superman is to immobilize him, or kill him. Slade has come to Stark Tower with info on Superman, and Stark has hired him to help subdue Supes.
Here's the challenge:
Come up with a plan for the New Avengers to stop Superman. If you want, you can write it out in a story format, or come up with a multi-layered plan. The time period is before issue 16 of New Avengers. Two limitations:
No Dr. Strange
No Ultimate Nullifier, though Reed and the 4 can be called in to assist.

Good luck!

Scoobless
They call the Thunderbolts and tell them to kick his ass to death.... the Thunderbolts then proceed to kick his ass to death

The End!

brainchild81
Reed & Stark create an invention that erases all crappiness from the universe and Supes is wiped from existence. The X-Men mourn the loss of Jubilee and Sentry is suddenly flying around in the underwear & socks he wears underneath his costume.

MrHeavySilence
This only includes the "New Avengers" and the Fantastic Four right? Slade knows the chemical makeup of Kryptonite.

Thunderstrike
Yep. I want to see someone write out a full story, battle and all.

TheKahn
I always like these offbeat threads. smile
Ok, first let's look at the opponents (assuming that Superman isn't too crazy and won't just destroy the planet and that the Avengers won't call in any cosmic allies):

Superman

Strengths
-near planet moving physical strength
-speed that near or at light speed
-high degree of invulnerability
-enhanced senses
-heat vision hotter than the sun
-ice breath
-immunity/resistance to telepathy

Weakness
-kryptonite radiation
-powers are solar energy based
-magic

Plan

Now this is the point where the New Avenger wish they had Thor on their roster, but Richards may prove to be just as useful.

Step 1. Counter Superman's speed and exploit weaknesses
This is critical as Superman has the ability to end the fight before it even begins. Now there is no practical way for them to increase their speed to match Superman, so what they must do is slow him down.

Given their resources, the best way to do this would be a type of localized temporal anomaly (ie slow down time in an given area) while at the same time shielding themselves from the effects. It would be best if this device was transportable. Reed has some experience with time travel technology and with the aid of Tony and his near unlimited resources I think they should be able to make it work. This would have the effect of slowing down Superman to a reasonable level (given more time they might be able to stop time completely but I imagine having a crazed Superman would force them to hurry wink )

Also a red sunlight (that either blocks or converts local yellow sunlight) and kryptonite generator would be useful.

Step 2. Armor
This is where Tony and Reed again prove their value. Tony would hand out specialized Iron Men armors to each member of the New Avengers and Fantastic Four. The armors would be altered to fire red sunlight and kryptonite radiation by Reed and Tony. This may be very effective with the Human Torch if his armor was able to alter his nova attacks into pure red sunlight. Also the armors would be loaded down with War Machine type armaments as there is no reason to hold back.

We still have one ace in the hole here and that is the Thorbuster armor. Again it would be altered to fire magic blasts as well as magically generated red sunlight and K-nite radiation (not sure if the "magically generated" part would make any difference, but what the hell). Now the only person I can imagine wearing this is Slade. I know it isn't generally a good idea to give the bad guy the most powerful weapon but he would be most familiar with Superman (I assume he has thought about how to face him before) and given his advanced intellect he should be the quickest to learn how to use the armor.

Step 3. The battle
The team would approach Superman with the time device active and with their shields synchronized to protect themselves from long range heat vision. Part of the energy from it could be absorbed by their armors while the rest deflected.

The team would then need to be split into two groups: attackers and defenders.
Attacking would be all of the members of the New Avengers along with the Human Torch, the Thing, and "Thorbuster" Slade. The defenders would be comprised of the Invisible Woman and Reed Richards. The attackers would of course attack, while the defenders would be in charge of protecting the time altering device, as with it they are screwed, and the generators. She would be able to add to the shields of both of their armor and he needs to make sure that everything is running smoothly.

Slade would take the offensive with the attack with the others focused on weakening Superman as much as possible. They would need to surround him to make sure he doesn't try to escape and recharge with yellow sunlight. But they have to keep him engaged in battle. With his speed negated and his strength/invulnerability weakened I can see the team legitimately winning this one.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Yep. I want to see someone write out a full story, battle and all.

This is how i envision it happening.............

(FYI - Melissa Gold is Songbird... leader of the Thunderbolts)

Tony dials the phone

*ring ring*

Melissa Gold - hello?
Tony Stark - Hi Mel, it's Tony..... Stark
Melissa Gold - oh right.... the iron guy from the Avengers!
Tony Stark - yeah.... though technically it's Iron MAN!
Melissa Gold - uh huh, ok.... so whadaya want?
Tony Stark - well.... um..... i need a favour
Melissa Gold - yeah?... what's up?
Tony Stark - well...... we have this.....small..... problem
Melissa Gold - who's got a problem?.... the Avengers?
Tony Stark - yeah ...... though these days it's the NEW Avengers
Melissa Gold - yeah, we're in on that whole NEW craze too.... what the hell were we thinking?
Tony Stark - i feel the same way.... but back to the matter at hand
Melissa Gold - hey!.... remember when we kicked your asses down at the beach?

*muffled laughter*

Tony Stark - oh please.... you totally blind-sided us.... AND you had prep!... had it been a straight up fight we would have kicked your butts all over the place!
Melissa Gold - uh huh.... say.... what's it feel like to have Atlas stomp on you?

*more muffled laughter*

Tony Stark - look, the Avengers... New or otherwise .... could kick your jailbird b!tch asses any-day of the week.... just give us a time and date and we'll be there.... you guys are such a bunch of overrated pansies! I'm surprised the Rhino hasn't killed you all yet!
Melissa Gold - you're all talk Stark.... what the hell did you you call us for anyway? what's this favour you need so badly that you're asking for help from the team who just b!tchslapped you?
Tony Stark *sigh* - look....there's this guy.... he just took us apart and we were wondering if you'd like to take a crack at him....not that we can't handle it ourselves.... but we.... ah... we have a bowling alley rented for the day and if we don't show up ..... well.....um.... we'll lose our deposit!
Melissa Gold - wait, wait, wait...ONE single guy took your whole team down?

*full blown non-muffled hysterical laughter*

Tony Stark - ok, yes... you happy now?
Melissa Gold - heh heh.... ok.... what's this guy look like?
Tony Stark - well... you may remember him from that whole alternate earth crossover thing with Kronos.... he wears a blue body-stocking with red underwear over it, red boots and a red cape... got a big dumb "S" on his chest too
Melissa Gold - sounds familiar... I'll ask the guys if they remember him... hold on a sec

T-Bolts HQ

Melissa Gold - any of you remember a guy from that interdimensional crossover thing a few years back, blue tights, red cape red boots.... big "S" on his chest?
Radioactive Man - yeah .... i know him... in fact i pretty much killed the guy.... well... until that robot Avenger guy showed up and saved him
Melissa Gold - The Vision?
Radioactive Man - yeah....this is what happened.... this bald guy from that over earth showed up, took me and Solar aside and explained to us that certain radioactive frequencies and certain solar radiation severely weaken the guy.... apparently he's pretty much invulnerable normally.... but when me and Solar hit him with those frequencies he dropped faster than a catholic schoolgirls panties on graduation night
Melissa Gold - thanks for that metaphor
Radioactive Man - sorry Mel... i keep forgetting I'm a "good guy" now
Melissa Gold - never mind... you think you could take him down again?
Radioactive Man - no problem.... especially with Genis there to back me up
Melissa Gold - Genis?.... you in?
Genis - sure, whatever, shut up!.... Oprah's on
Melissa Gold - I'll take that as a yes
Radioactive Man - so when we doing this?
Melissa Gold - i just need to confirm the details with Iron Guy
Radioactive Man - ok... hey.... tell him Atlas says "hi"

Avengers Tower

Tony Stark - bloody woman... what the hell is taking her so long
Melissa Gold - actually i got back ten seconds ago
Tony Stark - ah...heh....hey Mel... i knew you were there... just kidding ....heh....
Melissa Gold - whatever.... look, we're in
Tony Stark - thank God.... um..... i mean.... cool.... because of the restaurant booking i mean...
Melissa Gold - don't you mean bowling?
Tony Stark - yeah... that's what i said
Melissa Gold - you said restaurant!
Tony Stark - no i didn't..... WHAT'S THAT STEVE?.... uh... sorry Mel... gotta go, Kang's attacking again.... or something
Melissa Gold - yeah, yeah... look.... how do we find this guy?
Tony Stark - oh... he'll show up sooner or later... if not just use a dog whistle
Melissa Gold - ok.... good luck fighting ol' Doc Doom
Tony Stark - yeah.... never can be too careful with old scarface
Melissa Gold - HA.... you said Kang before ..... now it's Doom?.... you haven't got anything on at all .... you're just scared!
Tony Stark - sqqqqwuaaaak crackle... you're zzzhhhhh breaking.. sqwuak... up
Melissa Gold - that's just pathetic!
Tony Stark - crackle... sqwuak.... no it's not..... squiblysqwuak
Melissa Gold - loser!
Tony Stark - zsshhhhh..... bye....scribblezwak

*line goes dead*

Melissa Gold - weaselly little tin plated bastard!
Radioactive Man - what's that mel?
Melissa Gold - never mind... it's just Stark being Stark
Radioactive Man - ah... gotcha
Genis - if you two don't shut the hell up right now and let me listen to Oprah I'm gonna destroy the freakin planet!
Melissa Gold - uh... Sorry big G.... we'll keep it down
Radioactive Man - yeah.... sorry G-dawg

2 hours later (after the Oprah double bill) the NEW Thunderbolts kill Superman!

Lucid Lui
laughing

Good stuff.

JohnR
Iron Man calls Squirrel Girl.

UniOmni
Can someone tell me how Supermans strength is anywhere near planet moving?? Really, just one explanation that actually involves physical strength?? If so, i'd love to hear it. 'Deed i would!!

Thunderstrike
laughing

MuffinmanMike
Tony Stark: *obviously drunk*Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to introduce to you, the Krpytonian Buster armor!
Pete: ...Are you drunk, Tony?
Tony: I just found out how to kill a virtually invincible alien, I'm ALLOWED to fall off the wagon, ALRIGHT!?

Option 2: Cap alone.
"Hi I'm Captain America. You know how you fight for Truth, Justice, and the American Way? Yeah, that's basically me."
"Oh sorry."
"Yeah no problem."
"Have a good one!"
"Later Superman. *To Tony*Nice guy."

TheKahn
Originally posted by UniOmni
Can someone tell me how Supermans strength is anywhere near planet moving?? Really, just one explanation that actually involves physical strength?? If so, i'd love to hear it. 'Deed i would!!

The reason I stated Superman's strength in those terms is that I've always heard it said that Superman's places limits on his powers in battle in order to prevent himself from killing his opponent(s). Now an insane Superman wouldn't be subject to those same self-imposed limitations and so its hard to say just how strong he would be, imo. That's why I used the qualifer "near" planet moving strength. Technically as he could be said to posses "near" planet moving strength now since he was able to help move the moon. It just depends on how you define near... shifty wink

UniOmni
I still don't see how its planet moving strength when he does it while flying. Unless he has a physical base to push off, i still can't deduce where PHYSICAL strength comes in. All it is imo, is a testament to the power behind his flight. No more no less.

Thunderstrike
Flight and Durability.

Anyway, more plans!

spetznaz
I still don't see how its planet moving strength when he does it while flying. Unless he has a physical base to push off, i still can't deduce where PHYSICAL strength comes in. All it is imo, is a testament to the power behind his flight. No more no less.

Then how is he moving it exactly?
Some say it is because he can fly (although I wonder why other fliers, like Rogue, can't even lift a Cruise ship let alone shift orbits)
But the most popular term is the following ....'thrust.'

Well, what exactly is thrust?
It is a directed force .....or to quote from a dictionary: 'To push or drive with force; to drive, force, or impel; to shove; as, to thrust anything with the hand or foot, or with an instrument.'

Alright, let me play semantics here. I guess then it could be said that Superman has planet moving 'thrust.'
He has enough 'thrust' to even move War World on his own.
He has enough 'thrust' to help move the moon.

Anyways, let's use that term ....'thrust.'
So you want to tell me it has nothing to do with strength? His ability to do his higher level feats is all thrust and no strength.

Well, then how come his arms and upper torso do not simple buckle when he exerts his, 'thrust,' against (say) War World?
Or for that matter, let's say Rogue was given Superman's 'thrust' but keeps her strength levels. So she would be able to move WarWorld?

Or take the time he was helping PULL the moon.
If it was all 'thrust,' then how come he did not rip his arms off?

Or for that matter take when Superboy Prime punched out of the Phantom Zone. Was that strength? Well, someone could say it was not strength but 'prodigious force applied at a point to great effect.'

What about the Hulk throwing a gem so hard that it went to the center of the earth? A person could say that that was not strength, but more like a rapid acceleration of an object, giving sufficient kinetic impulse to an object with a small surface area, and thus allowing it to optimize its penetrative ability.'

Moreover, all semantics aside, the point still remains that anyone who has enough strength/thrust/mojo/juice/jellybeans (whatever you want to call it) to shift orbits at will is a character with prodigious levels of ability (I will not call it strength to make everyone happy).

That is the important point: that whatever you call it Superman still has the ability to shift orbits.
Something other characters that can fly and have 'thrust' (eg Rogue, Sunfire, Cannonball ....who has a lot of 'thrust' etc etc) cannot even come CLOSE to doing.

Actually CannonBall is a good example: He can fly (and has great thrust), plus while he is flying he is invulnerable (and thus has perfect DURABILITY).
Thus if all it takes is 'flight + durability' (as Thunderstrike claims) then CannonBall should be moving planets with ease galore.
He doesn't!

You may call it strength, or thrust, or 'pogo-power,' but Superman still has the ability to do things that are beyond the vast swathe of superheroes (in both Marvel and DC). And that 'thrust' (if you call it that) is beyond many characters that I am sure you would define as strong 'proper' (eg Colossus).

BTW: Here is the definition of strength.

1. The state, property, or quality of being strong.
2. The power to resist attack; impregnability.
3. The power to resist strain or stress; durability.
4. The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly.
5. Capacity or potential for effective action: a show of strength.

1. A source of power or force.
2. One that is regarded as the embodiment of protective or supportive power; a support or mainstay.
3. An attribute or quality of particular worth or utility; an asset.
7. Degree of intensity, force, effectiveness, or potency in terms of a particular property, as:
1. Degree of concentration, distillation, or saturation; potency.
2. Operative effectiveness or potency.
3. Intensity, as of sound or light.
4. Intensity or vehemence, as of emotion or language.

tdawg14
He fights a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. He's dead!

Thunderstrike
Nobody from off the planet either.

Validus
This type of stuff kills me. Planet moving in comics is intended as a feat of strength. That's obvious as day. No need to try and explain it. Just look at it, saw wow and move on.

Thunderstrike
Anyway, back to the writing.

UniOmni
I know what it was intended as Validus. Still doesn't make it a pure strength feat in my view. Maybe between Marvel and DC, my suspension of disbelief meter has been tapped out long ago. Still makes it a poorly conceived feat. Just like Hulk punching through energy. No less toddlerish imo.
Kid A:"I can jump over you!"
Kid B: "but i can jump over the world!"
No sense of logic anywhere, and while i know its fictional, i thought the Silver Age was done.
And Spetz, good explanation, but the thing is, since Byrnes whole tk explanation isn't official canon, you still haven't explained how he used a feat of muscular for lack of a better word strength to push a planet. Without a physical force to push off, no muscular strength was used. If i lay down on my stomach, and have a rubber ball just within my palms grip with my arms fully extended, the ball won't move. I could if i had some thrust behind me however, move, and the ball would move as well. I can very well sit up, take the ball and toss it into the next street. But without something to base and push off of, me lying on my stomach does nothing at all. Zip. So thrust comes into play somewhere. Maybe his thrust is better than most. But his best physical thrust when running is at or around the speed of sound. Same as Aquaman and WW. Does this mean they have the same planet moving capacity?? A can of worms is opened.
Strength enough to push a planet without anything to hold said planet together, means pusher goes through the planet. The whole latent TK explanation made perfect sense, showing how he extends his natural tk aura to whatever he holds to keep its form under the pressure exterted. And since his flight was linked to natural latent tk which was netted psionically to his will, he could fly more than he could lift. It was only a matter of will and energy(solar) expended in the process. Thats why i bought him moving WarWorld while sundipped, which means an excess of energy to support the will. And somewhat explained how a guy who can push a planet doesn't destroy them when he punches all out. He just was weaker physically than he was mentally. Made comicbook sense. Since thats not official canon, as i learned, it now makes no sense. Thats why Mr. Majestics planet moving gloves are the most common sense applied items in the last 7 years of comics.

Horrificus
Kang the Conqueror goes back in time, and drops baby Clark Kent into a koi pond.

Then he drinks much time-beer.

The end.

Superherovandal
Reed uses a machine to get the one man in DCU that always trumps Supes no matter how unfeasible it is....Batman. and 10 minutes later we hear a SMACK! and we see Supes lying on the ground with a red hand mark on his cheek and he looks like those cartoon characters that are knocked out with batmobiles encircling his head and bats saying " he never could handle the hand."

MuffinmanMike
When asked "doesn't that hurt your hand?"
Batman responds "Are you a goddamn retard!? I'm the goddamn Batman!!"

Jarshewa
magneto and mr sinister fuse kryptonite into wolverines adamantium skeleton and yada yada wolverine rules

Thunderstrike
Read the directions again. For the sake of everyone's sanity, there was one casualty of the first battle: Wolverine became a skeleton.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Read the directions again. For the sake of everyone's sanity, there was one casualty of the first battle: Wolverine became a skeleton. Then the Marvel Universe is doomed. O_O

Horrificus
Originally posted by Scoobless
They call the Thunderbolts and tell them to kick his ass to death.... the Thunderbolts then proceed to kick his ass to death

The End!

Haha!
Kicking somebody's ass to death is neat.

willRules
Originally posted by brainchild81
Reed & Stark create an invention that erases all crappiness from the universe and Supes is wiped from existence. The X-Men mourn the loss of Jubilee and Sentry is suddenly flying around in the underwear & socks he wears underneath his costume.

laughing its funny cos its true

Juntai
I know what it was intended as Validus. Still doesn't make it a pure strength feat in my view. Maybe between Marvel and DC, my suspension of disbelief meter has been tapped out long ago. Still makes it a poorly conceived feat. Just like Hulk punching through energy. No less toddlerish imo.
Kid A:"I can jump over you!"
Kid B: "but i can jump over the world!"
No sense of logic anywhere, and while i know its fictional, i thought the Silver Age was done.
And Spetz, good explanation, but the thing is, since Byrnes whole tk explanation isn't official canon, you still haven't explained how he used a feat of muscular for lack of a better word strength to push a planet. Without a physical force to push off, no muscular strength was used. If i lay down on my stomach, and have a rubber ball just within my palms grip with my arms fully extended, the ball won't move. I could if i had some thrust behind me however, move, and the ball would move as well. I can very well sit up, take the ball and toss it into the next street. But without something to base and push off of, me lying on my stomach does nothing at all. Zip. So thrust comes into play somewhere. Maybe his thrust is better than most. But his best physical thrust when running is at or around the speed of sound. Same as Aquaman and WW. Does this mean they have the same planet moving capacity?? A can of worms is opened.
Strength enough to push a planet without anything to hold said planet together, means pusher goes through the planet. The whole latent TK explanation made perfect sense, showing how he extends his natural tk aura to whatever he holds to keep its form under the pressure exterted. And since his flight was linked to natural latent tk which was netted psionically to his will, he could fly more than he could lift. It was only a matter of will and energy(solar) expended in the process. Thats why i bought him moving WarWorld while sundipped, which means an excess of energy to support the will. And somewhat explained how a guy who can push a planet doesn't destroy them when he punches all out. He just was weaker physically than he was mentally. Made comicbook sense. Since thats not official canon, as i learned, it now makes no sense. Thats why Mr. Majestics planet moving gloves are the most common sense applied items in the last 7 years of comics. Byrne's Man of Steel, according to the latest Superman Secret Files, is still his canon story.

Superboy's telekenisis is a derivitave of Superman's psionic ability as well.

Other than that, Spetz said everything.. again.

UniOmni
I thought that Birthright changed the nature of his powers, once again??
And while what Spetz said was all good and well, he never or at least i missed the part where he said physical strength is exerted in the pushing of planets.
But if the Byrne explanation still does hold, then he doesn't have planet pushing physical strength. Its mental in its basis form.
He flies using TK right?? So when he flies something heavy, TK is used to do the pushing and holding together as well as thrust. Its like he mimics planet pushing physical strength. It appears to be muscular, sense he has to make contact to involve his latent tk.
I doubt anybody would say Jean Grey is physically stronger than Hulk......But she doesn't have to be, since her powers allow her to mimic his muscular strength.
Same thing with Superman. His muscular strength doesn't match his mental strength. And thats cool, since it adds a cerebral edge to his otherwise brute persona. Not to say he still isn't insanely strong in the physical arena. I just wouldn't say its planet moving.

the Darkone
They call the Champion of the Universe, he comes to earth and proceeds to kick the sH** out of superman, the end.

Thunderstrike
I thought that Birthright changed the nature of his powers, once again??
And while what Spetz said was all good and well, he never or at least i missed the part where he said physical strength is exerted in the pushing of planets.
But if the Byrne explanation still does hold, then he doesn't have planet pushing physical strength. Its mental in its basis form.
He flies using TK right?? So when he flies something heavy, TK is used to do the pushing and holding together as well as thrust. Its like he mimics planet pushing physical strength. It appears to be muscular, sense he has to make contact to involve his latent tk.
I doubt anybody would say Jean Grey is physically stronger than Hulk......But she doesn't have to be, since her powers allow her to mimic his muscular strength.
Same thing with Superman. His muscular strength doesn't match his mental strength. And thats cool, since it adds a cerebral edge to his otherwise brute persona. Not to say he still isn't insanely strong in the physical arena. I just wouldn't say its planet moving.

That would also explain the mental disciplines he knows as well, because it would be difficult to apply them without some sort of mental enhancement. It may only apply to a force around his body though.

Anyway, let't get back to this. Basically, we're not going with anything off the planet. Basically, it's The New Avengers and F4. Nobody off the planet, no Doctor Strange.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Scoobless
This is how i envision it happening.............

(FYI - Melissa Gold is Songbird... leader of the Thunderbolts)

Tony dials the phone

*ring ring*

Melissa Gold - hello?
Tony Stark - Hi Mel, it's Tony..... Stark
Melissa Gold - oh right.... the iron guy from the Avengers!
Tony Stark - yeah.... though technically it's Iron MAN!
Melissa Gold - uh huh, ok.... so whadaya want?
Tony Stark - well.... um..... i need a favour
Melissa Gold - yeah?... what's up?
Tony Stark - well...... we have this.....small..... problem
Melissa Gold - who's got a problem?.... the Avengers?
Tony Stark - yeah ...... though these days it's the NEW Avengers
Melissa Gold - yeah, we're in on that whole NEW craze too.... what the hell were we thinking?
Tony Stark - i feel the same way.... but back to the matter at hand
Melissa Gold - hey!.... remember when we kicked your asses down at the beach?

*muffled laughter*

Tony Stark - oh please.... you totally blind-sided us.... AND you had prep!... had it been a straight up fight we would have kicked your butts all over the place!
Melissa Gold - uh huh.... say.... what's it feel like to have Atlas stomp on you?

*more muffled laughter*

Tony Stark - look, the Avengers... New or otherwise .... could kick your jailbird b!tch asses any-day of the week.... just give us a time and date and we'll be there.... you guys are such a bunch of overrated pansies! I'm surprised the Rhino hasn't killed you all yet!
Melissa Gold - you're all talk Stark.... what the hell did you you call us for anyway? what's this favour you need so badly that you're asking for help from the team who just b!tchslapped you?
Tony Stark *sigh* - look....there's this guy.... he just took us apart and we were wondering if you'd like to take a crack at him....not that we can't handle it ourselves.... but we.... ah... we have a bowling alley rented for the day and if we don't show up ..... well.....um.... we'll lose our deposit!
Melissa Gold - wait, wait, wait...ONE single guy took your whole team down?

*full blown non-muffled hysterical laughter*

Tony Stark - ok, yes... you happy now?
Melissa Gold - heh heh.... ok.... what's this guy look like?
Tony Stark - well... you may remember him from that whole alternate earth crossover thing with Kronos.... he wears a blue body-stocking with red underwear over it, red boots and a red cape... got a big dumb "S" on his chest too
Melissa Gold - sounds familiar... I'll ask the guys if they remember him... hold on a sec

T-Bolts HQ

Melissa Gold - any of you remember a guy from that interdimensional crossover thing a few years back, blue tights, red cape red boots.... big "S" on his chest?
Radioactive Man - yeah .... i know him... in fact i pretty much killed the guy.... well... until that robot Avenger guy showed up and saved him
Melissa Gold - The Vision?
Radioactive Man - yeah....this is what happened.... this bald guy from that over earth showed up, took me and Solar aside and explained to us that certain radioactive frequencies and certain solar radiation severely weaken the guy.... apparently he's pretty much invulnerable normally.... but when me and Solar hit him with those frequencies he dropped faster than a catholic schoolgirls panties on graduation night
Melissa Gold - thanks for that metaphor
Radioactive Man - sorry Mel... i keep forgetting I'm a "good guy" now
Melissa Gold - never mind... you think you could take him down again?
Radioactive Man - no problem.... especially with Genis there to back me up
Melissa Gold - Genis?.... you in?
Genis - sure, whatever, shut up!.... Oprah's on
Melissa Gold - I'll take that as a yes
Radioactive Man - so when we doing this?
Melissa Gold - i just need to confirm the details with Iron Guy
Radioactive Man - ok... hey.... tell him Atlas says "hi"

Avengers Tower

Tony Stark - bloody woman... what the hell is taking her so long
Melissa Gold - actually i got back ten seconds ago
Tony Stark - ah...heh....hey Mel... i knew you were there... just kidding ....heh....
Melissa Gold - whatever.... look, we're in
Tony Stark - thank God.... um..... i mean.... cool.... because of the restaurant booking i mean...
Melissa Gold - don't you mean bowling?
Tony Stark - yeah... that's what i said
Melissa Gold - you said restaurant!
Tony Stark - no i didn't..... WHAT'S THAT STEVE?.... uh... sorry Mel... gotta go, Kang's attacking again.... or something
Melissa Gold - yeah, yeah... look.... how do we find this guy?
Tony Stark - oh... he'll show up sooner or later... if not just use a dog whistle
Melissa Gold - ok.... good luck fighting ol' Doc Doom
Tony Stark - yeah.... never can be too careful with old scarface
Melissa Gold - HA.... you said Kang before ..... now it's Doom?.... you haven't got anything on at all .... you're just scared!
Tony Stark - sqqqqwuaaaak crackle... you're zzzhhhhh breaking.. sqwuak... up
Melissa Gold - that's just pathetic!
Tony Stark - crackle... sqwuak.... no it's not..... squiblysqwuak
Melissa Gold - loser!
Tony Stark - zsshhhhh..... bye....scribblezwak

*line goes dead*

Melissa Gold - weaselly little tin plated bastard!
Radioactive Man - what's that mel?
Melissa Gold - never mind... it's just Stark being Stark
Radioactive Man - ah... gotcha
Genis - if you two don't shut the hell up right now and let me listen to Oprah I'm gonna destroy the freakin planet!
Melissa Gold - uh... Sorry big G.... we'll keep it down
Radioactive Man - yeah.... sorry G-dawg

2 hours later (after the Oprah double bill) the NEW Thunderbolts kill Superman! LMAO... sorry, that's: "MUAH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

spetznaz

Actually I believe that physical strength is indeed exerted in the 'pushing of planets.'
Whatever one may decide to call it is purely semantics (i.e that is why I even said it could be called 'pogopower' or jellybeans), but saying that it is 'flight + durability' is simply wrong.
After all if that was all that was needed then Cannonball should be shifting orbits (yet he cannot even lift a cruise ship).

And anyways, whatever people may decide to call it, if Superman can use his 'pogopower' to stop an orbit, then he can definitely use the same darn thing to hit (say) Colossus so hard that a millennium ends before Colossus stops moving at sub-light speed through space!

I call it strength, but whatever people may call it the end result is still astounding ability to do stuff.
Anything else is worthless semantics.

Scoobless
shouldn't this be in the comic book forum?

Chiefs
batman gets his anti-superman belt and kicks supes butt.

Scoobless
^ wrong universe genius

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.