South Park and Family Guy Rivalry?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I didn't get to see last night's South Park episode. I just had my friend record it for me. And he told me that Family Guy got OWNED.....I was like WTF? What's going with Matt and Trey and Mc Farlane?

I'll be honest...I haven't followed Family Guy but eventually I'll be getting all seasons on DVD. I just seen a few shows from season 1 and 3 and there is some good jokes.

Fill me in...what's going on?

ubber kratos
ya it was realy wierd too but funny

forumcrew
South Park makes fun of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, family guy was just another victim in a long line its not that they have something especially against it.

Jarshewa
i thought they were trying to work in showing a picture of the mohammad.i diddnt see a real "beef" the with family guy until they started stating obvoius flaws with the show.i dont think they ''drilled'' them like they have with other topics,but i still feel there trying to work in a mohammad thing otherwise they wouldnt of said that bit about comedy central pussin out at the end.

BackFire
Trey and Matt genuinely don't like Family Guy. I originally heard about it a few months ago from a quote from Trey and Matt. Someone asked them "What is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you?" Their response - "Man, sometimes people come up to us and say 'I love South Park, it's one of the best shows on TV, that and Family Guy.' It hurts so ****ing much, it's a kick in the balls".

According to last nights episode, they don't like the style of humor, they think it's too easy to have, as they put it, "random, interchangable jokes that have no relevence to the story". They also apparantly think it's not particularly well written. Since they don't like the show, it obviously annoys them when their show gets compared, which they feel is a slap in the face, they feel their show is much better, better, smarter humor, that's relevent to the story of the show, not just random flashbacks. I guess a lot of people in the TV business don't like Family Guy, for the same reasons. I've heard The Simpsons guys don't like Family Guy very much either.

I'm really interested to see how this continues, if Family Guy will shoot back. And maybe a nice little rivalry will start. Though, as much as I like Family Guy I don't think they could really duke it out with South Park, attacking things viciously is what South Park is all about, they've mastered it and they've been doing it for years and they're pretty much the kings of just insulting and attacking things they don't like.

Still, it was a really funny episode. Their parody of Family Guy's style of humor was so accurate and spot on, really funny shit.

Jarshewa
well it was a hell of a lot more funnier then the damn hybrid cars episode.

anyways southpark rules family guy,prison style.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by BackFire
Trey and Matt genuinely don't like Family Guy. I originally heard about it a few months ago from a quote from Trey and Matt. Someone asked them "What is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you?" Their response - "Man, sometimes people come up to us and say 'I love South Park, it's one of the best shows on TV, that and Family Guy.' It hurts so ****ing much, it's a kick in the balls".

According to last nights episode, they don't like the style of humor, they think it's too easy to have, as they put it, "random, interchangable jokes that have no relevence to the story". They also apparantly think it's not particularly well written. Since they don't like the show, it obviously annoys them when their show gets compared, which they feel is a slap in the face, they feel their show is much better, better, smarter humor, that's relevent to the story of the show, not just random flashbacks. I guess a lot of people in the TV business don't like Family Guy, for the same reasons. I've heard The Simpsons guys don't like Family Guy very much either.

I'm really interested to see how this continues, if Family Guy will shoot back. And maybe a nice little rivalry will start. Though, as much as I like Family Guy I don't think they could really duke it out with South Park, attacking things viciously is what South Park is all about, they've mastered it and they've been doing it for years and they're pretty much the kings of just insulting and attacking things they don't like.

Still, it was a really funny episode. Their parody of Family Guy's style of humor was so accurate and spot on, really funny shit.

I'd like to see a rivalry also, but as I was telling my friend last night, they can't compete with South Park for one reason...South Park gets made in like a week. They can write, record and animate it in no time, but Family Guy takes much longer since it's traditional animation. They would have their asses handed to them many times before they can get off one shot.

I love Family Guy though, BECAUSE of the random interchangeable jokes. They are hilarious. I love South Park too, so I would encourage the rivalry because it would force both shows to come up with killer jokes.

Jarshewa
this would of been a good 'celebrity death match' episode.

WrathfulDwarf
Rumors I hear from fans is that Trey and Matt could be jealous of the success of Family Guy. But even if they were jealous what do they gain by spoofin FG? South Park makes satires nearly everything...including other cartoons.

InnerRise
I didn't know it went this deep.

Seriously, the only part I got a good laugh out of is when the police officers, who were chasing Kyle and Cartman, outrageously swerved and flipped off the road rather exaggeratedly just before one cop says, "JESUS MARY!!!!".

is it comprehensible.....

Darth Macabre
I thought it was hilarious....And WD, it's not so much they're jealous, it's just like what's been said...They're mad people even compare their show with Family Guy.

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Rumors I hear from fans is that Trey and Matt could be jealous of the success of Family Guy. But even if they were jealous what do they gain by spoofin FG? South Park makes satires nearly everything...including other cartoons.

I don't know why South Park would be jealous, they're just as popular, if not more so.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'd like to see a rivalry also, but as I was telling my friend last night, they can't compete with South Park for one reason...South Park gets made in like a week. They can write, record and animate it in no time, but Family Guy takes much longer since it's traditional animation. They would have their asses handed to them many times before they can get off one shot.

I love Family Guy though, BECAUSE of the random interchangeable jokes. They are hilarious. I love South Park too, so I would encourage the rivalry because it would force both shows to come up with killer jokes.

That's true about it would be difficult to actually start a rivalry....But a perfect Family Guy rebutal would be actually showing Muhammed...I bet that would a real kick in the groin to Trey and Matt.

Myth

That all seems to be true just by watching the episode. Cartman in the episode carried their idea of Family Guy (and the Manitees) while Kyle showed their opinion of censorship. The Simpsons thing seemed to be validated as well since Bart was on Cartman's side for hating FG.

InnerRise
I don't see the big deal in showing a cartoon Mohammad when they were showing actual video of those other people

is it comprehensible.....

Myth
Because Mohammad is sacred and those other guys aren't.

Anyway, didn't South Park already show Mohammad a long time ago? I believe he was one of the "Super Best Friends" with Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Joseph Smith, Lao Tse, and Sea-man.

XxILuvVegetaxX
I don't think theres any beef. A couple a weeks ago they wanted to do an episode showing the prophet Mohammad to comment on the danish cartoon thing, but Comedy Central (or Viacom dunno which) said no. So I think maybe they were substituting Family Guy as South Park in a way and just making fun of the whole situation.

Myth
There was multiple messages. One of them was the cartoon and Mohammad. However, they also had obvious shots at the Family Guy writers.

BackFire
Here's the clip of Muhammad from the South Park episode, uncensored -

http://wwtdd.com/index.php?type=box&p=sp2.shtml

I hope this offends a bunch of retards.

Myth
OMG! Terrorists are going to kill me for watching that!

DanZeke25

Man, my computer's wierd and only lets me watch videos that I download. mad

Anyway, I think the Family Guy spoofs were hilarious. Both episodes were GREAT.

WrathfulDwarf

How can you laugh at that?!?!?!?!?!? It's wrong! Just WRONG!!!!!!

Very WRONG! It is just TOO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

wrong!

wrong...

WrathfulDwarf
WRONG, I said!. stick out tongue

BackFire
Hahaha

cpointguy
Several years ago I helped Trey prepare a tape for the SP pilot "Spirt of Christmas". His intention was to present it to FOX. I don't remember saying so, but I thought he was crazy. I later heard that FOX turned him down before Comedy Central picked up South Park. Perhaps this is part of the reason he resents Family Guy.

badacyborg
I say Family Guy should retaliate, not that I have anything against South Park...It's just that I like Family Guy better

tabby999
i think theres too much being read into it, on the southpark episode they actually said "sometimes the pointless humor is what people want." they always take both sides of the argument, they had cartman fighting to ax the show because he hates it and kyle fighting for free speech. i think they're just taking the piss because they can. family guy is no threat to southpark and vice versa.

badacyborg
I agree

Impediment
Parker and Stone may not like Family Guy's style, but it's the ONLY TV show in history to have been Un-Cancelled. South Park may be more witty and concienciouss about current affairs, but America, so it seems, loves dick and fart jokes more. And so do I.

badacyborg
GO AMERICA!!

adam861115

Zack Fair

Greysen93
I have gotta say I think South Park is better. I haven't seen the latest season of South Park, but I've seen all the others, and I still love the show. I still like Family Guy, but it seems a lot worse than it was when it started.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.