Halloween 6: The producers cut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
This version is meant to be vastly superior to the original version that was released. ive just bought the dvd, so i will comment later.
Has anyone else seen the producers cut?

Deano
ncludes:

* A different title/logo
* The movie begins with a flashback to 1989 in which Jamie is kidnapped by the Man in Black before the police station explodes.
* Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasance) does the voice-over narration at the beginning of the movie, not Tommy Doyle (Paul Michael Rudd).
* Michael Myers does not kill Jamie Lloyd right away; she lingers in a hospital for half the movie, and is eventually shot by the Man In Black.
* There is a very different ending to the movie which replaces everything after the scene in which Kara is captured by the cult members.
* In the home video version, when the father is killed by Michael Myers in the basement, the massive dose of electricity his body takes causes his head to explode. In the alternate cut, for some reason, this is not shown.
* There are no "flashes" to previous / upcoming scenes throughout the movie, as with the theatrical release.
* More dialogue between Loomis and Wynn when Wynn visits Loomis at his house. Wynn asks Loomis why he is "listening to this jerk" Barry Simms, and Loomis says he's recording it because it's a program about Haddonfield. He then goes on to say that he recently had plastic surgery, to remove some of the scarring on his face and "not frighten little children anymore". Then Wynn announces his plan to retire, thus bringing on the toast to "old friends".
* More dialogue playing over the radio during this scene. There are also a number of different callers than in the theatrical release.
* Kara performs a "chant" for Danny when he has his nightmare. She warns the "evil spirits" to stay away and reminds them that they "know the rules".
* An extra scene of Debra and John watching Kara through the window as she leaves for college. Debra says "it's not about her, John... it's about you", and that she doesn't care what Kara has done in the past because she's their daughter. John replies by saying that Kara is no longer his daughter.
* The scene with Dawn (Wynn's secretary) telling Loomis and Wynn that Jamie Lloyd's body has been found is extended. Wynn tells her to put the sanitarium on a "Code Red Lock-down" for 24 hours, and then says to Loomis that if Michael is alive, he plans on "bringing him back to Smith's Grove".
* The scene where Loomis and Wynn drive to the farm is also extended. Because Jamie survives Michael's initial attack in this version, she is taken to hospital, and Loomis blames himself for everything as she is wheeled to an ambulance. He also has an encounter with the new Sheriff, who tells him that he and Wynn have "no business in Haddonfield", and to go back to their "loony bin".
* There are a few alternate angles during the scene where Debra finds out whose house they are really living in. Loomis goes into more detail about Michael, and when Debra is on the phone to John, there are again some alternate angles. Also, when she drops the phone, the dial tone can be heard, whereas it can't in the theatrical release.
* Barry Simms' death is also done slightly different. There a couple of alternate angles, and a scene after he is stabbed with the camera panning away to show another van parked nearby with the words "WKNB Radio" on the hood.
* There are more alternate angles when Tommy finds Barry's body. The little girl dancing under the tree also sings "it's raining red" instead of saying it.
* The ending credits are also completely different, with a few changes to the cast list as well.
* Michael is shown impregnating Jamie in a black and white flashback, it shows the man in black forcing Michael to do it. In the finale Kara is tied up to an altar while the Thorn cult performs a ritual, Kara says "The baby is yours isn't it Michael?!" and the man in black turns and yells "Michael!." Originally this was the setup for Michael to kill the members of the Thorn cult.
* The theatrical version ends with Loomis re-entering the asylum, and we see Michael's body is gone and we hear Loomis scream, suggesting Michael killed him. In the producer's cut, we see Loomis come across Michael's body, suddenly the mask is pulled off to reveal it is Wynn, who passes on his curse of being Michael's guardian to Loomis before he dies. As the rune of thorn appears on Loomis' arm he screams, and the final image is of Michael disguised as the man in black leaving the asylum.

papabeard
Sounds interesting, how much was it?

Deano
its on ebay for about 7 pounds, unfortunetly its only on bootleg i think.

http://www.petitiononline.com/h6pc/

cropsy_is_god
I have it and didn't find it anything special but the original wasn't brilliant either.

Mider
ive heard that compared to the original its a million times better.

cropsy_is_god
I was told that too but it's up to the person watching the film to decide for themselves.

lottodaddy
I have a few copies from when I was selling it on ebay if anyone is interested I will sell and ship for a flat $20. Let me know if you are interested. Just email me here or at [email protected]

You can pay with paypal or money order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.