Greenlantern vs. Invisible Woman and Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coosie
Greenlantern (whoever) vs. Invisible Woman and Jean Grey

ixie
The girls win.

Wally West
I think most decent Green Lanterns could pull out a win, any of the bigger name ones that is. Most could take Jean (classic Jean, no Phoenix powers etc.), and I don't think Sue is GL level. Of course if its Phoenix Jean then most Lanterns short of Ion, Parallax, etc would die instantly.

Crease
Sue could take him 50/50 herself. Girls win.

blackfog
if its rayner or jordan then the Lanterns got this no prob but others might have difficultys

batdude123
Originally posted by blackfog
if its rayner or jordan then the Lanterns got this no prob but others might have difficultys

What about Alan Scott or Kilowog?

Psyquis52
Alan Scott isn't really a GL at all he just has the name.

Nova Angel
Is Sues Light Power as strong as GL's light, if so the girls win

Nova Angel
Not only that, but the Lanterns need complete thought over their rings, Jean can easily fix that unless some rings protect against psychic attacks

badabing
Is it Jean Grey Phoenix or just plain Jean Grey?

Superherovandal
it does protect against psychic attacks. quite well i might add. any competent GL shouldn't really have that much trouble against these two women. they just got too much going for them.

Psyquis52
Did you make Darkclaw yourself because that is bad@&*!

Superherovandal
me make that old thing? ha! no way i do have a way with PC's but no i found it on some sprite website.

Psyquis52
Very Nice! yes

Oh! And unless it's John Stewart as GL the GL wins...barely

Superherovandal
i wouldn't say barely cause GL's are eons ahead of them in the matter of options and power and stuff.

Wally West
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Oh! And unless it's John Stewart as GL the GL wins...barely Why would John Stewart inparticular have trouble? Hes not as good as Jordan or Rayner but hes still very powerful, he'd own these two (as long as its classic Jean).

Phoenix_Avatar9
a GL such as parallax would wipe the floor with sue and classic jean, but currently, i believe telekinetic/pathic godhood trumps all others

DarkCrawler
Green Lantern wins.

Tron
Co-signed, in big letters.

thesilverspider
Jean is a non-factor in this fight with GL's immunity to her powers and GL can do everything IW can do but better.

willRules
Assuming that telepathy doesn't work, GL pimp-slaps them both. If it does work, Jean mindrapes him whilst IW watches...........

thesilverspider
Originally posted by willRules
Assuming that telepathy doesn't work, GL pimp-slaps them both. If it does work, Jean mindrapes him whilst IW watches...........
That's why I said Jean is a non-factor GL is immune to TP.

ixie
But even classic Jean's telekinesis is pretty powerful especially during her pre endsong days in nxm. And Sue's shields are among the strongest in marvel. And both of their attacks can be invisible.

Tron
I wouldn't even begin to compare Jean's telekinesis to anything any Green Lantern can do or has done.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Tron
I wouldn't even begin to compare Jean's telekinesis to anything any Green Lantern can do or has done.
yes

Thunderstrike
Sue projects invisibility over her outfit to distract him while Jean makes him mentally think he's a toddler.

Validus
Alan, Hal, Kyle, and Guy win. John loses his ring down a sewer.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Validus

laughing

Tron
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Sue projects invisibility over her outfit to distract him while Jean makes him mentally think he's a toddler.

All Green Lanterns are completely immune to telepathy. If they don't want you in their head, you won't get in. And I don't think Sue going invisible would make a world of difference. "Ring, make her visible." It's that simple.

thesilverspider
sad

Thunderstrike
All Green Lanterns are completely immune to telepathy. If they don't want you in their head, you won't get in. And I don't think Sue going invisible would make a world of difference. "Ring, make her visible." It's that simple.

Tron, I meant that she's making it look like her clothing isn't there. Meaning SHE'S NAKED!

Tron
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Tron, I meant that she's making it look like her clothing isn't there. Meaning SHE'S NAKED!

Yeah, cause a Green Lantern, the stongest willed individual in the universe, will be distracted by some naked chick, right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thunderstrike
If it's Rayner, then yes.

Wally West
Alan, Hal, Kyle, and Guy win. John loses his ring down a sewer. mad

Psyquis52

First of all, the person holding the ring would have to know there's a person there. Secondly does any one else think Marvel plays a little too much in the mind powers area?

Psyquis52
Oh yeah and Jon sucks.

Wally West
John owns!

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1372/john0nj.gif

GalacticStorm

Either thats a misconception or things have been changed up recently:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7814/scan00044ci.th.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1324/scan000500065jb.th.jpg

Hal Jordan the so called premiere lantern can and has been shown to be susceptible to telepathy. So while the ring may provide resistance, it certainly doesnt make a wielder immune to telepathy. On top of that as the scene shows, fighting off a psi attack from a powerful tp required Hals full concentration, leaving him open and vulnerable to attack.

As you can see, Despero made Hal and a decent number of other people his biatches. Hals resistance to tp cant be beyond a telepath of Jean Greys ability to overcome then.

GalacticStorm
If GLs can eventually be overcome by telepathy as recent events appear to show, then Jean Grey and IW win over any single standard (by that i mean not powered up beyond normal GL level Ion, Parallax etc) lantern.

Wally West
Despero isn't exactly a run of the mill telepath though, hes at least more powerful with telepathy than Martian Manhunter and Aquaman combined, and it appears Hal was resisting his attacks until Batman caught him with that punch. Is Jean as good a telepath as Despero?

Didn't John Stewart block out telepathy from Fernus once?

I wouldn't say they are immune to it, but they can put up enough resistance to knock Jean out before she overcomes them.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If GLs can eventually be overcome by telepathy as recent events appear to show, then Jean Grey and IW win over any single standard (by that i mean not powered up beyond normal GL level Ion, Parallax etc) lantern. In the newest GL series, Hal went to Hector Hammond, and had to turn off the block all telepathy aspect of his ring to let Hector enter his mind..

Kinda contradicting. I dunno.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Wally West
Despero isn't exactly a run of the mill telepath though, hes at least more powerful with telepathy than Martian Manhunter and Aquaman combined, and it appears Hal was resisting his attacks until Batman caught him with that punch. Is Jean as good a telepath as Despero?

Didn't John Stewart block out telepathy from Fernus once?

I wouldn't say they are immune to it, but they can put up enough resistance to knock Jean out before she overcomes them.

Jeans a telekinetic as well so she could protect herself quite easily. It appears from that scene that fending off tp takes all of a GLs concentration and when that is lost, as we saw here it all goes downhill. Considering Jean isnt alone in this versus match, a Gl isnt going to have the luxury of fighting off such an attack undisturbed.

ixie
Isn't a Greenlantern's construct always physically connected to his ring but Invisible Woman can create shields and constructs that are not physically connected to her as well as Jean with her telekinesis? So can't Jean and Sue just create a super strong force field and hide in it while attacking GL at the same time?

jrodslam
Actually, Despero wasnt trying to get into Hals head. Hal was trying to release Despero's hold from the other members of the JLA. Depero didnt even attemp it apparently. When Bats came out and hit him, thats when Despero took advantage and mind controlled him. Secondly, Despero is magically enhanced so his telepathy isnt your average uber telepathy like Jean, J'onn, etc.

In this fight, Lantern is aware of his enemies being only 2. Unlike the Despero fight, he doesnt have to rely on teammates taking care of the other opponent(s). Lantern wins.

Validus
Despero's abilties are from the Flame of Py'tar, magical in nature, so his TP isn't just standard TP. GL has a magic problem as seen in Blue Beetle #1. Plus being able to control living beings is part of his powerset.

Tron
Originally posted by ixie
Isn't a Greenlantern's construct always physically connected to his ring but Invisible Woman can create shields and constructs that are not physically connected to her as well as Jean with her telekinesis? So can't Jean and Sue just create a super strong force field and hide in it while attacking GL at the same time?

Nope, that's completely up to the Green Lantern whether or not it's connected to the ring. Check the GL respect thread and you'll see what I mean. And GL can also create a forcefield just as strong, if not stronger.

Superherovandal
Jean(excluding Phoenix) and Sue are great but GLs are a couple leagues above.

Murda Mase
GL wins.

ixie
Which GL's lose? which gls win?

thesilverspider
Which GL's lose? which gls win?
Only john loses...........

Thunderstrike
John always loses. He's kinda like the Rhino.

coosie
What if it's Jean with her NXM power levels and the GL threatened Sue's family?

Thunderstrike
If he faced a bloodlusted Sue, then his head asplode.

Validus
What if we stack the odds in favor of the girls? Can GL win?!?!?

Crease
No need to stack the odds in favor of the girls...They both have have forcefields to defend against any energy or construct GL can throw at them. They also both possess invisible attacks, so a GL won't see their attacks coming and therefore won't be able to defend against them. Superherovandal stated Gls are way out of the girls league. Their easily out of Jeans league, but if Sue could fly...

Girls win 8/10

coosie
Doesn't Sue do things with her shields that can make her simulate flying. Or create slides like Iceman. But sometimes the just ride them like a magic carpet. Technically she should be able to do what GL's do to fly. But somehow she doesn't

Tron
Originally posted by Crease
No need to stack the odds in favor of the girls...They both have have forcefields to defend against any energy or construct GL can throw at them. They also both possess invisible attacks, so a GL won't see their attacks coming and therefore won't be able to defend against them. Superherovandal stated Gls are way out of the girls league. Their easily out of Jeans league, but if Sue could fly...

Girls win 8/10

Any GL could still make it to where they could see anything invisible. People forget that those rings are some of the ultimate plot devices.

Originally posted by coosie
Doesn't Sue do things with her shields that can make her simulate flying. Or create slides like Iceman. But sometimes the just ride them like a magic carpet. Technically she should be able to do what GL's do to fly. But somehow she doesn't

Her powers don't work like a GL. They can actually fly, and do pretty much whatever else they want with it. I say again, check the GL respect thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t366379.html

Now, can y'all honestly tell me that those two can match up against something like that?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Jean is a non-factor in this fight with GL's immunity to her powers and GL can do everything IW can do but better.

They are not immune to TP. They can however put a TP-resistant shield to protect them. Question is, which would be faster, Jean attacking Kyle with TP or Kyle being able to erect a shield.

That or knowing Sue's ability to project his Invisible forcefields even inside the body of someone being able to do things like blind people or crush their lungs instantly.

coosie
I just learned from another thread that Omega Jean's level of telekinesis is class 1000. That's without the phoenix. Does this change anything?

ixie
The girls win.

Superherovandal
the GL will always win those rings have automatic defenses and stuff. and Kyle during the Worlds at War event contained the Imperiex Effect which was going to restart the universe. and the ring wouldmore than likely warn him and protect from Sues shields. Any good GL is a solid to high herald level.

ixie
Are all GL's good? Im sure Jean can kill some of them with all of her power and all. And Sue to. And the automatic protection won't be much of a factor here because all 3 will enter the fight already proected with their own shield.

Superherovandal
they could easily kill Jean with a planet busting blast shields or no shields. John destroyed one. No i'm just saying that Sue won't be able to put a shield in GL's body. And GLs used for these intents such as Hal, Guy, Kyle , Kilowog and even John would. Mogo would too probably. Not sure about the new recruits but we don't use them cause theyre unknowns. LIke I said any good GL is solid herald level. they can't just erect shield and hands but EM manipulation, matter transmutation, Dimensional travel, energy manipulation, wormholes, etc. You just can't compare.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Superherovandal
the GL will always win those rings have automatic defenses and stuff. and Kyle during the Worlds at War event contained the Imperiex Effect which was going to restart the universe. and the ring wouldmore than likely warn him and protect from Sues shields. Any good GL is a solid to high herald level.

The rings don't have automatic defenses against Telepathic assaults.

Superherovandal
I'm not sure but he could easily sense it with the ring and protect himself he's protected himself tons of times.

leonheartmm
no blast a gl can produce can rival a full powered cosmic blast from galactus. and sue's forefield takes that regularly. shes also blasted a hole through galactus's chest and killed a celestial with her armour. even sentinal alan scott cant touch her. add jean to that a current omega and soft/hard psionic and you have a dead gl corp.

ixie
So can Sue blast a hole/pierce through a GL's shield? What is soft/hard psionic?

Superherovandal
no she can't that pure PIS. i mean thats just as bad as Galactus losing to Guardian. and the only reason she defeated a Celestial is cause her power comes from the same place she does. and since when have the FF ever faced a full power Galactus. He only comes to Earth when hes desperate for food which is when he's incredibly weak. and yes John Steward destroyed a planet with the ring before.

Tron
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no blast a gl can produce can rival a full powered cosmic blast from galactus. and sue's forefield takes that regularly. shes also blasted a hole through galactus's chest and killed a celestial with her armour. even sentinal alan scott cant touch her. add jean to that a current omega and soft/hard psionic and you have a dead gl corp.

Ummmm, Sentinal stood up against the Spectre. Saying he can't touch her is B.S. In fact, using him would be serious overkill in this fight.

ixie
Iconoclast easily shattered IW's shields like it were glass.

Juntai
I'm pretty sure Gladiator has as well.

Superherovandal
Kyle at full potential as Green Lantern?

-Creating and containing black holes
-Contained a supernova
-Contained the 2nd Big Bang
-Created a mini red sun
-Held dozens of planets together on a string
-Overcame a portion of the Anti-Life Equation
-Overcame telepathy of the highest order while drugged and tortured
-Willed a planet back together
-Took planet destroying blast while barely flinching
-Held his own against Post Zero Hour Parallax
-Defeated one of the strongest versions of Amazo
-Created sentient life with super powers of their own, one with the combined ability of Wally West and a Green Lantern

this is Validus' quote from Kyle versus Cap Atom. And some say that IW and Jean could beat a GL.

Phoenix_Avatar9
So can Sue blast a hole/pierce through a GL's shield? What is soft/hard psionic?

Soft psi-telepathic and mental powers

hard psi-telekinetic feats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.