The Mask vs. Spawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Two of Dark Horse's most powerful characters battle it out. Who wins? Now don't just say Spawn because in the movie, the Mask was portrayed as a joke. In the comics, the Mask is extremely uber powerful. Who wins?

samishe
Originally posted by batdude123
Two of Dark Horse's most powerful characters battle it out. Who wins? Now don't just say Spawn because in the movie, the Mask was portrayed as a joke. In the comics, the Mask is extremely uber powerful. Who wins?

Mask wins no doubt. He could make look hilarious anyone. stick out tongue

braz
Spawn.

Mider
no one has ever beaten the mask to my knowledge so i wouldnt know who wins

samishe
Let's see.
Mask is immortal and can do ANYTHING.
He wins.

Mider
i have not ever seen the limit of the masks power the greatest display is probably when lobo had the mask and killed whole galaxies

braz
Spawns immortal, and he has the power to stop timewink

second, the mask is a joke, just look at the movielaughing

batdude123
Originally posted by braz

Like I said before braz, don't just sum up the Mask just by the movie, in the comics he is easily on Spawn's level of power and might even be a little more powerful. wink

braz
what does the mask do in the comics?

samishe
Originally posted by braz

Dude, even if Spawn stops time, it wont stop the Mask, nothing can stop that guy. big grin

batdude123
Here ya go braz:

The Mask is a comic book series created by John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke, published by Dark Horse Comics. It is about a magic mask that gives anyone who wears it physical invulnerability and a number of reality-defying powers (for instance, the ability to produce useful objects out of thin air), but also lowers the wearer's inhibitions and amplifies the darker parts of the wearer's personality.

Metalmanx
The Mask is far more powerful. He can basically do anything within in his imagination. And I have yet to see him actually get hurt.

Tron

Dude, Spawn's from Image, not Dark Horse.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tron
Dude, Spawn's from Image, not Dark Horse.

My bad. embarrasment

Mider
well when lobo had the mask he killed whole galaxies and looked like he was having fun but he was vunrable to time travel.

MrHeavySilence
I've never read the Mask comics, only watched the movie. AND THAT MASK IS HILARIOUS. Damnit. You can't stop The Mask, he'd make Spawn laugh to death! Comon' anybody that can turn a balloon into a tommy gun must be tapping into the speed force or somethin!

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I've never read the Mask comics, only watched the movie. AND THAT MASK IS HILARIOUS. Damnit. You can't stop The Mask, he'd make Spawn laugh to death! Comon' anybody that can turn a balloon into a tommy gun must be tapping into the speed force or somethin!

Do you want me to tell you Mask's powers?

EevilJ
The Mask 10/10. Sorry Spawn sad

MrHeavySilence
Do you want me to tell you Mask's powers?

Sure, but Braz kinda explained it. "Reality-defying powers."

batdude123
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Sure, but Braz kinda explained it. "Reality-defying powers."

Yeah, basically. He has invulnerability no matter what the extent of the damage is, and he can pull any weapon that he can possibly imagine right out of thin air. Yeah, the Mask is a beast.

juggernaut66666
spawn wins he can do what ever he wants he can create what ever he wants

samishe
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
spawn wins he can do what ever he wants he can create what ever he wants

Gotta disagree here with you Jugg66, Mask also can do whatever he wants. That's his main power. To do everything.

batdude123
^ yes Plus complete and utter invulnerability.

juggernaut66666
spawn has created a mini heaven from hell i doubt that the mask can UBER that

batdude123
^ He could if he desired.

juggernaut66666
than it is a stalemate

batdude123
Does Spawn have complete and utter invulnerability no matter what the extent of the damage?

juggernaut66666
he is immortal he can't be killed

batdude123
That's not my question. Deadpool is immortal and can still be KO'ed or hurt.

Mider
spawn can be hurt even at god level from what ive read in wiki if the damage is bad enough but when mask battled lobo he had every cell in his body killed and regenerated in less then a second

batdude123
Spawn would get f*cked up.

xtrubeastxcs
This mask guy sounds like the most boring character ever made, what good is a comic where a guy goes around and doesnt get hurt at all, let alone no challenges, just new ideas to show the mask cant be hurt... wow. Sadly I guess the mask would win, because its stupid.

batdude123
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
This mask guy sounds like the most boring character ever made, what good is a comic where a guy goes around and doesnt get hurt at all, let alone no challenges, just new ideas to show the mask cant be hurt... wow. Sadly I guess the mask would win, because its stupid.

Stupid and boring maybe, but he'd still f*ck up Spawn. big grin

xtrubeastxcs
Stupid and boring maybe, but he'd still f*ck up Spawn. big grin

hah yeah but still u have to admit the comic cant be much fun

Mider
of course its interesting its called drama, cause the characters who wear the mask have to be really careful of people who try to steal it from them, ninja's, nazis yup you heard me, lobo lol, mob bosses, the cops, walter, he has to take off the mask sometime and the power of the mask is limitied by the imagination of the user most likely, when stanleys gf had it she could only do certain things but thats it she didnt do stuff like fly like this other dork did or even command a pack of mystically created wild animals like someone else, he can grow to giant sizes too he ate lobo, but lobo ripped out of him, he ate another alien too by making his mouth grow giant, he can summon any weapon, but there are certain things that can effect the human being below the mask. Posion ivey took controll of the being below the mask the human factor and made him do what she wanted, the mask was controlled by voodoo even though it didnt hurt him none the less it controlled him, also his powers have seemed to be drained by magic, but not once has he ever been on the verge of death not ever that ive remebered he cannot die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.