New Audioslave Album

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Sounds like it should be good:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_audioslave_album_on_its_way.html

Alpha Centauri
Old news.

It's likely to be called Revelations according to Cornell. I can sense a lot of people disliking it because he said it's taken a more soulful, almost R&B route due to all of his favourite singers being in that genre.

A style that will suit Morello I think.

-AC

Darth Revan
Somehow it worries me that they're coming out with a new album so soon after Out of Exile. I fear it will suck...

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Old news.

It's likely to be called Revelations according to Cornell. I can sense a lot of people disliking it because he said it's taken a more soulful, almost R&B route due to all of his favourite singers being in that genre.

A style that will suit Morello I think.

-AC

Yeah I read that too but Morello is calling it a hard rock album. Either way, Im looking forward to it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Somehow it worries me that they're coming out with a new album so soon after Out of Exile. I fear it will suck...

Why?

System of a Down already proved that if you have the talent it doesn't matter when you bring out a new album. They did two in a year, and both were candidates for best album of that year.

That said, I seriously doubt that anything Audioslave put out, will "suck".

-AC

el_barto
Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine are much better bands then Audioslave.

Alpha Centauri
I think Audioslave have made much better music in two albums than Soundgarden did in all of theirs.

Soundgarden at their peak may...MAY have been a better band, but I don't think they are overall. As for Rage, you've gotta remember that Rage more or less created an entire genre with their debut album. Audioslave are making music in an already existing genre, so it doesn't stand out as much. I think this next album might be what sets them apart.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Rage are the best of the three by far. Audioslave are second, in my opinion.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

That sounds spectacular to me. Audioslave are so close to my idea of a perfect band. I'm sure it will be excellent.

Darth Revan
Why?

System of a Down already proved that if you have the talent it doesn't matter when you bring out a new album. They did two in a year, and both were candidates for best album of that year.

That said, I seriously doubt that anything Audioslave put out, will "suck".

-AC

You can't really compare it to Mezmerize/Hypnotize, because that was basically just one really long album that they released at two different times. It was all written and recorded at once.

I also doubt it will suck at all, it just seems a little... rushed.

Alpha Centauri
It's still a matter of productivity. They could have released Hypnotize a year later, wouldn't have mattered.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Rage are the best of the three by far. Audioslave are second, in my opinion.

Word

Valharu
Soundgarden will always reign supreme compared to rage and Audio Slave. And Morello has to get over himself and play some decent solos.

Alpha Centauri
Soundgarden aren't better than Rage by any stretch of the imagination, to me at least.

Second, Tom doesn't HAVE to do anything. He's managed to be regarded as one of the best guitarists of modern times off the back of his work so far, so I think he's doing just fine. You need to get over YOURSELF, it sounds like.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Valharu
Morello has to get over himself and play some decent solos.

What the hell?

Alpha Centauri
I just realised the further irony there.

Surely if someone played too many "Look at me!" solos, THEN they would need to get over themselves, right? Not someone who focuses more on making the music great for the band as a whole.

-AC

Valharu
I'm not saying Morello isn't a bad guitarist. I just find his solos too self absorbed. Personal taste, half his shit destroys the melody and flow of the song. Those are my views.

Alpha Centauri
What solos? I swear you said he needs to do more to get OVER himself, now you're saying his solos are too self-absorbed? Make your mind up.

-AC

Valharu
What solos? I swear you said he needs to do more to get OVER himself, now you're saying his solos are too self-absorbed? Make your mind up.

-AC AC, scroll up the page a few inches and read my post again. It isnt hard mate. I think his music is out of sink with the flow of the songs. Fine with Rage, but not with Cornell's style. My opinion.

Alpha Centauri
You said he needs to get over himself and play some decent solos, but then complained about him playing solos.

This can mean that you don't think his solos are decent now because he's too self-absorbed? I honestly don't see how you can deduce that from the music. I'm further puzzled at how you can say "Fine with Rage" as if he's working with different band members.

-AC

RedAlertv2
Valharu I see your point in saying that Morello's style worked better with Rage but I think calling him self absorbed was a stupid way to put it.

Valharu
You said he needs to get over himself and play some decent solos, but then complained about him playing solos.

This can mean that you don't think his solos are decent now because he's too self-absorbed? I honestly don't see how you can deduce that from the music. I'm further puzzled at how you can say "Fine with Rage" as if he's working with different band members.

-AC C'mon AC. No one may agree with my points. But surely its not hard to understand where I'm coming from. Or is it only you.

Alpha Centauri
No, it is hard to understand where you're coming from.

Is there such thing as a self-indulgent solo? Maybe, but it's a bit of a paradox. I personally never find his solos to be out of place. Even so, I'd rather them stand out than have some identikit boring solo.

-AC

Valharu

Is there such thing as a self-indulgent solo? Maybe, but it's a bit of a paradox. I personally never find his solos to be out of place. Even so, I'd rather them stand out than have some identikit boring solo.

-AC Understood. I just wish there was some melody to go with the songs. But I do have the albums. And its mostly Out of Exile I have the issues with. Enough said.

Victor Von Doom

Is there such thing as a self-indulgent solo? Maybe, but it's a bit of a paradox.

You mean a tautology. That phrase is the opposite of a paradox.

Alpha Centauri
Yih.

Originally posted by Valharu
Understood. I just wish there was some melody to go with the songs. But I do have the albums. And its mostly Out of Exile I have the issues with. Enough said.

There's plenty of melody. Getaway Car, The Last Remaining Light, Doesn't Remind Me, Yesterday to Tomorrow etc.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Word to AC's momma. She taught dat boy well.

Darth Revan
What does everybody think of this new song, "Original Fire"?

I'm a bit disappointed with it, honestly. It's kind of... boring.

Alpha Centauri
I think it's brilliant. I'm glad they're going to a more soulful rock style, it suits them better.

-AC

Darth Revan
I like the style, and I agree that it suits them, but the song itself is a little repetitive. I can see the new album being good (mediocre first singles and all), but Original Fire just feels watered down and, dare I say, weak.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Darth Revan
What does everybody think of this new song, "Original Fire"?

Heard it, like it, digging the new funky feel.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Heard it, like it, digging the new funky feel.

You just dig everything with any kind of mad bassline.

You crunked fool.

-AC

Lana
I haven't heard it yet...I need to though.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You just dig everything with any kind of mad bassline.

You crunked fool.

You know me, dogg. I'm all about that shit.

Seriously, the more I hear that tune, the more I think it's the bombtrack.

Unbelievers can hear it here...

Bardock42
Quite enjoyed it ...

Stupid Question

Lana
Just listened to it...yep, I definitely liked it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Quite enjoyed it ...

Stupid Question

You're a stupid question.

Sidenote: Oooo, I'm finally going to see Miami Vice tonight...Yeahhhhh. I heard there's a couple of new Audioslave tracks in it...Ooooo, yeahhhhhh.

Yeahhhhhh, oooooo.

~Da Rev~
I'm listening to Original Fire now. Its spectacular. I dont think its boring at all. They've got the same amazing voice of the band, with a new kind of sound. Its got a mixture of influences from different kind of music. I sense some old time blues, Rock, and all of that good stuff. Nice and soulful. Got to love that guys voice, too.

Bardock42
You're a stupid question.

Sidenote: Oooo, I'm finally going to see Miami Vice tonight...Yeahhhhh. I heard there's a couple of new Audioslave tracks in it...Ooooo, yeahhhhhh.

Yeahhhhhh, oooooo.

Well, don't know about the Audioslave tracks, but (at least over here) they promote it with numb by linkin park...I figured the movie sucks....

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Nah, duuuuuuude...The movie was awsome...like, totally awesome. Really.

I do believe I heard a couple of Audioslave tracks in the movie, but they don't appear on the soundtrack. Either way, the tracks I heard were, like, totally awesome. Really. I guess Mann must be an Audioslave fan...either that or he just likes their music. Wait...Is that right, AC? Maybe I should say he's a fan of their music, but he probably doesn't own a t-shirt. Wait...Eh...No, I'm confused.

Bardock42
Nah, duuuuuuude...The movie was awsome...like, totally awesome. Really.

I do believe I heard a couple of Audioslave tracks in the movie, but they don't appear on the soundtrack. Either way, the tracks I heard were, like, totally awesome. Really. I guess Mann must be an Audioslave fan...either that or he just likes their music. Wait...Is that right, AC? Maybe I should say he's a fan of their music, but he probably doesn't own a t-shirt. Wait...Eh...No, I'm confused.

How utterly off-topic....yes, thank you, I realize the irony, **** you too.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How utterly off-topic, but yes...I did just **** myself. Well...I masturbated. Furiously.

Audioslave's new album's cover:

Bardock42
How utterly off-topic, but yes...I did just **** myself. Well...I masturbated. Furiously.

Audioslave's new album's cover:

Haha, they ****ed up their name..and they put the Album Title on the head...amateurs.

Jim Reaper
Cornell has an awesome voice... I'm glad his is still putting out tracks.

~Da Rev~
When is this coming out?

Tptmanno1
September 5th...

JohnnyDo3
Bring back Soundgarden and Rage Against the machine
Chris Cornell belongs to SG and Tom & the gang belongs to Rage

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
Bring back Soundgarden and Rage Against the machine
Chris Cornell belongs to SG and Tom & the gang belongs to Rage

Tom and the gang WERE Rage, they were the ones playing and writing the music, I think they can decide where they belong.

-AC

SnakeEyes
^ Agreed.

I'm still looking forward to the new album. I'll most likely buy it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ooooo, it's out some time this coming week, right? Oooooo...

Alpha Centauri
4th of September.

-AC

tabby999
Tom and the gang WERE Rage, they were the ones playing and writing the music, I think they can decide where they belong.

-AC

They did make the music but without Zac they're not Rage. They operate as a unit, you can't take one member away and still have Rage. If you take Maynard from Tool, would it still be Tool? "Yes, " sure the music would be just as good, their skill wouldn't change, but would it still have the same impact? No. Same with RATM

Alpha Centauri
Zack, despite being one man, did bring a huge amount of Rage's sound in his voice, but there were three other men making music with him.

Zack's sure bringing the Rage right now isn't he. I mean, despite not seeing him for going on...how many years?

-AC

tabby999
has nothing to do with it really, what he's done on his own is irrelevant to the point that RATM are only RATM as a whole unit.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by tabby999
has nothing to do with it really, what he's done on his own is irrelevant to the point that RATM are only RATM as a whole unit.

My point was concerning the idiot saying they belong in Rage. They were three fourths of Rage, so it makes no sense.

If anything, say it about Zack.

-AC

Darth Revan
In other news, guess what I have?

...the new Audioslave album.
droolio

SnakeEyes
And?!

Do we have a verdict?

Darth Revan
So far it appears to kick everyone's asses.

Alpha Centauri
I knew everyone would drop the Rage-depression sooner or later.

It's a shame it's taken three albums for people to have faith, but better late than never.

-AC

Darth Revan
I already liked Audioslave...

I was nervous because not many good bands release albums this close together. Rage never did.

I can't help but notice that Cornell seems to be breaking his promise to never get more political than "Cochise".

PandoraMomo
I adore the new album. I finally picked it up today and it blew my mind.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm after this album today...Wish me luck.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You bitches! 'Revelations' doesn't even have a Taiwan release date yet! Amazon!

Victor Von Doom
Haha.

You live in Taiwan.

Idiot.

PandoraMomo
You bitches! 'Revelations' doesn't even have a Taiwan release date yet! Amazon!
that stinks.
good luck, I hope you get it soon.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Haha.

You live in Taiwan.

Idiot.

Haha.

You live in a country with shit weather, crap food, fat girls, ridiculously priced goods, a terrible public transport system, and stupid people.

Idiot.

Alpha Centauri
Haha.

You live in a country with shit weather, crap food, fat girls, ridiculously priced goods, a terrible public transport system, and stupid people.

Idiot.

You've just realised you mean the shit weather, crap food, fat girls, ridiculously priced goods and stupid people, but not THE public transport system, which -- to be fair -- is a mixed bag.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I stand by what I said. I travelled by train a lot when I was there in July.

Victor Von Doom
Haha.

Idiot.

Nah you.

tabby999
heard a few songs at JBHIFI, didn't mind the music itself, but Chris Cornells voice dosn't sit well with me, only for about half a song or so and i've had enough.

PandoraMomo
Originally posted by tabby999
heard a few songs at JBHIFI, didn't mind the music itself, but Chris Cornells voice dosn't sit well with me, only for about half a song or so and i've had enough.
Really?
I honestly think he has an amazingly powerful voice. I rarely get tired of it, but we are all allowed our own opinions.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, man. 'Revelations'...What a great album!

The eponymous opening track is an incredible opener, but my favorite is undoubtedly 'Wide Awake'. It's such a powerful song, and the chorus could start it's own storm.

Other favorites include 'Shape Of Things To Come', 'Sound Of A Gun', 'Until We Fall', 'Jewel Of The Summertime', 'Moth'...actually, f*ck it. They're all my favorites.

Great album by a great band.

PandoraMomo
Oh, man. 'Revelations'...What a great album!

The eponymous opening track is an incredible opener, but my favorite is undoubtedly 'Wide Awake'. It's such a powerful song, and the chorus could start it's own storm.

Other favorites include 'Shape Of Things To Come', 'Sound Of A Gun', 'Until We Fall', 'Jewel Of The Summertime', 'Moth'...actually, f*ck it. They're all my favorites.

Great album by a great band.
Until we Fall and Wide awake have to be my two favorite tracks at the moment.

Victor Von Doom
They're all my favorites.

Couldn't you get that 'u' through customs?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Couldn't you get that 'u' through customs?

That, sadly, would be another example of American cultural-imperialism.

Dr. Strangelove
Nah you.

You could've always come back with the "at least we're not getting invaded by China" jab.

Victor Von Doom
I feel mine was more political.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
How about you both suck on each other's nipples, and then give us your opinions on the new Audioslave album by the name of 'Revelations'?

Victor Von Doom
Songs and that.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Your opinion was worth the wait.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.