Savage Hulk Vs. He-Man!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Let's say that while using his dark sorcery, Skeletor watches the Hulk demolish NYC while looking thru his dimensional scanner...

"I could surely use this brainless beast to help me conquer Eternia and make Castle Greyskull mine once and for all!" plots Skeletor.

Using a spell to disquise himself in the form of Rick Jones and using a dimensional portal to travel to Marvel-Earth, he tricks the Hulk into following him thru a portal back to Eternia...

"Hulk, you gotta help me...Betty is being held captive in that big green castle that looks like a skull. Only you can save her Hulk. Smash down the big gate and smash the bad bird lady in there. She's the one hurting Betty! Now hurry....!"

"Hulk smash skull-castle and bird-lady!!! Hulk will save Betty!!"

Just as Hulk is about to turn the castle draw-bridge into splinters, He-Man and Battlecat appear from behind...

"Hold it right there my green-skinned friend...no one invited you inside." replies He-Man calmly and he pulls his sword from his sheath...

"Nobody stops Hulk from saving Hulk's friend Betty...HULK SMASH BLONDEHAIR! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

.....and the battle for Eternia is on!!!!!! So, does He-Man stop the Hulk and Skeletor from taking over Castle Greyskull??

Thunderstrike
He-man throws a mountain range at him. He-man wins, by the power of Greyskull.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
He-man throws a mountain range at him. He-man wins, by the power of Greyskull.

Cool...but would this stop the Hulk? I mean, the Hulk has lifted a moutain himself back in Secret War #4....so what's to stop him from throwing that same mountain range right back at him? And especially with the Hulk thinking one of his friends is in danger, ya know the Hulk's going to be uber-mad!
Y'know it's kinda funny you mentioned the whole mountain thing...I just watched an episode of the classic He-Man cartoon yesterday called "Return of the Gryphon" where He-Man picked up a mountain and threw it...along with some other really incredible feats of strengh like cracking the ground open with one punch causing a cavern, then pulling the ground back together, and then he threw the Gryphon by the tail and threw it into outer space. (The Gryphon was an enormous, dragon-like creature with the head of a lion that can breathe fire by the way!!!)

Darth Macabre
He-Man wins.....Hulk has no speed advantage, no long attack power, and definitely no strength advantage.

It's really just a matter of He-Man BFRing Hulk, or pounding on him until the Hulk passes out.

batdude123
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Cool...but would this stop the Hulk? I mean, the Hulk has lifted a moutain himself back in Secret War #4....so what's to stop him from throwing that same mountain range right back at him? And especially with the Hulk thinking one of his friends is in danger, ya know the Hulk's going to be uber-mad!
Y'know it's kinda funny you mentioned the whole mountain thing...I just watched an episode of the classic He-Man cartoon yesterday called "Return of the Gryphon" where He-Man picked up a mountain and threw it...along with some other really incredible feats of strengh like cracking the ground open with one punch causing a cavern, then pulling the ground back together, and then he threw the Gryphon by the tail and threw it into outer space. (The Gryphon was an enormous, dragon-like creature with the head of a lion that can breathe fire by the way!!!)

Hulk didn't exactly LIFT the mountian, he supported it. That's two very different things. He-Man would take Savage Hulk to school in this fight. He wields too much power for the Hulk to win.

golem370
That wasn't Savage Hulk ether because Banner was in controll and by the way Hulk kills him.

golem370

golem370

golem370

Grammaton
He-Man's powers are too undefined. He is either performing incredible feats of power/strength or having his a$$ handed to him by seemingly much weaker opponents.
At full power however there are few who can take He-Man on - he is not invincible or God-like though. He-man wins 6/10.

golem370
So me any strength comparable to the hulks up there

olympian
He-Man doesnt need strenght to win. He has a plot device magical sword that can do heaps of things, including absorsing energy.

And unlike Thor who sometimes is stubburn to not use what he has, He-Man regularly does.

And Golem if you want comparable strenght feats, he slugged out with pc Superman, moved Eternia`s moon, and has trown stuff to the sun.

badabing
Hulk's strength feats are way above anything that I know He Man has done. Hulk takes 7/10 unless some has pics of He Man doing something which takes crazy strength.

Thunderstrike
Lifting Greyskull, throwing mountains, so forth.

badabing
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Lifting Greyskull, throwing mountains, so forth.
Thanks. I change my opinion to a 5/10 even split then. I'm assuming that this battle would be like Hulk vs Thor.

olympian
Planetary feats doesnt take alot of strenght? devil

Hulk has what? Two above?

This is akin to have a Hulk/Thor match. Problem is Thor rarely uses his plot device powers to win against the Hulk, because of pride.

He-Man otoh doesnt give a penny about pride. He often uses stuff besides his strenght.

Comicbook_kid
I can honestly say that I don't know who would win in a battle of strength, but I must say that He-Man would take this; especially with the power of Grayskull backing him...but then again, I've seen He-Man punched so hard that he reverted back into Prince Adam before...so it is possible to knock He-Man out; if the force is strong enough. If anyone could do this, Hulk surely could. I wonder if He-Man's sword can absorb his gamma energy and revert the Hulk back into Banner? Does anyone have any comments on this?

bigboygreen
Hulk beats the s*** out of he man and truns him into he woman.

Dayscribe
What's a trun?

He-man wins.

Soleran
LoL He-Man uses the Sword of Grey Skull and cuts Hulk in half.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Soleran
LoL He-Man uses the Sword of Grey Skull and cuts Hulk in half.

This brings up a good point....couldn't He-Man just cut the Hulk's head off? What would happen if He-Man went to cut Hulk's head off and almost cut his head off; like 3/4 off...how long would it take for the Hulk to heal back from such a devastating blow? And could He-Man's sword absorb the gamma energy inside the Hulk and revert him back to Banner?

Brutacus
I think we never know iff hulk could grow back a head.
In hulk the end, he did grow back a lot in 18 min.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Brutacus
I think we never know iff hulk could grow back a head.
In hulk the end, he did grow back a lot in 18 min.

I've always wanted to read that, but I can't find a copy of it anywhere....doesn't he get eaten alive by huge, flesh-eating cockroaches?

grey fox
He Man isn't 'the strongest man in the universe' for nothing.

The guy's a damn beast.

He flings hulk straight to the sun.

Brutacus
yes he was eaten by bugs, he grew back a hole body, but the skeleton was still in place with some flesh on it.

Comicbook_kid
HULK SMASH ?!?!? confused Maybe...

xmeat
hulk smash he-man come on he man isn't winning.

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
hulk smash he-man come on he man isn't winning.

Hulk

DevilGoblin
the hulk would kill he man with one finger; it is not even a fight sorry

guy222
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
the hulk would kill he man with one finger; it is not even a fight sorry

hulk smash smile

Adam_PoE
I wonder if He-Man's sword can absorb his gamma energy and revert the Hulk back into Banner? Does anyone have any comments on this?

Originally posted by olympian
He-Man doesnt need strenght to win. He has a plot device magical sword that can do heaps of things, including absorsing energy.

And Golem if you want comparable strenght feats, he slugged out with pc Superman, moved Eternia`s moon, and has trown stuff to the sun.

In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifted Castle Grayskull, but hurled it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a white hole.

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifted an entire city.

In "Stone City," He-Man moved an entire mountain range.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurled a planet into orbit.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man broke chains fashioned out of an indestructable mineral.

In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man killed the god, Serpos.

...but then again, I've seen He-Man punched so hard that he reverted back into Prince Adam before...so it is possible to knock He-Man out; if the force is strong enough. If anyone could do this, Hulk surely could.

The following is only one instance in which He-Man is reverted to Prince Adam. In "Lessons," Skeletor obtains the Ram Stone, a mystical object that when focused upon with energy, redirects the energy back at its source. When He-Man directly challenges Skeletor, the Ram Stone redirects the Power of Grayskull, reverting him to Prince Adam.

olympian
He-Man at his best can tangle with any high class brick. Flying or not.

Hes quite fast for a ground based character, skilled in open arms and weapons and has a magic plot device with him.

If he just uses his strength, its likely a tossup (or not) as long Hulk isent portrait as low. He-Man trew punches with pre crisis Superman but so did Hulk, so i think if an actual win is required he most likely uses its other advantages.

Brutacus
pff don't know anymore who would win, I want to believe that He-man is much stronger than hulk.
I just have that little cartoon from He-man from the 80's/90's in my head and euh he didn't look great there.
I know Cartoons issn't canon don't get me wrong, but every time I think of he-man I have to think of that silly cartoon.

So someone have any good scans from he-man.
So I might change my mind??

Dreampanther
He Man has too many advantages. Besides strength, he has speed and brains, plus a magical sword. I think they are pretty equal in strength: although Hulk might end up stronger, it is going to take him a long, long looooooong time to get there.

Therefore, IMO, He Man FTW

olympian
pff don't know anymore who would win, I want to believe that He-man is much stronger than hulk.
I just have that little cartoon from He-man from the 80's/90's in my head and euh he didn't look great there.
I know Cartoons issn't canon don't get me wrong, but every time I think of he-man I have to think of that silly cartoon.

So someone have any good scans from he-man.
So I might change my mind??
You dare mock one of the greatest cartoons of the 80`s?

Off with ye!

To look at his best strength feats, look no further than the post above mine for a more detailed description.

jinzin
you know as much as I like he-man I really have to call into question whether or not he can take hulk in a hand to hand fight, you see even though he's probably got a secure edge on strength, he doesn't have a healing factor like hulks, how long can he take shots from hulk before falling down? I mean skeletor's had him reeling with punches well below hulk level.. so... any thoughts?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by jinzin
you know as much as I like he-man I really have to call into question whether or not he can take hulk in a hand to hand fight, you see even though he's probably got a secure edge on strength, he doesn't have a healing factor like hulks, how long can he take shots from hulk before falling down? I mean skeletor's had him reeling with punches well below hulk level.. so... any thoughts?

The thing with He-Man is that he's like Spidey and D.D. when it comes to killing...he doesn't. Hulk on the other hand (especially if it's the savage Hulk) will try and kill He-Man and not think twice about it. The trick is for He-Man to stop the Hulk without killing him. Now, if the gloves are off and He-Man feels that he must kill Hulk to take him down and protect Eternia, then things are going to end quite differently. I believe He-Man could kill the Hulk if he put his mind to it. He-Man's no idiot and would try to fight the Hulk using his brains; and not so much his strength.

Oddly enough, I've seen the Hulk and He-Man both get knocked out before. Hulk has been knocked out when he got punched by the Man-Thing and the Glob at once. I've also seen He-Man punched so hard that he got knocked out and reverted back into Prince Adam. So, they both have the strength to knock each other out, depending on who lands the blow first. But, I don't think He-Man would try to win this fight with his strength...he has more going for him in this match than just his muscles.

LordFear
I don't understand. If Superman beats He-MAN h2h, just by trading blows not with any other powers and Superman and Hulk virtually stalemate each other, why are people saying Hulk has no chance?
He-man is not gonna cut Hulk's head off because that's not what the character is about. Hulk on the other hand thinking that Betty is being tortured in Greyskull? Yeah right, this is a matter of who wants it more and with that incentive in his mind, Savage Hulk got no problem murdering Heman a million times over to rescue Betty.

Adam_PoE
I've also seen He-Man punched so hard that he got knocked out and reverted back into Prince Adam. So, they both have the strength to knock each other out, depending on who lands the blow first.

See my previous post.

Originally posted by LordFear
I don't understand. If Superman beats He-MAN h2h, just by trading blows not with any other powers and Superman and Hulk virtually stalemate each other, why are people saying Hulk has no chance?
He-man is not gonna cut Hulk's head off because that's not what the character is about. Hulk on the other hand thinking that Betty is being tortured in Greyskull? Yeah right, this is a matter of who wants it more and with that incentive in his mind, Savage Hulk got no problem murdering Heman a million times over to rescue Betty.

First, He-Man will kill if there is no other alternative, e.g. In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man kills the god, Serpos because it is the only way to stop it.

Second, a battle between He-Man and the Hulk will not get that far. He-Man will simply use the Sword of Power to absorb the radiation from the Hulk, reverting him to Bruce Banner.

Brutacus
You dare mock one of the greatest cartoons of the 80`s?

Off with ye!

To look at his best strength feats, look no further than the post above mine for a more detailed description.

You found it one of the greatest cartoons????
Dude that jumping guy looked like he couldn't even walk straight and he was smaller than he-man, fact he looked like a midget.
These's day's that guy is a freaking giant.
What's his name Ram-man or something.
That comic was so silly.
Still wonder why I even whatched it back than, guess it was cool back than big grin

Comicbook_kid
Still wonder why I even whatched it back than, guess it was cool back than big grin

It's still pretty damn cool cool big grin

darthgoober
He Man wins.

Darksaint
Originally posted by LordFear

Only fanboys think Hulk would have a chance against Superman.

He-Man wins. Strength for strength, He-man has much more impressive feats.

Then, there's the DEUS EX MACHINA SWORD!!!!

Hulk has no chance. He-Man slugged out with PC-Superman people!!!! Happy Dance

miraclethree
Hulk easy, any time.

Estacado
Originally posted by darthgoober
He Man wins.

miraclethree
Originally posted by Darksaint
Only fanboys think Hulk would have a chance against Superman.

Then, there's the DEUS EX MACHINA SWORD!!!!

Current Hulk would beat Superman and He Man at the same time.

Estacado
Originally posted by miraclethree
Current Hulk would beat Superman and He Man at the same time.
no expression
No he wouldn't.

miraclethree

Savage Hulk stalamated Pre Crisis Supes, plus he was not even mad.

miraclethree

ok, now i understand. You have no idea what are you talking about. Hulk's strenght feats > anyone else in comics.

Estacado
Originally posted by miraclethree
ok, now i understand. You have no idea what are you talking about. Hulk's strenght feats > anyone else in comics.
What the f**k?
Do you read comics?
Besides Incredible Hulk....

RIGHTONMYSIDE
is he man limitless in strength and healing capabilities. no so hulk wins as he would get too strong and powerful for he man.easy. he man has no other aboilities other than strength so hulk is the ultimate in this area

Estacado
Do you know anything about He Man?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by RIGHTONMYSIDE
is he man limitless in strength and healing capabilities. no so hulk wins as he would get too strong and powerful for he man.easy. he man has no other aboilities other than strength so hulk is the ultimate in this area

A whole hell of a lot of people have knocked the Hulk out. Alot of people have laid him down before he could reach his strenght potential. In reality that fight in the 70s between Hulk and PC Supes was B.S. Supes was letting Hulk him over and over. He didn't start feeling it until Hulk got mad a little while later. If he wanted Supes could have laid Hulk down.

If He-Man let's the fight go on and on Hulk can win, but if he goes right after Hulk, Hulk goes down hard. Doc Sampson has knocked out Hulk B4, even though he snuck him to do it.

Symmetric Chaos
Meh. Stalemate.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Meh. Stalemate.

no

He-man wins.

But, for the record, Current Superman could take He-man and the Hulk simultaneously.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
no

He-man wins.

Skill advantage? Or does he have some magic that he can use?

darthgoober
Both. He's also got a significant speed/reflex advantage as well.

Badabing
WW Hulk has a sword now. Hulk smash, slice and dice He Man.

durjockey

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
WW Hulk has a sword now. Hulk smash, slice and dice He Man.

durjockey

And his friends are now part of his standard equpiment.

Soljer

Skill, magic, speed, and strength advantages.

Symmetric Chaos
Skill, magic, speed, and strength advantages.

Strength? Meh, in many ways that just becomes another infinity vs infinity+1 argument.

Soljer
Strength? Meh, in many ways that just becomes another infinity vs infinity+1 argument.

Except this time it has a clear winner. He-man can become as strong as he needs to be. Instantaneously.

The Hulk's strength will always increase, but He-man can always 'need to be' stronger. Besides that, He-man gets there in an instant - the Hulk has to 'build up' strength.

Also; even if you don't care about the "infinity vs. infinity plus one" argument - you still negated none of He-man's other advantages. He's more skilled, faster, and can utilize a bit of magic.

He takes the Hulk.

Symmetric Chaos
Except this time it has a clear winner. He-man can become as strong as he needs to be. Instantaneously.

The Hulk's strength will always increase, but He-man can always 'need to be' stronger. Besides that, He-man gets there in an instant - the Hulk has to 'build up' strength.

Also; even if you don't care about the "infinity vs. infinity plus one" argument - you still negated none of He-man's other advantages. He's more skilled, faster, and can utilize a bit of magic.

He takes the Hulk.

I agree. He has enough advantages to win but their strength will just end up stalemating.

Hulk gets pissed and gets stronger.
HeMan gets stronger to compensate.
Hulk realizes he's losing ground and gets pissed.
HeMan compensates.
etc
etc
etc

And Hulk can actually increase his strength very rapidly.

Soljer
I agree. He has enough advantages to win but their strength will just end up stalemating.

Hulk gets pissed and gets stronger.
HeMan gets stronger to compensate.
Hulk realizes he's losing ground and gets pissed.
HeMan compensates.
etc
etc
etc

And Hulk can actually increase his strength very rapidly.

I'm aware that the Hulk can increase his strength rapidly, and it WOULD go exactly as you said, except He-man would still ALWAYS have the advantage. Maybe a slight one, maybe not, but it would exist nonetheless.

Tank_6603
The worldbreaker wins.. endurance.

Tank_6603
one of the he-man fans already said that if you hit he-man hard enough he can revert back to the prince...

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Tank_6603
one of the he-man fans already said that if you hit he-man hard enough he can revert back to the prince...

Not true.

Adam_PoE
The following is only one instance in which He-Man is reverted to Prince Adam. In "Lessons," Skeletor obtains the Ram Stone, a mystical object that when focused upon with energy, redirects the energy back at its source. When He-Man directly challenges Skeletor, the Ram Stone redirects the Power of Grayskull, reverting him to Prince Adam.

FearOfBlood
Hulk by far. The Hulk 7-8/10.

darthgoober
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Why do you say that when the ONLY thing Hulk has going for him is his healing factor. He Man has him matched in strength/durability and beaten in speed, reflexes, skill, and has a magical plot device sword that blows Hulk out of the water in versatility. So how does Hulk manage to take 7/10?

Truth be told, this is damn near a spite thread against the Hulk.

FearOfBlood
Why do you say that when the ONLY thing Hulk has going for him is his healing factor. He Man has him matched in strength/durability and beaten in speed, reflexes, skill, and has a magical plot device sword that blows Hulk out of the water in versatility. So how does Hulk manage to take 7/10?

Hulk faced and beat stronger and more powerful beings than He Man :Thor, Gladiator, Hyperion twice, Onslaught (physical form), Galaxy Master, Silver Surfer and stalemated Pre Crisis Superman who beat He Man HTH combat.

Current Hulk is going to beat Black Bolt and maybe even Sentry.

darthgoober
Hulk faced and beat stronger and more powerful beings than He Man

Alright let's take a look...

Thor
Yeah when Thor fights like a dumbass and doesn't use his hammer to it's fullest extent. He Man uses his sword's exotic powers in combat more often than Thor, and in a forum fight without PIS he'll use them even more. What's more, unlike Thor's hammer He Man's sword is fully capable of taking Hulk's head clean off his shoulders.
, Gladiator,
You mean the biggest jobber this side of Galactus laughing out loud ? Anyway, did Glads actually USE his other abilities to try to put Hulk down(besides strength I mean), or did he mostly just try to duke it out like a dumbass?
Hyperion twice,
Again did he actually USE his other abilities to try to put Hulk down(besides strength I mean), or did he mostly just try to duke it out like a dumbass?
Onslaught (physical form),
Again did he actually USE his other abilities to try to put Hulk down(besides strength I mean), or did he mostly just try to duke it out like a dumbass?
Galaxy Master,
You mean when Hulk used Galaxy Master's own gamma blast to weaken him, and then jumped inside his mouth before overloading him with gamma radiation when the Galaxy Master was afraid to fight back for fear of damaging himself laughing ? Please be joking, cause that was anything BUT a strait up fight.
Silver Surfer
When has Hulk EVER beaten a fully powered Silver Surfer one on one?
and stalemated Pre Crisis Superman who beat He Man HTH combat.
The difference of course being that Hulks fight with PC Supes isn't cannon(meaning that 616 Hulk never pulled it off) while He Man matching Supes strength IS cannon. If you're looking to non cannon reference material, then I'd like to point out that even Batman was able to knock the breath out of the Hulk so He Man should be able to put him down without breaking a sweat. But all that aside, did Supes actually USE his other abilities to try to put Hulk down(besides strength I mean), or did he mostly just try to duke it out like a dumbass?
Which means absolutely nothing until we see how he actually pulls it off.

Anyway you still haven't given me a single reason why Hulk wins this, all you've done is rattle off a bunch of people that Hulk managed to beat via PIS. Even taking the victories you mentioned into consideration, Hulk has the potential to exceed all of those individuals in strength given enough time, but he won't be able to do that against He Man because He Man has an even more efficient form of Dynamic Strength then Hulk does, and will always be as strong(if not stronger) than Hulk is. So again I ask...

1Easta1
Heman is the Hulk with a power sword a bit of magic and a a little more then half a brain wile Hulk only has 1 10th of a brain.Hulk does have a great healing factor but I have never seen Heman bleed but I have only seen the 80's cartoon of him.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by 1Easta1
Heman is the Hulk with a power sword a bit of magic and a a little more then half a brain Half a brain? I'm pretty sure He-Man has the combined knowledge of the Elders.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Half a brain? I'm pretty sure He-Man has the combined knowledge of the Elders.

The Elders are senile though stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
Hulk faced and beat stronger and more powerful beings than He Man :Thor, Gladiator, Hyperion twice, Onslaught (physical form), Galaxy Master, Silver Surfer and stalemated Pre Crisis Superman who beat He Man HTH combat.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/nooobievader.png

Darth Macabre
The Elders are senile though stick out tongue laughing And they have Alzheimer's.

Adam_PoE

A battle between He-Man and the Hulk would not get very far. He-Man will simply use the Sword of Power to absorb the radiation from the Hulk, reverting him to Bruce Banner.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
laughing And they have Alzheimer's.

no expression You insensitive bastard . . . thats also a bit redundant which is worse.

Darth Macabre
no expression You insensitive bastard . . . thats also a bit redundant which is worse. Redundant? How so? Senility, or rather dementia, doesn't equate to Alzheimer's. But, yes, I agree, it was a tad insensitive. stick out tongue

RIGHTONMYSIDE
i love it on this site evryone takes examples of hulk winning and then cries about how it was bad writing and that the character didnt use his full capabilities. yet quote hulk getting knocked out when he too was not using the full extent of his capabilities. ie namour, snake, spidey and a cement mixer, juggie. not once did hulk escalatein strength to the point of overpowering his adverserie something that is his main bloody comic power

Symmetric Chaos
i love it on this site evryone takes examples of hulk winning and then cries about how it was bad writing and that the character didnt use his full capabilities. yet quote hulk getting knocked out when he too was not using the full extent of his capabilities. ie namour, snake, spidey and a cement mixer, juggie. not once did hulk escalatein strength to the point of overpowering his adverserie something that is his main bloody comic power

What?

RIGHTONMYSIDE
hulk is too strong for he man though theyre not in the same comic univrse so its a case of take ur pic.

Symmetric Chaos
hulk is too strong for he man though theyre not in the same comic univrse so its a case of take ur pic.

HeMan also has the power to get stronger. He gets stronger as he needs to. Due to the nature of their powers they just stalemate strengthwise.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifted Castle Grayskull, but hurled it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a white hole.

In "Stone City," He-Man moved an entire mountain range.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man broke chains fashioned out of an indestructable mineral.

In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man killed the god, Serpos.

These happened, although im not sure about the white hole's gravitational pull making the Castle Grayskull feat harder..

However these never happened:

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifted an entire city.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurled a planet into orbit.

He never lifted the city himself. Just put one of the beams back up that was supporting the city.

And the other one wasn't a planet, it was a moon, and he never touched it! Instead he hurled a load of explosives at it to send the moon back into orbit.

Nope. He also reverted back to Adam when Serpos knocked him out. That was just with Brute force.

cdtm
He-Man trew punches with pre crisis Superman but so did Hulk, so i think if an actual win is required he most likely uses its other advantages.

The crossovers actually makes Hulk look stronger, imo.

Everyone thinks of Superman just standing there tanking Hulks punches, but before that he was knocking Supes far, far away with punches. He Man's punch didn't seem to have much effect at all by comparison.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by cdtm
Everyone thinks of Superman just standing there tanking Hulks punches, but before that he was knocking Supes far, far away with punches.

Yeah Supes resorted to taking the Hulk's punches hoping it would tire him out, because he realised it was gna be difficult to actually beat the Hulk down.

But the Hulk's punches were getting more and more powerful with each punch, and the comic itself stated "the outcome of this strange duel is in doubt"

carver9
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah Supes resorted to taking the Hulk's punches hoping it would tire him out, because he realised it was gna be difficult to actually beat the Hulk down.

But the Hulk's punches were getting more and more powerful with each punch, and the comic itself stated "the outcome of this strange duel is in doubt"

And plus PC Superman himself admits that Hulk is stronger than him when Hulk hurls him out of space with just a flex of his muscle.

Then he got koed during the end of their battle by Hulk.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
And plus PC Superman himself admits that Hulk is stronger than him when Hulk hurls him out of space with just a flex of his muscle.

You know they fought two times? In PC days.

Hyperion Prime

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1c322115f702273093c76e993b5fb9d11229987145_full.jpg

Hyperion Prime
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1025333-superman_vs_hulk_super.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/1025333-superman_vs_hulk_super.jpg

You do know that was a power of Superman right? If he stood there, no object could move him but that doesn't make him stronger. That even happened when he fought DOS Doomsday... stood there and took the punches but we know the outcome of that fight.

Hyperion Prime
You do know that was a power of Superman right? If he stood there, no object could move him but that doesn't make him stronger. That even happened when he fought DOS Doomsday... stood there and took the punches but we know the outcome of that fight.

Superman > than all versions of Hulk.

carver9
Superman > than all versions of Hulk.

Thanks for YOUR opinion.

Batman-Prime

So PC Superman had the unmovable object power? Ok carver, without you I wouldn't learn anything new about comics, thank you...

SO when he activates the power he is unbeatable, what would happen if classic juggernaut with his unstopable power would run into him, hmmmmm.

superdur

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
So PC Superman had the unmovable object power? Ok carver, without you I wouldn't learn anything new about comics, thank you...

SO when he activates the power he is unbeatable, what would happen if classic juggernaut with his unstopable power would run into him, hmmmmm.

superdur

An explosion of unproportional levels. You do know Superman stated in that same scan that if he doesn't want to be moved, no object is moving him and he did that on a couple of occassions.

It was a lame ability so they took it away.

Hyperion Prime

superdur

That was his strength making him unmovable not some power. Carver is talking out of his ass cool

DARTH POWER
Carvers right. Superman had that ability.. And he used it as a strategy to "hopefully" tire the Hulk out.

Superman's copycat Gladiator also had the ability(at one time at least) and planned to brace himself against Thor, but it didn't work. Presumably because Thor's Hammer is magical.

Think about it if Supes was like 10 times stronger than Hulk then why didnt he just knock him, and put him down? Because it obviously wasn't that easy.

Also post the next scan of that comic. It states Hulk's punches get stronger and stronger with each hit, and that the outcome of this duel is in doubt. Dnt have a go at me, im just saying what the comic said.

iceman24567
Lol at carver

carver9
Carvers right. Superman had that ability.. And he used it as a strategy to "hopefully" tire the Hulk out.

Superman's copycat Gladiator also had the ability(at one time at least) and planned to brace himself against Thor, but it didn't work. Presumably because Thor's Hammer is magical.

Think about it is Supes was like 10 times stronger than Hulk then why didnt he just knock him, and put him down? Because it obviously wasn't that easy.

Also post the next scan of that comic. It states Hulk's punches get stronger and stronger with each hit, and that the outcome of this duel is in doubt. Dnt have a go at me, im just saying what the comic said.

Gladiator did it 3 times... against Thor, Nova, and Colossus.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lol at carver

I looove you to Iceman.

Hyperion Prime
that easy.

He was getting stronger because he was getting angrier. If superman had the power to not be moved then it would not have mattered how strong the Hulk was getting. He still would not have been able to be moved sort of like the Juggernaut.

Superman was just that much stronger and the Hulk was getting angry/strong enough that now Superman was feeling the blows.

iceman24567
The whole unmoveable nonsense is hyperbole no expression

DARTH POWER

Superman was just that much stronger and the Hulk was getting angry/strong enough that now Superman was feeling the blows.

Ok. But if he was just that much stronger, why not just put him down. From what I understood reading that comic, is that he tried putting him down before, but it didnt work.

I think the reason the comic says the outcome of this duel is in doubt, is because how long can that go on for?? Hulk getting stronger and stronger, punches getting harder and harder, while Supes is just standing there being unmovable??

Hyperion Prime
Ok. But if he was just that much stronger, why not just put him down. From what I understood reading that comic, is that he tried putting him down before, but it didnt work.

I think the reason the comic says the outcome of this duel is in doubt, is because how long can that go on for?? Hulk getting stronger and stronger, punches getting harder and harder, while Supes is just standing there being unmovable??

Who knows maybe Supes was playing with him wink

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by iceman24567
The whole unmoveable nonsense is hyperbole no expression

I know or rather it was a way of showing how much supermans strength is > Hulks.

carver9
Who knows maybe Supes was playing with him wink

Hhhmmm so Pre Crisis Superman saying that Hulk is stronger, also allowed himself to get tossed out of Orbit and also allowed himself to get temporarily one shotted.

I think you got a point. Good posting.

Hyperion Prime
Hhhmmm so Pre Crisis Superman saying that Hulk is stronger, also allowed himself to get tossed out of Orbit and also allowed himself to get temporarily one shotted.

I think you got a point. Good posting.

Hey a picture is worth a thousand words. Hulk was standing there like he was beating on an Adamantium wall. Superman always says such and such is so strong or that he just barely beat so and so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Hey a picture is worth a thousand words. Hulk was standing there like he was beating on an Adamantium wall. Superman always says such and such is so strong or that he just barely beat so and so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So when he got over powered and tossed out of orbit, he was playing huh? What about when Hulk oneshotted his a** koing him... was he playing around then?

Let me know with that outstanding debating skills you have.

Batman-Prime
So when he got over powered and tossed out of orbit, he was playing huh? What about when Hulk oneshotted his a** koing him... was he playing around then?

Let me know with that outstanding debating skills you have.

Post the scans.

carver9
Post the scans.

I don't have the scans but youtube "Hulk vs Precrisis Superman". The entire comic will come up for you.

Rage.Of.Olympus

facepalm

Gladiator did it 3 times... against Thor, Nova, and Colossus.

Gladiator tried the tactic against Thor but it failed because Thor was -by Gladiator's own admission- as strong as him. Not because Mjolnir is magical.

Hyperion Prime
I don't have the scans but youtube "Hulk vs Precrisis Superman". The entire comic will come up for you.

You could at least post a link or something sad

Batman-Prime

I have the comic...

You know carver, you are wrong on so many instances, that's why i wanted you to post the scans...

PC Supes and Hulk fought two times.

The fight where Superman took Hulks punches, supes was shown as Hulks superior and he wasn't hit into the orbit or koed.

I don't have the second fight anymore, (just Batman vs Hulk and yeah, the Batkick and ko gas owned the Hulk wink) but IIRC Superman was hit into the orbit. The second fight was made to calm the rage of the Hulk fans after the first fight wink.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is the second fight the one where Hulk shrugs Clark off into orbit? The one that came out in the late 90's and was written by Stern? It had art similar to the Pre-Crisis era but it was clearly inspired by the early and much weaker Post Crisis Byrne era Superman. Just look at the portrayals of Lois, Lex etc. Hulk fans are deluding themselves if they think that was Pre-Crisis Superman.

Hell, the first fight was published in 1980 which is pretty damn late in the Pre-Crisis era and when he was being toned down.

psycho gundam
did better than thor did vin

zeel
hulk dies.

carver9
I have the comic...

You know carver, you are wrong on so many instances, that's why i wanted you to post the scans...

PC Supes and Hulk fought two times.

The fight where Superman took Hulks punches, supes was shown as Hulks superior and he wasn't hit into the orbit or koed.

I don't have the second fight anymore, (just Batman vs Hulk and yeah, the Batkick and ko gas owned the Hulk wink) but IIRC Superman was hit into the orbit. The second fight was made to calm the rage of the Hulk fans after the first fight wink.

The second fight was when Hulk threw him out of Orbit (like Rage said). The first fight was when Hulk punch koed Supes and went on to destroy the city while spiderman was there. Supes then wakes up and fly to the rescue.

Batman-Prime
The second fight was when Hulk threw him out of Orbit (like Rage said). The first fight was when Hulk punch koed Supes and went on to destroy the city while spiderman was there. Supes then wakes up and fly to the rescue.

You are talking out of your ass Carver, sorry to be rude. But get your facts right. Superman though he koed the Hulk, who played dead and suckerpunched Superman miles away, Superman wasn't koed, more bfr and stunned, when he came back he showed the Hulk that he is physically superior to him. He was just annoyed... Jesus, the second fight was a much better showing for the Hulk btw...

I mean, sure you can show me Superman ko on the ground (not crashing) or waking up,maybe my comic is missing some pages dur

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is the second fight the one where Hulk shrugs Clark off into orbit? The one that came out in the late 90's and was written by Stern? It had art similar to the Pre-Crisis era but it was clearly inspired by the early and much weaker Post Crisis Byrne era Superman. Just look at the portrayals of Lois, Lex etc. Hulk fans are deluding themselves if they think that was Pre-Crisis Superman.

Hell, the first fight was published in 1980 which is pretty damn late in the Pre-Crisis era and when he was being toned down.

The comic cost about six dollars. No way was it pre crisis.

And it was the only actual "Superman vs Hulk" title, too, because the pre crisis fight happened in Superman vs Spiderman 2 (Where Spidey and Supes never actually fight. O_o )

Batman-Prime
The comic cost about six dollars. No way was it pre crisis.

And it was the only actual "Superman vs Hulk" title, too, because the pre crisis fight happened in Superman vs Spiderman 2 (Where Spidey and Supes never actually fight. O_o )

http://www.samruby.com/Series/DC/Large/SupermanAndSpider-Man.jpg

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/Pictures/Hulk_Superman.jpg

cdtm
I stand corrected about there being "Vs" in the Superman/Spiderman comic.

But yeah, at 5.99, it'd have to be well after the comic book boom where they gouged all of us fans...

Batman-Prime
I stand corrected about there being "Vs" in the Superman/Spiderman comic.

But yeah, at 5.99, it'd have to be well after the comic book boom where they gouged all of us fans...

Yes the Superman and Spiderman (with the first Hulk fight) comic was the tie-in of the previous Superman vs Spiderman comic. The Hulk vs Superman comic appeared after the DC vs Marvel series.

DARTH POWER

Gladiator tried the tactic against Thor but it failed because Thor was -by Gladiator's own admission- as strong as him. Not because Mjolnir is magical.

All we know for sure is it did not work on Thor when Thor hit Glads with Mjolnir, not with his fists.

Or are you suggesting that Thor is Hulk's physical superior by a significant amount?

We know that Glads was Supes copycat and on a very similar power level.

Well we were told in that Comic Supes could move planets, so that should give us an idea of his power level. But yeah for it to be a fight it could not have been Pre-Crisis Supes in his prime.

Rage.Of.Olympus
All we know for sure is it did not work on Thor when Thor hit Glads with Mjolnir, not with his fists.

Or are you suggesting that Thor is Hulk's physical superior by a significant amount?

We know that Glads was Supes copycat and on a very similar power level.

Yes and we know why it didn't work. Because Thor is without a doubt Gladiator's physical rival in strength.

What? How did you come to that conclusion? If Gladiator tried to no sell a punch from Hulk similar to Pre-Crisis Superman, he'd get floored. Gladiator may have been based off of that Superman, but he's nowhere near that level in terms of power. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Neither Gladiator nor current Superman are capable of no selling a punch from Wonder Woman much less Thor or the Hulk.

Well we were told in that Comic Supes could move planets, so that should give us an idea of his power level. But yeah for it to be a fight it could not have been Pre-Crisis Supes in his prime.

He was still capable of operating on a planetary level but he was definitely watered down compared to the Silver Age era.

DARTH POWER
tbh im not even sure why im arguing here. Its obvious 80's Hulk was no match for Silver Age Supes.

I think I was just pointing out that the comic (spiderman/superman one) said "the outcome of this strange duel is in doubt" but I dnt really accept crossovers as canon anyway. They're mostly bull.. Wolverine beating Lobo, Storm beating Wonder Woman and Venom beating Superman comes to mind.

Batman-Prime
tbh im not even sure why im arguing here. Its obvious 80's Hulk was no match for Silver Age Supes.

I think I was just pointing out that the comic (spiderman/superman one) said "the outcome of this strange duel is in doubt" but I dnt really accept crossovers as canon anyway. They're mostly bull.. Wolverine beating Lobo, Storm beating Wonder Woman and Venom beating Superman comes to mind.

The outcome of this strange duel could be that Superman would eventually feel a blow from the Hulk and be moved by it, before the Hulk would exhaust himself. Which in turn would mean that Supes has to take the fight serious and beat the shit out of the Hulk.

carver9
The outcome of this strange duel could be that Superman would eventually feel a blow from the Hulk and be moved by it, before the Hulk would exhaust himself. Which in turn would mean that Supes has to take the fight serious and beat the shit out of the Hulk.

Wrong.

He already had that opportunity and failed.

DARTH POWER
before the Hulk would exhaust himself.

This wouldn't happen. Hulk doesn't exhaust himself from fighting. Only gets stronger.

So neway was the He-Man vs Supes fight definetely Pre-Crisis Supes?

Batman-Prime
Wrong.

He already had that opportunity and failed.

Wrong. He didn't want to hurt the Hulk. He found a way to defeat the Hulk without hurting him. That's what Superman does, you know.

Anyway. Maybe you should download the comic and read it, honestly, you don't know what you are talking about.

Batman-Prime
This wouldn't happen. Hulk doesn't exhaust himself from fighting. Only gets stronger.

So neway was the He-Man vs Supes fight definetely Pre-Crisis Supes?

Maybe but anyway, that's why I said "till he would feel his blows" and there Superman would end the fight, hurting the Hulk. Though good for the Hulk, he found a nice way to stop his rampage...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.