New Chili Peppers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Yep...

Alpha Centauri
One of my more anticipated albums this year.

-AC

Lana
I sort of got that impression from your sig stick out tongue

I'm definitely looking forward to it myself.

Tptmanno1
Should sound good
They've been playing ths single on KROQ and its pretty sweet.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love the mofo Chillis. However, I'm one of those cats who didn't think too much of 'By The Way' (apart from the odd song), so I'm hoping it'll be a return to form.

I take it the name is 'Stadium Arcadium', then...

Edit: I just found this on Amazon:

Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers calls the band’s first new album in four years, Stadium Arcadium, the most-anticipated album of the spring, "the best thing that we’ve ever done…. There’s this weird kind of sublime, subliminal undercurrent that is suggestive, in a spirited way, of our earliest records."

Sounds f*cking cool to me.

Imaginary
Definitely looking forward to this thumb up

Revernd Maynard
When does it come out?

Alpha Centauri
May 8th here. May 9th US.

-AC

Etrigan
Aw, can't wait. I hope it's more like Californication and One Hot Minute... they were my favourite of their albums.

dani_california
I heart it so much smile

But the guitar's so different from Cali-cation, it sounds a lot like John's solo stuff, its still awesome though

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
May 8th here. May 9th US.

-AC Thats going to be an insane first 10 days of may for new CD's w00t

Tptmanno1
no kidding.
Commemce money saving.

KMC
Liking the new song- dani california- the video is pretty sound too.

mysterio69
Originally posted by Etrigan
Aw, can't wait. I hope it's more like Californication and One Hot Minute... they were my favourite of their albums.
i've never heard anyone say that. forgetting BSSM?

Victor Von Doom
I reckon it'll be good, but nothing amazing. Never are.

Imaginary
Originally posted by mysterio69

Mmm I agree. I personally didn't like OHM that much... BSSM is definitely my favourite.

stunna1773
i love the new single

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm dig-dig-diggin' their new single, 'Dani California'. I hope it's a good precursor to a great album.

papabeard
Im interested in hearing the album, but the single Dani California is very poor, plodding and boring.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Yeah, you should probably get your opinion-forming machine checked by a doctor of asininity. He'd probably be able to prescribe you with something...

The chorus rocks and rolls.

papabeard
The song is derivative, uninspired and indeed asinine.

Also I object to Kiedis' plebeian rhyming.

If this is what passes for rock and roll these days, we are in trouble.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Mišt
Just heard it today, kicks ass, cant wait for albumraver

Emma718
me neither, should be good...

*fly away on my zephyr* lol

Alpha Centauri
Papabeard, if you still expect Chili Peppers to become Radiohead and start making vastly different albums then you don't know them at all.

They stick to what they know best.

-AC

Maya Zurak
Looking foward (!!!) LOVE 'eM!!!

papabeard

Alpha Centauri
What's hard to grasp? No justification needed. It's their music, they can do whatever they want with it.

They've been around for nearly two decades, so if you're still expecting them to go forward and be ultra versatile when that was never their game anyway, then you clearly do not know them.

If they sounded like any other band, then continuing that style would be dumb. They don't, though.

-AC

papabeard
This is the place where all the devils plead their case to take from you what they need.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by papabeard
Im not "knocking" the working class, I am the working class.

Plebeian also means unrefined or coarse in nature or manner.

I am aware of its meaning(s), but you seem to be unaware of Frusciante and Kiedis' refinement. To appropriate your classification would be to negate your actual opinion; the Chillis have been refining their style for a good 20 years. I've yet to hear the new album, but media reports suggest it's a pinnacle.

Etrigan
Originally posted by mysterio69

BSSM was very good, but I just really like the other two I mentioned before.

Red Superfly
There's a bunch of albums I'm really excited about.

RHCP, Tool, Raconteurs, Pearl Jam and today I just got Wolfmother.

Alpha Centauri
I think Broken Boy Soldiers (The Raconteurs) is going to be really good. Got a good feeling.

Then again, it's Jack White.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Got a good feeling.

Then again, it's Jack White.

Alpha Centauri
Actually don't know why you insist on being disturbing.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
...Says the guy who's gone public about his 'good feeling'.

papabeard
I like to rhyme, all of the time.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That guitar solo at the end of 'Dani California' has just melted half my face off.

Victor Von Doom
Be honest.

Has it?

Imaginary
Uh... I just heard Dani California for the first time on the radio today, and I hope that the rest of the album is better because it didn't seem too good messed

Alpha Centauri
I don't get that.

A band releases the first single and people who don't like it sink into some kind of "Oh god, I hope the other many songs are better than the first single."

I don't think I own an album where the single has been my favourite by the end.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Be honest.

Has it?

No, you're right. I totally made that up.

Thanks for making me look like a fool, Doom. Thanks.

Imaginary
I don't get that.

A band releases the first single and people who don't like it sink into some kind of "Oh god, I hope the other many songs are better than the first single."

I don't think I own an album where the single has been my favourite by the end.

-AC

I don't know what this album is like. The only evidence I have as to what Stadium Arcadium is going to be like is the first single. So if I don't particularly like it, isn't it normal to hope that the rest will be better?

Alpha Centauri
Not in such a dire way.

If you know anything of reliable bands, they don't use their best material as a single 9 times out of 10.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
In regards to the Chilis, it is pertinent to note that the first singles off their last two albums were 'Scar Tissue'/'Around The World' (Californication) and 'By The Way' (By The Way). With the exception of the excellent 'Scar Tissue', there were many better songs on both of those albums. Anyway, I think 'Dani California' is rockin'. That guitar solo at the end of it melted half...oh, wait...Yeah, that's a good guitar solo at the end there. (Is that OK, Doom?)

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
In regards to the Chilis, it is pertinent to note that the first singles off their last two albums were 'Scar Tissue'/'Around The World' (Californication) and 'By The Way' (By The Way). With the exception of the excellent 'Scar Tissue', there were many better songs on both of those albums. Anyway, I think 'Dani California' is rockin'. That guitar solo at the end of it melted half...oh, wait...Yeah, that's a good guitar solo at the end there. (Is that OK, Doom?)

You could still say it, but say 'literally' so we know it didn't actually happen.

Bierbommetje
Didn't like the single too much

The video rocks though

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You could still say it, but say 'literally' so we know it didn't actually happen.

I'm with the dudes who think that using the word 'literally' in a figurative sense makes a great case for incoherency. Oh, wait. I think that's what your saying, too. Wait...Uhhh...Hmmm...Dunno.

"That guitar solo at the end of 'Dani California' just melted half my face off. Don't be alarmed. I still have my whole beautiful face intact. I just mean that the guitar solo is really good. I'm speaking figuratively, do you understand? I hope you do. Anyway, it's a great solo. You should listen to it. The End."

Would that work?

Imaginary
Not in such a dire way.

If you know anything of reliable bands, they don't use their best material as a single 9 times out of 10.

-AC

I was not being dire. Dire is

"OH MY GOD THE NEW SINGLE SUCKS, I'M NOT BUYING THE ALBUM BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO SUCK TOO!"

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm with the dudes who think that using the word 'literally' in a figurative sense makes a great case for incoherency. Oh, wait. I think that's what your saying, too. Wait...Uhhh...Hmmm...Dunno.

"That guitar solo at the end of 'Dani California' just melted half my face off. Don't be alarmed. I still have my whole beautiful face intact. I just mean that the guitar solo is really good. I'm speaking figuratively, do you understand? I hope you do. Anyway, it's a great solo. You should listen to it. The End."

Would that work?

Yeah.

(Squared).

faille
About 4 years ago when i found out about RHCP i fell in love with tehre music. Its so different, so soft, so... real. I dont know but i love them and i have there greatest hits album. i also anticipate its release!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So, after mistakenly going to my closest record store on Monday in anticipation of getting the Chili's new album, I finally got a copy of it today! Which is not weird seeing as today is the actual release date! Yag! Toot! Grakumo!

Anyway, I've only had the time to listen to the 'Jupiter' side so far, but alls great sofa. I immediately like 'Snow (Hey Oh)', 'Slow Cheetah', 'Especially in Michigan', 'Wet Sand', and 'Hey'.

I'll get back to you people when I've had time to digest the whole thing.

Oh, and it's called 'Stadium Arcadium', if you didn't know...

http://www.musicalnews.com/img_art/5052006112945.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Great album so far. I'm not doing both discs at once because I fear I'll get a bit sick of it.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
I'm hoping on buying it sometime next week, i'm a little tapped out on account of the tattoo costing 50 dollars more than expected

I cant wait for the tour, because i live in Anthony Keidis'(sp??!) home town (Grand Rapids, MI), and his mom is still living here, i think. So its always a special show when he comes back here

Flying High
i heard it...i like it...i'll watch them at t in the park stick out tongue

daTROOF
I don't like any of their shit after Blood Sugar Sex Magik.. but I'm hearing good things about this new album. Imma illegally download it.

RedAlertv2
Damn you're such a badass

daTROOF
I don't play no games.. str8 file sharing wit no remorse.

Alpha Centauri
May a plague of locusts feast upon your wealth and possessions *Thumbs up*.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by daTROOF
I don't play no games.. str8 file sharing wit no remorse.

The world's last rebel without remorse?

Yes, there will be word-play.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by daTROOF
I don't play no games.. str8 file sharing wit no remorse. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
May a plague of locusts feast upon your wealth and possessions *Thumbs up*.

-AC lol well put, my friend.. Well put

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Over the past week, I've had more than a few listens to 'Stadium Arcadium'. My overall impression is that it's a great album. The Chilis don't attempt to try anything totally new, but rather the album can be viewed as an amalgamation of all their albums that have gone before; it's a tribute to the process of refinement.

It's a double CD, and the amount of great tracks is ridiculous: Dani California, Snow, Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, Slow Cheetah, Especially In Michigan, Wet Sand, Hey, Tell Me Baby, Hard To Concentrate, She Looks To Me, If, Made You Feel Better, Animal Bar, So Much I, Storm In A Teacup, Turn It Again, and Death Of A Martian are all fantastic. That's not to say the ones I haven't mentioned aren't good either...

Anyway, yeah...It's a great thing.

Alpha Centauri
They could have shaved the length though I think.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Looking at the song list on 'Jupiter', there are maybe three songs that are only OK: Warlock, C'mon Girl, and Torture Me. On 'Mars', it's even more difficult as I think that disc is incredibly strong.

What are your favorite tracks?

Alpha Centauri
Hard to Concentrate, Especially in Michigan, Death of a Martian.

It's probably a grower, I still think they could have shaved the length.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I love the rolling guitar sound in 'Especially in Michigan', its got a great evocation of movement. 'Hard to Concentrate' is such a sweet song, that manages to stay far away from mawkishness. It's a great track. As for 'Death of a Martian', I love the ending to it, when it becomes a narration accompanied by rock.

Apart from the ones you mention, I love 'Snow', 'Charlie' and 'Slow Cheetah'. Actually, I love pretty much the whole album. It's been getting constant play since I got it.

tabby999
i bought the album the other day, its a fine record in every respect really, i love that (i'm gonna call him John F. because i can't remember the spelling on his name) John F has stopped playing within himself, stamping his mark on nearly every damn track. and really has flea ever been anything other than a freak of a bass player?

Phat J
john frusciante

tabby999
thank you. and i do agree with AC, if they'd trimmed this down to one cd they'd have blown everyone away but even with both cds, its still a fine recording

Tptmanno1
I don't know.
I seem to enjoy pretty much everything...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by tabby999
if they'd trimmed this down to one cd they'd have blown everyone away but even with both cds, its still a fine recording

I think you're missing the album's concept regarding a double offering by the names 'Mars' and 'Jupiter'...

At a push, there are only 2 or 3 mediocre songs of b*ches.

SnakeEyes
I got this album for my birthday recently, I am loving it so far. It's really amazing.

Because I can
Originally posted by Phat J
john frusciante

I LOVE John F big grin
I love it big grin its a really good album... lyrics are meaningful (not that they werent before, but their not as... harsh)
All i want is for you to be happy, take this moment and make you my family.. finally you have found...

luv*kiedis
their new albums GREAT!!!
Its gt heapz of bass wich is wikd
i luv lisenin ta Flea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.