Gabriel Summers/Deadly genesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletPheonix
SPOILERS OMG Vulcan is so freakin' kewl. I mean he is above omega. But thats probably only because he some how absorbed his team mates powers but w/e.

AND WTF IS WITH XAIVER NOT BEING A MUTANT

THE THIRD SUMMERS BRO IS NOW OFFICAIL MY FAVE CHARACTER

Dr.Variant
Havok all the ****in' way

thundercracker
Originally posted by ScarletPheonix
SPOILERS OMG Vulcan is so freakin' kewl. I mean he is above omega. But thats probably only because he some how absorbed his team mates powers but w/e.

AND WTF IS WITH XAIVER NOT BEING A MUTANT

THE THIRD SUMMERS BRO IS NOW OFFICAIL MY FAVE CHARACTER

what? xaivers not a mutant ? wtf? could someone fill me in here?

willRules
Originally posted by thundercracker
what? xaivers not a mutant ? wtf? could someone fill me in here?

No sad Not xavier, he ws one of my favourites sad

wannabe
Why Charly???!!! Oh why???!!! cry

ScarletPheonix
ok i told u guys there would be spoilers. In xmen deadly genesis #5 charly reveals that he is not a mutant and that the time controling,energy manipulating, geomorph known as Vulcan is indeed scott and alexs long lost brother gabriel. I will tell u more when the final issue to that series comes out.......p.s. WHEN DOES IT COME OUT. I HAVE SEARCHED THE ITERNET AND I STILL CANT FIND OUT WHEN

eternitygoddess
What do you mean Charles Xavier isn't a mutant? How the hell is he the most powerful telepath then?

nathan summers
From what I've seen of Deadly Genesis, I'm not impressed. With Vulcan, least of all. Marvel should have stayed with the concept of Adam X being the third Summers brother. They made hints to it so many times and the character could have been redeveloped and retooled instead of thrown into limbo.

Dr.Variant
it comes out either early may or late april. deadly gen is monthly

bitca730
Cyclops is my favorite brother...1st X-Man...Xavier Institute Headmaster...Field Leader...nabbed Emma Frost...made wearing glasses cool...

H. S. 6
How the hell is Xavier not a mutant? blink

Blair Wind
whoa how does that work? what the hell is Xavier then?!

eternitygoddess
This is what I don't like about longgg running comics. There's so much complicated storylines. Heck I could make there be 1 Summers sister as well and 2 other brothers!

ScarletPheonix
I dont know why they did it im just looking for ur imput on gabreil( vulcan) so can we drop the whole xaiver topic

Darth Jello
what about x-treme/Adam X?

thundercracker
Originally posted by ScarletPheonix
I dont know why they did it im just looking for ur imput on gabreil( vulcan) so can we drop the whole xaiver topic

but its xaiver him not being a mutant is just stupid

Darth Jello
dammit, is anyone else confused/pissed off about adam x now?
For those who don't know, Adam X/X-Treme was meant to be the real third summers brother waaay back when it was first hinted at in the aftermath of x-cutioner's song in an issue where sinister warned scott and his "brothers" about the legacy virus. Around that time, X-Treme showed up seemingly from space and sporting some very creepy powers.
It was later revealed that he is the son of D'Ken and a human woman, which can only be Katherine Summers. His powers are enhanced agility due to his shi'ar physic and the ability to ignite a person's blood. He basically uses knives and swords to cut people and then burns them inside out.

wannabe
Negating Xavier's status as a mutant is an unequaled ATROCITY!!! mad

Vulcan is simply stupid...another super-hyper-uber-powerful character out of nowhere to shock the marvel community...yaaaaaawwwwwn yawn
Authors are clearly running out of ideas!

Tallis
Wait was'nt Gambit the third summers brother???

Darth Jello
Nope, X-treme

yer
idk if i believe the xavier not a telepath thing anymore because if he lost his powers wouldnt it make sense that all of the mind blocks he put on people would no longer be there?

Darth Jello
that may explain wolverine...

wannabe
Originally posted by yer
idk if i believe the xavier not a telepath thing anymore because if he lost his powers wouldnt it make sense that all of the mind blocks he put on people would no longer be there? Why? huh Blocks are meant to be permanent (unless someone breaks them, of course).
Your assumption would imply, that all the blocks he put on people were constantly sustained by Charles when he was still a mutant. I highly doubt that.
When a telekinetic changes something with his powers, it does not change back just because he looses his abilities some time later. When Mastermind manipulated Sentry's mind, it did not revert back to it's former state just because Mastermind died. Same goes for the effects of almost every other power whose duration is not explicitly stated as "sustained".

botcherby
Yo don't worry about the overpowered Vulcan, once hes taken down, he'll revert to a Havok power level of crappiness. Just like every other villain in the Xmen universe.

its all about the 1st, the best, the ruby quartz wearing... CYCLOPS!!!!

J-Unit
Its Bullshit Man Vulcan Would Take Havok And Cyclops Down Without Hesitation and Is Far More Powerful Than A Guy With Two Sun Eyeglobs hahahah lol....I Am Very Thankful For Marvel Creating Vulcan

Darth Jello
Meh, i guess it's only fair to say that there's three summers borthers and one half brother.

FieryBalrog
Guys chill out, Xavier is not a mutant anymore only because of House of M, he got depowered, the X-gene got turned off totally.

bitca730
I mean duh...why else would people assume different...if Mags lost his powers due to Wanda, then it makes since for Xavier to just as easily lose his....

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Tallis
Wait was'nt Gambit the third summers brother???

He's a clone of Scott in the end.

Darth Jello
k, so Gabriel, Alex, and Scott are brothers
X-Treme is a half brother
and Gambit is a partial clone in a probable future.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Darth Jello
k, so Gabriel, Alex, and Scott are brothers
X-Treme is a half brother
and Gambit is a partial clone in a probable future.

Pretty much says it all....Although Adam X hasn't truly been stated as being a half brother....But can't say it's not implied....It'll probably never be stated, because that guy always gets the short end of the stick.

Darth Jello
He is a half brother. There was no other human woman in the shi'ar empire other than katherine Summers.

Darth Macabre
He is a half brother. There was no other human woman in the shi'ar empire other than katherine Summers.

Yeah, I know that....But "technically" he's not yet....It hasn't been stated in cannon.

"Adam" Scott says, staring at the man in the eyes. "You are my brother."

"Half brother." Alex butted in.

Adam raised an eyebrow. "I know that."

Yeah....that scene hasn't happened yet...And until it does, it's only implied that he's their brother.

Darth Jello
it's never gonna happen cause writers think readers are stupid. You can't have a character named x-treme in the books and at the same time have a comic book callex x-treme x-men not featuring the character. PEOPLE WILL GET CONFUSED AND RIOT AND SUE FOR FALLS ADVERTISING!!!!

Darth Macabre
it's never gonna happen cause writers think readers are stupid. You can't have a character named x-treme in the books and at the same time have a comic book callex x-treme x-men not featuring the character. PEOPLE WILL GET CONFUSED AND RIOT AND SUE FOR FALLS ADVERTISING!!!!

lol....Idiots.

Can't they (as a last result) rename him to like Adam N the N-tense, or something? I mean come on, he's an amazing character.

archangel07
you mean "false" advertising.

Vulcan is pretty cool. I can't wait for the "Rise and Fall of the Shiar" arc.

nathan summers
People act like Gabriel Summers is the end all be all when it comes to mutants. Considering that none of his feats match those of Rachel w/ Phoenix Force, X-Man or Cable..he's not that impressive. Everything he's done -- they've done before and on a higher level. This is just as bad a concept as Nightcrawler's origins. I hope they retcon him and just use Adam X as previously intended.

Darth Jello
the problem with x-treme is lack of originality. He's basically the male typhoid mary with less power.

ExodusCloak
Wanda negated Xaviers powers to show him what's it truly feels like to be a cripple.(Sorry for the lack of PC)
X-treme has to be the worst out the four/five.
I actually like Vulcan, I prefer him over Havok and Scott.

rougeredmage
well i liked the idea that Gambit was the third summers brother..

and Vulcan is not that powerfull.. infact to me he seemed to be a bit of a weaklin to me. he only survived by leaching power from Darwin. and now he has lost that power he is just nothing. just a pyrokenetic vertion of scott and Alex. hell he is so weak i am pretty sure i saw havoks powers hurting him

nathan summers
the problem with x-treme is lack of originality. He's basically the male typhoid mary with less power.

And Vulcan screams originality?

ExodusCloak
Well it is the first time I've come across a mutant who can manipulate all energy.
I never though he really fit the role of 3rd summers brother. He just didn't do it for me, the whole image thing. Vulcan IMO looks the part.

Darth Jello
technically, magneto can manipulate the entire EM spectrum. Magnetism is just his forte.

ExodusCloak
Yes he can but there is more to energy then just the EM Spectrum.

Darth Jello
no there isn't. photons are packets of energy.

ExodusCloak
Photons are packets of energy at certain frequencies(Depending on what type of Energy it is), Magneto is limited to certain frequencies. Gabriel apparently isn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.