Thor & Beta Ray Bill vs. Black Adam & Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Thor and Beta

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a0/THOR082.jpg/250px-THOR082.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c5/NewBRB.png/250px-NewBRB.png

Adam and Shazam

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/Blackadambw.png/150px-Blackadambw.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Cap.Marvel_DC.jpg/250px-Cap.Marvel_DC.jpg

CaptainStoic
I have to root for team Thor... Beta Ray Bill can really get down when he pissed (StormBreaker# 3), and Thor... when he goes into beserk mode watch out.

bats2jm
who the heck is black adam

batdude123
Originally posted by bats2jm
who the heck is black adam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Adam

cajun2de
one god n one with god like powers battles two mortals with portions of various god powers....

thor n his adopted bro takes them out

GODSCRIBE
bump..

JohnR
I think Thor and BRB take it.

Thunderstrike
Yeah. Though Black Adam is a badass, Thor and Beta Ray are beyond their power. These two could wreck galaxies for fun if they wanted too. Stormbreaker proved that.

Psyquis52
Thor and Beta Ray win.

badabing
Cap and BA have the strength and power to match up with Thor and BRB. They have a definite speed advantage also. IMO, Cap and BA take this.

Thunderstrike
Beta Ray and Thor can move multiples of lightspeed when they fly. They can also teleport, and whip up mystical storms of lightning. They have too much versatility for BA and Captain Marvel to beat them.

Validus
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Yeah. Though Black Adam is a badass, Thor and Beta Ray are beyond their power. These two could wreck galaxies for fun if they wanted too. Stormbreaker proved that.
Neither of them could wreck a galaxy much less galaxies. They still beat Billy and Teth though.

Thunderstrike
How could they not? I'm guessing you haven't read Stormbreaker. The outforce of the Uru hammers that Thor and Beta Ray Bill posess are enough to destroy planets with ease. I'm talking whole planets. Blown to hell. Also, there's dozens more things that those hammers of theirs can do, and they also have a strength advantage. Black Adam and Captain Marvel are dead.

Validus
The difference between destroying a planet and a destroying a whole damn galaxy is too big to put into words. An earth sized planet is literally a pebble in comparison.

Bill never destroyed a planet under his own raw power in Stormbreaker. The first planet destroyed is due to Bill's hammer AND he and Stardust colliding with it at FTL speed. Their combined mass moving at that speed would have been incredible. Another planet was destroyed by Stardust diving through the core so if anyone deserves credit, it's Stardust.

Thunderstrike
Thor had done it about 20 years before Bill.

Validus
Maybe so but that still doesn't put them even close to galaxy destroying levels.

soujaboy09
Thor, and Beta Ray win this

roughrider
Very good tag team match, between four of my favourites.
Maybe a little more personal speed on the Shazam side, a little more versatility with the Hammer duo...

I'll say Thor and Beta Ray Bill more often than not, but Billy and Teth will make it hard for them.

supremthor
bill and adam are able two take the hammers away.

Thunderstrike
and then plummet to the ground like rocks. They can't lift Mjolnir or Stormbreaker. Also, Beta Ray and Thor can call their hammers back. What then?

Mr. Valentine
team URU take this 6.5/10

roughrider
Originally posted by supremthor
bill and adam are able two take the hammers away.

Could be possible. If they do, they don't just fall to the ground; Billy & Teth wield them. And maybe they even hang on as Thor & Bill try to will them back. But, we've only seen Billy do something like that in the crossover. Adam may not be able to.

Thunderstrike
Stormbreaker can only be wielded by Beta Ray. It's how it was made and enchanted. Also, Odin would have to deem that person worthy to lift it. I doubt it would happen though.

supremthor
if superman was able to cath an agery thors him with a left hand.. Adam and Billy can more then likly do it.

Thunderstrike
Superman had permission from Odin to do so. As the worlds began to separate, Odin basically said "f*ck you" and Superman couldn't hold it anymore.

jrodslam
Thats true. Cap and Adam could indeed stop the hands that weild the hammers much like Supes did. Nice point supremthor. I personally think this fight could go either way. 5/5 for both.

UniOmni
While i personally believe Superman catching the hammer and not breaking his hand in the process to be highly bogus, if he did it, BA and CM probably could as well.
And if anyone in DC were to worthy to wield them, it'd be these two, and WW of course.
Really good match, but i lean 6.5 times outta ten in the hammers duo's favor.
Hammers verasility >>>> The shazam teams durability.

grey fox
Ok so we have A GOD and a guy who is possibly stronger then the previously mentioned god.

Versus

Two guys empowered by a FRACTION of a menagerie of gods and demi-gods

I think the victors are quite clear here.....

CaptainStoic
How many people think that Beta Ray Bill is not portrayed properly? What i'm getting at is the fact that he beat Thor in their first meeting, while possesing nothing more than his two fists.

Don't you think that he should have gotten a hell of a lot more powerful now that he has the hammer? Everyone else that wields it seems to grow in power, even Superman became stronger with it.

Not to get off of the subject, but I think Thor and Bill should take this more times than not, and as far as durabilty goes Bill was driven through a planet and it exploded in the Stormbreaker saga. IMO that's pretty tough.

grey fox
Originally posted by supremthor
if superman was able to cath an agery thors him with a left hand.. Adam and Billy can more then likly do it.

Valid point but it's still a No-No

Black Adam is a villain , reformed but still a villain nonetheless. So that puts him off the 'grab the hammer and smack thor in the face with it' plan

Billy on the other hand possibly could , but he's still a child at heart and as such doesn't have the 'warriors spirirt' necessary to pick it up.

Thunderstrike
However, no one but Beta Ray can pick up Stormbreaker. He could also get Thor's hammer back for him. Or he could use both at the same time. Eeep.

Lucid Lui
This would be a great fight to see. Thor and Beta take it though...

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Valid point but it's still a No-No

Black Adam is a villain , reformed but still a villain nonetheless. So that puts him off the 'grab the hammer and smack thor in the face with it' plan
If Doom is able to wield Mjolnir, Adam should be a shoe-in.

Thunderstrike
People who have used technology have been able to wield Mjolnir. That's how Doom is doing it. Adam would go plummeting to the ground like a lead ball.

Validus
Wasn't that flaw removed from the enchantment?

Thunderstrike
Nope. Only Beta Ray and Thunderstrike had hammers that were especially attuned to them.

Validus
I'm talking about the technology loophole with Mjolnir. I heard it was removed, nothing involving a Thor only enchantment.

Thunderstrike
I know. That's what I meant is the only ones that were augmented so no more than 1 person could hold them were Thunderstrike Mace and Stormbreaker. The technology thing never got removed to my knowledge. Either way, Doom's gonna be screwed when Thor returns and takes back his hammer.

roughrider
Has Doom gotten ahold of the hammer in that upcoming Fantastic Four issue...?

Thunderstrike
Yeah. We just covered that.

roughrider
OK. Because I wasn't aware of any past time when Doom somehow got mjolnir.

Thunderstrike
He's using some sort of technology that allows him to wield it. It's been done before.

grey fox
Doom has a god-complex. First he steals the surfers powers and takes a cruise around the word just generally being a dick (He freezed the Bahamas) , then he tries to steal Franklin's Matter Manipulation (Heroes Reborn) while stating 'And what doom envies , Doom Must have !!!!. He then got owned by thor as he dragged both of them into a Wormhole.

Now he's after Thors hammer .....

Madvillain
K,,

Gecko4lif
I have it as a even slit

Durability & skill = team 1
Strength & speed = team 2

im torn

Bouboumaster
Thor corps.

Madvillain
bump

OneDumbG0
I don't know why it keeps popping up in my mind. But I just keep thinking that if either classic Thor or Beta Ray Bill were to be knocked out. Then the other guy would just start wielding both Mjolnir AND Stormbreaker and open a can of whup-ass you wouldn't believe.

Question from me... has anyone else ever wielded Stormbreaker? I know that Beta Ray Bill can wield Mjolnir...

-K-M-
I don't recall anyone has every tried to wield it, but I could be wrong

Nice Bill is coming back in the Thor: SI mini though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.