Which Gem of the Infinty Gauntlet would you rather have, and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Master
I was wondering of the six Infinity Gems:

Time

Space

Power

Reality

Mind

Soul

which would be the greatest to wield?

Personally I prefer The Time Gem, because the immensity of the power of Time is such that there have been those who have asserted that Time was the first to exist.
I can't imagine any beginnings without this Gem, apparently reasoning that whatever happens must happen according to time, and that nothing could ever take place as an event, without the acquiescence of this Gem.

manjaro
the reality gem is the real meat and potatoes of the Gauntlet, it can do anything the others can...as it you know....warps reality..any thing the weilder wills it to do thats what it does. so it can stop time, steal souls, increase personal power, grant telepathy, and teleport anywhere....in fact, ive seen thanos use it to bring Mar-vell back to life just to ask him a few questions..oh and BTW you forgot the Ego gem

Mr Master
Originally posted by manjaro
the reality gem is the real meat and potatoes of the Gauntlet, it can do anything the others can...as it you know....warps reality..any thing the weilder wills it to do thats what it does. so it can stop time, steal souls, increase personal power, grant telepathy, and teleport anywhere....in fact, ive seen thanos use it to bring Mar-vell back to life just to ask him a few questions..oh and BTW you forgot the Ego gem

That doesn't make sense friend, if it could do what the others could do, then the others would be obselete.

The reality Gem only warps reality.

Mr Master

By the way the reason why Thanos brought him back to life instead of simply plucking him from the time stream is because he had no control of time.

Thunderstrike
Time Gem. More time on homework.

xtrubeastxcs
Time gem, i could use it to go back and take the others, one by one....

Mr Master
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
Time gem, i could use it to go back and take the others, one by one....

That's cool but you only have access to one, so going back won't make a difference since only one exist per person.

But still I agree that the Time Gem is the most powerful, probably followed by the Reality Gem.

GalacticStorm
Id opt for the reality gem. Just look at House of M for a demonstration of what reality manipulation on a cosmic scale can do. All the others, except for the power gem are good and all but they still have their limitations, you'd still be vulnerable, you'd still be human with all the inherent limitations. With the reality gem what you say goes.

Mr Master
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Id opt for the reality gem. Just look at House of M for a demonstration of what reality manipulation on a cosmic scale can do. All the others, except for the power gem are good and all but they still have their limitations, you'd still be vulnerable, you'd still be human with all the inherent limitations. With the reality gem what you say goes.

I also like the Reality Gem but I still think controlling Time is everything, because everything must first pass through the circumference of Time in order to reach the center of any opportunity. Reality warping is as goos as it gets but, you need time to use your imagination/think to warp something/reality which I control. This is why Time comes before reality.

thoughts?

Sixth_Winged
Reality Gem easily though Time is a soundly good substitute

Mider
you never know even if you have the time gem you can controll time thus being equal to the time gem, beside that you can make a place for it that not even the LT can find it like thanos did.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Reality Gem easily though Time is a soundly good substitute

Well like I just posted back to GS,

in order for you to warp reality you need Time, it's impossible to think faster than Time itself, and the Time Gem has control over that Time you need.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mider
you never know even if you have the time gem you can controll time thus being equal to the time gem, beside that you can make a place for it that not even the LT can find it like thanos did.

Are you saying that the Reality Gem controls Time?

Cause it does not Mider, that's what the first guy posted, but if the Reality Gem controlled Time, what would bee the purpose of the Time Gem?

Mider
i still think that you could hide it somewhere where even the time gem would be useless

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mider
i still think that you could hide it somewhere where even the time gem would be useless

Absolutely, but where assuming that your opponent already has the Time Gem obviously, so now it's a question of is the guy who controls Time more powerful than the guy who controls Reality?

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Mr Master
Well like I just posted back to GS,

in order for you to warp reality you need Time, it's impossible to think faster than Time itself, and the Time Gem has control over that Time you need.

not for the reality gem it doesn't. Remember, comic physics isn't that strict in regards to reality manipulation. Heck, Thanos with the reality gem can ressurect people like Mar-vell only to kill them again.

Mr Master
not for the reality gem it doesn't. Remember, comic physics isn't that strict in regards to reality manipulation. Heck, Thanos with the reality gem can ressurect people like Mar-vell only to kill them again.

I know,

but he couldn't extract him from the Time stream which would of been easier than ressurecting him.
He was able to ressurect him because he had control over Reality,
ressurection requires bonding billion upon billions of sub-atomic particles back together, while reaching into the Time stream is exactly that, reach - grab - pull.

Mr Master

How does one control reality with the Reality Gem, unconsciously? No
Heck the brain uses 20% of our energy just by functioning, and when we think more energy is expended, You can't warp without thought, and thinking takes time, even if it's a fraction of a fraction of a second, the Time Gem still has control over than miniscule fraction of second, Time I wouldn't allow you to have if I had the Time Gem.

Sixth_Winged
you require thought to use any gems but you can do so subconsciously too. Just look at the elders of the universe like Runnerk, Champion, etc.

And even if it cost time just thinking it, it still yields better result and absurdly more versatility.

Mr Master
you require thought to use any gems but you can do so subconsciously too. Just look at the elders of the universe like Runnerk, Champion, etc.

And even if it cost time just thinking it, it still yields better result and absurdly more versatility.

I agree youd get far more results by warping reality than anything else,

but the bottom line is whether you do it subconciously os conciously, you still have to use thought to warp, and thought takes time and time is controlled by the Time Gem.

Mr Master

By controlling time or the time stream, you have dominion over everything that has happened and over everything that will happen, because you can either cancel it out or allow it to flow.

Scoobless
By controlling time or the time stream, you have dominion over everything that has happened and over everything that will happen, because you can either cancel it out or allow it to flow.

I can't imagine a more boring existence.... no risk, no surprise, no death to worry about..... i'd go insane with the dullness of it all

I wouldn't want any of the infinity gems

Sixth_Winged
I agree youd get far more results by warping reality than anything else,

but the bottom line is whether you do it subconciously os conciously, you still have to use thought to warp, and thought takes time and time is controlled by the Time Gem.

eek! But it's not a fight. you don't have to dominate anyone here and surely you don't have anyone in our world who has a real time gem to stop you anytime you go rogue with the reality gem

Mr Master
Originally posted by Scoobless
I can't imagine a more boring existence.... no risk, no surprise, no death to worry about..... i'd go insane with the dullness of it all

I wouldn't want any of the infinity gems

I feel you brother,

but I would LOVE any of the Gems, but the Time Gem most of all, if I had to choose another it would be the Reality Gem.

And by the way not all the Gems negate risk, surprise or death

Time - will

Space - does not make you infallible - can't control the future - does not make you immortal - you still have risk/surprise/or death

Power - again you can still make mistakes - and you can't see past today and you can still be killed(although it would take a force greater than the universe to do so), but you can die

Reality - your still fallible(you control all reality)but this does not mean you can't warp the universe the wrong way and have it collapse on you so there are risks and you can't forsee events so there is surprise, as for death I'm not sure, but my logic tells me you are not immortal, you can warp reality every which way that doesn't mean you can stop time from catching up to you

Mind - you can die - no visions of the future but your probably infallible, since you have mastery over all minds it's safe to say you have mastery over your own

Soul - well your definitely immortal so scratch out death, but the future is a mystery and you can sure make the wrong move so you still have risks and surprise

Only the Time Gem grants you all three - Immortality - Omniscience of the past and future and infallibility since you can always go back and correct what you did wrong, which is also why the Time Gem rules them all.

Mr Master
eek! But it's not a fight. you don't have to dominate anyone here and surely you don't have anyone in our world who has a real time gem to stop you anytime you go rogue with the reality gem

I don't really understand what your saying buddy confused

I was trying to say that with the Time Gem no one can react with any of the other Gems unless the wielder of the Time Gem allows it, thus the Time Gem rules

Sixth_Winged
I don't really understand what your saying buddy confused

I was trying to say that with the Time Gem no one can react with any of the other Gems unless the wielder of the Time Gem allows it, thus the Time Gem rules

And you know, the premise of the thread is basically asking you which would you prefer to have and doesnt' say anything about working in conjunctions with another thread. I mean a wielder of the reality gem might feasably lose to a wielder of a time gem but that doesnt' mean of course the time gem has more versatility or power. It's only asking for a gem you would rather prefer over the other without all the other outside factors.

Mr Master
And you know, the premise of the thread is basically asking you which would you prefer to have and doesnt' say anything about working in conjunctions with another thread. I mean a wielder of the reality gem might feasably lose to a wielder of a time gem but that doesnt' mean of course the time gem has more versatility or power. It's only asking for a gem you would rather prefer over the other without all the other outside factors.

I see what you mean and your right

I should have phrased the title the other way

but you do agree after what I explained that the Time Gem is the most powerful of the six?

Sixth_Winged
well if it's against the other gem; ie a wielder vs. a wielder, then probably yeah. But my personal preference in this query still stands with the ludicrous versatility R.G gives you.

Mr Master
well if it's against the other gem; ie a wielder vs. a wielder, then probably yeah. But my personal preference in this query still stands with the ludicrous versatility R.G gives you.

I will have to agree that R.G would be alot more fun have, yes absolutely.

manjaro
time is way over rated. if you control all reality im sorry dude but you control time too. i beleive that the reality gem can do its best to mimic the others..as an example just the other day i read that marvel team up where ringmaster got a shard of the cosmic cube, and he warped reality to make spiderman and moonknight invulnerbale b4 he blew them up by turning spidey's webs into high explosives...that basically covers the power gem right there. especially seeing as how thr RG is more powerful that a shard of a cosmic cube.

so to break it down:

powergem- if ringmastre can make other ppl invulnerable with the cosmic cube ring the R.G can do that too, or amp up thier strentgh

mind gem-if one can do that they can easily will telpathy on themsleves as well.

space gem-mutants like exodus and proteus use thier reality warping abilties to teleport vast distances..so thats covered right there... a reality warping gem wont have trouble doing the same. the soul gem might be a little tricky tho, i concede to that, but since the reality gem can create and UN-create matter im willing to go out on a limb and say that it can proably create all new gems any-freaking-way

besides how many times have you seen space based adventurers like adam warlock, the surfer, thanos , captain marvel or quasar go on some mission, especially when they go to parlay with some abstract like eternity and the caption read that they venture to a place that exists outside of time and space...like infinty's realm, where LT lives, where Atlez lives, the ultraverse, and even the q-zone. all of those and many others are realms independent of the concept of time...which brings me back to my original stance...time is way overrated..big grin

Psyquis52
Give me Power!

So I can crush the infedels and subject them to my every whim!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! evil face

KillAll
couldnt the mind gem user just control the time gem user???

or couldnt the reality gem just warp reality, so time doesnt pass?? such as the crimson cosmos? time has no barring on the crimson cosmos... it could easily be accomplished with the reality gem.

GalacticStorm
I feel you brother,

but I would LOVE any of the Gems, but the Time Gem most of all, if I had to choose another it would be the Reality Gem.

And by the way not all the Gems negate risk, surprise or death

Time - will

Space - does not make you infallible - can't control the future - does not make you immortal - you still have risk/surprise/or death

Power - again you can still make mistakes - and you can't see past today and you can still be killed(although it would take a force greater than the universe to do so), but you can die

Reality - your still fallible(you control all reality)but this does not mean you can't warp the universe the wrong way and have it collapse on you so there are risks and you can't forsee events so there is surprise, as for death I'm not sure, but my logic tells me you are not immortal, you can warp reality every which way that doesn't mean you can stop time from catching up to you

Mind - you can die - no visions of the future but your probably infallible, since you have mastery over all minds it's safe to say you have mastery over your own

Soul - well your definitely immortal so scratch out death, but the future is a mystery and you can sure make the wrong move so you still have risks and surprise

Only the Time Gem grants you all three - Immortality - Omniscience of the past and future and infallibility since you can always go back and correct what you did wrong, which is also why the Time Gem rules them all.

With the time gem you can suspend your aging, but you'd still be susceptible to physical harm. The time space continuum at the end of the day is an aspect of reality, so the reality gem would be the greatest. You could set the physical laws of the universe, you could make yourself invulnerable and give yourself any power. Being one with reality would also make you omniscient and to a greater scale than the time gem as time doesnt encompass all. Reality is all there is.

Mr Master
With the time gem you can suspend your aging, but you'd still be susceptible to physical harm. The time space continuum at the end of the day is an aspect of reality, so the reality gem would be the greatest. You could set the physical laws of the universe, you could make yourself invulnerable and give yourself any power. Being one with reality would also make you omniscient and to a greater scale than the time gem as time doesnt encompass all. Reality is all there is.

This reads beautifully but my arguement stands the same,

everything must first pass through the circumference of Time in order to reach the center of any opportunity, you need time to use your imagination/think to warp something/reality which the Time Gem controls. Also the IG. is only effective in 616 as you know, 616 is subject to Time(not outside time & space)so Time dominates.

Mr Master
time is way over rated. if you control all reality im sorry dude but you control time too. i beleive that the reality gem can do its best to mimic the others..as an example just the other day i read that marvel team up where ringmaster got a shard of the cosmic cube, and he warped reality to make spiderman and moonknight invulnerbale b4 he blew them up by turning spidey's webs into high explosives...that basically covers the power gem right there. especially seeing as how thr RG is more powerful that a shard of a cosmic cube.

so to break it down:

powergem- if ringmastre can make other ppl invulnerable with the cosmic cube ring the R.G can do that too, or amp up thier strentgh

mind gem-if one can do that they can easily will telpathy on themsleves as well.

space gem-mutants like exodus and proteus use thier reality warping abilties to teleport vast distances..so thats covered right there... a reality warping gem wont have trouble doing the same. the soul gem might be a little tricky tho, i concede to that, but since the reality gem can create and UN-create matter im willing to go out on a limb and say that it can proably create all new gems any-freaking-way

besides how many times have you seen space based adventurers like adam warlock, the surfer, thanos , captain marvel or quasar go on some mission, especially when they go to parlay with some abstract like eternity and the caption read that they venture to a place that exists outside of time and space...like infinty's realm, where LT lives, where Atlez lives, the ultraverse, and even the q-zone. all of those and many others are realms independent of the concept of time...which brings me back to my original stance...time is way overrated..big grin

Nice monologue
but like I told GS, Time does exist and is of consequence in the 616 universe where the Gems have any jurisdiction, so in realities where time is meaningless, your theories are absolutely correct but in 616 Time is official.

Mr Master

"With the time gem you can suspend your aging"
You could also stop time completely and never age=immortal...

"you'd still be susceptible to physical harm"
Harm that can be undone since the Gem makes you master of the time continuum and even before harm arrives you can see into every future thus avoiding such harms...

"reality gem would be the greatest. You could set the physical laws of the universe, you could make yourself invulnerable and give yourself any power"
With the Time Gem you can go back to before you did all those wonderful things and negate it all, even going back to before you was a baby taking out your descendants thus making you non-existent...

"Being one with reality would also make you omniscient and to a greater scale than the time gem as time doesnt encompass all"
How can you be more omniscient than some one who has absolute control over the future and the past?
Reality Gem omniscience is only effective in the present but the Time Gem controls the entire spectrum of the Time continuum past - present and future.

"Reality is all there is"
In 616 it's not all, there's also Time, and this is the only place the Gems can be put to use.

TheKahn
If I was on Marvel Earth I would personally want the Mind Gem. Not only for the increased intellect but also the access it would give me to the numerous super intellects on the planet. Nearly power or ability I wished to possess from immortality or energy/matter manipulation I could conceivably achieve with technological/genetic/magical means.

Mr Master
Originally posted by KillAll
couldnt the mind gem user just control the time gem user???

Good point,

but the Time Gem wielder can travel back to the time before the Mind Gem user thought off that, or go back to when the user was an infant and kill him then.

manjaro
well at least with any of the other gems one has tangible power, as opposed to being a glorified time traveller...i see the time gem the same way isee the linear men in DC...yeah they can stop, rewind and fast foward time at will, but thats just from their perspective...its the same with the gem...you could stop time for eons if you felt like but as soon as you relax the command it would be as if you lived entire millenias in a few millisecs..again no big deal...... when you control reality you set the rules. time is merely an aspect of ALL THERE IS.

bean_machine
Controlling time is cool and all but the endless possibilities of controlling reality, is too much for me to pass up. Granted that my power would be limited by the amount of knowledge and creativity I have, but then again I can make it so that i am omniscient and uber creative.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Time Gem. More time on homework.
Reality gem. Automatic perfect scores on your homework, even if you didn't do it. Even better, NO homework and automatic perfect scores in all classes.
Originally posted by KillAll
but the Time Gem wielder can travel back to the time before the Mind Gem user thought off that, or go back to when the user was an infant and kill him then.
The weilder of the Reality Gem could just make it so he/she always had the power.

I'd take the Reality Gem. If I couldn't get that, I'd take any of them in no particular order.

Mr Master
well at least with any of the other gems one has tangible power, as opposed to being a glorified time traveller...i see the time gem the same way isee the linear men in DC...yeah they can stop, rewind and fast foward time at will, but thats just from their perspective...its the same with the gem...you could stop time for eons if you felt like but as soon as you relax the command it would be as if you lived entire millenias in a few millisecs..again no big deal...... when you control reality you set the rules. time is merely an aspect of ALL THERE IS.

"well at least with any of the other gems one has tangible power, as opposed to being a glorified time traveller
I agreed before that the Reality Gem is the one with the most diversified affects at one's will...

"i see the time gem the same way isee the linear men in DC...yeah they can stop, rewind and fast foward time at will, but thats just from their perspective...its the same with the gem"
Nonsense comparing linear men in DC to absolute control of all aspects of Time in an entire universe, and it's definitely not the same... no

"you could stop time for eons if you felt like but as soon as you relax the command it would be as if you lived entire millenias in a few millisecs"
"lived entire millenias in a few seconds"?
If you stop the Time stream from flowing then nothing goes forward or backwards, Time would not pass thus nothing would be affected by Time.

"when you control reality you set the rules. time is merely an aspect of ALL THERE IS".
I don't think so friend, right off the bat if the Reality Gem controlled Time there would be no Time Gem, and with the Reality Gem you can only manipulate the present reality not the future nor the past...

And since the Time Gem allows you manipulate Time in any way you wish, you could stop Time for yourself and allow Time to flow in the rest of the continuum, making you immortal, and since you can perceive every event that will ever be, you can stop anyone with a Reality Gem or any other Gem from affecting you aswell.
Can you see how the Time Gem rules?

Mr Master
Originally posted by StyleTime
The weilder of the Reality Gem could just make it so he/she always had the power.

I'd take the Reality Gem. If I couldn't get that, I'd take any of them in no particular order.

Which is exactly why you would be non-existent to one wielding the Time Gem, LOL

"The weilder of the Reality Gem could just make it so he/she always had the power."
Unfortunately you have no control of Time so you can't make yourself always have anything..
Reality Gem only controls the Present reality not the past or the future...

so much for that...

StyleTime
And since the Time Gem allows you manipulate Time in any way you wish, you could stop Time for yourself and allow Time to flow in the rest of the continuum, making you immortal, and since you can perceive every event that will ever be, you can stop anyone with a Reality Gem or any other Gem from affecting you aswell.
Can you see how the Time Gem rules?
If you're fine with actually sorting through EVERY possible outcome in the universe then you could probably do that. Every time you avoid something, you'd have to go and check the brand new set of outcomes for EVERYTHING in the universe to make sure you won't be harmed. That is way too much work when you could warp reality and make yourself invincible or make everyone love you.
"The weilder of the Reality Gem could just make it so he/she always had the power."
Unfortunately you have no control of Time so you can't make yourself always have anything..
Reality Gem only controls the Present reality not the past or the future...

so much for that...
Whatever happens in time is part of reality being that the past and present are part of all that is. The only thing that may be beyond the control of reality is the future. All that is can't include what hasn't happened yet, so you are right about that. The Reality Gem probably has no dominion over the future..

Mr Master
If you're fine with actually sorting through EVERY possible outcome in the universe then you could probably do that. Every time you avoid something, you'd have to go and check the brand new set of outcomes for EVERYTHING in the universe to make sure you won't be harmed. That is way too much work when you could warp reality and make yourself invincible or make everyone love you.

Whatever happens in time is part of reality being that the past and present are part of all that is. The only thing that may be beyond the control of reality is the future. All that is can't include what hasn't happened yet, so you are right about that. The Reality Gem probably has no dominion over the future..

"If you're fine with actually sorting through EVERY possible outcome in the universe then you could probably do that. Every time you avoid something, you'd have to go and check the brand new set of outcomes for EVERYTHING in the universe to make sure you won't be harmed"

Well you would only have sort through your own personal future and it's outcomes, not the entire universe's...

"That is way too much work when you could warp reality and make yourself invincible or make everyone love you"

Yea it sounds nice, but the problem is you can't control minds and make people love you, only the Mind Gem can do that.
Let's get it straight, many are confused about what reality warping/manipulation means,
Reality manipulation/warping - To create and uncreate matter and energy, that's it. Yes you can create humans(organic matter)to love you, but they would be souless and mindless, organic robots animated on a specific course(since they have no free will)basically...

"Whatever happens in time is part of reality being that the past and present are part of all that is"

Negative, on the first part but I agree on the second,
"All that is" read it again ----
Ok -- all that WAS, is a different story,
If you aquired the Reality Gem right now, you would be able to manipulate/warp all the matter and energy in the 616 universe present, but what has taken place before that you have no control over, that's where the Time Gem comes in and completes the Gauntlet's 616 omnipotence.

"All that is can't include what hasn't happened yet, so you are right about that. The Reality Gem probably has no dominion over the future"

I agree.

Creshosk
I hate time travel and it's paradoxes, too many variables to keep track of. Reality gem for me. Course right now all I need is a spatial difference.

Creshosk
What would it mean to have absolute control over time? Does this mean you can make things not exist simply by willing it? or are you limited to a more pseudolinear concept as to beinmg able to move yourself and others through time, but once you do this are powerless in any other reguard?

Sure it'sd be nice to go back in time and acheive certain events. but without the ability to alter what you already know to be destined to occur, how would you?

like if the sun were going to explode what good would the time gem do for you? to travel back in time... and then what? Slow the Sun's time down... wouldn't that also decrease the number of nuclear reactions and thus the light and heat that arrives at Earth?

I'm sorry but you make it sound as if the Time gem has a bit more power than it has. Knowledge without ability is useless. Ability without knowlegdge is wreckless. I'd rather be wreckless than useless.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
What would it mean to have absolute control over time? Does this mean you can make things not exist simply by willing it? or are you limited to a more pseudolinear concept as to beinmg able to move yourself and others through time, but once you do this are powerless in any other reguard?

Sure it'sd be nice to go back in time and acheive certain events. but without the ability to alter what you already know to be destined to occur, how would you?

like if the sun were going to explode what good would the time gem do for you? to travel back in time... and then what? Slow the Sun's time down... wouldn't that also decrease the number of nuclear reactions and thus the light and heat that arrives at Earth?

I'm sorry but you make it sound as if the Time gem has a bit more power than it has. Knowledge without ability is useless. Ability without knowlegdge is wreckless. I'd rather be wreckless than useless.

"What would it mean to have absolute control over time?"

Exactly that, absolute control over time...

"Does this mean you can make things not exist simply by willing it?

Yes because you can go back in Time and then stop the Time stream or continuum from flowing forward, there by not allowing the future to occur, thus making things non-existent...

"or are you limited to a more pseudolinear concept as to beinmg able to move yourself and others through time, but once you do this are powerless in any other reguard?"

With the Time Gem you would be able to affect every particle in the 616 universe from neutrinos to galaxies, so you would be able to move others through Time including anything else in existence, but I suppose you are powerless(depending on how you define it)in terms of exploding worlds with a wave of a hand or turning your granny into miss piggy, yes, but the way around that is to go into the deep future and take some galaxy destroying weapon, or perhaps go to the point where the Untimate Nullifier was conceived and steal the idea, then I can blow up a universe at will, so are you really powerless because you can't shift reality, I think not, there are so many avenues when you control Time, remeber it was a time traveller(anti-monitor)that nearly destroyed the entire multiverse, without this abiltiy he would not have had this caapability...

"Sure it'sd be nice to go back in time and acheive certain events. but without the ability to alter what you already know to be destined to occur, how would you?"

Actually if you control Time you control the destiny of everything, because you can allow it to crystalize or not(by stopping time)...

"like if the sun were going to explode what good would the time gem do for you? to travel back in time... and then what? Slow the Sun's time down..."

Good question, and you pretty much answered it for me, only if I knew the sun was going to explode, I would go back in time to when the sun was in it's prime, then I would not allow the sun alone to flow forward in the Time Stream, keeping it in suspended animation if you will but functioning normally since it would stay in it's prime forever. With the Time Gem you can manipulate the Time Stream of even individuals as well as individual planets or star systems, like keeping you young forever or not allowing pollution on earth to progress, etc etc... It's beautifful isn't it.

"wouldn't that also decrease the number of nuclear reactions and thus the light and heat that arrives at Earth?"

Not at all, or why would it? If the Sun is functioning normally but isn't getting older, what side effect could that have other than guaranteeing us that we will never be charded by the suns ever growing heat and mass...

"I'm sorry but you make it sound as if the Time gem has a bit more power than it has."

Well --- I think I proved it...

"Knowledge without ability is useless. Ability without knowlegdge is wreckless. I'd rather be wreckless than useless"

Nice saying, but evidently from what I explained you'd be far from useless with the Time Gem.
And the most dangerous thought I can conceive is being able to manipulate all the matter and energy in a universe and be a wreckless at the same time, you may be powerful but you could also have the universe collapse in on itself from a wreckless thought, of course you could always remake it since you would be master of all reality, the fact to ponder though is it would all be different, since your human imagination cannot perceive the universe's original intricate architecture(only the Mind Gem grants this awareness)and you wouldn't be able to create humans iether, since you can't arrange a soul/conciousness(only the Soul Gem allows this)no matter how much matter and energy you can warp, but like I told the other guy you can always create human bodies(organic matter)but they would be mindless robots and you would have to set a course or program for them to follow since they would have no free will but you probably wouldn't have intellect for that either since you don't have the Mind Gem...

StyleTime
Not trying to offend, but do you know how to quote posts?
Well you would only have sort through your own personal future and it's outcomes, not the entire universe's...

Well, I was assuming you would be looking out for the well-being of the universe. If not, then you're absolutely right. Even still, every time you change something, you'd have to look at what else changed in your timeline and figure out what to do about it...then do it. It would get tiring.

Yea it sounds nice, but the problem is you can't control minds and make people love you, only the Mind Gem can do that.
Let's get it straight, many are confused about what reality warping/manipulation means,
Reality manipulation/warping - To create and uncreate matter and energy, that's it. Yes you can create humans(organic matter)to love you, but they would be souless and mindless, organic robots animated on a specific course(since they have no free will)basically...
The Reality Gem has been used to give powers before, so you should be able to give yourself pretty much anything you wanted.

Not to mention, you seem to be attributing spacial powers to time. Say you rewound time to stop the future Power Gem bearer from being born. When you rewound time, wouldn't you still be in the same spot you were in, but 50 years earlier? I don't think time control allows for teleportation.

manjaro
wow this guy really likes his time gembig grin

Creshosk
"What would it mean to have absolute control over time?"

Exactly that, absolute control over time... Circular reasoning to qavoid answering a question.

Repeat: What would it mean to have absolute control over time?

Do not answer by rephrasing the question as a statement.

"Does this mean you can make things not exist simply by willing it?

Yes because you can go back in Time and then stop the Time stream or continuum from flowing forward, there by not allowing the future to occur, thus making things non-existent... Mmm hmm...

So you go back in time and stop the way you preceive time. meaning you cease to exist in the current time stream however as evens have occured, in the past and in the future you really haven't done anything but stop the way your preceive the normal flow of time.

Useless.

"or are you limited to a more pseudolinear concept as to beinmg able to move yourself and others through time, but once you do this are powerless in any other reguard?"

With the Time Gem you would be able to affect every particle in the 616 universe from neutrinos to galaxies, so you would be able to move others through Time including anything else in existence, but I suppose you are powerless(depending on how you define it)in terms of exploding worlds with a wave of a hand or turning your granny into miss piggy, yes, but the way around that is to go into the deep future and take some galaxy destroying weapon, or perhaps go to the point where the Untimate Nullifier was conceived and steal the idea,Originally posted by Mr Master
then I can blow up a universe at will, so are you really powerless because you can't shift reality, I think not, there are so many avenues when you control Time, remeber it was a time traveller(anti-monitor)that nearly destroyed the entire multiverse, without this abiltiy he would not have had this caapability... If you travel in to the past, the future does not cease to be. otherwise time travel would be impossible for traveling into the past would erase your future, you would cease to exist. Travel into the future as I said before based on interpritation of the way you preceive time to be.

Also how do you travel spatially with out the space gem? Again, limited to your own powers and abilities how would you acheive anything that you imply as a given?

How would you discover the location of the place the ultimate nullifier was conceived if limited to your own abilities plus the control of time? For you seem to imply extra knowledge and extra travel method.

"Sure it'sd be nice to go back in time and acheive certain events. but without the ability to alter what you already know to be destined to occur, how would you?"

Actually if you control Time you control the destiny of everything, because you can allow it to crystalize or not(by stopping time)... so you stop time. then what? allow it to occur? or exist outside of time with the rest of time stopped?

But again this implies that by stoping time, or even traveling into the past the future ceases to exist. your birth would not have occured if you travel to the past beyond the time of your birth.

I'm sorry but again the concept is not harmonious with the MU concept of time.

"like if the sun were going to explode what good would the time gem do for you? to travel back in time... and then what? Slow the Sun's time down..."

Good question, and you pretty much answered it for me, only if I knew the sun was going to explode, I would go back in time to when the sun was in it's prime, then I would not allow the sun alone to flow forward in the Time Stream, keeping it in suspended animation if you will but functioning normally since it would stay in it's prime forever. With the Time Gem you can manipulate the Time Stream of even individuals as well as individual planets or star systems, like keeping you young forever or not allowing pollution on earth to progress, etc etc... It's beautifful isn't it.

"wouldn't that also decrease the number of nuclear reactions and thus the light and heat that arrives at Earth?"

Not at all, or why would it? If the Sun is functioning normally but isn't getting older, what side effect could that have other than guaranteeing us that we will never be charded by the suns ever growing heat and mass... because by controlling the nuclear reactions you are reaching outside of your own preset time abilities. if they occur we have heat and light. If they do not we do not.

without just the right number life could not exist as it does.

So once again you overstep the boundries of what time manipulation allows. another implied power.

"I'm sorry but you make it sound as if the Time gem has a bit more power than it has."

Well --- I think I proved it... No, implyuing more power to justify implying more power does not prove a thing except your concept of your power is fundementally flawed as it does not coincide with the MU's concept of time.

I think I'll stick with the reality gem and acheive everything you implied.

"Knowledge without ability is useless. Ability without knowlegdge is wreckless. I'd rather be wreckless than useless"

Nice saying, but evidently from what I explained you'd be far from useless with the Time Gem. Sure if - oh wait you said time gem again. Sorry, I thought you said Reality gem, as that's what you'd need to acheive half of the things you imply the time gem can do.

And the most dangerous thought I can conceive is being able to manipulate all the matter and energy in a universe and be a wreckless at the same time, you may be powerful but you could also have the universe collapse in on itself from a wreckless thought, of course you could always remake it since you would be master of all reality, the fact to ponder though is it would all be different, since your human imagination cannot perceive the universe's original intricate architecture(only the Mind Gem grants this awareness)and you wouldn't be able to create humans iether, since you can't arrange a soul/conciousness(only the Soul Gem allows this)no matter how much matter and energy you can warp, but like I told the other guy you can always create human bodies(organic matter)but they would be mindless robots and you would have to set a course or program for them to follow since they would have no free will but you probably wouldn't have intellect for that either since you don't have the Mind Gem... Appearently you aren't aware of how far the human imagination can go as far as Nobodies go.

I suggest you play the Kingdom hearts game series. And tell me about how heartless, soulless nobodies cannot act, and react as if they were human.

Anyway I'm not sure why I'd want to do that, personally none of my designs are as gradiosie as to attempt to create life artificially. maybe to aide my ability to create it naturally. lol

It would certainly aide things.

Creshosk

Well, I was assuming you would be looking out for the well-being of the universe. If not, then you're absolutely right. Even still, every time you change something, you'd have to look at what else changed in your timeline and figure out what to do about it...then do it. It would get tiring.

The Reality Gem has been used to give powers before, so you should be able to give yourself pretty much anything you wanted.

Not to mention, you seem to be attributing spacial powers to time. Say you rewound time to stop the future Power Gem bearer from being born. When you rewound time, wouldn't you still be in the same spot you were in, but 50 years earlier? I don't think time control allows for teleportation. And apperantly it has the mind ability to be aware of extra things, such as the location of said power gem.

I could indeed think of some creative and rather lethal uses for the time gem. but as was said I would not beable to travel spatially with the time gem. so the time gem would not aide me in anyway shape or form.

*points at the butterfly effect* Too damned many variable to keep track of.

manjaro
all that pretty much echoes what i said about living millenias in millsecs...you just affect YOUR perception of time with the gem...if you stop time forever, once you command it to flow again everything will be back to normal...cuz everyone and all matter in the universe would be in suspended animation except YOU. to everybody else it would seem as if they only blinked an eye....oh and when thanos brought MAr-vell back to life he seemed pretty ok to me...didnt look like a mindless, soulless robot, and his free will seemed pretty in tact..seeing as how he was demanding to return to the grave, even threatend thanos too...charging up his power and everything. soooooo yeah, the reality gem can create life, and thats all there is to itbig grin

Mr Master

I would appreciate it if you explained to me how to make a collage of quotes in one post, I see it being done all the time but I just don't know how.
Thanks.

Creshosk

I would appreciate it if you explained to me how to make a collage of quotes in one post, I see it being done all the time but I just don't know how.
Thanks. Well. to Multi-quote like I do, just copy the header of the person you are responding to.

{QUOTE=6321384}{i}Originally posted by Mr Master {/i}
{B}
Then after the section of the person's quote you wish to respond to type in {/b}{/quote} after the section you want to respond to.

Type your message after that, and before the next section of the person's quote paste the header again.

Repeat as needed. (with instead of } of course

Mr Master
I would respond to all of those posts directed at me but then I figured what's the point, yall are convinced about the Reality Gem and I feel the same about the Time Gem.

But I'll leave it with this:
This is what all the Gems are capable of according to Marvel and it's inventors:

Time Gem - Control over the flow of time

Space Gem - Control over space,
allowing instantaneous travel across vast distances

Power Gem - Increases physical strengh and endurance

Soul Gem - Control over the soul

Mind Gem - Allows mind control
and vastly enhances the holder's intellect.

Reality Gem - Control over reality itself,
creating and uncreating matter and energy

Ego Gem - contains the consciousness of Infiniti,
when merged with the other gems reforms the cosmic entity the gems were once part of,
Also grants the wielder the ability to manipulate dimensional energies

I won't respond to anyone disputing this, take it with Marvel,
Reality Gem allows you to create and uncreate all the matter and energy in the 616 universe, but if you do not have the awareness it requires for you to manupulate all that energy,(as the human you are now)then you'l be able to rearrange your apartment at best or perhaps your neighborhood, I'll even give yall that. Since you don't have every corner, street, highway or crevice of your city memorized, I doubt you could manipulate matter that far, and just cause you can say to yourself, "Nullifier appear" doesn't mean the Ultimate Nullitfier will appear, you have to have an exact blueprint of said device in your creative hemisphere in order to bring it into reality.
Also if a limited mind did attempt to altar the cosmos I'm certain it would be disastrous. And I'll throw up a scan to prove myself(when Dr. Doom aquired near omnipotence after absorbing Galactus's power & his galaxy size home world, he became afraid and confused because he was overwhelmed by the perception of all reality)and this is with cosmic awareness, not to mention one of the most brilliant minds on the planet and even he could barely handle it, with cosmic awareness! and this was only on a galactic scale I might add.
So put power that dwarfs what Doom felt in someone hands without cosmic awareness and were all finished.

Bottom Line:
None of us can really be omnipotent with just one of the Gems be it Time or Reality, now If you had atleast two of them, then we would all have our way.
I suppose I would choose Space & Time, and yall would have no choice but to choose Mind(universal awareness)along with your Reality Gem.
My Space Gem would give me a universal highway to conduct my Time experiments.
While your Mind Gem would give you an architectural blueprint of the universe, making you unstoppable, but not to one wielding both the Time & Space Gem, imho.

Oh and here's Doom confused and dazed by his galactic awareness of all reality in the galaxy.

Mr Master
Well. to Multi-quote like I do, just copy the header of the person you are responding to.

{B}
Then after the section of the person's quote you wish to respond to type in {/b}{/quote} after the section you want to respond to.

Testing testing 123..

testing teesting 123

Mr Master
Well. to Multi-quote like I do, just copy the header of the person you are responding to.

{B}

Type your message after that, and before the next section of the person's quote paste the header again.

Repeat as needed. (with instead of } of course

Creshosk,

Thanks a million dude, it worked just fine, thanks alot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.