Magmar vs. Bowser

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
The setting is the Crimean royal palace in the last chapter called Endgame: Repatriation of Path of Radiance. It is, in fact, a garden. So no one will ever be familiar with that area.

thesilverspider
Bowser is at least 3x bigger then Magmar plus I don't think fire hurts Bowser where as Fire still hurts Magmar.

Twilight Janick
So everything will be decided by a non-fire fight.

Voyeur
well, Bowser is shown he can take damage from fire and lava as well. So he's not "impervious" to such heats. In fact, he's weaker against them then Magmar. Magmar also has psychic. TK Bowser to death.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Voyeur
well, Bowser is shown he can take damage from fire and lava as well. So he's not "impervious" to such heats. In fact, he's weaker against them then Magmar. Magmar also has psychic. TK Bowser to death.

Magmar doesn't naturally learn psychic. It can only be done with a TM IIRC.

Voyeur
Why is it TM specific? is a Magmar in Vs also restricted to only 4 moves and turn based fighting? ...any way....well, the fact stands the main way you BEAT Bowser is to throw him into Lava where he falls and takes damage. And Magmar is constantly at the temperature of lava. So he technically is the very walking bane of existence to Bowser.

side note: Yes I know you need to teach him Psychic via TM.

Wei Phoenix
Why is it TM specific? is a Magmar in Vs also restricted to only 4 moves and turn based fighting? ...any way....well, the fact stands the main way you BEAT Bowser is to throw him into Lava where he falls and takes damage. And Magmar is constantly at the temperature of lava. So he technically is the very walking bane of existence to Bowser.

side note: Yes I know you need to teach him Psychic via TM.

Because its not a natural move and it would have to be a specific Magmar we were talking about then. This one would have to have a trainer if he knew psychic and the fight would be between him and Bowser and Boweser would eat him. A wild Magmar can't teach itself Psychic. If Magmar gets outside abilities and help then Bowser should get the Star Wand or some other power up.

That being said Magmar is 4'3 and 98 lbs. Bowser towers over him and is pretty much impervious once he enters his shell and starts spinning around.

Ridley_Prime
edit: Mis-read something. Disregard this post.

ThunderGodEneru

side note: Yes I know you need to teach him Psychic via TM. Bowser was taking a bath in lava in Super Mario Sunshine. no expression

Ridley_Prime
Ah yes. What a great scene/location for a final boss battle.. laughing out loud Did they just run out of ideas, or made it silly for the sake of being silly?

KingD19
But in Mario 64, tossing him in the lava was the only way to beat him.

ScreamPaste
You threw him into bombs, not lava, lava didn't hurt him.

Ridley_Prime
Ah yes... Why bombs of all things?

Oh well. It was a cool tactic I guess.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Bowser was taking a bath in lava in Super Mario Sunshine. no expression

He was? I never played Sunshine but I guess that seals his victory here.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He was?
Yep, sadly.

GrnNMg8advk

Wei Phoenix
How is it sadly?

Voyeur
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How is it sadly? because that's just hot water. Obviously not lava. That's what is sad.

Nemesis X
Pokemon. Gotta kill em all.

Wei Phoenix
because that's just hot water. Obviously not lava. That's what is sad.

Doesn't stop Bowser from owning this fight.

KingD19
Well, Magmar looks like a butt....

Mairuzu
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, Magmar looks like a butt.... drylaugh

you mean his butt head? laughing out loud

I just watched a video of Magmar vs Charizard. And after watching that, it seems like a close match.

Then again bowser keeps changing size so which bowser are we talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.