Chronicles of Narnia > Lord of the Rings...lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB - 1138
Alright it's like this. My friend says Narnia is better then the Lord of the Rings as both a book and a movie. Just yesterday I finally watched the Chronicles of Narnia and feel asleep half way through it. My brother who watched the movie twice in threaters said quote "I don't remember this movie being so boring." Now then does anyone at all think that the Chronicles of Narnia is boring and should never be compared to the Lord of the Rings? Micah keeps saying that all they do in the Lord of the Rings is walk and talk. The Mines of Moria alone is more exiciting then the entire Chronicles of Narnia. Would anyone like to explain to me why people like Narnia?

Darkman87
I voted for one star because you know it has an attractive story but boring. Comparing with LOTR! get out.

DanielLB
Narnia i think is another brilliant master piece-aimed more at children, therefore not as good as LOTR! BUT STILL EXCELLENT!

Brilliant plot, storyline, action etcsmile I rate it 5smile

Draugwen
I think that Narnia lacks the depth of LotR; there hasn't been so much care and detail put into it. It is pretty good as a children's story, but I found it a bit hard to read, especially since the writing style too seems somewhat childish (this isn't entirely the right word, but I can't find a better one right now). I wouldn't dare to compare it to LotR stick out tongue

I didn't fall asleep during the movie though stick out tongue I thought it very nice smile

Bar-en-Danwedh
narnia brought back some childhood memories as i read the bok s while quite young...

but LOTR is far more complex and not really a kids story as such.

but tLtWatW was still a good movie and enjoyed it.

i mean it had talking wolves, centaurs, satyrs, a witch, a magic doorway, and german bombers...

which is not a common mix.

Traya
Narnia is more of a kids story, although there are several similarities between the books, considering Lewis and Tolkien were best friends.

Bar-en-Danwedh
until lewis left his wife... or something.. i can't remember.. but they had a falling out. ironically because tolkien though lewis was being unchristian.

wait... it was marrying a divorcee...

Kasi
Compared to LotR, Narnia is dirt. It was alright in general movie terms, very well done considering the ages of the main actors, but altogether not suited to being compared to LotR.

Belegūr
The mythologies of Tolkien and Lewis' Narnia should not be compared. Narnia is in many ways little else than Christian theology, (which Lewis learnt from Tolkien and Hugo Dyson), set in an "alternate-universe," where fantasy is reality. Tolkien's mythologies are, on the other hand, ancient Germanic and Scandinavian-style myths, with deeper values and themes.

maham
i'm somewhere in the middle.i'll say 3*s.lotr n narnia is no match bcuz narnia is s children's movie while lotr is not.it's more deep n confusin.narnia is comparatively simple cuz it's suppose to b simple.it's fr children.

azszhz
As books I wouldnt really choose.... I love to read to much and in my little world I own both but when it comes to movies.... Lotr hands down there is no comparison Lord of the Rings is far far better then the Narnia movie could ever dream of becoming...

Icicle
I think they were both great in different ways, you cant really compare them

shaber
Which witch was better? For those who don't know, the BBC witch had one brown and one blue eye and a freakish unsettling appearance. She overacted a great deal too, shouting alot.

Swirly Girl
I preferred the BBC Witch. Far more nasty.

shaber
I suppose you would run away from Kellerman if you saw her in real life. That is more like the role than Swinton is.

LadyOfMirkwood9
I think they both deserve 5 stars

Fėanor
hmm...that's a tough one, actually.

Swirly Girl
you make me sick!-qefwrgrehthht

AI AI!

CTHULHU!

coolmovies
well everyone has there own choice . I have seen narnia and its good but it reminds me of LOTRS .

Belegūr
Boo! Narnia sucks! stick out tongue

No, but honestly, I dislike some of C.S. Lewis' writings because they are simply camoflagued views of Christianity.

Tolkien, for one, didn't hide his beliefs; and IMHO, he blended the monotheistic-belief system with the "pagan" system perfectly in his mythologies, expressing the best of both worlds, and condemning neither one nor the other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.