Which is bigger, God or everything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere.

Everything is the universe and everything within it.

Would God fit inside the universe or would the universe fit inside of God? Which is bigger?

debbiejo
God because everything that is, is part of it.........visible and invisible...

Janus Marius
Bardock42: Prove God. Prove size. Prove everything. There is no good or bad.

debbiejo
^ you didn't vote............Neither did you Shaky.......... sad stick out tongue

Soleran
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Would God fit inside the universe or would the universe fit inside of God? Which is bigger?

Paradoxically delicious, can I have that over milk please.

Blue nocturne
Well I believe GOD is everything so it does not matter.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
Paradoxically delicious, can I have that over milk please. Of course you do realize milk is part of god too..........eat eek!

T.M
If there was a 'They are the same' option I would vote that one.. Even though I don't believe in god... If I did however I would think that God is everything.. he is the the earth, sky and stars.. he is the universe.. so I would say neither are bigger.. neither are smaller they are both one and the same.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by T.M
If there was a 'They are the same' option I would vote that one.. Even though I don't believe in god... If I did however I would think that God is everything.. he is the the earth, sky and stars.. he is the universe.. so I would say neither are bigger.. neither are smaller they are both one and the same.

I agree with you, but people keep talking about God as if you can be separated from God. So, if they are not the same, which is bigger? Silly question with a serious intent.

Soleran
Originally posted by debbiejo
Of course you do realize milk is part of god too..........eat eek!

Unless its goat milk. God hates goat milk he told me so, its the only thing seperate from God in the Universe!

T.M
OK If they are not the same.. then I don't know.. I guess I would have to say God would be bigger than the universe.. don't ask me why.. I just had a vision of him doing what teachers do in exams.. just peeking over the shoulder of the universe.. so he would have to be bigger.. messed

even though I still think that they are the same

Mindship

*recognizing a loaded question when he sees one ... stick out tongue ... but taking the opportunity to pontificate, anyway*

God is said to be both immanent (inherent in the universe) and transcendent (extending beyond the universe). Ergo: God Be Bigger.

It's like a person who is dreaming: as the dreamer, everything within the dream is the dreamer. On the same token (quaint phrase, that), the dreamer is obviously more than the dream.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
*recognizing a loaded question when he sees one ... stick out tongue ... but taking the opportunity to pontificate, anyway*

God is said to be both immanent (inherent in the universe) and transcendent (extending beyond the universe). Ergo: God Be Bigger.

It's like a person who is dreaming: as the dreamer, everything within the dream is the dreamer. On the same token (quaint phrase, that), the dreamer is obviously more than the dream.

Shhhhh don't tell everyone. eek!

I see it the other way around, god is man made therefore, is part of the universe. However, the universe is so large and complex that it acts as a living entity, but that God is not the god of the bible. That God doesn't require anything, and you cannot be separated for that God.

lil bitchiness
God, if taking my deffinition IS everything...he is all the good and all the evil, all visible and invisible.

Everything IS God and God IS everything.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
God, if taking my deffinition IS everything...

clapping

T.M
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
God, if taking my deffinition IS everything...he is all the good and all the evil, all visible and invisible.

Everything IS God and God IS everything.

w00t thats what I said big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by T.M
w00t thats what I said big grin

But she's better looking then you. laughing

debbiejo
.....Yeah, he's into lambs...not considered the "scape goat" as taught in scripture.
Hence my name....
Hey, I said it too..........How come I never get recognition............ laughing out loud ......j/k

T.M
But she's better looking then you. laughing

sad

laughing out loud

debbiejo
Well she's pretty cute!

Punker69
God because everything that is, is part of it.........visible and invisible...

I dont understand what your saying. Are you saying that the planets, solar system, etc are in God? Because they're not. They're of God but dont determine any shape or size he may have. I dont think God has a shape or size. He's a spirit and can be anything he wants to be.

T.M
OK fare enough..

debbiejo
Originally posted by Punker69
I dont understand what your saying. Are you saying that the planets, solar system, etc are in God? Because they're not. They're of God but dont determine any shape or size he may have. I dont think God has a shape or size. He's a spirit and can be anything he wants to be. God is the creative force....Everything is made of IT (god)....so everything is part of what god is............Nothing is made without the energy or presence of god.....god is all, god is in all. We should cherish everyone and everything because it is all a gift as we are gifts to each other....Everything is energy at the sub atomic level....what is energy made of.???....Well, who or what made it?....so..........

Mindship
The Thread Question also begs the lesser questions of: What do you mean by "God?", and What do you mean by "everything?" rolling on floor laughing

Shakyamunison
The Thread Question also begs the lesser questions of: What do you mean by "God?", and What do you mean by "everything?" rolling on floor laughing

OK

God = Whatever your theology or belief is.

Everything = The entirety, all items, actions or facts in all situations.

Mindship
OK

God = Whatever your theology or belief is.

Everything = The entirety, all items, actions or facts in all situations.

Then for me, God = Everything, by definition punk

Shakyamunison
Then for me, God = Everything, by definition punk
Then that means God is both good and evil.

debbiejo
God is what we want it to be, cause it's the influence.............

Arachnoidfreak
The answer is...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
The answer is...

So, we have another Hitch Hiker. stick out tongue

Mindship
Then that means God is both good and evil.

...yes/no/both/neither/maybe/definitely... stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
...yes/no/both/neither/maybe/definitely... stick out tongue

Said like a true Zen Buddhist. laughing

Mindship
Said like a true Zen Buddhist. laughing

We need a meditation smilie...

debbiejo
If energy is what all is made of and we are also that, then we are also that, and god is what?......??????........we are what is made up of that....we are all parts of what god is...............Not a a [reecect....and energy...an attraction to us..............something that would give US what we want.............on a large scale........hmmmm.....not Good...Cause e don't know perhaps...Who knows......that's why we should watch our thoughts..............on a small scale...............good can only attract good unless, you believe we have made desisions about what we woud espereince here to make us grow..........but that it only some beliefes.............and I'm to to think if this is true, then..............I get browiie points.......................MAJOR ONES.

Black Rob
Isnt this kind of an unanswerable question? Its like asking what smells better,chocolate or blue?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Black Rob
Isnt this kind of an unanswerable question? Its like asking what smells better,chocolate or blue?

Well, that's easy... chocolate smells a lot better then blue. laughing Just ask Deb ^

docb77
Boy lot's of eastern thought in here. I'll add my two cents and be completely different (because I can).

I believe in an anthropomorphic God, an actual physical being. When I pray it's not to some nameless force/entity, or to an abstract idea. I pray to a person, a divine person, but still a person.

So, the God I believe in would physically be smaller than the universe, but his influence/power extends beyond it. So the answer is both.

Janus Marius
It's all perception. How can you perceive God and perceive everything and contrast the two? You can't. Correct answer: we don't know.

Arachnoidfreak
So, we have another Hitch Hiker. stick out tongue

Yup.

The ultimate answer is 42.

Atlantis001
Thats something that we cannot know, but in some places, God is thought as including both existence, and non-existence.... in this sense we could say that God is bigger since everything just make reference to existence.

debbiejo
Originally posted by docb77
I believe in an anthropomorphic God, an actual physical being. When I pray it's not to some nameless force/entity, or to an abstract idea. I pray to a person, a divine person, but still a person.

. No need to pray at all.......it's just your thoughts that attracts............gratitude pulls in positive things..

Tptmanno1
Yea because that makes sence

Everything simply because god or any theological being does not exist.

(And I agree with AF. 42 is the way to go)

Bardock42
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Bardock42: Prove God. Prove size. Prove everything. There is no good or bad.

Yeah, that on the one hand.

And on the other, what I said is still applicable, God is either equal or smaller than everything. That's actually a pretty easy concept to grasp...you, Shaky, might as well....one day....

debbiejo
Why can't god be in everything then?

Bardock42
Why can't god be in everything then?

I didn't say he can't, I said "prove it"....

debbiejo
But you're saying in a manor of words that god can't so, why don't you think it is possible?

Bardock42
But you're saying in a manor of words that god can't so, why don't you think it is possible?

Again, I didn't say it's not possible, then again I also don't find it impossinle that a 20 feet tall Alien Dinosaur crawls out of my ass to play a round of bridge with me.....all I am saying is, if you are going to claim a theory you just pulled out of a place where the sun doesn't shine, you better have something to back it up.

debbiejo
Well we all know that that card playing dino would kill ya if it crawled out of your ass.....hahahahaha..........The imagery is killing me..............but all I said is why couldn't it be possible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, that on the one hand.

And on the other, what I said is still applicable, God is either equal or smaller than everything. That's actually a pretty easy concept to grasp...you, Shaky, might as well....one day....

Been there, done that. wink

NineCoronas
God = Omniscient + omnipotent.

Not everything. He doesn't need to be everything.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by NineCoronas
God = Omniscient + omnipotent.

Not everything. He doesn't need to be everything.

So which is bigger?

Bardock42
Well we all know that that card playing dino would kill ya if it crawled out of your ass.....hahahahaha..........The imagery is killing me..............but all I said is why couldn't it be possible.

How do you know that? Oh yes, you don't...hahah....nice realization once you made it.....Debbie, seriously, you need to understand that you are not omniscient....I'd even say far from it.

Been there, done that. wink

But this question is idiotic....what kind of answer do you expect? And why ask the most pointless question in the world? I mean...it's not smart, it's not witty, it's not funny....so, pointless.

Mindship
Again, I didn't say it's not possible, then again I also don't find it impossinle that a 20 feet tall Alien Dinosaur crawls out of my ass to play a round of bridge with me.....

Believe it or not, quantum mechanics says such a thing is possible, given sufficient time...which would be about a trillion trillion trillion times older than the current universe...but QM permits such an improbability.

The odds are so high that scientists use a double-tiered notation to express it. In other words, instead of, say, 10e20, the odds of the alien, card-playing dino crawling out of your butt would be 1 chance in 10e20e20: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000e20.

Actually it would be even higher than this. Nonetheless...

Bardock42
Believe it or not, quantum mechanics says such a thing is possible, given sufficient time...which would be about a trillion trillion trillion times older than the current universe...but QM permits such an improbability.

The odds are so high that scientists use a double-tiered notation to express it. In other words, instead of, say, 10e20, the odds of the alien, card-playing dino crawling out of your butt would be 1 chance in 10e20e20: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000e20.

Actually it would be even higher than this. Nonetheless...

Yeah, like I said, possible, not very likely though, jsut as Debbie's assumptions....but she claims them as facts, which is ignorant as well as arrogant...

Janus Marius
It's all perception. How can you perceive God and perceive everything and contrast the two? You can't. Correct answer: we don't know.

debbiejo
How do you know that? Oh yes, you don't...hahah....nice realization once you made it.....Debbie, seriously, you need to understand that you are not omniscient....I'd even say far from it.
. But if you don't think of god as a being, but in all things visible and invisible then god is everywhere.

Shakyamunison
...But this question is idiotic....what kind of answer do you expect? And why ask the most pointless question in the world? I mean...it's not smart, it's not witty, it's not funny....so, pointless.

The question is not important. What people think is important.

Janus Marius
The only proof you'll have to make a decision is via perception or perception-based knowledge. Since you can't perceive either of these things, all you can resort to is unsupported generalizations and interpretations of the terms in the argument.

Bardock42
The question is not important. What people think is important.

Bullshit....

But if you don't think of god as a being, but in all things visible and invisible then god is everywhere.

Yeah and if you think that god is a blue cow well...then you think that....so what?

Shakyamunison
Bullshit....

Yeah and if you think that god is a blue cow well...then you think that....so what?

Maybe you shouldn't post in this thread.

Janus Marius
Or any thread.

Bardock42
Maybe you shouldn't post in this thread.

Maybe you shouldn't have made it in the first place, and maybe the Religion Idiot Crew shouldn't post in it...and maybe this forum should be closed cause it's just another OT Forum for people that have the arrogance to think of themselves as educated....

Shakyamunison
Maybe you shouldn't have made it in the first place, and maybe the Religion Idiot Crew shouldn't post in it...and maybe this forum should be closed cause it's just another OT Forum for people that have the arrogance to think of themselves as educated....

Well, I think that you are suffering over this too much. Take a deep breath, and let it go.

Storm
You all are.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Storm
You all are.

We are what?

Janus Marius
Wow, Bardock... way to freak out. It's a metaphysical question... The answer is pretty much relative because the terms involved require some sort of subjective input. Get over it.

debbiejo

Yeah and if you think that god is a blue cow well...then you think that....so what? But god would be in the blue cow too....

I always though you were somewhat intelligent, shouldn't be so negative about yourself.

Then he'd be breathing in god as well............ laughing out loud

Bardock42
But god would be in the blue cow too....

I always though you were somewhat intelligent, shouldn't be so negative about yourself.

Then he'd be breathing in god as well............ laughing out loud

Okay, you are just ****ing lost....seriously, stop smoking so much of whatever you smoke...

Wow, Bardock... way to freak out. it's a metaphysical question... The answer is pretty much relative because the terms involved require some sort of subjective input. Get over it.

Not really, the term "everything" is pretty easy to grab...it just means all....yes....how God is defined is quite pointless, since God is part of "everything", so God can never be greater then everything.....pretty easy, isn't it. So what is Shakya trying to achieve with this? People don't need to think about it, it's an easy question...it's not like the falling tree thing...it's just stupid, an attempt to create a philosophical question, but losing it, because it isn't one...

debbiejo
laughing out loud You seem a little uptight tonight.......

Bardock42
laughing out loud You seem a little uptight tonight.......

You seem a little pointless ton....always.

debbiejo
Now you shouldn't be talking to god like that........

Bardock42
Now you shouldn't be talking to god like that........

Oh, and I won't, will talk to you like that though...

debbiejo
How do you know that I'm not god?

"Maybe god is one of us"

Black Rob

Maybe god is one of us you're a woman,you can't be god

Bardock42

Maybe god is one of us

No, God is not a slob like one of us....but yeah, I can't be sure, but at least I am not convinced of any one theory (one that is pretty improbable in your case anyways)

debbiejo
How do you know gods not a women............It would explain a lot of disasters..........

Are you sure? Oh, you're not............just like you can't be sure about me.

Janus Marius
Bardock, you're a bit of a judgmental prick for not really putting forth any good arguments on your behalf.

Bardock42
Bardock, you're a bit of a judgmental prick for not really putting forth any good arguments on your behalf.

What did I claim? Did I claim that God was in all of us? No, she did. So I have to prove that she is wrong?

And how am I a judgmental prick...make yourself more clear, although, you are obviously wrong again, you are just looking to pick up a fight with me cause you made a fool out of yourself in our preceding debates.

debbiejo
What did I claim? Did I claim that God was in all of us? No, she did. So I have to prove that she is wrong?

Ok, God is in all of us, but YOU...feel better now?....doesn't matter, it's still in you.........

Bardock42
Ok, God is in all of us, but YOU...feel better now?....doesn't matter, it's still in you.........

edit

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud You need to get laid.............

Of course I have proof, it's in a lot of books, I didn't make it up.........It's just hard to explain metaphysical things.............omg.....lol

Bardock42
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud You need to get laid.............

Of course I have proof, it's in a lot of books, I didn't make it up.........It's just hard to explain metaphysical things.............omg.....lol Why, are you offering yourself? That's a quite nice offer but I feel the need to refuse for multiple reasons.

What books? What based on? What proof? What is even the definition of God in those books and by you?

debbiejo
Must I do all the research........Quantum type books......Metaphysical type books..........Experiments I've done and read about....$10,000 cameras that take these pictures that shows how our essence is much larger than our bodies.....all kinds of different evidences.....

In those books it's not really called god, but a living intelligent type energy that reacts too other energies around it and it's in everything, and other people.....

Bardock42
Must I do all the research........Quantum type books......Metaphysical type books..........Experiments I've done and read about....$10,000 cameras that take these pictures that shows how our essence is much larger than our bodies.....all kinds of different evidences.....

In those books it's not really called god, but a living intelligent type energy that reacts too other energies around it and it's in everything, and other people.....

Yeah you need to actually do the research....our essence? What the hell are you talking about....c'mon, give me something to work with...when I start claiming that God is only in me I will give you some evidence as well...deal?

docb77
The Scientific Method applied to the question of God's existence:

The Scientific Method

1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.

- Certain people claim to have seen God, angels, divine phenomena, etc.

2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena.

- Hypothesis: God exists

3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.

- If God exists there should be miracles, answered prayers, etc.

4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.

- Pray, see if God answers. Follow the commandments in the scriptures see if your life doesn't improve - perhaps even miraculously. Remember to watch the variables, ie faith, hope, charity and their opposites.

So, we have a hypothesis based on observations. We have repeatable tests. I have proof (I've seen the results of said experiment). Now go find your own.

Bardock42
Double posts are not necessary....

debbiejo
I will search and list some of the books I've read along with what ever kind of evidence then.........but it will take awhile, cause I've misplaced some of my books.........so deal.

Bardock42
I will search and list some of the books I've read along with what ever kind of evidence then.........but it will take awhile, cause I've misplaced some of my books.........so deal.

Good, I am looking forward to it....would really like to be able to take you serious again.....

Shakyamunison
...Not really, the term "everything" is pretty easy to grab...it just means all....yes....how God is defined is quite pointless, since God is part of "everything", so God can never be greater then everything.....pretty easy, isn't it. So what is Shakya trying to achieve with this? People don't need to think about it, it's an easy question...it's not like the falling tree thing...it's just stupid, an attempt to create a philosophical question, but losing it, because it isn't one...

Thank you for answering the question. So, god is not bigger the everything.

Bardock42
Thank you for answering the question. So, god is not bigger the everything.

Obviously....might be equal though. But why ask that in teh first place? WHat does it prove?

Shakyamunison
Obviously....might be equal though. But why ask that in teh first place? WHat does it prove?

It was inspired by something you said in another thread. You asked me to prove that God was everything, so, I took a pole. big grin

Bardock42
It was inspired by something you said in another thread. You asked me to prove that God was everything, so, I took a pole. big grin

Yes I know, you asked me that question...still, what are you trying (and failing) to prove with it?

Shakyamunison
Yes I know, you asked me that question...still, what are you trying (and failing) to prove with it?

"failing" interesting... That want my goal.

May people waist all their life thinking that there is something over there, in heaven of paradise. Then they die.

Bardock42
"failing" interesting... That want my goal.

May people waist all their life thinking that there is something over there, in heaven of paradise. Then they die.

The first part makes no sense whatsoever...

How can you waste your life? That's basically impossible, but anyways, what are you trying to say?

Shakyamunison
The first part makes no sense whatsoever...

How can you waste your life? That's basically impossible, but anyways, what are you trying to say?

This is how I understand it, but you will not understand.

If you are out ward flowing, you waist your time and life. You set there and say "it is your fault that life sucks", and then are powerless to change it, because you have given all of your power away.

The belief in god is out ward flowing.

Bardock42
Mindless babbling...will just leave this thread and leave you guys alone...you know what, you and debbie...you deserve each other....you are like the perfect couple....

debbiejo
But he's a Buddhist......I don't know how to chant.......hahahaha

Shakyamunison
Mindless babbling...will just leave this thread and leave you guys alone...you know what, you and debbie...you deserve each other....you are like the perfect couple....

I told you, you would not understand. I use expedient means to get my points across because most people here would not understand.

Bardock42
I told you, you would not understand. I use expedient means to get my points across because most people here would not understand.

"A rhinoceros....the forest ....hurz"

Oh, you will not understand it..but it's really quite obvious..explains everything...that's how I understand it.....also, which helps me, but you will also not understand it:

"Fly.....pretzel....you talk ****ing BULLSHIT"

explains the whole world.....you won't understand though....

Black Rob
How do you know gods not a women............It would explain a lot of disasters..........
just kidding by the way of course God's a woman. Why else would men die earlier?

debbiejo
laughing out loud blink

Shakyamunison
"A rhinoceros....the forest ....hurz"

Oh, you will not understand it..but it's really quite obvious..explains everything...that's how I understand it.....also, which helps me, but you will also not understand it:

"Fly.....pretzel....you talk ****ing BULLSHIT"

explains the whole world.....you won't understand though....

Bardock, you are responsible for all of the good and bad things in your life. This is called in ward flowing. You are God, but so am I.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Black Rob
just kidding by the way of course God's a woman. Why else would men die earlier? It's true isn't it...........men die earlier....It's the curse of god........And that's why we have the better bodies.........j/k

Mindship
.......And that's why we have the better bodies........
God Bless women's bodies Jumpy

Janus Marius
edit

No, Bardock... I can't say I've ever been on the short end in a debate with you, because you're always off the deep end, like in this post. You made the claim in another thread that murder was neutral and that the idea of good and evil being needed to contrast one another didn't make any sense. Did you elaborate on these ideas with reason? No. You then turned it around and forced the burden on everyone else. That's how you play the game, Bardock- you can't argue, so you ask others to prove their case despite you making the initial claim.

Shakyamunison

lil bitchiness
Bardock, watch your language. Vulgarity is not tolerated on kmc - consider this your warning.

If you cannot debate without using profanities, then please do not participate in a debate.

debbiejo
Obviously it must of been something I said....... blink

Storm

Going by your definition of God presented here, everything.

Captain Falcon
I would say God. (The creator) But, it depends, you could say everything was already here, or everything was created in the beginning and the creator had to be bigger than the creation... Then again, some people can create planes. It's a hard question with no answer so I'm not going to bother finding the answer. Since there is none.

edit: how can people say god or everything? There's no answer, they don't know.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
I would say God. (The creator) But, it depends, you could say everything was already here, or everything was created in the beginning and the creator had to be bigger than the creation... Then again, some people can create planes. It's a hard question with no answer so I'm not going to bother finding the answer. Since there is none.

edit: how can people say god or everything? There's no answer, they don't know.

It is the thinking about the question that leads to insight.

Storm

Atlantis001
Thats a good point.

debbiejo
What if god is what ever you preceived it to be.......though that still wouldn't work cause some would think of god as a person and some, everything else.........hmmmm....dunno

Shakyamunison
There is not right or wrong answer, the answer is individual.

debbiejo
OK, well I already voted.......... cool

Arachnoidfreak
"Which is bigger, God or everything"

There's a penis joke in there somewhere.

Capt_Fantastic
There is no difference, for me, between god and everything. The two are one and the same.

Janus Marius

Shakyamunison
I said this earlier and no one noticed. Hmpf.

I noticed...

Janus Marius
that's one. Woot!

Shakyamunison
that's one. Woot!

You expect more? laughing

Captain Falcon
God Bless women's bodies Jumpy droolio yes

debbiejo
Hey, the poll says god is winning......

Janus Marius
You expect more? laughing

But of course. Legions of KMCites should flock to hear my grandiose opinion and clap.

Shakyamunison
We have a tie eek!

debbiejo
"Everything" is now winning...................And the race is on........ eek!
We will determine the truth for the whole world...........come to KMC and find out the truth.........oh no.........

Janus Marius
I voted honestly- I don't know.

debbiejo
I don't know is a good answer..........cause we don't ............but are always learning all the time............

Bardock42
Why is there no equal option?

Anyways, if I'd vote I'd have to vote I don't know (just as any honest person on here as well) since no one (stop the bullshit) knows how big exactly God is....NO ONE....faith is not the same as knowing, so "I don'T know" is the way to go.

Shakyamunison
Why is there no equal option?

Anyways, if I'd vote I'd have to vote I don't know (just as any honest person on here as well) since no one (stop the bullshit) knows how big exactly God is....NO ONE....faith is not the same as knowing, so "I don'T know" is the way to go.

I don't know is the beginning of knowledge. big grin

Mindship
I said this earlier and no one noticed. Hmpf.

Yeah, I hear ya ... sadwalk I get that a lot ...

Shakyamunison
Yeah, I hear ya ... sadwalk I get that a lot ...

What? confused

laughing out loud

debbiejo
Yeah, I hear ya ... sadwalk I get that a lot ... I read your stuff........I don't respond cause I usually agree............and I get that too............

Here feel better now?
flowers

I'll buy you dinner......eat.........hope you like chicken wings.

AOR

This has probably been said, but...

God is bigger. In my opinion there are three catagories:

1) God
2) Evil
3) Everything

God is all good and therefore could not create evil, and everything is neutral (ironically a creation from something that is all good.) However, for lack of a better phrase, in theory catagory three is all good. Two catagories always beat one (logically). However because it is neutral it can choose to which catagory it may pertain. Now where it get's confusing is that, although one scenario will always allow two to out match one, the opposite scenario will not stand. Because in the beginning there was always a God/Supernatural power/Universal force etc. That universal force created catagory three. Catagory three then went to create catagory 2. NEither the creation nor a secondary creation could ever surpass the original creator, hence why God is "bigger"...

Bardock42
But the Definition of everything is "including all there is" ...not all, that was creates" not "all that is blue" "not all there is except for God" .....it includes "ALL THERE IS (including God)"...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
This has probably been said, but...

God is bigger. In my opinion there are three catagories:

1) God
2) Evil
3) Everything

God is all good and therefore could not create evil, and everything is neutral (ironically a creation from something that is all good.) However, for lack of a better phrase, in theory catagory three is all good. Two catagories always beat one (logically). However because it is neutral it can choose to which catagory it may pertain. Now where it get's confusing is that, although one scenario will always allow two to out match one, the opposite scenario will not stand. Because in the beginning there was always a God/Supernatural power/Universal force etc. That universal force created catagory three. Catagory three then went to create catagory 2. NEither the creation nor a secondary creation could ever surpass the original creator, hence why God is "bigger"...

wacko

So there is something God cannot do?

AOR
wacko

God can do all, but how would you explain something all good creating all evil?

But the Definition of everything is "including all there is" ...not all, that was creates" not "all that is blue" "not all there is except for God" .....it includes "ALL THERE IS (including God)"...

Then define evil, without giving it form. If in doing so one succeeds with concluding with "evil is nothing" (or the lack there of) you can not deduce that is good if the opposite of nothing (which is something). From which being all good would in fact be "all somethings" (definition of God) which becomes all things from which good is all things. And therefore God (being all that is good) is bigger.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
God can do all, but how would you explain something all good creating all evil?...

I would say that good and evil do not exist without each other. Good and evil are abstractions of something that only God would understand, the mystic law.

AOR
I would say that good and evil do not exist without each other. Good and evil are abstractions of something that only God would understand, the mystic law.

So, in essence, evil was never created, and therefore not part of "everything"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
So, in essence, evil was never created, and therefore not part of "everything"

In my way of thinking, that is part of God and there is no beginning or creation of God.

AOR
In my way of thinking, that is part of God and there is no beginning or creation of God.

But if we've established that God created "everything", than God is by default greater if "all things dwell in him".

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
But if we've established that God created "everything", than God is by default greater if "all things dwell in him".

I've never established that God created "everything". IMO there is no point of creation. Creation is continuous.

AOR
I've never established that God created "everything". IMO there is no point of creation. Creation is continuous.

Than your reply, as well as mine, is simply relative....as is this entire thread....

debbiejo
Because there is a scripture in the bible that says so....
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AOR
Than your reply, as well as mine, is simply relative....as is this entire thread....

All things are relative at some level.

Janus Marius
Our conception of knowledge is relative to the human senses and mode of processing.

docb77
wacko

Yes, since he's perfect and always right, He cannot contradict himself.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by docb77
Yes, since he's perfect and always right, He cannot contradict himself.

But God is omnipotent. How can something that is omnipotent be limited?

docb77
Who says he's omnipotent (in the fullest sense of that word), I just think he's more powerful than anyone can imagine.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>