Stan Lee confirms Venom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2

"I saw a magazine at the bookstore tonight with the black costume on the cover and an interview with Stan Lee. Had some interesting points...
Quote " A spider would make a great villain. I'd never give a hero a poison as a power, but we have a villain called Venom who's in the new movie."
I noticed people still saying that we don't know for sure that he's in the movie yet, but I think Mr. Lee would be a pretty good source for confirmation.
Source: Starburst Issue 335 p. 60"

samishe
I've just pissed my pants, that's how happy i am.big grin

Knightfall93
Oh no... Sam, add the emblem as your avatar! Ja, mon

FG725
woooohooo partay!

RogerRamjet
yeah an guess what?? he's gonna be played by none other than him:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333410/

rejoice... roll eyes (sarcastic)

FG725
who cares he'll be covered up by the suit. They'll most likely make him bulk up like toby did

Doc Ock
Funny isn't it how everyone is 'confirming' Venom except for Sony wink

NoFate007
Lol you beat me to it Ock. I was going to post saying "no matter what, someone's going to post on here saying that if it isn't on Sony's website, it isn't official, so I might as well say it now."

katie_girl09
UGH! Topher Grace? How about Vin Diesel? Anyone with lots and lots of muscles. C'mon! They can do better than that! Jeez!

Doc Ock
Originally posted by NoFate007
Lol you beat me to it Ock. I was going to post saying "no matter what, someone's going to post on here saying that if it isn't on Sony's website, it isn't official, so I might as well say it now."

I'm not saying it isn't official,I'm just saying that it's hilarious that everyone from Sam Raimi's brother to Stan Lee is saying Venom,but not a single peep from Sony about it.

Drache53
Eh, it's coming... You know it, I know it. If it doesn't come, then I'll poke my right eye with enough force to make me flinch.

chucktaylor
I agree with Ock. But I do believe in Stan Lee.

Why not let's just belive Sony?

FG725
Originally posted by Doc Ock
i'm sue that it's a bi coincidence that all of them say the same exact villain will be in it laughing

NoFate007
Watch that really be true. Some giant hoax. We're really getting Sandman and Beetle haha.

FG725
i like beetle to hey maybe venom can beat his ass up in the end

DBZ MAN
People shouldn't knock Topher till he's done. Come on guys, give an actor his credit yes

Jimmy Buggs
I like topher as venom. Re-tool the character as a shadow of spiderman. Not jut some bone head who hates peter and spider man

Thunderstrike
Doctor Octopus is dancing in celebration!
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/5/a/15a92dca563a0ff59894f28a96c71c2d.gif

TheOnes2
How extremly Random

DBZ MAN
Yes, did that contribute to anything? huh

Thunderstrike
It means I'm glad Venom will be in it.

TheOnes2
Yes. Scroll down the page. Church confirms it aswell.

Thunderstrike
big grin This is awesome.

doctorstrongbad
Well I will wait for Sony to announce it. It seems premature to introduce Venom in part 3. I'm sure the producers know what they are doing.

H. S. 6

thumb up

TheOnes2
My theory, Sony is enjoying watching us fight over who's going to be in it if everyone just calms down and dont fued over it then that might force sony to produce another pic to spark speculation or a pic of Eddie/Jason/Max.

Drache53
I'm sure Sony's reading this thread... lol I can see them now:

*snaps finger* "Damn that TheOnes2 fella is on to us!! Quick, call the assassin... This could make for a great movie at the end of it all..."

No offense, of course... lol

Susan-Storm
YES...MY FAVORITE...Everyone..I SAY POPCORN PARTAY eek!

Drache53
*pulls out marker and adds a line to the 'People happy about Venom' side of the white board*

samishe
My theory, during all the movie they'll be making idiot out of Eddie so everyone would laugh at him. At the last 15 minutes he'd appear as Venom, scare everyone and then die.

Drache53
hahaha, That'd be horrible.

Darth Nepulis
I've been sure of Venom for ages now.

Especially since when got a photo of Spidey THE BLACK SUIT.

He'll probably be wearing the black suit through most of the movie, Venom doesn't come in until the end, supposibly...

He'll get his ass kicked by Sandman, get the black costume, then finally be worthy to fight Sandman.

Darth Nepulis
Having Venom in it has really begun to grow on me. I can't wait to see a good picture of Tobey in the black suit.

TheOnes2
I hope this movie will be 3 hours long so we get a worthy amount of venom at the end ( and to get all the other characters even amounts of screen time)

spencerspider
it wont be, it will be the same as the last two

NoFate007
Yeah, at the most it'll be like 10 minutes more, if that. There's no way they're making this 3 hours long.

Evil SeeD
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
I like topher as venom. Re-tool the character as a shadow of spiderman. Not jut some bone head who hates peter and spider man

big grin EXACTLY big grin

The point I've been trying to make since the beginning....

And I think that is WAY Better than some big muscle freak... A Spidey mirror image would be much more suspenseful/entertaining.....etc...

spencerspider
He needs to be a little bigger than Spiderman though

samishe
Originally posted by spencerspider
He needs to be a little bigger than Spiderman though

Yeah, a little. Hope they wont make him giant monster with huge chaw.

spencerspider
no huge monster, just a little bigger than Spiderman

grey fox
Originally posted by samishe
Yeah, a little. Hope they wont make him giant monster with huge chaw.

The jaw is neccasary dammit !!!!

LousyBoy
Venom is such a broad character, he's drawn so many differany ways there is no real defining look to him that is concrete. Im prepared to be schocked, maybe dissappointed, but thats what i have to accept if i wanna like the movie.

samishe
maximum carnage venom would be the best choise.

spencerspider
no, carnage would not be that great

jollyjim311
He was talking about the costume.

http://maximum-carnage69.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/venom25.jpg.w180h237.jpg

spencerspider
o, just a little biggger than Spiderman is how he is going to look

VenomCarnage21
I'm still hoping this Venom is modeled after Ult. Venom. It'll make more sense why Mr. Grace would be Eddie Brock.

spencerspider
I dont want the whole cure for cancer thing, make it a merteor or something from outer space, u can still make him small, just not he cancer thing

Deadpool14
i wonder if at the end of the movie Venom will bite Sandman so he dies a helpless pile of sand after being pain to Spidey. That'd be SWEEEET!

spencerspider
yea it would

Lord Paradise
I think I'd trust Stan Lee's word over Raimi himself. Topher's not the best choice either way, but he'll be alright if they spin it correctly.

Drache53
Originally posted by spencerspider
I dont want the whole cure for cancer thing, make it a merteor or something from outer space, u can still make him small, just not he cancer thing

I believe he meant make Venom look the way he did in Ultimate, not the backstory.

Sabrex51
I'm going to play Devil's advocate on this one....

Who says Venom is going to be Eddie Brock? Eddie Brock is dead as we all know. Last time I checked...Venom was trying to find a new host...

There's a little fat to chew on.

P.s. I really DO hope it is Eddie.

jeffrodini
You have to have a huge, muscular guy as Venom. Maybe they're beefing up Topher, that'd be sweet. I always thought he'd make a better Scarlet Spider or something like that, but that's not looking like it'll even come into play at all in these movies.

They should have the jaw, the drool, everything. If they make him out to be just like Spider-Man in a black costume... well that's just stupid. Surely Mr. Raimi has more respect for the fans than to do that to us.

Spideys Sister
That's why they're cancelling that 70's show. To hide his new look. evil face Obviously I'm making funny here.

Yarr
Originally posted by jeffrodini
You have to have a huge, muscular guy as Venom. Maybe they're beefing up Topher, that'd be sweet. I always thought he'd make a better Scarlet Spider or something like that, but that's not looking like it'll even come into play at all in these movies.

They should have the jaw, the drool, everything. If they make him out to be just like Spider-Man in a black costume... well that's just stupid. Surely Mr. Raimi has more respect for the fans than to do that to us.

Its funny that I think Grace would play a better Spider-man.

I think the idea someone said about making Venom almost the "Anti-Spider-man" is alright. I mean I hate seeing movies distroy such amazing continuity, but hollywood lacks creativity and they always go with the most simple anc cheapest solution. So I can see them making Venom almost an anti spiderman. I wouldnt even be shocked if we found out the "new" black suit spiderman wasnt Peter Parker at all.

Theres something about the way they are presenting it, I almost feel like thats not spiderman.

NiņoArņia
thumbs up 4 venom thumb up thumb up and i agree.....beefed up wouldnt b so good, jus a size or 4 bigger then spiderman lol

john allerdyce
hello

Sea King
I'm not saying it isn't official,I'm just saying that it's hilarious that everyone from Sam Raimi's brother to Stan Lee is saying Venom,but not a single peep from Sony about it.

well if stan lee said so it could be true because hes in the marvel movies. maybe only for a small apperance but hes their. so if hes gonna be in this one to why would he not konw if venom is gonna be in the movie. maybe he makes his apperance in the same scean as venom.

john allerdyce
like this but make it better

doctorstrongbad
I look forward to seeing venom in part 3 and part 4. I think he will be shown in three, and be the main bad guy for part four.

Silverstein
i still think part 4..is thinking too far ahead

bigbran
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
yeah an guess what?? he's gonna be played by none other than him:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333410/

rejoice... roll eyes (sarcastic) funny thing is, that him and toby kinda look alike..

Dan-El
Similar. I've said it before: They're trying to draw a parallel between Parker and Brock.

Silverstein
i dont know why they want Brock to be a mirror image of Parker. There is already a Normal emo Parker. and a Symbiote Parker. now the third wheel Brock lol

NiņoAraņa
since brock would be brock and "symbiote brock" ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) it'd be equal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.