Recently Killed Villains Count

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
For those of you who are following the current Batman comic titles you'll notice that a few of Batman's Enemies are getting knock out....permanently. The most Recent is The Ventriloquist and Scarface. Kind of shock to me...guess we won't be getting the "Damn that Gatman and Rogin!" anymore. Also Black Mask was killed by Catwoman. Add him to the Death toll.

Also some minor villains like KGB Beast and Magpipe are gone.....So who ya think will be next?

I'm putting my money on either The Hangman or Killer Moth (Charaxes)

Knightfall93
Jesus... add Ratcatcher and Firefly, killed by OMACS. How did Ventriloquist die? And who killed da man? Who killed KGBeast? And Ra's died a little way back... how about Hush maybe? And I wouldnt put it past 'em to kill Mad Hatter or,, as you say, Charaxes!

Gregory
So Catwoman's killing people now, is she? On the one hand, I don't approve of that onew bit. On the other, Black Mask needed to go.

It's too bad, though. They'll kill of minor villains, because killing off major villains like Joker could hurt sales. But it's exactly those minor villains who still have story-potential, on account of not being over-used like Joker and Two-Face.

KGBeast, on the other hand, was a bad idea from the start. Rooting his story in the real world like that--he must be downright geriatric by now.

Knightfall93
Yeah... but Black Mask had just had his moment of glory...

NoFate007
Maybe that's why they chose to kill him. Make him go out on top. Instead of having people say that they hope a character gets killed off because its boring.

Knightfall93
Excatly... he was pretty bad ass! Killing Spoiler AND orpheus...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Gregory
So Catwoman's killing people now, is she? On the one hand, I don't approve of that onew bit. On the other, Black Mask needed to go.

It's too bad, though. They'll kill of minor villains, because killing off major villains like Joker could hurt sales. But it's exactly those minor villains who still have story-potential, on account of not being over-used like Joker and Two-Face.

KGBeast, on the other hand, was a bad idea from the start. Rooting his story in the real world like that--he must be downright geriatric by now.

I don't like either but heck...if Wonder Woman can snap a guy's neck for being a dick...More power to the Women!

Joker has been kill before and is just isn't effective...not on sales but as in story wise. It's like a necessary evil to have the Joker live another day.

Agree on KGB Beast...cold war over nuff said.

Knightfall93
Hey, I LOVE the KGBeasts... he was still such a bad ass but a bit... old. It's like Flash Thompsonnn in Spiderman, update him. Flash orginally was in the VCietnam (?) war... how did KGB die?

WrathfulDwarf
He was assasinated just like magpipe and scarface.

Knightfall93
WHO DID THIS!? Was that the OMACS?

WrathfulDwarf
It is unknown at the moment. This takes place OYL.

Knightfall93
Oh... that thing! didnt Ivy die recently? Someone said she did... I cant belive they killed off the main man, Scarface! heh... I loved him in Prodigal... "Rhino, da Corkscrew!"

Thunderstrike
Black Adam may have killed them.

Knightfall93
That would suck... andwhy would he?

Thunderstrike
Haven't you read the OYL stuff? Black Adam has recently become an enforcer, and The Question is taking care of Gotham. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are nowhere to be found.

Knightfall93
Nooo... its not v. easy to get ahold of comics in the UK!

smiley8
Here in the UK we get the comics later than the US, so we havent even got to the end of infinite crisis yet!!!!

Knightfall93
Umm... its IC6 so far. And I don't live near a comic shop so I cant get them at all easily. I only collect UK editions!

WrathfulDwarf
I don't have to worry about local comic book shops.....There are plenty around my area. happy

Knightfall93
Um... you DO live in the US of bloody A... I mean USA. You are so DAMN lucky!

WrathfulDwarf
I rule! cool

Knightfall93
Hey, where do you moderate?

WrathfulDwarf
Everywhere. wink

Add Orca to the list. Another villain death.

Dark Shazam93
WHO?

MarkyMatt
did you guys add Magpie too?

WrathfulDwarf
Yep she's on the list.

Dark Shazam93
Who're "Magipe" and "Orca"?

atharpina
I don't know about Magpie, but orca's this marine biologist who somehow turned into a half woman-half killer whale thing.

Rafkins_Warning
Magpie was offed too? When, where... how!

Have been living under a rock!?!

Dark Shazam93
LOL... this sounds like DC cleaning up crap old villains, though personally I think Gentleman's Ghost should live!!!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
Magpie was offed too? When, where... how!

In the Batman comic books....

Dark Shazam93
yes ... how come ll the mods have... EWlmo(?) on their avatar?

MrHeavySilence
Good. most of those villains were lame anyway.

Gregory
DC needs to kill every single one of the established villains. It's time for some new stories, you Goddamn ***-holes.

See, I love Batman, but I don't bother to read his comics. "Oh, a Batman comic. I wonder if he'll fight Joker for the fiftieth time. No? Oh, he's fighting Mr. Freeze for the fiftieth time. My mistake."

HellMaster93
Actually, Mr freeze was fairly recently established, onl abiut a decade ago thanks to the BTAS episode "Heart iof Ice", which won an Emm or whatave... previously Mr ftreeze was hardly known and better known as Mr Zero (that was his original name!)

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Gregory
DC needs to kill every single one of the established villains. It's time for some new stories, you Goddamn ***-holes.

See, I love Batman, but I don't bother to read his comics. "Oh, a Batman comic. I wonder if he'll fight Joker for the fiftieth time. No? Oh, he's fighting Mr. Freeze for the fiftieth time. My mistake."

That' pretty much how it works in ALL Comics. Not just DC alone...

Gregory
I wasn't criticizing DC specifically. And yes, it's a problem with most comics. But it shouldn't be a problem with street-level characters like Batman, because, well, he's street level. You don't need to worry about flashy superpowers, or colored costumes, or strange origins for the bad-guys. You can throw him against muggers, rapists, murderers, arsonists, the entire gauntlet of criminals. Thousands of stories ... except that rather then exercise their creative power, the writers just throw him against the samew dozen bad-guys again and again. It's frustrating, and frankly, it's become rather silly.

Alec Brood
But every hero needs his villain equal.

Joker1237
I wont not want to see the Joker killed off, if they do kill him off, I going to try to be a writer for DC, and bring him back lol.

Gregory
Originally posted by Alec Brood
But every hero needs his villain equal.

I don't think any hero has a "villain equal." Name a villain that wins half his battles against the hero.

Reusing villains just causes comics to stagnate.

roughrider
I've come to realize - all villains added up, they must be way more in numbers than the heores. Look how many foes Batman or Spider Man have just on their own. A villain purge was overdue, perhaps. evil face

NoFate007
Tell me about it. I even keep that in mind with the comics I'm working on now. I'd say overall my ratio is 1 hero to every 20 villains. That's just in case I would need an "overdue villain purge" like you just said, and I can kill a bunch off in some awesome series and then still have a good ratio left.

HellMaster93
You do comics? Of your own characters or different? Scannage?

NoFate007
All brand new characters of my own original series. Last time I counted I had 359 characters. Problem is, I have no drawing skills so I need to get my friend to draw the characters for me in their right lights.

HellMaster93
Cool... I need a comic artist to work with also, LOL!

NoFate007
Yeah its tough.

01ZERO
IF JASON TODD CAN COME BACK IT DOESNT MATTER

The most Recent is The Ventriloquist and Scarface. Kind of shock to me...guess we won't be getting the "Damn that Gatman and Rogin!" anymore.

IVE GOT A GAT MAN.. smokin'

HellMaster93
Ha?

MrHeavySilence
I hope they kill Man-Bat. He's ugly and useless.

HellMaster93
What!? Langstrom's awesome...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
I hope they kill Man-Bat. He's ugly and useless.

Currently Man-Bat has a series going maynot be time to kill him...

HellMaster93
Apparently it looks like it'll get better though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.