what movies have scared the crap out of u?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamIel
not sure which ones have scared me... its kinda hard to remember which ones i've watched.. i know when i was little e.t. scared me... even tho its not a horror movie.. but i was like 6 or 7 and i didn't understand what was going on.. lol

Impediment
blink

SamIel
i was only 6 or 7... come on! and i was watching it by myself... no one around to explain it to me. it was just when the dudes were coming into the house in the space suit thingys.. lol

Mider
the blob scared me ugly creepy giant think that can grab you through the sink or whatever and pull you in eating you wow thats messed up.

ladygrim
Rose red when i first watched ...as did signs+sixth sense as for horror movies jeepers creepers1

BlackSunshine
i dont think any movies scared the "crap" out of me but i did get a little bit nervous

LizzyT123
probably have to say The Company of Wolves. I was probably 6 when I saw it, and my brother told me to close my eyes, but I peeked, and saw this guy pull of parts of his face......and as you can guess....I kept watching cause I was a dumb little girl, and thats probably one of the reasons why I love horror movies now. But that movie is ultra scary

Comicbook_kid
Oh my god...there are sooo many, but I will list the big ones that come to mind. The first Phantasm scared the piss out of me when I was a kid. Also, the Exorcist kept me having nightmares for a long time. There was also a movie called "The Beast Within" that REALLY scared me when I saw it as a kid. There was a zombie movie called "Buriel Ground" that scared me when I was a kid, but I watched it again a few years ago, and I can't believe it scared me when I was a kid. And I think "Poltergeist" scared me a lot too....especially that damn clown under the bed scene....oh, and the first Halloween also. That scared me too as a kid.....

~Dark_Dan_Fan~
ummm House on Haunted Hill scared the crap out of me wen i watched it wen I was like 7! and Jeepers Creepers 1 also scared me wen I was like 9 or 10???

moongoddess939
Man, THE RING is freakin SCARY the little girl is soooooo on crack or somtin

Tired Hiker
Alien

NormaBates
the thing

2D_MASTER
The original Candy Man scared the shit out of me, because I lived in a big apartment complex as a kid. That movie made me rush every time I had to take a dump.

-hh-
when i was younger, movies that scared me were:

Leprechaun
The Shining
Jaws

those 3 were pretty much the top ones^

Thanos_6383
When I was 10 there was a movie called Dark Night Of the Scarecrow.I think I pissed my pants watching it.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
When I was 10 there was a movie called Dark Night Of the Scarecrow.I think I pissed my pants watching it.

Yeah, that movie was hella scary, yet one of the best horror movies of all time. I'm glad you mentioned this movie, for I forgot about it. As I recall, it's one of the only horror films where the killer is actually sort of a good guy. He wants revenge against the people who killed him just cuz he was retarded or something. It's been a while since I've seen it, but that movie rules.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Yeah, that movie was hella scary, yet one of the best horror movies of all time. I'm glad you mentioned this movie, for I forgot about it. As I recall, it's one of the only horror films where the killer is actually sort of a good guy. He wants revenge against the people who killed him just cuz he was retarded or something. It's been a while since I've seen it, but that movie rules.

That movie was fawking hilarious. If you you think about it, the retard could have lived, he was hiding in the scareacrow, and the angry mob was going to pass him. But he, being retarded, started to whimper and shake, so he gave himself away.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Thanos_6383

Hell yeah..."Dark Night of the Scarecrow" is a GREAT horror film. It's a favorite of mine; an overlooked, true gem of early eighties horror. In my opinion, it's everything a great horror movie should be. Sadly, the movie is very hard to find. It was put on video years ago, but is looong out of print now. It has never been put on DVD, but I know of a great website that specializes in rare, hard-to-find, and underground horror films, and they have it on video or DVD...it's where I was able to get my copy...Here's the website....

www.horrortheatervideo.com

Check out this site if you are a horror fan. Whether you like slasher, vampire, cult, B-movies, creature flicks, etc....you name it, they have it. But only the hard to find stuff...so don't go there looking for "Scream" or "Leprechaun in da hood"....only the obscure, out-of-print, and VERY hard to find stuff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...(and their prices are very good too smile )

beta-wolf_101
WHo thinks that movie sounds like Pumpkin head?

T.M
I watched The Fly (1989) when I was about 7/8 years old.. that was kinda scary..

Myers Kicks Ass
halloween candyman scream 2 cause of courteney cox's chase and i know what you did last summer cause of sarah michelle gellars chase

the 1st nightmare on elm street scared me when i was 6 or 7

T.M
Originally posted by T.M
I watched The Fly (1989) when I was about 7/8 years old.. that was kinda scary..

Oops I mean 1986.. doh

I watched Event Horizon when I was 9 I think.. that was creepy..

NormaBates
The Thing freaked me out when i was a kid! especially the the spider legs that came out of the guy's head

T.M
I love The Thing yes

It is one of my favourite movies.

Zombie
There are only a few movies that have actually scared me. I'm quite de-sensitized now, so these are movies that scared me as a kid (when I was "innocent"wink. Here they are:

1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - This is my favorite movie now, but as a kid this movie scared the crap out of me. Because of the way it's filmed, it seems very realistic - like a documentary. That made it all the more terrifying to me.

2. Warlock - This movie is another that freaked me out. Especially (SPOILER WARNING) the scene where the Warlock bites that guys tongue out and spits it into a frying pan. Sick scene that aided in the corruption of my mind.

3. Arachnophobia - This movie made me have a fear of spiders for a long time growing up. It's still creepy to watch, to this day.

4. Jaws - To this day, I'm still a little hesitant about swimming in the ocean, after watching this movie multiple times due to my father - (his favorite movie).

---

That's about all I can think of.

ladygrim
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
The original Candy Man scared the shit out of me, because I lived in a big apartment complex as a kid. That movie made me rush every time I had to take a dump. confused confused i forgot about that one scared the living crap out me thaat did when i firsted watched it

Scarecrow756
One play called Woman In Black which is playing in London scared the crap out of me. The bit where the ghost is walking through the seats was creepy.

partonsd
When I was young, Return of the Living Dead scared the hell out of me, the part where the dog was cut in half and still barking...that freaked me out...but the girl dancing naked in the cemtery was cool.

darthmaulroks
i think teletubbies is the scariest

deathbycorn
As a kid...

Alien / Aliens
Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm St Part 1 & 2
Clive Barker's Candyman
Stephen King's Children of the Corn
Stephen King's It
Stephen King's The Night Flier

Watch The Night Flier alone at night, whatever your age you will get a fright.

badsymbiote
"Scarecrow" was great. I also liked "The Funhouse" and "Rabid", which weren't scary, per se, but did have imagery that stays in your head awhile. Like the zombie chick in the root cellar in "Evil Dead". I can still recall her creepy yellow eyes peeking out as the kids played cards together.
When I was 11, I liked the novel concept of Freddy Krueger, but I tried to watch the original "Nightmare" a couple of weeks ago and had to turn it off.
The guy in "Jeepers Creepers" was interesting enough in the first movie, but lost all his mystique in the next.

The movie that probably scared me the most was "jaws". I lived in Hawaii, and my parents forced me to sit in the ocean to confront my fears. I was 4 or 5. I know it isn't logical to fear sharks as human predators, but it would have been difficult to convince me 25 years ago.

I watched a shark documentary last month and didn't go to bed immediately afterwards. Their soulless eyes kind of freak me out still.

Aziz!
Pee Wees Big adventure

djBachus
i used to be scaryed of childs play when i was a kid i had to check the cuboard and under my bed before i went to sleep lol .

johnny cash fan
the shining was pretty wacked out, the first time i saw resident evil was pretty scary.

Big Sexy
When I was younger the omen scared the hell out of me.

systemshock2
When I was in high school I saw "The Amityville horror" on TV one time and it scared the bejeesus out of me. Especially that scene with the two red blinking eyes.

ToxicMolly
One word IT

Vladimir
i must go with Halloween.. the original, part 2, part 4, part 5. Those scared the shit out of me. Especially one. Also when i was little the movie IT scared me... the whole thing with that clown..... hate clowns... and friday the 13th.. not as scary.. but sill when i was little.. kinda got to me..

Captain Howdy
I saw It's Alive at the movies when I was 8 years old. That movie scared the crap out of me! I saw it again recently and it's pretty hokey, but when you are 8...

I saw Trilogy of Terror at around 9 years old. The fetish doll story also scared me silly. I remember running to jump into bed so the little doll wouldn't get my feet! lol.

RedSkull
Man, THE RING is freakin SCARY the little girl is soooooo on crack or somtin

Agree The Ring is freaking creepy! sad

When I was 7 or 8 I watched The Thing up until the first transformation with the dogs in the fenced area and I couldn't watch anymore, it took me until just last year to finally watch the whole movie. (I'm 18 now embarrasment)

Hellraiser creeped me out to.

SelphieT
Originally posted by partonsd
When I was young, Return of the Living Dead scared the hell out of me, the part where the dog was cut in half and still barking...that freaked me out...but the girl dancing naked in the cemtery was cool.

hahahahaha, the zombie from the tub scared me!!!

Aaron_Hape
Aracnaphobia scared the scheizer out of me when I was 11

allofyousuckkk
"It" scared me up until I was about 10. Other movies that scared me before that were Candyman and Children of the Corn.

My cousin(Iwho was my age) used to love children of the corn so we would watch it everyday.

Candyman I saw alone in the middle of the night. Can't remember which one it was, but I remember the teacher(?) had to break a mirror or soemthing.

I still get nervous when I watch "It"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.